Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage (35809 Views)

Richard Gyamfi Arrested As 3 Human Heads Are Found In His Fridge (Graphic) / EFCC Arraigns 5 Sokoto Govt Officials Over ₦500m Scam / Armed Robbers Attack Union Bank In Igede Ekiti, Hold Town Hostage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by kaludestiny10(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
dyera:
Someone died in a factory does not mean the factory must be shut down, it is called occupation hazard.

And what have the factory done to the dead boy's family since the occupational hazard occurred as you called it.

I believe that when that incident happened, productions in the company still went smoothly because they don't have regard for Nigerians.

Just picture your self in that factory, seeing a fellow human beings body, being grilled like a meat by the machine. How will you feel seeing such a thing.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Dayoebe(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
I can't blame the company for this avoidable hazard neither can I blame the decease.

As a former worker in that factory, I know Strict safety guideline were enforced. Its Unfortunately things like this have to happen.

I Can't advocate closure of that factory because thousands of youth make their ends meet their.
If Government decides to close the factory, jobs should be provided to those who will be affected!
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Reference(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
CsRockefeller:
See eh! This life is by grace.

I used to work in my Dad's factory. I was assigned to a machine called the crusher.

That machine had blades inside that crushed every plastic to pieces.

Now, that's not the funny thing. In all of these I was exposed to a part of the machine that connects the electric motor to d machine.

Any slight mistake that involves your body touching that side then you are gone.

It's a miracle that I never had any industrial accident. Let's not even talk of the terrible electric wiring all over.

God kept me.

Every proper piece of equipment or machinery has safety features built into it for those careful enough to study them. No factory machine is designed to kill or maim people.

It is the lack of proper preparation that leads to avoidable accidents either on the part of those who fabricate them: Chinese products coming to Africa are guilty of these

Or those who instal and commission them to cut financial corners, or those who operate them without proper orientation. The greater the danger, the longer the orientation process will be and the more professional the operator deployed to task.

As a matter of fact certain industrial plants will not even engage rookie operators on some of their gear thoughtless of handing them over to freelancers like you.

There are some stuff I have that I will simply not engage anyone younger than 45 and single no matter how many years he claims to be experienced.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
paulolee:

na space i jus book o...no vex hanty...av modified it oo...
You for just type g

It's human life we are talking about

No hard feelings bro.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by CsRockefeller(m): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
Reference:

Every proper piece of equipment or machinery has safety features built into it for those careful enough to study them. No factory machine is designed to kill or maim people.

It is the lack of proper preparation that leads to avoidable accidents either on the part of those who fabricate them: Chinese products coming to Africa are guilty of these

Or those who instal and commission them to cut financial corners, or those who operate them without proper orientation. The greater the danger, the longer the orientation process will be and the more professional the operator deployed to task.

As a matter of fact certain industrial plants will not even engage rookie operators on some of their gear thoughtless of handing them over to freelancers like you.

There are some stuff I have that I will simply not engage anyone younger than 45 and single no matter how many years he claims to be experienced.

You've said it all Sir.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Reference(m): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2020
Dayoebe:
I can't blame the company for this avoidable hazard neither can I blame the decease.

As a former worker in that factory, I know Strict safety guideline were enforced. Its Unfortunately things like this have to happen.

I Can't advocate closure of that factory because thousands of youth make their ends meet their.
If Government decides to close the factory, jobs should be provided to those who will be affected!

There is a difference between 'close' and 'shut'. You are not seeking to put them out of business but you must find out what happened, determine liability and fix issues. These can be done quickly.

But you simply cannot carry on, sweeping the corpse under the rug as if nothing happened. Do so and it is likely to recur.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Damseldammie(f): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
Richard! It's a pity you gone so soon, may God grant your soul eternal rest & console your entire family & I speak a speedy healing over your mom. . .

Adieu
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by CsRockefeller(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2020
backnbeta:
When you're above the law, who can question you? undecided

Tell me why chinko factories won't treat Nigerian workers like trash when our very own people are treating Nigerians like this

I hope all your dad's factory hands enjoy that grace

You are right. We don't take safety measures at all. We just focus on buying machines and installing them, no orientation, no safety precautions, that's d Naija style.

