Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,856 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? (3158 Views)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Osinbajo Meets The Hausa Community Leaders In Ikoyi Obalende / Ndlea Arrests Four Igbo,s Drug Suspects At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Ofido(m): 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
[b][/b]No offence ment to my Hausa friends but the truth is that am currently doing my NYSC in Balanga Local Govt. In Gombe state North east Nigeria.

Been in the North for like 7 months now i have visited Bauchi, Jos, Adamawa, Benue, Kogi, Maidugiri, Niger and Kwara state. Each time am at any of this state's,the level of poverty always gets me thinking and asking wat really where this pple doing wen others wher growing upon say na them dey government since.

So the Hausa's what happened?
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
they were farming and rearing cattles
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by aljharem(m): 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
hausa/ fulani set the foundation for development in nigeria as we know it

where were igbos and yorubas when the country was depending on groundnuts, cotton, pepper, livestock etc

where were they angry angry
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

Hausa/ Fulani set the foundation for development in Nigeria as we know it

where were gobs and Yoruba's when the country was depending on groundnuts, cotton, pepper, livestock etc

where were they angry angry

okoro,i was almost tempted to ask the op to direct the question to you b4 you jumped out of the blues to respond angrily,and if i may ask,Wat happened to the groundnut,cotton ,pepper,livestock and others u are mentioning.
the earlier you guys go back to your root the better for you cos splitting of this nation is imminent
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by ekubear1: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
As poorly run and corrupt as the southern states in Nigeria are, I guess the northern states are even more so.

I don't know what the deal is with their leadership.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by aljharem(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
aguiyi:

okoro,i was almost tempted to ask the op to direct the question to you b4 you jumped out of the blues to respond angrily,and if i may ask,Wat happened to the groundnut,cotton ,pepper,livestock and others u are mentioning.
the earlier you guys go back to your root the better for you cos splitting of this nation is imminent

can you shut that your mouth,.,. mumu

why would i not respond angrily when ever where i turn to on nairaland i hear northerners are backward etc

and here again is another one
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
sorry bro,your brothers mismanaged our funds and resources while mine resorted to doing business of all kind and the others went to school and chose the white collar stuff.
i still maintain my advice,RETURN TO WHAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO BEST (AGRICULTURE)
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by ShangoThor(m): 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ OP's question, Oh no you didn't? LOL grin
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Obiagu1(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ofido:

[b][/b]No offence ment to my Hausa friends but the truth is that am currently doing my NYSC in Balanga Local Govt. In Gombe state North east Nigeria.

Been in the North for like 7 months now i have visited Bauchi, Jos, Adamawa, Benue, Kogi, Maidugiri, Niger and Kwara state. Each time am at any of this state's,the level of poverty always gets me thinking and asking wat really where this pple doing wen others wher growing upon say na them dey government since.

So the Hausa's what happened?

They are not poor, it's their way of life.
They have the Almagiri system and are happy with it.
They don't like western education hence the revolt by Boko Haram.

So how can you say they are poor?
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
We were told that the british denied them education
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by MeAboki(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
Isn't it interesting to note that majority of the states that the Poster claimed to have traveled are in fact not even Hausa states shocked shocked Just goes to show how IGNORANT the poster is and the intended mischief behind the post. angry

@ Poster, well let me play along and also be a little mischievous in answering your question by saying:
When Hausa people were busy toiling away in their farm lands, your brothers and sister in the south (where you come from) were equally busy advancing their skills and perfecting the art of armed robbery, fake drugs & drug pushing, 419, forgery, exam malpractice,etc; hence that's why Hausa people still remain backwards and how your own people have advanced us to where we are today. I guess that should satisfy your curiosity.

Oh yeah, don't let me stop you from giving yourself a pat on the back - if that would make you feel happy in your obviously foolish misplaced sense of superiority. cool cool
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Afam4eva(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
Me_Aboki:

Isn't it interesting to note that majority of the states that the Poster claimed to have traveled are in fact not even Hausa states shocked shocked Just goes to show how IGNORANT the poster is and the intended mischief behind the post. angry

@ Poster, well let me play along and also be a little mischievous in answering your question by saying:
When Hausa people were busy toiling away in their farm lands, your brothers and sister in the south (where you come from) were equally busy advancing their skills and perfecting the art of armed robbery, fake drugs & drug pushing, 419, forgery, exam malpractice,etc; hence that's why Hausa people still remain backwards and how your own people have advanced us to where we are today. I guess that should satisfy your curiosity.

