Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best (11192 Views)

Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

I know say you no get talk again, because you no expect say person go that attack you like this, it was so unexpected., e shock you.

E don tey when you dey post nonsense upandan nairaland, people dey free you because you shouldn't interrupt a fool when he's making a mistake, but like I said, I have time this Evening

See who feel say e get mouth
Gravatar and dadabashua1

I believe we're adults with wives and kids

What the hell brought the punches undecided
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywalker240:

Gravatar and dadabashua1

his fighting himself.... I be person way he fit fight? No na grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:
his fighting himself.... I be person way he fit fight... No na grin
Probably you edited your posts

But honestly, let's be prudent in our approach, this is not romance segment

One love
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywalker240:

Probably you edited your posts

But honestly, let's be prudent in our approach, this is not romance segment

One love
no I didn't..trust me,he can't fight me,I can't fight him,haba person has outgrown that, but I will always post my opinion mostly related to Honda and lies told about Honda cars,no human on earth can stop that... So long I'm alive bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywalker240:

Gravatar and dadabashua1

I quoted your post where you suggested a comparison between two vehicles, to point out an obvious flaw.

As for that clown that claims to have owned every Marque under the sun, every now and then it's important to put empty headed noisemakers like that in their place.

His wings have been clipped, his madness go reduce small for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

I quoted your post where you suggested a comparison between two vehicles, to point out an obvious flaw.

As for that clown that claims to have owned every Marque under the sun, every now and then it's important to put empty headed noisemakers like that in their place.

His wings have been clipped, his madness go reduce small for now.
don't start what you can't finish kid,its just an advice any way.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by chronos00: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:
don't start what you can't finish kid,its just an advice any way.

Lol the guy is thrashing you, you're busy shouting
"Hold me o! Hold me o!"

This thread just went from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds.
I've been laughing for the past 10 minutes grin grin cheesy
Nairaland, every day there's a different drama
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2022
chronos00:

Lol the guy is thrashing you, you're busy shouting

"Hold me o! Hold me o!"

This thread just went from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds.

OK grin keep coming with different moniker,but I've told you, I can't fight you and you can't fight me,you don't even know me,how can you fight what you don't know na ? grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by chronos00: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywalker240:

Gravatar and dadabashua1

Are you the referee? Please come and ref this match cheesy Popcorn on the way!

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

As for you, these your online copy and paste tactics, don't you ever get tired of th.em? Eh Weyreypey?
Dancok why should you be tired of facts and figures verified. My personal issues will take not less than 5000 words if I decide to type....

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by SocialJustice: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
adanny01:

Your assumptions are shallow.

678/60=11.3km/l=26.58mpg

First off, a 2004 Honda Civic has better fuel economy so will do this trip with less fuel. Will it be king if it does?

26.5mpg on a highway on a Corolla is poor, I was expecting like 30mpg considering it is rated 34-36mpg highway. With our bad fuel, bad roads and loading, 30mpg is more appropriate.

The worst I get on my 2003 Honda accord is 24mpg.

24mpg=10.2km/l
678/10.2=66.5l

That means at worst case I will use 6.5l more which translates to N929.50k.

The average cost of buying a 2004 Corolla is 300k more. If say we both go to PH and back once a month that will be 2k times 12=24k/year
300k/24=12½yrs

What I lost in fuel economy is gained in cost price. I also gained in performance. On reliability, that is another subject for another thread.

It still boils down to preference.
Thanks for this explanation, I have used Honda element and planning to get a 2008 civic. What do you think? My primary reason for choosing civic is because generally, Hondas are better built than toyotas and I love the fuel gauge in the civic.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dicksonadams(m): 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
I have Honda civic and corolla base matrix, these are my experiences

Toyota is more durable though Honda is close too...

Honda have more sensors and electrical failures than corolla, but if you have a scanner and you understand how to use it, then you are good to go with less wasteful trial and error from mechanic

Transmission of corolla is more rugged and less sensitive, if you use any how gear oil on civic it can parkup.