We aren't in the biz anymore but my Dad and some workers experienced different work hazard. I guess I was just lucky.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by paulolee(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

You for just type g

It's human life we are talking about

No hard feelings bro.
bin de type letters nt until mods start to de delete my post..go change shaa...no probs we cool..

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by dejavuh0007(m): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
He inadvertently died as a result of Covid-19 pandemic. NCDC should add him to the stats.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by tobijas001(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:
my fellow nairalanders o wrong gaan nau.
damn niggar o really wrong gan

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ademidedavid(f): 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
tobijas001:

damn niggar o really wrong gan
Like seriously.......the best word is " o really wrong gan"

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Oracleforce: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
sammyj:
shocked shocked Holding government officials hostage is treasonable. Why not allow them conduct the investigation first and if need be they can seek the intervention of the court. I hope the family of the deceased will be well compensated. shocked shocked
All these expatriate companies don't value our government agency because they believe that with the settlement they can go away any crime...

Folks, look at how this case will be frustrated by Nigeria lawyer or a corrupt judge.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Eriokanmi: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:
It is only the authorities that can question the authority....I learnt the WAW company belongs to madam Ajimobi! The more reason for the confident resistance and even holding a whole government officials hostage......my fellow nairalanders o wrong gaan nau.
A proof that the family was arrogant and power drunk while in office. From threats to dethrone an oba in ibadan and demolition of ayefele studio. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by congressman(m): 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
Good evening everyone, having read through comments and contributions from NL members about the unfortunate and most regrettable incident - "Richard Gbadebo'a demise" at the WAW soap factory.

For the education of some of us, Expand Global Industries Industries Limited (EGIL) was never owned by the Ajimobis.

The firm used to be owned by about three foreign investors from the middle east who sold 67% percent stake of EGIL to Henkel (a German firm with HQ at Dusseldorf) in 2016, hence , the right to oversee the firm by the highest stakeholder- Henkel.

The current management actually took over the management of the firm in September 2016.Henkel is about 144 years old.

I needed to address this misinformation being peddled as it's actually changing the narrative of this topic -the reported industrial accident which was not unavoidable.

I hardly take people up on issues here but we deserve to be accurately informed. Anyone in doubt of this piece, kindly feel free to route through Henkel entrant to. Nigeria for confirmation.
Kindest regards.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Xisnin(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
Propaganda from clueless government.

This sort of problems are solved via court cases and legislation as necessary and
not some physical intimidation and media campaign against the company involved.

The reality is that accident cannot be prevented in such a factory.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ramatintin(m): 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
Stylekay:
lipsrsealed
its only when tragedy strikes you see govt swinging to action.abeg compensate the family n let the poor boy RIP.so sad
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Xisnin(m): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
Reference:

There is a difference between 'close' and 'shut'. You are not seeking to put them out of business but you must find out what happened, determine liability and fix issues. These can be done quickly.
There is no difference between close and shut.
The company may go under or fail to meet up with its loan obligations.
BTW, government don't determine liability in industrial accidents.

I used to wonder why many Nigerians shy away from such business but I later
realize that the foolish government we have are a big part of the problem.
They have no consistence policy and when they do, it is subject to the whims
of the current man in charge.

The only thing that matters to them is playing to the gallery so they can appear
caring.

They would have shut iPhone assembly companies down if they were in charge
in China given the number of deaths that have occured there.

Accidents including deaths occurs in US contruction industry every year
but no one want to destroy the company involved.

The insurance or the company works out compensation via arbitration or the court.
The government is not even in the picture in most cases.

But you simply cannot carry on, sweeping the corpse under the rug as if nothing happened. Do so and it is likely to recur.
That is exactly what working countries do, they carry on unless in case of an epidemic.
You don't assume foulplay because an accident occur and go to seal the company.

If the rumor of the company belonging to an opposition politician is true, this is a good opportunity to kill the business
as the public will be fully behind the government vendetta against it.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by awoo47: 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
mctfopt:
Nigeria!

I hope by the end of the day the factories will put in place more safety measures for their workers.

I hope the family of the deceased gets some compensation for this needless death. Not that it will bring back the deceased, but it sure can be useful.

I hope the police are not just there to further enrich themselves in the guise of investigation.

