Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? (6603 Views)

For Believers: Bible Studies For Spiritual Growth / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by FahBuLous: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

Brother, Ignore that bro..
Titus 3:9-11

9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
May you live long

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Tell me, what do you think it means to be righteous? undecided

Those who have the Spirit of God living in them do not ned to pray for spiritual growth because at the lead of the Spirit, He directs and instructs them every step of the way..the Spirit living inside of them is the same one that lived inside of Jesus Christ when He was on earth. He leads them every step And they submit to being led all the way.... He is the master and they are the servant
We shouldnt pray for spiritual growth?

Doctrine of Devils. Beware people.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2020
FahBuLous:
This is a prayer point every christian should always focus on, there are hidden battles we don't know about, but if you are strong spiritually, its a win win for you.
Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Myer(m): 9:19am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing in the lives of those who are followers of Jesus Christ. Read the gospel of John chapters 14, 15 and 16 to understand why such belief is meaningless for those who are followers of In Jesus Christ and are born of the Spirit.

I beg to differ sir. Perhaps you're the one who needs to read the gospels more. Most of the prayers of the apostles to the church were for spiritual growth in wisdom, utterance and love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by emecheboy2(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2020
This morning in Church
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 09, 2020
Something that ought to be a daily prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:30am On Aug 09, 2020
Thank you, Jah.

Jah. Jah. Jah!

blessings.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by thesolutions(m): 9:49am On Aug 09, 2020
thambolo:
The OP has done very well. We have to be more spiritually minded than carnally.

But then, in 1Corinthians 6:17, we are told that it is the same Spirit that GOD has that we have. In other words, there’s nothing like “spiritual growth.”

God is a Spirit. Jesus was a man born after our likeness. He had the Spirit of God in Him. Only Jesus can give you the Holy Spirit. If He had not given you the Holy Spirit, you are only claiming to have Him. you don't received the Holy Spirit by faith. The Holy Spirit is a gift from Jesus to those who will follow after Him because of the persecution waiting ahead of them.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by OlawaleBammie: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2020
JourneytoEL:
When was the last time you prayed for spiritual growth? Most Christians only pray and fast for jobs, spouse, money, children etc. While all these are good, there is something better than all these. It is salvation. Jesus said in Matt 6:33, Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, and every other thing will be added to you.
Make it a habit to make out time to pray and fast for the grace to be a better Christian, to have the Fear of God, to save souls for Jesus and also for the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said in Luke 11:13, If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

By his grace, I'm a living testimony to the power in this prayer.

You can also pray for gifts of the Holy Spirit such as prophecy, gifts of healing, Wisdom, Love etc. As Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 12:29-30, Do all possess extraordinary powers of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all–love]. (AMP version)

It's important, however, to seek God with a genuine heart and not a heart of greed or ulterior motive. As James 4:3 will say, When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Are you guilty of not praying for your spiritual life? Now is the time to explore this dimension. Endeavor to pray with Matt 7:7. Have you experienced the greatness of this prayer, share your story and advice in this thread.

Do they pray for spiritual growth??

If u wan grow u go grow, if u no go grow u no go grow, no b by prayer ogbeni.

Besides, na our spiritual bodies sef suppose to dey pray for us and not other way around, to me e b like say person dey use cup fetch water put inside ocean.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2020
Recently.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Those who have the Spirit of God living in them do not ned to pray for spiritual growth because at the lead of the Spirit, He directs and instructs them every step of the way..the Spirit living inside of them is the same one that lived inside of Jesus Christ when He was on earth. He leads them every step And they submit to being led all the way.... He is the master and they are the servant

Why then did Jesus pray all thorough the ministry since the holy spirit descended on him during his baptism.
Y did he say pray with out ceasing cos the enemy is not asleep?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by GRACEGLORY: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2020
JourneytoEL:
When was the last time you prayed for spiritual growth? Most Christians only pray and fast for jobs, spouse, money, children etc. While all these are good, there is something better than all these. It is salvation. Jesus said in Matt 6:33, Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, and every other thing will be added to you.
Make it a habit to make out time to pray and fast for the grace to be a better Christian, to have the Fear of God, to save souls for Jesus and also for the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said in Luke 11:13, If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

By his grace, I'm a living testimony to the power in this prayer.