Oh yeah, don't let me stop you from giving yourself a pat on the back - if that would make you feel happy in your obviously foolish misplaced sense of superiority. cool cool

They may not be Hausa states but you should understand that the poster means the north when he says hausa.

@ OP

The north is controlled by few selfish individuals who don't care about the welfare of their people. And the people don't seem to care because it's a like a way of life for them.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by udezue(m): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
They are just morons naturally. Its not the fault of the British. Its the way God created them. Without them the word "slowpoke" won't be in existence
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by MeAboki(m): 8:41am On Feb 12, 2011
afam4eva:

They may not be Hausa states but you should understand that the poster means the north when he says hausa.

@ OP

The north is controlled by few selfish individuals who don't care about the welfare of their people. And the people don't seem to care because it's a like a way of life for them.

Pls don't make excuses for abject IGNORANCE, the man was obviously ignorant and not confused about the two: Hausa is a tribe/people, while the North is a region - simple.
It beats me how he could make such error, its in fact the equivalent of me referring to Yoruba meaning south - as if the region only holds the one tribe without others like Ibo, Beni, ifik, Ijaw, Calabar etc.
I am sure if I should make that mistake you would be first to criticize and call me names - but then again, he si your brother, its not hard to guess why you are covering for him. grin

udezue:

They are just morons naturally. Its not the fault of the British. Its the way God created them. Without them the word "not-so-smart person" won't be in existence

And you sir, are from the son and daughter of CANNIBALS, animals of the worst kind, in fact CANNIBALISM IS IN YOUR DNA - that's why your reasoning is naturally that way angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by udezue(m): 9:14am On Feb 12, 2011
Me_Aboki:

Pls don't make excuses for abject IGNORANCE, the man was obviously ignorant and not confused about the two: Hausa is a tribe/people, while the North is a region - simple.
It beats me how he could make such error, its in fact the equivalent of me referring to Yoruba meaning south - as if the region only holds the one tribe without others like Ibo, Beni, ifik, Ijaw, Calabar etc.
I am sure if I should make that mistake you would be first to criticize and call me names - but then again, he si your brother, its not hard to guess why you are covering for him. grin
a

And you sir, are from the son and daughter of CANNIBALS, animals of the worst kind, in fact CANNIBALISM IS IN YOUR DNA - that's why your reasoning is naturally that way angry angry angry angry angry

morooon
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by akyus(m): 10:33am On Feb 12, 2011
@Poster, I know you were expecting to see a paradise the Hausas have built with the oil money. All thanks to The NYSC at least you're now enlightened. Those few corrupt leaders in the south like the ones in North can't deceive you. Let's begin to hold individuals accountable. Let's stop this North/South, Christian/Muslem thing it won't help us. They are using all these to confuse us while they carry on their looting. God help Nigeria.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by seanet02: 10:53am On Feb 12, 2011
They were smoking indian hemp
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by spade: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2011
I foresee this thread getting dumped into the Racist, Tribalist And Sectarianist ghetto pretty soon. grin
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by MeAboki(m): 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
akyus:

@Poster, I know you were expecting to see a paradise the Hausas have built with the oil money. All thanks to The NYSC at least you're now enlightened. Those few corrupt leaders in the south like the ones in North can't deceive you. Let's begin to hold individuals accountable. Let's stop this North/South, Christian/Muslem thing it won't help us. They are using all these to confuse us while they carry on their looting. God help Nigeria.

I absolutely concur with your reasoning and I am quite willing to work towards that end; but when deliberate malicious isults are thrown, I will equally be obliged to retaliate with alacrity and similar itensity.
For now, I am all for peace and respect. Cheers cheesy cool
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by ikeyman00(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^^^

and dnt u think u should be saying that to the vampires and goons behind the front line in the north still waiting on the next miss world to orchestrate their inhumane qualities

u feel me angry
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by udezue(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2011
They were sniffing gutter fumes. grin
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by aljharem(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
@op

when you talk of development do you mean the whole south is developed

remember do not count the yorubas (who are the most developed in nigeria) in you so-call south ok

if you are talking of igboland and ijawland etc then i see no difference in them and the north angry
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by tashanja(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2011
akyus:

@Poster, I know you were expecting to see a paradise the Hausas have built with the oil money. All thanks to The NYSC at least you're now enlightened. Those few corrupt leaders in the south like the ones in North can't  deceive you. Let's begin to hold individuals accountable. Let's stop this North/South, Christian/Muslem thing it won't help us. They are using all these to confuse us while they carry on their looting.  God help Nigeria.

