Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? (548 Views)

COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Casemiro(m): 11:55am On Aug 02, 2020
Since the earnings of a freelancer isn't fixed and usually fluctuates, how should tithe be paid?

What formula do you think will work
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by clive2u(m): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
Keep record of your profits and pay from there
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by jmoore(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
Are you practising Christianity or Judaism?
Let's start from this question to know if you are eligible to pay tithe.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
Casemiro:
Since the earnings of a freelancer isn't fixed and usually fluctuates, how should tithe be paid?

As a freelancer you should know how to calculate 10% of a value. You should also know how to add up you income.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
Casemiro:

Since anyone who is not a descendant of Jacob can't in fact tithe as God stipulated I.e. the law only applies to Israelites, it becomes hard to advise you on how to tithe. undecided
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Casemiro(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
jmoore:
Are you practising Christianity or Judaism?

Let's start from this question to know if you are eligible to pay tithe.

Christian
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Casemiro(m): 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:

As a freelancer you should know how to calculate 10% of a value. You should also know how to add up you income.

how? can you elaborate please. I'm very serious
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
Casemiro:

how? can you elaborate please. I'm very serious
Add up what u earn to get net earnings and calculate 10% or a tenth of it.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Since anyone who is not a descendant of Jacob can't in fact tithe as God stipulated I.e. the law only applies to Israelites, it becomes hard to advise you on how to tithe. undecided
Stop yarning dust....

No scripture is of private interpretation.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Stop yarning dust....
No scripture is of private interpretation.
What private interpretation are you referring to? undecided

Seems you have never in fact read your Bible in order to investigate the very laws the true definition and facts as designed and stipulated by God Himself. undecided

Do you know the funny thing about all of this, I wasn't even what you would call a believer when I learnt of this truth that has been in your scripture for thousands of years. Why many of you who claim to be years in your faith do not even know what is in fact written in the book your God has made available to you buggles my mind. undecided

Anywho, you should read the books of Exodus, levitcus, and Numbers to learn how God designed the laws of tithing for the descendants of Jacob to adhere to, and then in Deuteronomy you will find the actual details on how to tithe. undecided

The key is you have to learn the truth for yourself.. Man will always lie to you...that is what man, no matter what title you give him will do. undecided

I bet you did not know that the Israelites(outsidw the Levites) were to eat their tithes during the first 2 years of tithing- of course they were to eat it with those who do not have I.e. the poor, the levies and even foreigners(non descendants of Jacob). And on the third year, they were to give their tithe to the Levites and the poor as well. ...Deuteronomy 14 undecided

Another fun fact about tithing was that it was done in food products, not money.

Another fun fact about tithing is that the foreigners(the non-descendants of Jacob living among the Israelites) were not computed in the tithing formulae..they we're not to tithe.

Another fun fact was tithing was, in fact, a tax and welfare system designed by God for the state of Israel, meant to help ensure no one was left out and that those who did not have an inheritance in the land that is banana, had a share of their own I.e. the Levites were taken care of even though they had no land to their name.

Another fun fact about tithing is God designed it as a yearly tax and not a monthly tax system as you people practice in your churches today.

What you do today in the name of tithing has absolutely nothing to do with what God indeed commands in the Old Covenant or anything Jesus Christ commanded in the New Covenant that He represents. undecided

I could go on but you have to read that book to learn the truth of God from the lie of what you practice. Read Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy to get a full picture of the Old covenant laws that include Tithing. undecided

It makes sense that if you are going to bet your very soul on the Old Covenant, you should at least make sure you follow what is in fact commanded and not some concocted lie as the one you claim today, or does it not? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What private interpretation are you referring to? undecided

Seems you have never in fact read your Bible in order to investigate the very laws the true definition and facts as designed and stipulated by God Himself. undecided

Do you know the funny thing about all of this, I wasn't even what you would call a believer when I learnt of this truth that has been in your scripture for thousands of years. Why many of you who claim to be years in your faith do not even know what is in fact written in the book your God has made available to you buggles my mind. undecided

Anywho, you should read the books of Exodus, levitcus, and Numbers to learn how God designed the laws of tithing for the descendants of Jacob to adhere to, and then in Deuteronomy you will find the actual details on how to tithe. undecided

The key is you have to learn the truth for yourself.. Man will always lie to you...that is what man, no matter what title you give him will do. undecided

I bet you did not know that the Israelites(outsidw the Levites) were to eat their tithes during the first 2 years of tithing- of course they were to eat it with those who do not have I.e. the poor, the levies and even foreigners(non descendants of Jacob). And on the third year, they were to give their tithe to the Levites and the poor as well. ...Deuteronomy 14 undecided

Another fun fact about tithing was that it was done in food products, not money.

Another fun fact about tithing is that the foreigners(the non-descendants of Jacob living among the Israelites) were not computed in the tithing formulae..they we're not to tithe.

Another fun fact was tithing was, in fact, a tax and welfare system designed by God for the state of Israel, meant to help ensure no one was left out and that those who did not have an inheritance in the land that is banana, had a share of their own I.e. the Levites were taken care of even though they had no land to their name.

