Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory (42017 Views)

Madam Orders Her Apprentices To Fan Her While Sewing (Video) / A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid) / Gbadebo Richard: UNIBADAN Student Dies In A Soap-Making Machine In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by StagethemTVee: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2020
Better! Yeye dey smell. Imagine holding government officials hostages. Low budget Tokyo, Moscow, Berlin, Nairobi, Rio, Denver, Helsinki, and Oslo without a Professor.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Eriokanmi: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2020
SmartProf:
Nice move. When you gamble with workplace safety, you have effectively placed your life on a bet.
who's to blame, the innocent guy or the factory who failed to do the needful? I cant wait to hear the factory had been set ablaze. Make school resume first and see UI students in action. It's a proceed of oyo state's money which wad acquired illegally by the past govt of ajimobi

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by anonimi: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2020
Meto1234:
Shey FG go feed the remaining workers sha,becus na covid19 season we dey tiz no easy o.

Sealing the factory is an OVERREACH and excessive reaction of shortsighted, myopic decision makers.
They should think deeply for better sanctions that does not impact production unduly.
RIP to the young man.
It is nice knowing there are young men in honest hustles like him.
May his death not be in vain.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by tsspsolutions: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Horrible Lebanese, Indians and Chinese. We're coming for you.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by 2cribz: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Na just audio. E ma pariso. Give the company a few months when huge sums would end up in diff personal accounts, they would be back running and more brutal might even sack more. Er ma pariwo... na just audio. Na audio. Anytin sealed can always be unsealed.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by chatinent: 8:01am On Aug 06, 2020
So tragic a death. NP: Nnaomi Scott - Speechless.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by adenigga(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
When will the FG order the seal up of Aso villa and Defence headquarters??

* Bokoharam has so much ravaged the Northern part of Nigeria........FG please round up the Service chiefs and SEAL them up .

*Budget and planning Ministry was gutted by a broad daylight fire and only the finance and account dept got affected where N500billion got burnt..........FG please round up the Minister, the Ministry and staff of budget and SEAL them up as well....

* Ecowas secretariat got burnt and Only Finance and accounting dept was affected.......FG pls SEAL up Ecowas secretariat and Staff....

*Lance Corporal Martins got killed in detention in Army Headquarter......FG , when will you SEAL up Army HQ and those Soldier ants in it??

Wa..........

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Slurity(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2020
AND WHO TAKE CARE OF THE STAFF?
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by hajimosho(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2020

The FG should show more concern in the increasing number of deaths in Southern Kaduna and the Northeastern terror-stricken locations.

The Oyo state government has already locked up the facility, why should FG display fake reaction on it. They have not issued any statement on Kaduna killings which is an indication of misplacement of priority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Digitalstarlite: 8:02am On Aug 06, 2020
Dose factory owners are heartless
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by hairdeals247(f): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2020
Aiyah... So Sorry.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by premierlead: 8:13am On Aug 06, 2020
Buhari exposing Nigeria youths to harsh working environment from time immemorial and would later refer to them as 'lazy youths' but his family and cohorts milking from Nigeria since.

Can anybody see that death meat griller calling himself comment on the first page before editing it? No problem.

RIP to the dead one...may God give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Chiboto414: 8:13am On Aug 06, 2020
Very sad
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by blowjohn(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2020
ekwerendi:

This is the same question I have been longing to ask.... God bless you for asking

Btw where is this Fashola sef
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 06, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
Right move.
very wrong move. How will the tens or hundred of workers in the factory cope and survive this Pandemic without pay? It's Akin to throwing both the baby and the bath water away. Adequate compensation, fine on the company for failing to ensure workers safety and safe working environment as well as measures to prevent future occurrences.

This to me is the best thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by xxgig(m): 8:19am On Aug 06, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: This is commendable, but will affect other families who are staffs in the company, things won't be funny for them anymore. I would have advised the company compensate the family in cash and then the government force them to put in place safety measure to avoid such Hazard in the future... Na Guiness own worse, those ones dey slaughter workers and them nor dey fit cry out.. This country still have a long way to go...
What are you saying? If cause if death is related to work place safety falling short if what is. Required of the company.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria
What are you saying? If cause of death is related to work place safety falling short of what is. Required of the company. The place should remain closed till the company do the needful to prevent further death and also compensate the family of the deceased.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Lastmankc(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2020
I thought it's only in Elections that we have inconclusive, I never knew we have it on investigation.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by authority2006(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2020
What an horrible and horrific way to die! Just like those 4 workers who were bathed in molten iron.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 06, 2020
I know that the reason why they sealed it is not because of the boy's death, it is because of Tax the company has not be complying with. Nigeria government is not after the wellbeing of the citizens. They are only after their selfish interest. God will help us oooo
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Rilwayne001: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2020
What a painful death embarassed
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by jarkbauer: 8:33am On Aug 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
When will the FG order the seal up of Aso villa and Defence headquarters??

* Bokoharam has so much ravaged the Northern part of Nigeria........FG please round up the Service chiefs and SEAL them up .

*Budget and planning Ministry was gutted by a broad daylight fire and only the finance and account dept got affected where N500billion got burnt..........FG please round up the Minister, the Ministry and staff of budget and SEAL them up as well....

* Ecowas secretariat got burnt and Only Finance and accounting dept was affected.......FG pls SEAL up Ecowas secretariat and Staff....

*Lance Corporal Martins got killed in detention in Army Headquarter......FG , when will you SEAL up Army HQ and those Soldier ants in it??

You are a fool. Because Nigeria is yet to handle such things means they should ignore others too.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Wigetsolar: 8:34am On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by authority2006(m): 8:35am On Aug 06, 2020
franciskaine:
very wrong move.

Really!

