Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Is Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Love? (228 Views)

Is Love Truly A Sign Of Weakness? / The Last Thing I'll Ever Do On This Earth Is Love A Woman! / Is love still blind? (Pix Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Love? by akinbuled: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
They say love is life, some say love conquers all, others say love is everything. How come in my own case, love is nothing but pain, anguish and plain disappointment? So I met her through her friend, early 2017, February to be precise. Little chatting and flirting led to a date and before you knew what was happening, we started dating. Family and friends encouraged us because we suddenly became an item.

She was a fresh graduate, I was a talented, yet modest chef with ambitions. To us nothing made more sense than the fact that we had each other. There was fun, joy and lots. She was really amazing and supportive, even when I lost a lot of my savings to scammers, she stood by me and told me that as long has she has my love, she would never leave me. She was a big comfort and a source of inspiration. She got a very good teaching job, she was doing well, I was bouncing back and everything looked checked.
So we decided to take it to the next level, after all we weren't so young. We planned our introduction and engagement for April this year, who would have thought of Covid being this devastating? March I lost my job, so we had to push the date forward till the end of the pandemic.

Initially, things were looking all the same, I got few catering jobs, here and there. She was supportive and caring as always. But things began to turn for the worse when I started to notice strange patterns. Things she ordinarily wouldn't complain about suddenly became issues, we would be at it for days, until I apologized.

In the past she wouldn't go more than two days without seeing me, except she travelled. Now weeks would pass and she would make excuses of been busy. Now she complains of me nagging too much. The very thing I wanted to avoid, I never wanted to be seen as that broke paranoid lover who suspects his woman. But that was what I eventually turned to.

Then two weeks ago, she sent me a message, that we needed to talk, ordinarily, she would come over to my place to talk issues through, but this time she said we should meet up at her work, after much questioning and hesitation I agreed, I really wanted to see her, plus I was blindly in love. We met and I got a big shock, maybe it wouldn't have been a shock if I had followed my head instead of my heart, my head told me things weren't right, but my heart said, be cool, she loves you.

"I'm breaking up with you, I have a new man and we are getting married soon" I couldn't believe her words, after three years? What was my offense? How can I salvage the situation? How long has this been going on? These where questions I asked myself for the last two weeks, all without good answers. But thank God I have moved on, I have forgiven her, because I can't bear to hate her, the love was strong. But I have also learnt, though it was a hard lesson, but needed all the same.

Never love with your heart, be reasonable when loving. See it as business. Respect the other person, but respect yourself more. Live life, eat well, smile more, but don't fall in love. WALK INTO IT.

Thanks for reading
Re: What Is Love? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Pele. Friendly advice: don't turn towards the redpillers. They're just as bad as the feminist.

1 Like

Re: What Is Love? by Adunaanuoluwa(f): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
angryspeechless

2 Likes

Re: What Is Love? by Lightangel65: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Pele. Friendly advice: don't turn towards the redpillers. They're just as bad as the feminist.

Shush redpillers are the men of tommorrow
Re: What Is Love? by genesistearz(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
I felt it
Ladies ain’t worth d stress

1 Like

Re: What Is Love? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Lightangel65:

Shush redpillers are the men of tommorrow
You wish grin like the feminist, they won't last the next generation
Re: What Is Love? by Lightangel65: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

You wish grin like the feminist, they won't last the next generation

Whatever you think

(1) (Reply)

Hook Up / Annual Christmas And New Year Party. Buy Your Tickets Online Now!!! / Lady: How To Meet And Keep A Good Man For Love And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.