Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,509 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage (35811 Views)

Richard Gyamfi Arrested As 3 Human Heads Are Found In His Fridge (Graphic) / EFCC Arraigns 5 Sokoto Govt Officials Over ₦500m Scam / Armed Robbers Attack Union Bank In Igede Ekiti, Hold Town Hostage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
Is like they are mining skull there
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by flexd99(m): 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
Despite the loss of life..they still had the effrontery to hold government officials hostage
I can't imagine what working in such a company would look like cry
That company needs to be permanently shut down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by SAMBARRY: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
CASTOSVILLA:
Mods ban all the people booking unnecessary space here angry angry
you are part of the problem of nigeria.what are they saying what are you saying
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by SAMBARRY: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
flexd99:
Despite the loss of life..they still had the effrontery to hold government officials hostage
I can't imagine what working in such a company would look like cry
That company needs to be permanently shut down
seconded
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ForestHill: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
Croccityboi123:
grin
What's funny?

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Originalsly: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
They need to be producing under a very safe environment..... isn't it the duty of his Ministry of Environment to ensure safety measures followed? Be shou and d say when last the premise was inspected.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Jabioro: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2020
The factory may not have observed 100% safety protocol but at same time the victim might be at fault.He might also be under stress or tired especially night mode..he is not a first time timer and a first timers can never be allowed to operate or get close to such machine..there is no need to close down the factory Let the family be settle though no amount can't bring him back to life..May his soul rest in in peace

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Mrsheff(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:
It is only the authorities that can question the authority....I learnt the WAW company belongs to madam Ajimobi! The more reason for the confident resistance and even holding a whole government officials hostage......my fellow nairalanders o wrong gaan nau.
Stop this hatred for Ajimobi family..
The company is a sister to Yale

2 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Iamgrey5(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Is like they are mining skull there
Have you not seen this detergent before?

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by kolade560: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Croccityboi123:
grin
person die u dey laff.....I fear u o
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by AreaFada2: 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
crossfm:
Just negodu.The people of Nigeria are not yet ready to be liberated.

Government came to investigate, but workers are frustrating their efforts.
The same workers who could be the next victims of unsafe working environment.

You can bet your last kobo that the hostage matter was a result of political sentiments against the government.

Modern slavery is aided and abetted by the slaves themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ademidedavid(f): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mrsheff:

Do I know him from Adam? Read well, I wrote I learnt and someone even corrected me that it actually belonged to late senator Ajimobi ......I hate no one, make your findings well

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Oblongata: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
The company knows it has failed in HSE

It was not nylon but a SACK

it could have been avoidable if the chap was given adequate PPE

The rate in which the company is trying to play it down this is alarming

Just because a former First Lady has the biggest shares there

And she knows GSM will use the opportunity and clamp them because of the present rift they have

They failed woefully

2 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Iamgrey5(m): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mrsheff:

I don't think so

Yale group includes

Yale foods

Sumal foods

Sweetco

The name of the company is Expanded global industries and it's an open secret in Ibadan that the company belongs to late Ajimobi.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ademidedavid(f): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
Iamgrey5:
It belongs to late Ajimobi himself not his wife.
Thanks for this update and someone complained that I should stop the hate for Ajimobi family that the company is not theirs like I even know the family from Adam

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by CsRockefeller(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
See eh! This life is by grace.

I used to work in my Dad's factory. I was assigned to a machine called the crusher.

That machine had blades inside that crushed every plastic to pieces.

Now, that's not the funny thing. In all of these I was exposed to a part of the machine that connects the electric motor to d machine.

Any slight mistake that involves your body touching that side then you are gone.

It's a miracle that I never had any industrial accident. Let's not even talk of the terrible electric wiring all over.

God kept me.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hardwork doesn't seem to pay in 9ja
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Tinax(f): 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
Really sad
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by toprealman: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
Why did they go without police backup? What happened to the factory inspectors??
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by backnbeta(f): 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
When you're above the law, who can question you? undecided

Tell me why chinko factories won't treat Nigerian workers like trash when our very own people are treating Nigerians like this
CsRockefeller:
See eh! This life is by grace.

I used to work in my Dad's factory. I was assigned to a machine called the crusher.

That machine had blades inside that crushed every plastic to pieces.

Now, that's not the funny thing. In all of these I was exposed to a part of the machine that connects the electric motor to d machine.

Any slight mistake that involves your body touching that side then you are gone.

It's a miracle that I never had any industrial accident. Let's not even talk of the terrible electric wiring all over.

God kept me.
I hope all your dad's factory hands enjoy that grace
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Olude193: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:
It is only the authorities that can question the authority....I learnt the WAW company belongs to madam Ajimobi! The more reason for the confident resistance and even holding a whole government officials hostage......my fellow nairalanders o wrong gaan nau.

She and her brothers

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by peter6441(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
Iamgrey5:
It belongs to late Ajimobi himself not his wife.

That's Constituted Authority
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ademidedavid(f): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
Olude193:

She and her brothers
Thanks for this update....
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Iamgrey5(m): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
peter6441:

That's Constituted Authority
Yes.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by crossfm: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
AreaFada2:

The same workers who could be the next victims of unsafe working environment.

You can bet your last kobo that the hostage matter was a result of political sentiments against the government.

Modern slavery is aided and abetted by the slaves themselves.
You just said it all.We keep on protecting and dying for our oppressors in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Reference(m): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
dyera:
Someone died in a factory does not mean the factory must be shut down, it is called occupation, hazard.

Oga, the factory will be shut down first by.the police until it determined to be an accident. The only exception are plants large enough to have a permanent detachent of law enforcement or goverment supervisory agents on site who will initiate investigations anyway.

After being cleared of foul play then an accident investigation team will come in to find the root cause of such an incident from whatever agency supervises the production. Only then can give a permit to restart production if the plant/management has no shortcomings whatsoever.

That is what obtaines in civilised societies, not the one you try to describe which only belongs to the category of failed states where anything goes.

That is why marquee industrial plants take safety extremely seriously, having whole departments dedicated to keeping staff safe and guarding jealously the number of man hours operated without incident.

They know downtime is serious loss in production, resources and revenue. We should be looking toward those standards of value towards life over money.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Enwhen(m): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
dyera:
Someone died in a factory does not mean the factory must be shut down, it is called occupation hazard.

So shall you or any of your family member die in occupation hazard....Amin.

Wicked soul like u...how on earth will u use a casual worker as plant Operator ?, What about if schools resume tomorrow ?, U will employ another casual worker ?, With little or no training on mechanical, health , safety training... And that is the norms in many manufacturing companies in Nigeria , FMGC, SON, none of them is working, only looking for money, Nigerians work on 11hrs(6-6, 1hr break) daily for penny , with no overtime and other allowances and u are here yarning dust... When it happens to u same thing others will say about u...may that not be your portion in Jesus name.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by TourismMan(m): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
whytediamond:
What a reportage undecided

What is outstanding about it?
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by paulolee(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

What's good about it

A young boy fell into a soap making machine, was crushed and died, Government officials went to investigate and was held hostage

Is the factory already admitting guilt or what

I ask again, what's good about it

RIP to the dead!!!

Aside the investigation, the government officials should ensure that the company commiserate with the family but compensate them heavily

To train up a child to 300 level no be moi-moi!!!
na space i jus book o...no vex hanty...av modified it oo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Chance Robber Caught, Beaten And Stripped Unclad In Abuja (video, Pics) / Politician Fights TV Presenter Live On TV For Questioning Him Too Much(Pic / Woman Raped And Killed In Jigawa State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.