I can only hope.
u can't blame them...
they might lose thier Job

the company i did IT no allow anybody touch anything, last time an IT student injured dem sack everybody including the plant manager that earns #1.8m per month

Dats y companies don't lyk accepting internship. Atleast if ure a staff u shld hv safety training, so incase anything happen the company won't be responsible
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by leaculpa: 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:
It is only the authorities that can question the authority....I learnt the WAW company belongs to madam Ajimobi! The more reason for the confident resistance and even holding a whole government officials hostage......my fellow nairalanders o wrong gaan nau.
say what you know. She does not own the company.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ademidedavid(f): 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
leaculpa:

say what you know. She does not own the company.
And know what you say.....because she owns the place.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by BigBashiru: 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
SAMBARRY:
Rip

So that's how an avoidable job hazard just wasted this young boy's life.

The young boy who has potentials and died in his prime will just be ignored like tolu.

But if it's some irrelevant bull shii now Nigerians will turn it to rave of the moment sad

RIP young boy.i guess your ONLY crime was being a Nigerian

Honestly being a Nigerian Is a challenge on its own

Going to work on this deadly roads and coming back everyday is a miracle that requires you thank God because as you are avoiding touts you're avoiding pickpockets, senseless Okada drivers that can even leave their lane and run into you,drunk drivers,road rage, kidnappers,high way robbers, police brutality/extortions and other dangers on the road

Sleeping and waking up in an environment with no security but God is a miracle

Not being attacked by this maurading Islamic boys that call themselves herds men is a miracle.

When I see those guys that wrap those huge things round their head down to their neck with jumper trousers and long moustache I cringe with fear.they just have a problem with living in peace and harmony with others lipsrsealed

It's Nigerians themselves that have made the road deadly.... they refuse to drive according to road conditions with a very self centred mindset....
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by SAMBARRY: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
BigBashiru:

It's Nigerians themselves that have made the road deadly.... they refuse to drive according to road conditions with a very self centred mindset....
agreed but the road itself is horrible
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by leaculpa: 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:

And know what you say.....because she owns the place.
stop being a robotic political parrot.

Henkel AG is a huge German company operating in so many countries. Theyre just like Procter & gamble & have existed since the 1800s. They came into Nigeria with their products, and own majority shares in this company. The junior partners are not Nigerians either. Their MD/CEO is an Indian man. This company has similar factories in india, South Korea, japan.etc.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by writeprof(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
ademidedavid:

WAW belongs to a global conglomerate called HENKEL.
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Xisnin(m): 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
flexd99:
Despite the loss of life..they still had the effrontery to hold government officials hostage
I can't imagine what working in such a company would look like cry
That company needs to be permanently shut down

Oblongata:
The company knows it has failed in HSE

It was not nylon but a SACK

it could have been avoidable if the chap was given adequate PPE

The rate in which the company is trying to play it down this is alarming

Just because a former First Lady has the biggest shares there

And she knows GSM will use the opportunity and clamp them because of the present rift they have

They failed woefully

Have you guys called for the police and the army to be scrapped
despite losing men due to poor weaponry?

How about NEPA men who get electrocuted?
Shouldn't we be scrapping Discos too?

Of course not, you only want to destroy when you won't be personally affected.

SMH
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by ba2remagaji: 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
With the way they reach they need to be punished and possibly the factory close and seize by government
Islie:

SOURCE
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by Oblongata: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
Xisnin:

Have you guys called for the police and the army to be scrapped
despite losing men due to poor weaponry?

How about NEPA men who get electrocuted?
Shouldn't we be scrapping Discos too?

Of course not, you only want to destroy when you won't be personally affected.

SMH

I don’t understand how you came about ‘scrap’

We are talking about proper forensic investigation and ensuring such does not happen again.

I am really tired of the Nigerian mentality, phew
Re: Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage by KOE1(m): 12:26am On Aug 03, 2020
What a loss to the poor family? Trying to struggle to feed his family in the midst of COVID when some looters are wasting money. Shai...one death like a million...one day God will change Nigeria...our Youth are really suffering...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Survives An Alfa's Attempt To Butcher Her / One Chance Robber Caught, Beaten And Stripped Unclad In Abuja (video, Pics) / Politician Fights TV Presenter Live On TV For Questioning Him Too Much(Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.