Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why Is Jesus God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Jesus God (278 Views)

Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Jesus God by JesusPeople: 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
it is very simple,

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The Angel proclaimed that the power of the highest shall overshadow. It also added the Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, therefore that Holy thing that shall be born given a name, which is Son of God

So we have the power of the Almighty, we also have the Holy Spirit(Holy Ghost) which is the Spirit of God.

I would like us to know that God can proceed out of Himself and when He looks back He still sees Himself.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

So Philip asked Jesus, show us the Father and we shall be satisfied, Jesus turned and said, have you been this long with me yet you can not recognize that I am the Father

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Then Jesus went further to say, the Father dwelleth in me, He is the one doing what you see.

We all know God is a Spirit. And that same Spirit proceeded out of God.

Lemme shed more light, God can be in Lagos speaking to a prophet, yet another prophet is in Laguna(let's say Selman) and Selman is expressing a great manifestation of the Spirit in his church, some metres away, a sister is hearing from God. Does that mean there are many God's. No, God can proceed out of Himself and look back and see Himself, and it is not like one is half the other one, such that when they come together, they become one. Everyone of them still remains God because they proceeded from God.

There are many proves both old testament

For instance, Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

It says, a child shall be born, His name shall be wonderful, counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God was manifested

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now talking about begotten, begotten mean to give birth or to cause to come to existence. As far as the humanity of Jesus is concerned, he is the Son of God, but when we go into the divinity (Spirit) that is God, because at birth, the power of the Almighty was what caused the child to come forth.

Jesus was man(body) and Spirit.

But the body is subject to limitations, fatigue, tiredness, needs food, and yea, prayer. Prayer is basically a dialogue. There are time we something are meditating. The question is, who are you meditating with. Yourself of course. You are basically transferring from the subconscious mind if that's the word to your mind. That is, what you can not reach to, to something you can reach.

Jesus was basically connecting to His Spirit.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

The spirit is full of strength, but the flesh has its weakness, so pray and strength would come. Meditate and you would come up with better ideas and answers.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus God by Razzness(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
Lies
Re: Why Is Jesus God by JesusPeople: 11:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
Razzness:
Lies

You can not just say lies and walk away, prove where the lie is and point it out, I await your response
Re: Why Is Jesus God by Razzness(m): 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
JesusPeople:

You can not just say lies and walk away, prove where the lie is and point it out, I await your response
I don't have strenght to type too much. But just know that jesus is not and will never be God. there are a lot of verses where jesus refered to himself as the son of man. Jesus is just one of God's numerous messangers. know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus God by Hier(m): 11:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
Razzness:

I don't have strenght to type too much. But just know that jesus is not and will never be God. there are a lot of verses where jesus refered to himself as the son of man. Jesus is just one of God's numerous messangers. know this and know peace.

one of the requirements for the coming of Jesus was that Jesus (God) must come with a body. God came to free man from the yoke they have been held under when they ate they forbidden.

God said they shall die if they eat from the fruit and man died, hence making it impossible for any kind of man to redeem man or break the limitations on man. God created us as intelligent beings and that is the reason Adam didn't know He was naked, because He was function or operating at an higher level than that which we have now. And before we can become that which God has designed us for, there need to be a legal means whereby a man would die and through death, he would collect back all that has been deprived from man.

So God knew any man can not do that, except the one who created man and also has power over the devil. But the major thing is, power over the devil. So God had to come to this heart and act as man until He died, so that by defeating the devil, every man can also through Jesus be recreated. i.e. we would becime Just like Adam is and the truth is , as long as we refuse to accept God(Jesus), and denounce through God (Jesus) that power the devil hath over us, we might be slaves to the devil. That is the logic behind the coming of Jesus. No other mystery to it
Re: Why Is Jesus God by Razzness(m): 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
Listen to urself, God created man, man sinned against God, God became a man and was killed by man to save man from God. wow!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jesus God by MightySparrow: 12:01am On Aug 04, 2020
Laughing matter

Re: Why Is Jesus God by Janosky: 12:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Razzness:
Lies

They enjoy DECEIVING themselves with Trinity GIBBERISH
Re: Why Is Jesus God by Janosky: 12:06am On Aug 04, 2020
Razzness:

John 7:16 what I teach belongs to Him that sent me. Compare John 15:15. 12:49-50.
Re: Why Is Jesus God by Janosky: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2020
JesusPeople:
it is very simple,

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The Angel proclaimed that the power of the highest shall overshadow. It also added the Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, therefore that Holy thing that shall be born given a name, which is Son of God

So we have the power of the Almighty, we also have the Holy Spirit(Holy Ghost) which is the Spirit of God.