You can also pray for gifts of the Holy Spirit such as prophecy, gifts of healing, Wisdom, Love etc. As Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 12:29-30, Do all possess extraordinary powers of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all–love]. (AMP version)

It's important, however, to seek God with a genuine heart and not a heart of greed or ulterior motive. As James 4:3 will say, When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Are you guilty of not praying for your spiritual life? Now is the time to explore this dimension. Endeavor to pray with Matt 7:7. Have you experienced the greatness of this prayer, share your story and advice in this thread.

1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby...

Even Though, prayer is powerful than an atomic bomb, Praying for spiritual growth is like praying for physical growth. For physical growth, the appropriate vitamins, nutrients et’ all are required, and this are derived from foods. The same goes for spiritual growth, which are derived strictly from the understanding of the WORD which contains the required vitamins, nutrients, and all for each stage of growth. And this In turn, determines how you pray.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 (KJV) – “And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able...

Spiritual growth requires spiritual food.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by nnamdi640: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2020
Prayer without action is a waste of time.....
Majority of this world powerful countries pray less and perform more action.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by JourneytoEL(f): 11:17am On Aug 09, 2020
GRACEGLORY:

1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby...

Even Though, prayer is powerful than an atomic bomb, Praying for spiritual growth is like praying for physical growth. For physical growth, the appropriate vitamins, nutrients et’ all are required, and this are derived from foods. The same goes for spiritual growth, which are derived strictly from the understanding of the WORD which contains the required vitamins, nutrients, and all for each stage of growth. And this In turn, determines how you pray.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 (KJV) – “And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able...

Spiritual growth requires spiritual food.
very well put, thanks for your contribution.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:17am On Aug 09, 2020
post=92362000:
Do you pray for spiritual growth or you just do the word of God and see yourself grow. Anyway buy your kids Educational Tablets

You pray for Spiritual growth and you do the word of God
The scripture says the laws kills but the spirit gives life (2 Cor 3:6)
The spirit is essential in your journey as Christian cos you need understanding to follow the word (which comes from the holy spirit)
Can you even do the word of God on your own (you were put right before God by Christ death not by what you do)
But the spirit you received when you received Christ convicts you of your sins and you obey and turn away from that. The question is will you heed to it.
God speak to us through his word as we study them.
Then why pray? Prayer keep you connected to God. As food is to the flesh, the word, prayer is to the spirit. Prayer is a form of humility that you can't do it on your own. You need God.
When Jesus was having a convo on the mountain, they became a visible transformation which the apostle noticed. Prayers (communication with God) helps us be like him which is God's desire that we may be like Christ the head of the Church

God bless you. You will get all the answer you seek cos you genuinely desire to know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Goldenheart(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
nuttyhnic:

I am not really sure the spirit that is inside of you.

I go through your post and you are always in every religious section but instead of a meek and a lowly individual willing to learn and encourage other believers you are always encouraging division without any reasonable solution to anything.

You have challenged Apostle Paul's message, mocked king David, even mocked believers that are struggling to learn the things of God. You claim to be the wisest and know all but you carefully wait to challenge other believers. I was once like you, bitter and hasty and always willing to talk down on any christian because i believed i was armed with my own knowledge of the scriptures but i didn't realise the holy spirit wasn't operating in me. I read the bible with literal understanding just like you do now.

The spirit inside of you is wicked and carnal and can never see God. You resist spiritual growth, you hate men of God, you can never have the holy spirit inside of you.

Your words are carefully written as if to tear down the body of christ. Brother their is something in you that knows Jesus but vehemently resists the holy spirit. I don't know what that thing is but i pray God delivers you.

To other believers out there, pray for spiritual growth.

