Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best (11177 Views)

Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Praxtech:

It is not a strong car. You'll sweat like a donkey at the mechanic's place endlessly.... To locate a part you dismantle so many parts to get to the location..... With more possibilities of error given the kind of technicians we have.

In addition Cracked engine block is common among 2006 Honda Civics, the crack tends to develop right above the coolant channels, and commonly occurs once the vehicle reaches around 150,000 kms on its odometer. A cracked engine is virtually impossible to repair, and any such occurrence will likely require a replacement engine.

Hmmm have learnt something today.
So which Honda is a better option?
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dozieson:

So which Honda is a better o.ption?
I don't like Honda...they look awesome interior wise full of efizzy .... That is where it all ends
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 4:33am On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:

I don't like Honda...they look awesome interior wise full of efizzy .... That is where it all ends

Lol
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2022
Dozieson:

So which Honda is a better option?
taking view about Honda from someone that states clearly he don't like Honda, better wise up o,and for the records his the first human on earth that bodly states civic is not a strong car,that is the biggest joke of a statement I've read this year,you want to know about civic?talk to Dru,his views will be from first hand experience not from hates and dislike,full of sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:
taking view about Honda from someone that states clearly he don't like Honda, better wise up o,and for the records his the first human on earth that bodly states civic is not a strong car,that is the biggest joke of a statement I've read this year,you want to know about civic?talk to Dru,his views will be from first hand experience not from hates and dislike,full of sentiments.

Ok Bro
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:

Civic should be avoided. E get reason
No reason, if there was, why don't you state it/them Sir

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywalker240:

No reason, if there was, why don't .you state it/them Sir
A corolla and a civic of same year has no comparison basis .... The Corolla is light years ahead in terms of durability and reliability

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:

A corolla and a civic of same year has no comparison basis .... The Corolla is light years ahead in terms of durability and reliability
Sir This durability talk is stale already

Just compare a 2017 Honda Civic Vs a 2017 Toyota Corolla and come back here to define durability and reliability
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywalker240:

Just compare a 2017 Honda Civic Vs a 2017 Toyota Corolla and come back here to define durability and reliability
bros with all due respect you get time o,if I states clearly I hate a particular car for reasons best known to me,I will never waste my time expecting any intelligent person to take me serious when I say anything about that particular brand,save yourself the stress pls,na people wey never use corolla and civic dem fit deceive, any body that has used the two won't even waste his time reading some comments,na today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by chillex8(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:

It is not a strong car. You'll sweat like a donkey at the mechanic's place endlessly.... To locate a part you dismantle so many parts to get to the location..... With more possibilities of error given the kind of technicians we have.

In addition Cracked engine block is common among 2006 Honda Civics, the crack tends to develop right above the coolant channels, and commonly occurs once the vehicle reaches around 150,000 kms on its odometer. A cracked engine is virtually impossible to repair, and any such occurrence will likely require a replacement engine.
This is above 150,000km. Haven't noticed any crack yet undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:
bros with all due respect you get time o,if I states clearly I hate a particular car for reasons best known to me,I will never waste my time expecting any intelligent person to take me serious when I say anything about that particular brand,save yourself the stress pls,na people wey never use corolla and civic dem fit deceive, any body that has used the two won't even waste his time reading some comments,na today.
Sir i was thinking, is Oga just been deliberate or sentimental with evaluation?

I guess I'll have to take your advice then
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:

Funny guy, your bias is as clear as day, you are pro Honda, while the other guy is pro Toyota (or at least he is pretending to be so on this thread, his alternate monikers are pro Benz)

Why should anyone take your own pro Honda posts seriously?

So many experts, so little useful information

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
skywaIker240:

Meanwhile even without looking at any reviews online about either vehicle, I can already see a glaring flaw in this comparison.

For 2017, The 2017 Civic was in the first year of that Civic generation, while the 2017 Corolla was in the fourth model year of that Corolla generation.

Not that I expect that information to make sense to pro or anti Toyota or Honda forces.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
I didn't want to do this......

This is my first and last Honda I will ever buy, I have had nothing but problems with the car from day one. Headlights fell out, interior is falling apart, windows have broke, power window motors went out, transmission is going out, had the cheapest tires money could buy on the car when purchased. Heater vent went bad, radio controls are barely working, the car is horrible, bought it for its good mileage and reliability. Haven't encountered either one.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

Funny guy, your bias is as clear as day, you are pro Honda, while the other guy is pro Toyota (or at least he is pretending to be so on this thread, his alternate monikers are pro Benz)

Why should anyone take your own pro Honda posts seriously?

So many experts, so little useful information
and my pro Honda says corolla is not a reliable car and not a good car to buy abi?bush man I own both brands,and only a liar will say Honda is a bad brand,and for the records I never told you I'm an expert,keep that to yourself, I only make contributions on car I've used or owned before,oya clap for yourself. grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
I purchased my first Honda after doing much research on the fuel economy of cars. I bought it new with six miles on it and have had problems with it drifting to the right. I have had it in four times already. First time they did a front end alignment which had failed. It still pulled to the right. Returned that day and they switched tires from rear to front and said it was a radial pull and they put all new tires on it. It continues to drift and now they are telling me it is the road and all Hondas drift to the right. It never pulls left. They also scratched my paint up on the visit with their complimentary wash. Very unhappy!!!
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:
and my pro Honda says corolla is not a reliable car and not a good car to buy abi?bush man I own both brands,and only a liar will say Honda is a bad brand,and for the records I never told you I'm an expert,keep that to yourself, I only make contributions on car I've used or owned before,oya clap for yourself.