Another fun fact about tithing is God designed it as a yearly tax and not a monthly tax system as you people practice in your churches today.

What you do today in the name of tithing has absolutely nothing to do with what God indeed commands in the Old Covenant or anything Jesus Christ commanded in the New Covenant that He represents. undecided

I could go on but you have to read that book to learn the truth of God from the lie of what you practice. Read Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy to get a full picture of the Old covenant laws that include Tithing. undecided

It makes sense that if you are going to bet your very soul on the Old Covenant, you should at least make sure you follow what is in fact commanded and not some concocted lie as the one you claim today, or does it not? undecided
@bold part, and you are a ghost abi?

Stop reading your bible like recharge card.

There are parts of the bible that were overridden. Tithe and Cleansing of sin are two. You see the bible recorded many sacrifices for sin before the last option which is Jesus. Same pattern applies to tithe. Another fact you are missing also is the fact that Christians are generally Israelites by accepting Christ. We are spiritual Israelites and those thingsyou are trying to in fact discard or call the portion. of ancient Jews are yours.

1 Like

Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:

@bold part, and you are a ghost abi?

Stop reading your bible like recharge card.

There are parts of the bible that were overridden. Tithe and Cleansing of sin are two. You see the bible recorded many sacrifices for sin before the last option which is Jesus. Same pattern applies to tithe. Another fact you are missing also is the fact that Christians are generally Israelites by accepting Christ. We are spiritual Israelites and those thingsyou are trying to in fact discard or call the portion. of ancient Jews are yours.

Oh no, the bold part is exactly why I said you should go read the book for yourself since it is after all your soul that is at stake here.

Parts of the Old Covenant that God Himself made with Israel, an everlasting Covenant override? By whom? Man? undecided

Where does Jesus Christ tell you that He came ti override the Old covenant? Jesus Christ never did that at all but I await you showing me were you get the claim that He did.

Jesus Christ never came to make Christians Israelites? undecided But please feel free to show me where you get the idea that Jesus Christ said we become Spiritual israelites by accepting Him. undecided
Where in the Bible do you get this claim from? undecided

I seriously hope that you have not in all of your years in Christianity blindly submitting to the doctrines of men thinking you have been worshipping the God all this time by doing so.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by jmoore(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2020
Casemiro:

Christian

Tithe is not for Christians.

Follow this thread and take your time to read it very well. https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Oh no, the bold part is exactly why I said you should go read the book for yourself since it is after all your soul that is at stake here.

Parts of the Old Covenant that God Himself made with Israel, an everlasting Covenant override? By whom? Man? undecided

Where does Jesus Christ tell you that He came ti override the Old covenant? Jesus Christ never did that at all but I await you showing me were you get the claim that He did.

Jesus Christ never came to make Christians Israelites? undecided But please feel free to show me where you get the idea that Jesus Christ said we become Spiritual israelites by accepting Him. undecided
Where in the Bible do you get this claim from? undecided

I seriously hope that you have not in all of your years in Christianity blindly submitting to the doctrines of men thinking you have been worshipping the God all this time by doing so.
Read Romans 1 and 2 and pay close attention to 2:29.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Read Romans 1 and 2 and pay close attention to 2:29.
Sorry, we are taking here of the word of God. let's please leave Paul's comments out of this for the time being.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Sorry, we are taking here of the word of God. let's please leave Paul's comments out of this for the time being.
Are u aware Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Exodus, and Number you used earlier on were authored through human vessels by the inspiration of T.H.S. just like apostle Paul's? You are implicitly arguing against your own self. lol...
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Are u aware Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Exodus, and Number you used earlier on were authored through human vessels by the inspiration of T.H.S. just like apostle Paul's? You are implicitly arguing against your own self. lol...
Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy contain actual quoting of God meaning the word of God Himself ("The Lord Said..", " I, the Lord...", " thus safety the Lord.."wink....Paul rarely quoted God Himself in His letters.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy contain actual quoting of God meaning the word of God Himself ("The Lord Said..", " I, the Lord...", " thus safety the Lord.."wink....Paul rarely quoted God Himself in His letters.
..... but a man you asked me to disregard earlier on also penned or inked it. lol..... another gaffe
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
..... but a man you asked me to disregard earlier on also penned or inked it. lol..... another gaffe
Oh boy! Disregard man but focus on what God says. How is this hard for one who claims to be Christian the understand? The entire book was written by the hands of man but The word of God is quoted in it. Find and focus on God's word when reading so you are in fact learn God's truth.

Now in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy..the word of God is heavily quoted in there. Read where God Himself is said to have designed and specified His own laws. It is that simple
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh boy! Disregard man but focus on what God says. How is this hard for one who claims to be Christian the understand? The entire book was written by the hands of man but The word of God is quoted in it. Find and focus on God's word when reading so you are in fact learn God's truth.