If Apostle Paul could say this: Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Carry your cross daily and pray for strength to strength, faith to faith. Amen

Brutality... grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by adenodi002(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
Revolva:
Spiritual growth how abi pray for money to full bank ACC

Who xtrainty prayer help self I pray to my ancestors abeg the traditional way is d best
AJE nah dat one sure pass

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by adenodi002(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oluodi88:
see below
mod abeg chase this morafuckerrrrr
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Pilot007: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Really? Dont you know the scripture that says he that thinks he stands should take heed lest he falls? Dont you know that you need to be renewed everyday despite the fact that you are led by the Spirit? Dont you know that you need to keep asking for the grace of God? Dont you know that the devil is waiting patiently for you to fall? Dont think because you are led by the spirit of God you are done with praying for spiritual growth. Remember it doesn't matter matters much? The bible says not by works lest any man should boast. We need to keep asking for grace to grow even as we are led by the spirit of God because the more you ask the more you recieve.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by professore(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
Great thread
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by femi4: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
FahBuLous:
This is a prayer point every christian should always focus on, there are hidden battles we don't know about, but if you are strong spiritually, its a win win for you.
Wrong motive. We seek spiritual growth to know him more not because of battle to fight

Phil 3:10

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by jubrilELsudan: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
AFTER I SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by JourneytoEL(f): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
nuttyhnic:

I am not really sure the spirit that is inside of you.

I go through your post and you are always in every religious section but instead of a meek and a lowly individual willing to learn and encourage other believers you are always encouraging division without any reasonable solution to anything.

You have challenged Apostle Paul's message, mocked king David, even mocked believers that are struggling to learn the things of God. You claim to be the wisest and know all but you carefully wait to challenge other believers. I was once like you, bitter and hasty and always willing to talk down on any christian because i believed i was armed with my own knowledge of the scriptures but i didn't realise the holy spirit wasn't operating in me. I read the bible with literal understanding just like you do now.

The spirit inside of you is wicked and carnal and can never see God. You resist spiritual growth, you hate men of God, you can never have the holy spirit inside of you.

Your words are carefully written as if to tear down the body of christ. Brother their is something in you that knows Jesus but vehemently resists the holy spirit. I don't know what that thing is but i pray God delivers you.

To other believers out there, pray for spiritual growth.

If Apostle Paul could say this: Philippians 3:10

Carry your cross daily and pray for strength to strength, faith to faith. Amen
thank God I'm not the only one who has noticed it. I would call it the spirit of the pharisees and saducees, who don't want to go through the narrow door and is blocking the door to prevent others from entering matt 23:13
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by fetrillion(m): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

He that thinketh he stands,take heed less he falls ...
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
Pilot007:
Really? Dont you know the scripture that says he that thinks he stands should take heed lest he falls? Dont you know that you need to be renewed everyday despite the fact that you are led by the Spirit? Dont you know that you need to keep asking for the grace of God? Dont you know that the devil is waiting patiently for you to fall? Dont think because you are led by the spirit of God you are done with praying for spiritual growth. Remember it doesn't matter matters much? The bible says not by works lest any man should boast. We need to keep asking for grace to grow even as we are led by the spirit of God because the more you ask the more you recieve.

Do you know what the Grace of God is?

The devil is waiting patiently for me? Can you be more specific as to the verse you refer to?

Not by works lest a man should boast of what as pertains to what?

It is not ok to simply swallow what you hear your MOGs teach you from pulpits and maybe write in their books to you. You need to, as Jesus Christ commanded, become like a child...abandon all that gobbledygook so God Himself can teach you His truth as He wants to.

What 'Spiritual growth'? Have you ever truly asked those who fed you that tale what it really means? So you are sure if it even aligns with the word of God?

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Why then did Jesus pray all thorough the ministry since the holy spirit descended on him during his baptism.
Y did he say pray with out ceasing cos the enemy is not asleep?
Be more specific... When Jesus Christ taught you how to pray, what part of it did you get the command to pray for 'Spiritual growth'?

In all the times, you read of Jesus Christ praying, what particular prayer do you remember Him praying for 'Spiritual growth'?

He told you exactly how and what to pray for. Are you suggesting that when He prayed, He went off script instead to pray for "Spiritual growth"?

Come on people! Stop letting your MOGs deceive you into disobeying the commandments of Jesus Christ in the name of God. Jesus Christ taught you exactly what to pray for when you pray... What part of the Lord's prayer...whether you decide it a template or pray it exactly as given amounts to praying for " Spiritual growth"?

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by wildikeman(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
Spiritual growth when we have all been judged and sent to hell already...oh you guys didn't know that? You didn't know that Nigeria is hell !
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by wildikeman(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
Spiritual growth when we have all been judged and sent to hell already...oh you guys didn't know that? You didn't know that Nigeria is hell!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah / Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. / Is Masturbation A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.