I would like us to know that God can proceed out of Himself and when He looks back He still sees Himself.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

So Philip asked Jesus, show us the Father and we shall be satisfied, Jesus turned and said, have you been this long with me yet you can not recognize that I am the Father

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Then Jesus went further to say, the Father dwelleth in me, He is the one doing what you see.

We all know God is a Spirit. And that same Spirit proceeded out of God.

Lemme shed more light, God can be in Lagos speaking to a prophet, yet another prophet is in Laguna(let's say Selman) and Selman is expressing a great manifestation of the Spirit in his church, some metres away, a sister is hearing from God. Does that mean there are many God's. No, God can proceed out of Himself and look back and see Himself, and it is not like one is half the other one, such that when they come together, they become one. Everyone of them still remains God because they proceeded from God.

There are many proves both old testament

For instance, Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

It says, a child shall be born, His name shall be wonderful, counsellor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God was manifested

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now talking about begotten, begotten mean to give birth or to cause to come to existence. As far as the humanity of Jesus is concerned, he is the Son of God, but when we go into the divinity (Spirit) that is God, because at birth, the power of the Almighty was what caused the child to come forth.

Jesus was man(body) and Spirit.

But the body is subject to limitations, fatigue, tiredness, needs food, and yea, prayer. Prayer is basically a dialogue. There are time we something are meditating. The question is, who are you meditating with. Yourself of course. You are basically transferring from the subconscious mind if that's the word to your mind. That is, what you can not reach to, to something you can reach.

Jesus was basically connecting to His Spirit.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

The spirit is full of strength, but the flesh has its weakness, so pray and strength would come. Meditate and you would come up with better ideas and answers.

You claim Jesus flesh is weak. please Show us the sins of Jesus in the flesh. I want to see am grin
Re: Why Is Jesus God by Mrshape: 12:09am On Aug 04, 2020
Hier:

one of the requirements for the coming of Jesus was that Jesus (God) must come with a body. God came to free man from the yoke they have been held under when they ate they forbidden.

God said they shall die if they eat from the fruit and man died, hence making it impossible for any kind of man to redeem man or break the limitations on man. God created us as intelligent beings and that is the reason Adam didn't know He was naked, because He was function or operating at an higher level than that which we have now. And before we can become that which God has designed us for, there need to be a legal means whereby a man would die and through death, he would collect back all that has been deprived from man.

So God knew any man can not do that, except the one who created man and also has power over the devil. But the major thing is, power over the devil. So God had to come to this heart and act as man until He died, so that by defeating the devil, every man can also through Jesus be recreated. i.e. we would becime Just like Adam is and the truth is , as long as we refuse to accept God(Jesus), and denounce through God (Jesus) that power the devil hath over us, we might be slaves to the devil. That is the logic behind the coming of Jesus. No other mystery to it

John 3:16 for GOD so love the word that he gave is only begotten SON who ever believe in HIM will not Parrish but have eternal life

John 17:3 this means eternal life by coming to know GOD and his SON Jesus Christ

Jesus is God's son not God
Re: Why Is Jesus God by JesusPeople: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
Janosky:

You claim Jesus flesh is weak. please Show us the sins of Jesus in the flesh. I want to see am grin

Your answer is in this verse

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

If you live after the flesh, you shall die(sin) but if through prayers and closeness to God you put your flesh under or you stop the excesses of the flesh, you shall not sin(live)
Re: Why Is Jesus God by JesusPeople: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Janosky:

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Son of God means God in human form(it is the flesh of Jesus that is the son)

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual For August 9, 2020 Lesson 50 : Topic – The An / Come Unto Me, All You That Labour / What Is Difference Between Joy And Happiness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.