Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,311 members, 7,957,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures (90878 Views)

2face Idibia Visits Sound Sultan's Grave In The US (Photos, Video) / Olamide Consoling Sound Sultan's Wife, Farida Fasasi At His Burial / Tboss Apologizes To Her Father, Idowu Vincent. Shares His Burial Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Stayfouss10: 11:26am On Aug 05, 2020
wiseone28:
The moral lesson is Don't drink and drive
ALSO SAY NO TO DRUGS....
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by imustsaymymindo: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
2cribz:
Abegi. Late dagrin was shit e no fot even fit follow m.i flow for rap. Who dey play da grin that time.when na american music dey top charts.

Well, I think it's the metrics you are using to judge Dagrin that is making you not see his legendary.

I presume you are judging him based on his simple, easy to understand lyrics and minimal punchlines.

I believe Grin could match many rappers flow at that time. Even better. The likes of Gino, Catair, Modo, OD, Ikechukwu, Naeto C, Dark Poet, Terry tha rapman, Sauce Kid, Ferocious and other rappers then had similar flows. Only M.I. and Da Grin really brought about the commercial rap flow. They both had good albums. No bad track. I mean you could listen to Grin and M.I songs and you would know this is music. You can't say it's the beat or chorus or any particular element making their song sweet because they made music. Every element blended. And the songs had messages.

Dagrin is the best storyteller and commercial rapper ever in Naija to me . It's hard to blend those 2 aspects in music. Trust me. And beyond that, Dagrin propelled the streetz.

You want to know a legend? Listen to an artiste 10 year old song and see how the message is still relevant till today. Thank God, Ghetto dreams, gboro, his verse on champion and many others attest to this.

There is a 2pac song to any situation you are facing currently and in 20 years time.
There is a Lucky Dube song to any situation you are facing currently and in 20 years time.

That's how you know legends.

If Grin had lived a year or 2 older, there would have been a Dagrin song to any situation you are facing currently and in 20 years time.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by 2cribz: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2020
To hell with all wack commetcial artists out thr.
imustsaymymindo:

Well, I think it's the metrics you are using to judge Dagrin that is making you not see his legendary.

I presume you are judging him based on his simple, easy to understand lyrics and minimal punchlines.

I believe Grin could match many rappers flow at that time. Even better. The likes of Gino, Catair, Modo, OD, Ikechukwu, Naeto C, Dark Poet, Terry tha rapman, Sauce Kid, Ferocious and other rappers then had similar flows. Only M.I. and Da Grin really brought about the commercial rap flow. They both had good albums. No bad track. I mean you could listen to Grin and M.I songs and you would know this is music. You can't say it's the beat or chorus or any particular element making their song sweet because they made music. Every element blended. And the songs had messages.

Dagrin is the best storyteller and commercial rapper ever in Naija to me . It's hard to blend those 2 aspects in music. Trust me. And beyond that, Dagrin propelled the streetz.

You want to know a legend? Listen to an artiste 10 year old song and see how the message is still relevant till today. Thank God, Ghetto dreams, gboro, his verse on champion and many others attest to this.

There is a 2pac song to any situation you are facing currently and in 20 years time.
There is a Lucky Dube song to any situation you are facing currently and in 20 years time.

That's how you know legends.

If Grin had lived a year or 2 older, there would have been a Dagrin song to any situation you are facing currently and in 20 years time.

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by iamlahmee(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2020
MrImole:

Olamide is better than him in all ramifications... You're just saying this because he's dead just like the way people call Yar'adua the best president ever.
Really!olamide has the wackiest lyrics ever,kindly go and listen to DJ Jimmy Jat ft dagrin then u will know what good flows mean
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by iamlahmee(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2020
2cribz:
Abegi. Late dagrin was shit e no fot even fit follow m.i flow for rap. Who dey play da grin that time.when na american music dey top charts.
Aah!see lie,u mean who is listening to dagrin's music that year!infact most top Nigerian artiste then love to feature him,before he died he was the no 1 rapper people listened to.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by imustsaymymindo: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2020
2cribz:
To hell with all wack commetcial artists out thr.

Commercial prowress is key to artistry. If the music isn't commercial, it is of little value. The artiste could as well be rapping/singing for him/herself. The ability to blend with trends and the market but not loosing your touch or your essence is very key.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by JastSiryin(m): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2020
It's fascinating how one's perception changes over time. Had never listened to his album comprehensively then, even though i was familiar with almost every song there. But on giving it a closer listen now, i came to appreciate how much a "student" of the game he was.

You could tell that he really studied hiphop. That album had both club bangers and conscious songs. It had dope features all through. Although not the first of it's kind, it's an album that ushered in a new era of bilingual(Yoruba-English) rap. I can't help but think what would've become of him if he were alive.

Would he have left his hiphop roots for a more afro-pop feel just to go with the trend? Or would he have stuck to his guns and somehow maintained his relevance while staying true to his style? Who knows if dude would've emulated 50cents by having his own hiphop collective. I can't help but wonder.

I miss the dude even though i never met him. But i guess i did, through his music. May he live forever through his music. Long Live DaGrin

5 Likes

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by solonubinho(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
MrImole:

Olamide is better than him in all ramifications... You're just saying this because he's dead just like the way people call Yar'adua the best president ever.