WORD1
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by MeAboki(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2011
ikeyman00:

^^^^^

and dnt u think u should be saying that to the vampires and goons behind the front line in the north still waiting on the next miss world to orchestrate their inhumane qualities

u feel me angry

LOL, vampires indeed.
Honestly I tried but couldn't find them, though I am told they have been kidnapped (an increasingly favorite pastime in the south shocked) and subsequently killed for rituals and their flesh eaten for nourishment (another favoured pastime of your ppl cry shocked) - and you still had the audacity to talk of vampires and inhuman qualities. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool cool
Just STHFU, silly CANNIBAL angry angry angry
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by adconline(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2011
Your English is a bit frightening  to understand, especially coming someone who is doing his NYSC.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
Werent the Islamic the first few gifted with the knowledge of education? (Islamic Universities).
How far did that sector of Education reach Northern Nigeria during the Islamic "invasion" (or spread)?
Seems like the religion aspect was the only thing the Northerners captured, they neglected the Islamic concept of Education.

There's a saying that goes like this; "If you're going to do something, do it right". Obviously, Nigerians dont obey that rule.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by fstranger3(m): 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2011
Me_Aboki:

LOL, vampires indeed.
Honestly I tried but couldn't find them, though I am told they have been kidnapped (an increasingly favorite pastime in the south shocked) and subsequently killed for rituals and their flesh eaten for nourishment (another favoured pastime of your ppl cry shocked) - and you still had the audacity to talk of vampires and inhuman qualities. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool cool
Just STHFU, silly CANNIBAL angry angry angry

Hey, you are doing a great job
Keep it up. I sincerely mean it

It is always refreshing to see one of you guys dish it out to the Ebos. They are annoying as well.

The North is not as stupid as their leaders have made them believe

PS: Stay calm and counter any stupid move they might want to make
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by Jenifa1: 1:07am On Feb 14, 2011
the north is sort of isolated from the south and also not very connected to the western world.
part of the reason why the capital was moved to abuja was to have a more centralized government.

a way to change the situation will be to connect/centralize the country more. by building transportation routes and encouraging trade between the different regions of Nigeria.

this will be of very tremendous help for the country as a whole.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by fstranger3(m): 1:14am On Feb 14, 2011
Jenifa_:

[s]the north is sort of isolated from the south and not very connected to the western world.
part of the reason why the capital was moved to abuja.

a way to change the situation will be to connect the country more. by building transportation routes and encouraging trade between the different regions of Nigeria.

this will be of very tremendous help for the country as a whole. [/s]

Arrantus Nonsensicus

Capital was moved to ABuja by Babangide so as to make the North more connected to the west?

Ode!

You'd better STFU before your ignorance is exposed once more.
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by bashr4: 3:56am On Feb 14, 2011
alj harem:

@op

when you talk of development do you mean the whole south is developed

remember do not count the yorubas (who are the most developed in nigeria) in you so-call south ok

if you are talking of igboland and ijawland etc then i see no difference in them and the north angry

which eastern city is not developed? ur are soo weird i swear,is it enugu or ph,or the whole anambra or calabar,asaba,umuahia, or owerri i can go on and on.

the nrth is laggin behind and we need to bridge that gap, religion should no longer be an excuse , after all muslim countries like turkey are far more advance and safer than majority christian countries i have been to.

the guy that said the poster is ignorant for callin midbelters hausa is also ignorant spelling igbo as ibo
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by MeAboki(m): 7:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
fstranger3:

Hey, you are doing a great job
Keep it up. I sincerely mean it

It is always refreshing to see one of you guys dish it out to the Ebos. They are annoying as well.

The North is not as silly as their leaders have made them believe

PS: Stay calm and counter any silly move they might want to make

Yeah, thanks grin
Though I am increasingly concerned that the more I keep it up the more I could easily slide down towards to their own level to being a tribal bigot - bereft of genuine objectivity and respect for others. Its quite unfortunate that one is often forced into responding to their provocation - so sad sad
Re: What Wher The Hausa's Doing When The Igbo,s & Yoruba's Wher Developing? by EzeUche2(m): 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
Look at fstranger a Yoruba kissing a Northerner's arse.

Have some respect for yourself!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cleanup Of Oil Pollution In Ogoniland Will Cost $1Billion And Take 30 Years / Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / This Is Madness!! Is Tonto Dike Not Afraid Of Ebola Virus? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.