Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

A Call For Understanding To Christians And Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Call For Understanding To Christians And Muslims (990 Views)

Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call For Understanding To Christians And Muslims by stimulus(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2007
Perhaps, just perhaps. . .

I'm wondering if it might go a long way to help our mutual understanding and co-existence across board if we apply a little wisdom in relating with people. In the past, I've not always been a vanguard of what I preach to others; but I'm learning everyday, and would like to apply the new things I learn in the wisdom nuggets of others.

My present concern here is this: can we Christians (and others) use this thread to say what we have to say to our Muslim friends and respect their thread (Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Today?)

I was meditating on I Cor. 10:32 & 33 this morning and again the words deeply impressed me: "Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved." I stopped to ask myself if I was actually being careful to obey that verse.

It is in this regard I'd like us to understand that if Muslims have respected the Christian thread (What Did You Learn At Church Today?), the best I could do is extend the same mutual respect to them.

There are many things we could say to one another. If I visit the Muslim thread and would like to respond to something a Muslim has raised there, I'd like to use this thread for my response and then leave a link in the Muslim thread to direct them here to read my concerns about the said issue. Would this be a welcome idea to those of us (Christians especially) who post responses in their thread?

Okay, whatever your persuasion, I just thought to raise this appeal; I think it would go a long way help leave the Muslim thread sanitized. Perhaps, we could view this as a Christian 'Jihad' to extend understanding and mutual respect to them!

God bless you.

Again, God bless una O! grin

(1) (Reply)

7 Questions God Won't Ask U / Why Do Christians Fight So Much? / Alone And Needing Someone To Talk To Who Listens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.