Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut (46057 Views)

Beirut Explosion: How Ammonium Nitrate Caused Deadly Blast In Lebanon / Beirut, Lebanon Explosion: Father Trying To Save His Son / Explosion Rocks Bus Terminal In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by 27Pushing30: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
adonisgold:

Pakistan is a Moslem country and they have nuclear weapons.
please refer to my responses real estate 99

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by davido91(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
phranklyn92:
Terrorists perhaps? undecided
This world sef!
I'm tired of all these unending bad news.

It wasn't terrorism according to them
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by davido91(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Predator1:
How is ISLAM related in this issue. Lebanon is christian majority first of all. Hezbollah is part of the government (if u think Hezbollah is the terrorist group), definitely not ISIS as Beirut has never been their stronghold. However any person that has knowledge in wars would assume it could be ISRAEL due to their recent encounters.
I guess a lot of NAIRALANDERS DONT know what is and what is not.
They read middle east and assume Muslim.

It's not a Christian majority but it's people are Liberal and the country is Secular.

Also the explosion wasn't a terrorist attack according to updated reports

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Slynation(m): 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Damn... What an explosion about 4,000 injured and multiple deaths

It's well.... RIP to the dead and speedy recovery to those injured
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Balenciagabrain: 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Anywhere there is Islamic practice, freedom is shredded, war and bloodshed is entrenched. These are facts.

Wherever Islam finds itself as minority, peace is destroyed, agitation is embraced. They become relentless, restless, and violent. These are facts.

Where Islam is majority, hope is caged, a deadly oppression of minorities is executed. These are facts.

When Mohammed went to the cave seeking answers from God, little did he know that the demon that met him at the cave with Islam was no Angel but a violent, restless, and thirsty spirit.

Constantly at war with itself, there is no doubt that it is the most consequential religion man has ever known after the death of Christ.

Richdad
Go and read what God said about Ishmael. Arabians are descendants of Ishmael.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Akapito: 12:28am On Aug 05, 2020
This is just a normal day in Muslim countries

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by planetx: 12:34am On Aug 05, 2020
Trump just said it was a bomb attack.
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Bright4luv3000: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2020
To hell with Islam. Religion with no peace

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by NiCurious: 12:38am On Aug 05, 2020
planetx:
Trump just said it was a bomb attack.
So it probably was not a bomb attack, if Trump said it was. angry
In fact, latest news says it was not.
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Investnow2017: 1:26am On Aug 05, 2020
First week of August always a week of extraordinary explosions of calamitous proportions: Hiroshima 6th and Nagasaki 9th, 1945.

And now, Beirut August 4th, 2020

Heart goes out to all affected. What a world! Soon to end!
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Nova1988(m): 2:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Anywhere there is Islamic practice, freedom is shredded, war and bloodshed is entrenched. These are facts.

Wherever Islam finds itself as minority, peace is destroyed, agitation is embraced. They become relentless, restless, and violent. These are facts.

Where Islam is majority, hope is caged, a deadly oppression of minorities is executed. These are facts.

When Mohammed went to the cave seeking answers from God, little did he know that the demon that met him at the cave with Islam was no Angel but a violent, restless, and thirsty spirit.

Constantly at war with itself, there is no doubt that it is the most consequential religion man has ever known after the death of Christ.

Richdad

Ok

Why can't Nigeria stand with countries like UAE Saudi Arabia?

3 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by nedekid: 4:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Looks like gas related explosion. Eg LNG.
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by fraymite: 4:45am On Aug 05, 2020
[s]
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
[
And the America where there is no Islam, are they not kneeling on your fellow black man neck? I thought you are wise until you show your bigotry and ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by wildikeman(m): 5:18am On Aug 05, 2020
Everything in 2020 o...bloody year
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by humblemikel(f): 6:26am On Aug 05, 2020
Vision 2020
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by phranklyn92(m): 6:32am On Aug 05, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Fireworks factory blew up. Read the news first before jumping to conclusions
Well, you're right. It might be an accident but look at the magnitude of that blast. Looks like a terrorist attack to me.
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Cousin9999: 6:48am On Aug 05, 2020
The same Lebanon that enslaves African women?
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:08am On Aug 05, 2020
jericco1:
It is probably a terrorist attack and it cannot be more than the notorious Hezbollah or ISIS..