Lol. I won't even argue with you here. I love Olamide as well but name one......... just one 'evergreen' song Olamide has sang that has remained evergreen for more than 5 years. Considering the fact that Dagrin did not stay for long which automatically gives Olamide a perceived edge in the number of released songs. I will ask again, name one Olamide's song that has remained evergreen for more than 5 years.

Now, I dont know what metrics you base your assumption on but mine are as follows:
1. Number of evergreen songs (10 years and counting but lets reduce the bar to 5 years for Olamide;s sake)
2. Lyrical quality.
3. Intelligent play on words/punclines; and
4. Street Cred.

You're comparing someone who invented the game with someone who studied under the same game. Na wa.

Oh, lest I forget, the data of Nigeria's economic index shows that Yar adua was perhaps the best president Nigeria had. Data doesn't lie. Over to you.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
mayor1814:
forget mode9, forget m.i, forget olamide. DAGRIN IS THE BEST RAPPER, EMCEE, LYRICIST TO EVER COME OUT OF NAIJA.

Now these are my reasons
- mode 9 is dope n great hard-core rapper n lyricist but he never gained wide popularity or awareness outside the rap genre. DAGRIN had both.

- m.i is the closest but DAGRIN is still more popular to the wider audience.

- olamide is highly successful, highly commercial but he's not really a EMCEE in d mold of mode9 or m.i, but DAGRIN was both commercially successful and at d same time a dope EMCEE, RAPPER n LYRICIST.

Gbam.. you just said everything.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Ucee1999: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bloghomies:
Dagrin will was so wise that he saw his death. He is not just a legend, he is a prophet and a lyricist. There are legends whom the world doesn't deserve, so they have to leave quickly. RIP the real GOAT!

You are wise
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
He is a Legend!
No b by grave my broda, na where u go go, heaven or hell!

when i die,i prefer my body cremeted. I don't want flowers on my grave,don't want beautiful graveyard.
I am just trying to do the right thing so when i die the preacher won't have to lie.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by ekevwe(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
1Alex:
Dagrin was a real lyricists.

With his types of song his career would have been over before 3 yrs if he had been alive
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by SirBunky85(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
AeroplaneApple:
Dagrin ever gold. I am sure Dagrin made heaven

Unlike one politician whose wife thinks he made heaven
senseless
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by askakim(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
he was a real legend indeed not like the lyrics we dey hear this days with naked girls pic wey no sabi pass dance n shake there b..ty only....
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by officialfestus(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
bigwig071:
but dagrin was not even popular then
really?
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
how come people are so numerous in his burial and social distancing isn't observed and not one single soul came with a face mask?
They should all be arrested and kept in isolation for two weeks cool
grin
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by DICKstractor: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
how come people are so numerous in his burial and social distancing isn't observed and not one single soul came with a face mask?
I'll take this as sarcasm. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by BanjiRaymond(m): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
DonTattaglia:
I don't see anything that was great in his music for him to be called a legend.. Someone here will also say Olamide is a legend. I laugh in Kinyarwanda. Who be Olamide!! If he stops singing or dies today, his songs will be forgotten like a flash. People don't even know what a music legend is, a legends song never ceases to be publicised till infinity! How many times do u hear Dagrin's music in public or radio stations. But u hear d likes of Bob Marley's music recurring every now and then in music shops, radio stations & homes.. That is a real legend.
I agree with you on this. Hip hop legends in Nigeria are 2face, PSquare and 9ice
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by sheyitokz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
1milli years to this time olaonipekun songs can neva erase from my playlist
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by eagleonearth(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
AeroplaneApple:
Matthew 15:11 Christ said it isn't what goes into ones mouth ...

Chose between a drunk and a theif... which will make heaven
none of them
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by eagleonearth(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
do you read upside down?

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by chukemmang(m): 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
meobizy:
If he didn’t drink or do drugs, he’ll stay alive to compete with Olamide and co.

Compete? Who be Olamide or any other rapper when Da Grin was alive?
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by chukemmang(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
I remember when Pon Pon was released and DA Grin came to see his manager somewhere in Surulere around Masha. We put the single CD in my Peugeot 206 that year and we all and Da Grin were bumping to it.

I was heartbroken when he died. Rest in peace brother.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Brunicekid(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
This isn't funny you know...

Dagrin Legend, continue to rest in peace.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Brunicekid(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
bigwig071:
but dagrin was not even popular then
Who told you that?

He had attained mainstream popularity then.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by murmee: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
MrImole:

I wholeheartedly agree with you!

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Brunicekid(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
Alfirdawsyy:
See The Situations of These Nigeria Footballers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK2ZiWyQoPo
Footballers situations
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by uglodoh(f): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:

Eyen eka mbok were you joking or serious? I had a good laugh after reading this comment.
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by Donniest22(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bloghomies:
Dagrin will was so wise that he saw his death. He is not just a legend, he is a prophet and a lyricist. There are legends whom the world doesn't deserve, so they have to leave quickly. RIP the real GOAT!
You are right, it happened to Tupac Shakur too
cry
Rip
Re: Dagrin Death, 10 Years After: The Accident, His Burial & Grave In Pictures by asumo12: 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
grin

Stayfouss10:
ALSO SAY NO TO DRUGS....
Marlains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burna Boy Flaunts His Cars, As He Works Out In His House / Regina Daniels Poses With Armed Bodyguards Assigned To Her By Husband, Ned / Peter Okoye: Paul Insults My Wife And Kids, That's Why P'square Broke Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.