Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me (20340 Views)

Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing / FG Owes Five Iocs $1.15 Billion Cash Call Arrears, Clears $3.53 Billion Debt / Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Shehuyinka: 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
NYESOM Wike, Governor of Rivers State says the recent revelations of corruption from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) were not unexpected to him, alleging that the Commission invested N10 billion to fight against him during the last election.

“Unfortunately, they have turned it to a different thing, NDDC is a cash cow for politicians. In my own election, NDDC brought N10 billion cash to fight against me,” Wike said on Tuesday in an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital.

He added that the NDDC has lost focus from the initial mission for which it was established for, and has become a money making machine for some corrupt politicians.

“I have said before and it is very clear, my concern is everybody knows that NDDC was set up for the development of the region,” he said.

His comments followed the ongoing probe by the National Assembly into the fraud running into billions of naira said to have been perpetrated by the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the NDDC between February and May 2020.

He also accused the Commission of embarking on projects in Rivers without the consent of the state government.

“You cannot go to a state and begin to carry out projects without the permission of the state government, you don’t know what their plans are. You can’t come into my state to disturb my development plan, you must let me know,” Wike said.

According to him, technocrats, and not politicians should be placed in charge of the Commission to enable it function effectively to change the narrative of what is playing out at the moment.

While explaining the role of governors in the South-South, he said, “Under the NDDC Act, there should be a governing board made up of the governors.”

“Since 2015 we have been asking for that board, but it was only last year that the President was able to constitute a governing board. But that is just theory.”

Between February and May, investigations were launched by lawmakers to probe the alleged fraud in the NDDC while President Muhammadu Buhari also ordered that a forensic audit to be carried out on the Commission.
https://www.icirnigeria.org/in-my-own-election-nddc-brought-n10-billion-cash-to-fight-against-me-wike/

1 Like

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Sunofgod(m): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Eziokwu?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by EddyRex: 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by feemi: 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
U see. When do we get to get hope for naija.
Upon all the prayers n body language, corruption no give us breathing space.

We tireoo

4 Likes

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Wike

He singlehandedly killed a lizard in Rivers

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Joefat: 5:13am On Aug 05, 2020
Jesus Christ of Nairalander shocked
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by dbynonetwork: 5:13am On Aug 05, 2020
How I wish the SS people can genuinely fight for their right. Everyone is taking them for granted including their politicians.

40 Likes

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by dijaapara: 5:14am On Aug 05, 2020
That's also part of the contract

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:14am On Aug 05, 2020
The corruption going on in this government is mind blowing

1 Like

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:14am On Aug 05, 2020
Wuke should stop making it look like NDDC was created just today.

NDDC was created to massively enrich the South South elites. No Investigation on Earth can work at NDDC. If the investigations get intensed, they'll simply tell the boys to embark on the usual bombings of oil platforms.

Nigeria is not ready for another round of oil installation attacks.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by KingOfTheSouthS: 5:14am On Aug 05, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Digitiminimi: 5:15am On Aug 05, 2020
Wonders shall never end grin grin
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by solsticey2k3(m): 5:16am On Aug 05, 2020
When we have hungry Nigerians everywhere... smh

3 Likes

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by helinues: 5:16am On Aug 05, 2020
Is Wike competing with Mr Lai in lying?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Stanchriss(m): 5:16am On Aug 05, 2020
Faint if e shock you!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by PBeni(m): 5:16am On Aug 05, 2020
Damnn Niggarrr cheesy
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by shankara7: 5:17am On Aug 05, 2020
Wike is more corrupt. He should STFU

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Kingkamba(m): 5:18am On Aug 05, 2020
UNA STILL THE PRAY MAKE 9JA BETTER?. MAKE WE BEGIN THE STONE ALL THESE CORRUPT PEOPLE FOR STREET.
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by SmartProf(m): 5:19am On Aug 05, 2020
Maybe the Acronym NDDC should now be renamed Niger Delta Donation Commission.They donate huge sums to the pockets of cronies, corrupt politicians, election manipulations, and frivolities.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by ayodaisi: 5:20am On Aug 05, 2020
Alleging governor every time you will be talking as if you're a kid WHAT IS ALLEGING :........something that is not real just maybe
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by fredoooooo: 5:21am On Aug 05, 2020
We don hear .. How much you use to fight back ..
Bastards all of una go die a painful death .. angry

1 Like

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Akapito: 5:22am On Aug 05, 2020
Same way Tinubu brought 2 bullion vans to his compound to make sure he remained Godfather.
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Queenlovely(f): 5:23am On Aug 05, 2020
Omoyele Sowore

1 Like

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by jacobnel(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2020
He should also tell us how much was released by the NDDC to fund his first term election
Shehuyinka:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/in-my-own-election-nddc-brought-n10-billion-cash-to-fight-against-me-wike/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 05, 2020
dbynonetwork:
How I wish the SS people can genuinely fight for their right. Everyone is taking them for granted including their politicians.
have you fought for your own rights

1 Like

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Akapito: 5:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Queenlovely:
sorry

10 billion cash is like 3 bullion van of cash.

that is in 1000 naira note oh

Are you trying to say Tinubu spent up to 7 billion Naira buying votes in a day?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by MrImole: 5:28am On Aug 05, 2020
O ga o
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Mo3891: 5:29am On Aug 05, 2020
cool

So Joy Nuhemeh NDDC boss sponsored AAC and yet Mr Wike here still went ahead to prevent her from police officer trying to execute NASS subpoena

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by Rollins777(m): 5:30am On Aug 05, 2020
Crazy state is the Niger delta and eastern part of Nigeria.
Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by SmartPolician: 5:30am On Aug 05, 2020
Wike is always playing the victim

Someone is always after his life

If not Amaechi, it's Buhari...

If not Buhari, it's NDDC

Nawa oh

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by dezik: 5:30am On Aug 05, 2020
His excellency, according to Asari Dokubo, please kindly intimate us where you got your electioneering campaign cash when you contested your first election as a governor of the state.
from there, we will know how sincere you are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me by seunlayi(m): 5:32am On Aug 05, 2020
I pity pmb after leaving office, many probes await him

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign In Bayelsa / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Apologises To Customers Over Zero Power Supply / It’s Difficult To Recover Nigeria’s Stolen Money Stashed Abroad —US Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.