Now in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy..the word of God is heavily quoted in there. Read where God Himself is said to have designed and specified His own laws. It is that simple
You are obviously a very mischievous person. Those books where penned by men but you want to attribute the parts that read "God said...". That's what they said God said yet you accepted those one and want to reject others. That mischievous at best. All scriptures where given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
2 Peter 1:20-21 clearly let's us know the scriptures aren't of private interpretations and were given by the Holy Ghost.
All scriptures were given us for edification and correction among others so your arguments are clearly erroneous.
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On Aug 03, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You are obviously a very mischievous person. Those books where penned by men but you want to attribute the parts that read "God said...". That's what they said God said yet you accepted those one and want to reject others. That mischievous at best. All scriptures where given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
I am not a mischevious person. Unlike you, I do not believe the Bible to be the, what do your pastors claim, the Infallible word of God... or something like that. I instead believe that the book was written by the fallible hands of men like you and I but the only thing God ensures is maintained in there is His truth as quoted by His prophets and Himself, through Jesus Christ... yes, the word of God refers to the words that come out of the very mouth of God, as Jesus Christ Himself said.

Matthew 4 vs 4 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. But he answered, “It is written,“‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

That said, shall we move on now... I said since we are considering the Law of God, we can safely stick to the word of God as quoted by His prophets. Paul, Peter, John, James, Jude... were not prophets of God. They were apostles just like you and I. Also, David, Nehemiah, Ezra, Ruth... were also not prophets. But feel free to review the word of God as quoted by God Himself.
CodeTemplar:
2 Peter 1:20-21 clearly let's us know the scriptures aren't of private interpretations and were given by the Holy Ghost.
All scriptures were given us for edification and correction among others so your arguments are clearly erroneous.
I have not here asked you either for any private interpretation of anything written in the book. I have instead told you several times now that the WORD OF GOD is the word out of God's own mouth -- God is truth and His word is Truth. The words quoted of Pharaoh, of the Pharisees, of the Philistines, of Satan... etc. are not Truths. No, only the word of our God's mouth is truth.

Since you have refused to look closely at what is stipulated in the pentateuch by Moses on the issue of tithing, I have a short list depicting what in fact constitutes the tithing that God defined as part of the Old Covenant for you to read.
Beginning in Leviticus, God puts forth the first part of the Tithing law...

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of the Levites

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 The Lord said to Moses,
26 Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27 That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28 In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29 When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

This is what God in fact commands each Israelite who does not belong to the tribe of Levi to do with his/her tithe, particularly during the first two years

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Then the following...

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13 You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14 I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15 Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land\emdash a land filled with many good things."

Remember this is part of an everlasting Covenant between God and the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Like I said, you have to read that book to know the truth of God. NO one else will read it for your soul's sake
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by CodeTemplar: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am not a mischevious person. Unlike you, I do not believe the Bible to be the, what do your pastors claim, the Infallible word of God... or something like that. I instead believe that the book was written by the fallible hands of men like you and I but the only thing God ensures is maintained in there is His truth as quoted by His prophets and Himself, through Jesus Christ... yes, the word of God refers to the words that come out of the very mouth of God, as Jesus Christ Himself said.

That said, shall we move on now... I said since we are considering the Law of God, we can safely stick to the word of God as quoted by His prophets. Paul, Peter, John, James, Jude... were not prophets of God. They were apostles just like you and I. Also, David, Nehemiah, Ezra, Ruth... were also not prophets. But feel free to review the word of God as quoted by God Himself.
I have not here asked you either for any private interpretation of anything written in the book. I have instead told you several times now that the WORD OF GOD is the word out of God's own mouth -- God is truth and His word is Truth. The words quoted of Pharaoh, of the Pharisees, of the Philistines, of Satan... etc. are not Truths. No, only the word of our God's mouth is truth.

Since you have refused to look closely at what is stipulated in the pentateuch by Moses on the issue of tithing, I have a short list depicting what in fact constitutes the tithing that God defined as part of the Old Covenant for you to read.
Beginning in Leviticus, God puts forth the first part of the Tithing law...

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of the Levites

This is what God in fact commands each Israelite who does not belong to the tribe of Levi to do with his/her tithe, particularly during the first two years

Then the following...

Remember this is part of an everlasting Covenant between God and the children of Israel.

Like I said, you have to read that book to know the truth of God. NO one else will read it for your soul's sake
You are regurgitating your trash.
Even in the face of relevant scriptures you still remain adamant not because your can't comprehend the truth but because you do not want to accept it.

If your father beats your older sibling for stealing or any other offense I guess that beating will be a personal thing between them and wouldn't be an indication your father disapproves the offense for all? Keep separating and reallocating quotes there.....
Re: How Should A Freelancer Pay Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You are regurgitating your trash. Even in the face of relevant scriptures you still remain adamant not because your can't comprehend the truth but because you do not want to accept it.
Well, the TRASH I vomited there is trash that is written in your 'Holy' bible about Tithing!
CodeTemplar:
If your father beats your older sibling for stealing or any other offense I guess that beating will be a personal thing between them and wouldn't be an indication your father disapproves the offense for all? Keep separating and reallocating quotes there.....
This is NOT your typical father....This is God we are talking about.... not to be confused with your mortal EVIL fathers who can never come anywhere close to Him.

(1) (Reply)

How General Abacha Prayed For Bishop Oyedepo Before His Death / Pornography Isn't As Simple As You Think / I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.