How will the tens or hundred of workers in the factory cope and survive this Pandemic without pay?

Until another one of them becomes a victim too?

It's Akin to throwing both the baby and the bath water away. Adequate compensation, fine on the company for failing to ensure workers safety and safe working environment as well as measures to prevent future occurrences.

If they haven't identified all the lapses in the safety policy of the company, how would they ensure the safety of the remaining workers? Sealing up the company is temporary and that's the standard procedure anywhere in the world. I don't know why we always think that the approach in Nigeria should be below the standard.

This to me is the best thing to do.

Worst thing to do was to allow the production to continue. Everyone working in that company will survive the temporary closure, they have got just one live, it doesn't worth it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by authority2006(m): 8:43am On Aug 06, 2020
anonimi:

Sealing the factory is an OVERREACH and excessive reaction of shortsighted, myopic decision makers.
They should think deeply for better sanctions that does not impact production unduly.
RIP to the young man.
It is nice knowing there are young men in honest hustles like him.
May his death not be in vain.

I get it, he wasn't your brother. And none of your family member is working there. Is there anything more important than your life? A life was lost and they're still trying to determine details of what was wrong with the workplace environment but you want to operation to continue like nothing happened! Well, life has no value in Nigeria anyway.

“But despite that, we are able to put up a preliminary investigation and it was based on the preliminary investigation that we ordered the sealing up of the factory.”

“And this order is in conformity with section 38 of the Nigeria Factory Act. It has been identified as a dangerous workplace
and the record said we should seal it up,” he said.

Do you understand what dangerous workplace means? A young man died the most horrible death anyone could ever imagine! Imagine yourself being chopped up bit by bit by a machine!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Abbeylanre15(m): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2020
THE MYSTERY OF LIFE

Few days ago, a lady was vowing how she would make life unbearable for a man who just dumped her. She said she didn't mind if she because of that misses heaven. She said confidently that the man would soon lose his job. She promised to start 7 days fasting soon and she would command God to punish him and never accept his plea

Although I did not know the man, all my plea on his behalf fell on her deaf ear. As she was narrating her emotional story that would have made anyone sheld tears, I was unmoved because I had warned her few months to their relationship the red light I saw but she didn't heed my warning.

Where I am heading... Just last week, a man was crushed to death by a factory machine. His boss he was directly accountable to was this same guy and he is about to lose his job.

My question is... Was the man that died just a process in making the man loses his job? Why must he lose his life just because of someone else's sin? Can we say it was his own destiny spured by the manifestation of a pained lady's vow? No matter what you understand the situation to be, God understands better.

And to you guys, it is not every lady you can take advantage of. Some can go to any length to ruin your life. Don't because of five minutes enjoyment ruin your promising life.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Jabioro: 8:50am On Aug 06, 2020
Federal government come so low to extents of closing means,There are one thousand and one federal agency with there non standard conformity they have killed millions of Nigeria ..
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by anonimi: 8:51am On Aug 06, 2020
authority2006:

I get it, he wasn't your brother. And none of your family member is working there. Is there anything more important than your life? A life was lost and they're still trying to determine details of what was wrong with the workplace environment but you want to operation to continue like nothing happened! Well, life has no value in Nigeria anyway.

Do you understand what dangerous workplace means? A young man died the most horrible death anyone could ever imagine! Imagine yourself being chopped up bit by bit by a machine!

Thanks for your lovely correction of my error.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2020
authority2006:

Really!

Until another one of them becomes a victim too?

If they haven't identified all the lapses in the safety policy of the company, how would they ensure the safety of the remaining workers? Sealing up the company is temporary and that's the standard procedure anywhere in the world. I don't know why we always think that the approach in Nigeria should be below the standard.

Worst thing to do was to allow the production to continue. Everyone working in that company will survive the temporary closure, they have got just one live, it doesn't worth it
so how do the workers cope?
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 06, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
They need to close it down temporarily to do a thorough investigation on how this kid died, for an examination of the safety issues there, and to put in some measures to ensure this sorta thing doesn't happen again.
this is Nigeria whr investigation as this takes months if not years, with nothing concrete to show for it, and lots of bribing to do.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 06, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
THE MYSTERY OF LIFE

Few days ago, a lady was vowing how she would make life unbearable for a man who just dumped her. She said she didn't mind if she because of that misses heaven. She said confidently that the man would soon lose his job. She promised to start 7 days fasting soon and she would command God to punish him and never accept his plea

Although I did not know the man, all my plea on his behalf fell on her deaf ear. As she was narrating her emotional story that would have made anyone sheld tears, I was unmoved because I had warned her few months to their relationship the red light I saw but she didn't heed my warning.

Where I am heading... Just last week, a man was crushed to death by a factory machine. His boss he was directly accountable to was this same guy and he is about to lose his job.

My question is... Was the man that died just a process in making the man loses his job? Why must he lose his life just because of someone else's sin? Can we say it was his own destiny spured by the manifestation of a pained lady's vow? No matter what you understand the situation to be, God understands better.

And to you guys, it is not every lady you can take advantage of. Some can go to any length to ruin your life. Don't because of five minutes enjoyment ruin your promising life.

Life is mysterious, it's one truth I've been realistic enough to accept, although people who have decided to blind their eyes to reality can wave this aside, as mere coincidence.
Life is vast, mysterious and complex and it's an endless endeavour to keep seeking for answers. We can't get answers to MOST questions we ask in this life because it's far complicated than our understanding.

Let's assume someone marked for death met with someone marked to lose his job or maybe it's just a coincidence as some would say. Assumptions is the best men can do, but the real foul play behind the whole incident is beyond any man.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / 7 Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree / Man Sells Corns And Pears With His Bike In Makurdi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.