Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,480 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . (4711 Views)

Ladies, Am I The Only Guy With The Best Swagg On Nairaland??.... Pictures / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? / Ladies Am I The Only Obsessed With Dark Skinned Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
. . . People use "am" in the place of "I'm".
Got a text from a naija girl saying "am coming", which made her lose a few points with that side of my brain that processes attraction.  undecided
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
Sorry. I guess she didnt realize it would matter. Or expected you to focus on the package and not the audio presentation.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by 190: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
where is she coming to

and whats she coming 2 do!! angry angry
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2011
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
tpiah!:

Sorry.  I guess she didnt realize it would matter. Or expected you to focus on the package and not the audio presentation.

It's something that happens often enough, especially here on NL.

One of those pet peeves I suppose.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
190:

where is she coming to

grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by koolchicco: 12:08am On Feb 12, 2011
190:

where is she coming to

grin grin grin

@OP

I don't see the correlation between this topic and romance. undecided
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by MissyB3(f): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2011
It's not cool.

Some use 'Your' in place of 'You're'.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by 190: 12:18am On Feb 12, 2011
^^

e.g

missy Breasts
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by ALICIA22(f): 12:20am On Feb 12, 2011
@ OP I see no meaning in what you are emphasizing angry sad
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 12, 2011
It's a pet peeve. and it affects romance because pet-peeves generally do.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 12, 2011
@Buff I agree. 190 does it all of the time undecided both on and off NL.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by 190: 12:58am On Feb 12, 2011
WTF!! angry angry
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Moyola(f): 1:02am On Feb 12, 2011
@ topik
. . .u prolly d only 1 hu cringes
. . .kuz yu need a fringe tongue tongue
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by adonisgold: 1:07am On Feb 12, 2011
That part of your brain that processes information needs some little rewiring, no major fault o, just a little tunning up.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 12, 2011
@190  kiss kiss grin

@Buff I also hate it when ppl say 'yhue' instead of 'you'. it's like do you realize you all waste MORE TIME with the unnecessary h and e?
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by ALICIA22(f): 2:24am On Feb 12, 2011
adonisgold:

That part of your brain that processes information needs some little rewiring, no major fault o, just a little tunning up.

GBAM grin grin cry
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 4:07am On Feb 12, 2011
2buff:

. . . People use "am" in the place of "I'm".
Got a text from a naija girl saying "am coming", which made her lose a few points with that side of my brain that processes attraction.  undecided

wuz a txt bro. txts arent rlly in full engrish n e more. takes 2 long,  if she talks like dat den i'd be worried. hth (happy to help)

wink
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 12, 2011
Missy ★ B:

It's not cool.

Some use 'Your' in the place of 'You're'.

That one is people not having a grasp of the English language. Your/you're, were/we're, those ones annoy me most.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by 190: 5:21am On Feb 12, 2011
Alicia that is not your pic

browse Gloria Birch on facebook who do you see

You are a thief.

a common petty thief @ that
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 12, 2011
190:

Alicia that is not your pic
browse Gloria Birch on facebook who do you see

I kinda figured that. I remember another picture she had but tpiah picked on her saying she had too much acne. i think that is why she changed it. hmmmmm. if it really was her before she looked better. well i guess i gotta update my "nl's pretty babes" list lolz.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by 190: 5:35am On Feb 12, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

I kinda figured that. I remember another picture she had but tpiah picked on her saying she had too much acne. i think that is why she changed it. hmmmmm. if it really was her before she looked better. well i guess i gotta update my "nl's pretty babes" list lolz.

please do cos 90% of nl ladies pics are fake!!
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 12, 2011
190:

please do cos 90% of nl ladies pics are fake!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
not mine tho lol.

ogugua88:

That one is people not having a grasp of the English language. Your/you're, were/we're, those ones annoy me most.

Although we all have our annoyances with certain misspellings and grammatical errors, we must keep it in mind that all languages ESPECIALLY English, are mutations to begin with (germanic mixed with romance languages and even spanish/caribbean) so really it is just part of human nature (especially black folks lol) to remix what is already established.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by earthrealm(m): 6:32am On Feb 12, 2011
pet peeves!,
almost everyone has them,
urs aint too serious  though,  its  a text msg,  so the rules  of english dont generally  hold
anoda common one is peeps using been  in place of being, 

damnnn!!, chked out the gloria birch pic on fb, the  chic is flaming hot!,
@alicia, good  try,  , berra  take that pic  off, it aint mandatory that u post a pic, wat u hv just done is impersonation n stealing
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 12, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

excuse you?

would be nice if you both learnt to keep your mouths out of matters that dont concern you.

however, you dont have to.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2011
lmao
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 12, 2011
trying to draw me out, no doubt.

i tire for this daft method of getting male attention.

just be who you are, who go like you go like you, and who no go like you, still wont even if you turn somersaults.

or am i mrs chima who mentioned omolola.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by Rocktation(f): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2011
Pakistan is still getting bombed even as we speak, poster! I want you to understand that there are worse problems in the world than your gurl replacing i'm with am.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by eldav(m): 10:13am On Feb 12, 2011
@0p,I understand u.

A girl who cant command good english,be it written or spoken,is a turn off.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by LordReed(m): 10:22am On Feb 12, 2011
@2buff
Sorry to say bro but on this score your pet peeve is silly because it is misguided.

That particular phrase you quoted is grammatically correct so if anyone should be losing points its you.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by koolchicco: 10:35am On Feb 12, 2011
tpiah!:

trying to draw me out, no doubt.

i tire for this daft method of getting male attention.

just be who you are, who go like you go like you, and who no go like you, still wont even if you turn somersaults.

Tpiah don finish me! Rotflmaolwkmd4hpmsl grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . . by 190: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2011
tpiah watch your tongue around my woman!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

His Girl Has Hooked Him With Pregnancy. / Ladies, Do You Also Have Your Guys' Nudes On Your Phone's? / Photo! University Student Running Away After Getting Caught With Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.