I actually have time this evening, so we can go.

The only Bush idiot here is you, chief. You lack sense, as is evident in almost 100% of the nonsense you post in this section.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:
I purchased my first Honda after doing much research on the fuel economy of cars. I bought it new with six miles on it and have had problems with it drifting to the right. I have had it in four times already. First time they did a front end alignment which had failed. It still pulled to the right. Returned that day and they switched tires from rear to front and said it was a radial pull and they put all new tires on it. It continues to drift and now they are telling me it is the road and all Hondas drift to the right. It never pulls left. They also scratched my paint up on the visit with their complimentary wash. Very unhappy!!!
now I get your point, sorry bro grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:
and my pro Honda says corolla is not a reliable car and not a good car to buy abi?bush man I own both brands,and only a liar will say Honda is a bad brand,and for the records I never told you I'm an expert,keep that to yourself, I only make contributions on car I've used or owned before,oya clap for yourself. grin

As a matter of fact, you, your ancestors and your progeny lack sense, and will continue to lack sense.

I can accurately profile you. You do not own a vehicle, and you have never owned any vehicle. The only vehicle you have driven in your life belonged to someone else.

4 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

I actually have time this evening, so we can go.

The only Bush idiot here is you, chief. You lack sense, as is evident in almost 100% of the nonsense you post in this section.
OK noted bush man grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
chillex8:

This is above 150,000km. Haven't. noticed any crack yet undecided
Honda is offering a new engine block or completely new engine, free, to owners of 2006 through 2008 and some early 2009 Civics that have developed a coolant leak coming from the engine block. ... Why this matters: The leak can allow coolant to drain away, leading to overheating or a total engine failure.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

As a matter of fact, you, your ancestors and your progeny lack sense, and will continue to lack sense.

I can accurately profile you. You do not own a vehicle, and you have never owned any vehicle. The only vehicle you have driven in your life belonged to someone else.
how you take know,chaiiiii you are right, hoping God will pick my call to buy car sha.. grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:

Fool of epic proportions.

No be today people begin claim things online. You are not the first, mumu, and you will definitely not be the last

Honda and Toyota owner indeed, lol

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

Fool of epic proportions.

No be today people begin claim things online. You are not the first, mumu, and you will definitely not be the last

Honda and Toyota owner indeed, lol
grin grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:

Nonentity. It is usually not difficult to tell who has owned the things they claim to own, online. Just based on their posts. And like I said before, you own Jack shit.

Perpetual noisemaker

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:

Nonentity. It is usually not difficult to tell who has owned the things they claim to own, online. Just based on their posts. And like I said before, you own Jack shit.

Perpetual noisemaker
no vex,I will double my hussle to be able to buy a corolla car Sir grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:

If you want to help your life and your future generations, all the energy you expend on posting this useless and unsolicited information, you should spend it on meaningful things

You sef dey claim Honda expert.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:

I know say you no get talk again, because you no expect say person go that attack you like this, it was so unexpected., e shock you.

E don tey when you dey post nonsense upandan nairaland, people dey free you because you shouldn't interrupt a fool when he's making a mistake, but like I said, I have time this Evening

See who feel say e get mouth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
dadabashua1:

Stupidity is not far from you. But sense is very very far from you.

The next time you want to post nonsense, just pray say na day when I no get time or I no see am.

Otherwise I promise you say the shock wey you go receive that day, today own go be like childs play

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by dadabashua1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gravatar:
Stupidity is not far from you. But sense is very very far from you.

The next time you want to post nonsense, just pray say na day when I no get time or I no see am.

Otherwise I promise you say the shock wey you go receive that day, today own go be like childs play
OK noted grin Kiichiro Toyoda

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Gravatar: 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:
I didn't want to do this......

This is my first and last Honda I will ever buy, I have had nothing but problems with the car from day one. Headlights fell out, interior is falling apart, windows have broke, power window motors went out, transmission is going out, had the cheapest tires money could buy on the car when purchased. Heater vent went bad, radio controls are barely working, the car is horrible, bought it for its good mileage and reliability. Haven't encountered either one.

As for you, these your online copy and paste tactics, don't you ever get tired of them? Eh Weyreypey?

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by chillex8(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2022
Praxtech:

Honda is offering a new engine block or completely new engine, free, to owners of 2006 through 2008 and some early 2009 Civics that have developed a coolant leak coming from the engine block. ... Why this matters: The leak can allow coolant to drain away, leading to overheating or a total engine failure.
I will quote you next when I hit 200,000km...

R18 ivtec is one of the best motors produced by Honda.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand / What's The Best Oil For My 2010 Lexus Rx 350?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.