Religion sha undecided
Hezbollah bomb Lebanon? Very unlikely. If it is port then it is likely Israel bombing the ship on confirmation that it is carrying weapons shipped from Iran
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Gerrard59(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2020
27Pushing30:

Please google Pakistan India history jare

I can’t be wasting time speaking on something I expect people who understand the Pakistan India history and pakistans access to nuclear weapons to know

If you accept that you goofed by stating a false information, what will happen? You said something which was totally false yet refused to add the so-called information in your initial post you expect people to know.

@Topic: Ignoramuses everywhere. I wonder who said Nigerians are intelligent people. undecided

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by adedehinbo(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2020
Kemistri4:

Syria itself is also complicit. The assassination of Hariri as well as the funding of Hezbollah.

Infact, it is the Syrian and Iranian interference in Lebanese affairs that is giving Israel an excuse to attack that country...
Israel itself had been violating the sovereign countries besides them for its own interest, Iran were only invited into Syria to help eradicate the terrorist being sponsored by Israel and the wests
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Simeonjoe1: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2020
Hope this is not an Isreal mission attack
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by rockmite: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Dd
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Nasiruddeen(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2020
Anywhere there is Christianity practice, freedom is shredded, war and bloodshed is entrenched. These are facts. Just take a look at America to Iraq etc.

Wherever Christianity finds itself as minority, peace is destroyed, agitation is embraced. They become relentless, restless and violent. These are facts. Just look at what Zamani Lakwat initiated in Southern Kaduna up to date..

Where Christianity is majority, hope is caged, a deadly oppression of minorities is executed. These are facts such as Plateau and Taraba States.

No wander they claimed that Jesus said in English Standard Version of the Bible in Mathew 10:34 that:

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword".

Constantly at war with itself, there is no doubt that it is the most consequential religion man has ever known. Just as what Christian crusaders did to Andalusians in Span etc

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2020
May Allah have mercy on your soul.
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Iniobong44(m): 10:08am On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=Xavi2019 post=92457404]What could have been the cause? >:

I don't know
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by KrazyDave16(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2020
phranklyn92:
Well, you're right. It might be an accident but look at the magnitude of that blast. Looks like a terrorist attack to me.
There were nitric acid in large quantities which sources say have been there for over 12yrs. There's this saying that the older the acid, the more firepower it will have.

There's lots of videos documenting the blast in real-time, the effects of it. Sure the country got a knack for terrorism, in this case I doubt that was the case here.
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Akhirastriver(m): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
Wat u don't know is more than wat u know ,so shut up
Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by realestate99: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
27Pushing30:

Please google Pakistan India history jare

I can’t be wasting time speaking on something I expect people who understand the Pakistan India history and pakistans access to nuclear weapons to know

Stop displaying a typical Nigerian nuisance mentality, do you think people here are kids in your neighborhood? you said earlier that " imagine a Muslim country with a nuclear power " that simply means you are ignorant that Pakistan is a nuclear power, then you started digressing, when you do not know about something, you keep shut, they do not pay you to comment here......what I know about India Pakistan tension is more than what your busy body will get glancing through google pages.

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by Thelife: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
Predator1:
How is ISLAM related in this issue. Lebanon is christian majority first of all. Hezbollah is part of the government (if u think Hezbollah is the terrorist group), definitely not ISIS as Beirut has never been their stronghold. However any person that has knowledge in wars would assume it could be ISRAEL due to their recent encounters.
I guess a lot of NAIRALANDERS DONT know what is and what is not.
They read middle east and assume Muslim.

Yes this hopeless head slammer terrorist think Israel is like them that only go about with there terrorist gorrila war grin grin grin

Sorry troll.

First of all, stop lieing here, Lebanon is not a Christian majority country

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Lebanon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Lebanon

Seems your hatred do Israel is second to non

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by yellowman2225(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nasiruddeen:
Anywhere there is Christianity practice, freedom is shredded, war and bloodshed is entrenched. These are facts. Just take a look at America to Iraq etc.