Civic power steering system develop leak and fault more than corolla

Corolla have better ride height,

Civic is cheaper to maintain

Civic is faster not sluggish at all

Civic is more balance in drive

Both engine are rugged, but please don't let your civic overheat too much once. Sensitive to overheat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
dicksonadams:
I have Honda civic and corolla base matrix, these are my experiences

Toyota is more durable though Honda is close too...

Honda have more sensors and electrical failures than corolla, but if you have a scanner and you understand how to use it, then you are good to go with less wasteful trial and error from mechanic

Transmission of corolla is more rugged and less sensitive, if you use any how gear oil on civic it can parkup.

Civic power steering system develop leak and fault more than corolla

Corolla have better ride height,

Civic is cheaper to maintain

Civic is faster not sluggish at all

Civic is more balance in drive

Both engine are rugged, but please don't let your civic overheat too much once.. Sensitive to overheat

Contradictory phrase. Corolla is cheaper than civic in maintenance
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
Praxtech:

Contradictory phrase. Corolla is cheaper than civic in maintenance

I believe civil should be cheaper because Toyota corrola 2003-2007 engine is about 320k. Gear box 180k etc.

Honda civil engine is about 150k, gear box 120k

Other parts could follow suit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dozieson:

I believe civil should be cheaper because Toyota corrola 2003-2007 engine is about 320k. Gear box 180k etc.

yea even in my own case corolla is more expensive, can't remember a part of civic more expensive than corolla,true corolla is more expensive to maintain hands down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dozieson:

I believe civil should be cheaper because Toyota corrola 2003-2007 en.gine is about 320k. Gear box 180k etc.

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
My personal experience

Gear- corolla
Engine-civic
Performance-civic
Easier to fix-corolla
Better security-civic
Better resale value-corolla
Less cost of maintainace-civic
Fuel economy-civic
Like I've always said in all my post,they are both awesome cars,it depends on one's preference in a car.

Edmund's review and from experience I agree with their review.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Adejuwonhis(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2022
Toyota Corolla is a very good ride if u are not going to travel with it...if it is within a city..
Traveling with a Toyota Corolla is risking ur life
Very very useless the breaking system is nothing to write home about..
The car no balance if U use am enter better speed na hin u go know say na keke napep u Dey use

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by slimmoney(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dozieson:

Honda civil engine is about 150k, gear box 120k80k

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
Toyota Corolla is a very good ride if u are not going to travel with it...if it is within a city..
The car no balance if U use am enter better speed na hin u go know say na ke.ke napep u Dey use
Honda civic is worse almost all the important components are located in treacherous places that can be affected in potholes.... Hence traveling with a Civic is a dangerous game.... Corolla brakes are also nothing to write home about....
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
The car no balance if U use am enter better speed na hin u go know say na keke napep u Dey use
grin grin

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Fredoh(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2023
adanny01:

Your assumptions are shallow.

678/60=11.3km/l=26.58mpg

First off, a 2004 Honda Civic has better fuel economy so will do this trip with less fuel. Will it be king if it does?

26.5mpg on a highway on a Corolla is poor, I was expecting like 30mpg considering it is rated 34-36mpg highway. With our bad fuel, bad roads and loading, 30mpg is more appropriate.

The worst I get on my 2003 Honda accord is 24mpg.

24mpg=10.2km/l
678/10.2=66.5l

That means at worst case I will use 6.5l more which translates to N929.50k.

The average cost of buying a 2004 Corolla is 300k more. If say we both go to PH and back once a month that will be 2k times 12=24k/year
300k/24=12½yrs

What I lost in fuel economy is gained in cost price. I also gained in performance. On reliability, that is another subject for another thread.

It still boils down to preference.

I like this guy

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dicksonadams(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2023
nice
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by udemzyudex(m): 8:05am On Apr 17
chillex8:

I will quote you next when I hit 200,000km...

R18 ivtec is one of the best motors produced by Honda.

Hello, any update on this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dip Your Car / 8 Things You Probably Don't Know About Tesla. (PHOTOS) / 10 Significant Car Care Tips For The Rainy Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.