Wherever Christianity finds itself as minority, peace is destroyed, agitation is embraced. They become relentless, restless and violent. These are facts. Just look at what Zamani Lakwat initiated in Southern Kaduna up to date..

Where Christianity is majority, hope is caged, a deadly oppression of minorities is executed. These are facts such as Plateau and Taraba States.

No wander they claimed that Jesus said in English Standard Version of the Bible in Mathew 10:34 that:

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword".

Constantly at war with itself, there is no doubt that it is the most consequential religion man has ever known. Just as what Christian crusaders did to Andalusians in Span etc

Everyone Worldwide know Islam for what it is. A religion of force where you can enter but cannot go back or be killed (Apostacy) Yet my Sheik says there is no compulsion in Religion.

We all know the Fulani's (Muslim) are the one causing issues in both Kaduna and Taraba you mentioned above, with culpable support from one short man who is blood thirsty. (There are over 1 million short people possibly causing the trouble, but you can guess who among them it is)

All your claims above still fails to mention the name of the Christian Terrorist groups tormenting Nigeria and the World at large, but if you ask a 10 year Old, he will mention 10 Islamic terrorist group without blinking an eye. Even the famous Muslim station Aljazeera couldn't hide the name "Islamic group" anymore.

Its an open secret that wherever Islamic extremism goes, peace depart. I spent over 7 years in both Malaysia and Singapore and can categorically tell you the Islam they practiced is 100% different from that of Saudi, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen etc. You hardly see all these black black masquerade like buqa you see in Nigerians Nigeria in Malay. All you see is pink, blue, lilac and very colourful headscarf/Hijab, you see Malaysian Chinese with bum shots on the street( impossible in Iraq etc)

Back to Lebanon:
Lebanon is a promounced Country in the World who shares powers legitimately (as in constitution) with sunni and shia group, despite having Christian majority among religious groups. 3 biggest position is been shared as Christian- Muslim- Muslim- since shia is seen as a different group from Sunni . This means there is more power even in the Hands of the Islamist than the major Christian faith.

Back to Nigeria; Because you raised the issue of Kaduna etc. Is there a Muslim deputy in Hell Rufai government- despite Christian constituting over 30% of the state.

Lebanon Current constitution mandates that. President must be Christian, Prime minister - Sunni Muslim and head of Parliament - shia Muslim. There are over 18 sects in Lebanon and all of them must have their representation. Can you say same for Nigeria where First to 15th highest position only has 2 Yoruba and 1 Igbo. This means the Lebanon in this question is even better organised than Nigeria. Despite our quota and federal character system, we have unbalanced distribution of non elective posts among major ethnic groups and religion.

They have deceived us far too long by using the name Hausa-Fulani. Hausa is different from Fulani, but merging the 2 names makes them have the upper hand in terms of Population. This is a story for another day.

I believe I could be clouded by my Christian faith. But, ask an Hindu, pagan, traditionalist or any non muslim or non Christian to tell you which of the 2 Religion is peaceful and which is violent. From China, to India to Myammar, to UK. Muslims are always causing trouble. Imagine MUMURIC Akintola fighting WAEC while other more Islamic nation that constitute WAEC -like Senegal and Mali who are even more Islamic than Nigeria dont have any complaints whatsoever.

There are 1-2-3 Muslims in Parliament of Christian Countries, even in Jewish state of Israel. But do we have a single Christian in the ruling class in Saudi, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar etc? This clearly shows that Islam is "tolerant indeed "

Anyone trying to defend Islam as peaceful and tolerant must definitely use Yaqiya because its clear to the blind, loud to the deaf/ dumb what Islam preaches Worldwide.

its easier to defend devil himself, than defend Islam. Christianity has its own, but Islam is far from it.

2 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut by seguno2: 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
27Pushing30:

Yeah I know but it’s not yet Isis al qaeda overran
Wait till then

Why do you confidently say things that you know very little about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

War: Ukraine Announces ‘Good News’ Against Russia / Photos Of Nana Akufo-Addo's Wive And Daughters / Cameron Finally Leaves Downing St For The Last Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.