Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory (42011 Views)

Madam Orders Her Apprentices To Fan Her While Sewing (Video) / A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid) / Gbadebo Richard: UNIBADAN Student Dies In A Soap-Making Machine In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Daddysidhan: 9:06am On Aug 06, 2020
Most industry and company behaves as if they are above the law of this country, imagine how the boy and his family were treated. All that matters is profit no adequate safety apparatus and compensation incase of accident. This is a very good step by FG and they should be compel to pay a very huge amount to the family of the boy as compensation

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Oseniade(m): 9:06am On Aug 06, 2020
That kinda reminds me of the time I used to board trains, at the inter-coach junctions, you would be seeing holes/spaces that if one should miss once steps(when moving from one coach to another in a moving train) and dashed the legs inside those holes, one's leg could be entangled and it could ultimately lead one's body being dragged under resulting to excruciating death with mangled body.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by rickyrex(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2020
yes some companies have zero concern about safety policy, especially this so called soap making companies. has anyone been to eko supreme makers of klin and good mama? you will week on their working condition. ladies working there sees their period twice before month end owing to hash chemicals. opposite such hazardous company is a food processing company called primera.. makers of supreme noodle. how nafdac was bribed to allow such company to operate close to a chemical company is still a big question unanswered. to worsen it all same person owned both companies. this companies has zero concern for safety. work are working under pitiable condition.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by MisterGrace: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
When will the FG order the seal up of Aso villa and Defence headquarters??

* Bokoharam has so much ravaged the Northern part of Nigeria........FG please round up the Service chiefs and SEAL them up .

*Budget and planning Ministry was gutted by a broad daylight fire and only the finance and account dept got affected where N500billion got burnt..........FG please round up the Minister, the Ministry and staff of budget and SEAL them up as well....

* Ecowas secretariat got burnt and Only Finance and accounting dept was affected.......FG pls SEAL up Ecowas secretariat and Staff....

*Lance Corporal Martins got killed in detention in Army Headquarter......FG , when will you SEAL up Army HQ and those Soldier ants in it??

I don't know how two wrongs can make a right.

You lots keep on justifying societal ills and will still be the first to shout country bad.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by authority2006(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2020
franciskaine:
so how do the workers cope?

Just like anyone who just lost the job would. Just like people did during the lockdown. It will be hard but their lives are more important.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Clothingonline9(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2020
The factory will be opened before month end no be Nigeria? RIP
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Bigwig02(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: This is commendable, but will affect other families who are staffs in the company, things won't be funny for them anymore. I would have advised the company compensate the family in cash and then the government force them to put in place safety measure to avoid such Hazard in the future... Na Guiness own worse, Guinness those ones dey slaughter workers and them nor dey fit cry out.. This country still have a long way to go...

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

Have u work there b4!!! Talk with fact please
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Unbreakable007: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Hope they will also close all the Nigerian
Police stations.

Because four was killed at Ebonyi state last week.

Mumu people sad
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Reynbowjenie: 10:10am On Aug 06, 2020
Rip embarassed
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by ganiyu26(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2020
Mercy after Death, what is the work of operational safety officer in the Government sector before the accident. So many factory works under unsafe condition and nobody is checking that. Nah to collect money and turn back dem sabi
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2020
authority2006:
What an horrible and horrific way to die! Just like those 4 workers who were bathed in molten iron.
link please
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Xisnin(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2020
Sammy07:

I don't like to type what I'm thinking.
Would have said one of your family....
But let's leave it
Don't be a coward.
Type everything you are thinking.
Hundreds of family have lost their members to Boko haram fighters due to lack of equipment.
I am yet to see any of you "sympathetic souls" called for the suspension of the fight so that investigations can be done.

How about NEPA personnels die in the line of duty?
Did you also call for the Discos to shut down or you only imagine if it was your family member whenever
you will not be affected by rash emotional and rash positions.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by JB4life: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2020
Very sad.
May his soul rest in peace .

But that WAW is the best detergent now in the market.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by ekwerendi(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2020
blowjohn:

Btw where is this Fashola sef

If you ask me, nah who I go ask....

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Oracleforce: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2020
Who is the organization responsible for a better work environment and a safe environment?

Someone should take responsibility for the negligence aside from the company....there are government agencies responsible for this issues to carry out a routine check on the company
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Damseldammie(f): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2020
I appreciate this welcoming development from the federal government

Rest on Richard
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Donjay2(m): 11:52am On Aug 06, 2020
Useless FG! Just only one death you sealed up the factory, what are you expecting, we should applaud you for foolish decisions taken or what. Now tell me that you have no clue of the modern day slavery that is going on at ABA all in the name of china work... People work 12 hours everyday, no leave no off. If you stop work for one day, you get 2k fine while your daily pay is 600. What about the everyday death that is going on there and work will not even stop for a second. What about the disabled that has been abadon by the Chinese. If you talk, you get locked up by our useless police.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by HORLADSTAR(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Rest in peace young niggarrr

Why them nor fine them instead of sealing

Now waw detergent go dey scarce
Who dey buy am before
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by dalass(f): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Meto1234:
Shey FG go feed the remaining workers sha,becus na covid19 season we dey tiz no easy o.

The death of the young man is a sad one...

Sealing the factory is not going to bring him back either.... The company should be mandated to put safety measures to forestal future occurrences....

Many get their pay from that factory though... R.I.P handsome young man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by SoapQueen(f): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
anonimi:

Sealing the factory is an OVERREACH and excessive reaction of shortsighted, myopic decision makers.
They should think deeply for better sanctions that does not impact production unduly.
RIP to the young man.
It is nice knowing there are young men in honest hustles like him.
May his death not be in vain.

I wouldn't be overdoing it, if I said you are the one Overreaching! There's more to this story! Real gory, sordid details about what the soap company has done and have been doing - you'd be shocked to hear an itty-bitty of them.

If you truly followed the story, you'd cry.
Rest in Peace, Richard!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by Angelou(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
When will the FG order the seal up of Aso villa and Defence headquarters??

* Bokoharam has so much ravaged the Northern part of Nigeria........FG please round up the Service chiefs and SEAL them up .

*Budget and planning Ministry was gutted by a broad daylight fire and only the finance and account dept got affected where N500billion got burnt..........FG please round up the Minister, the Ministry and staff of budget and SEAL them up as well....

* Ecowas secretariat got burnt and Only Finance and accounting dept was affected.......FG pls SEAL up Ecowas secretariat and Staff....

*Lance Corporal Martins got killed in detention in Army Headquarter......FG , when will you SEAL up Army HQ and those Soldier ants in it??
Are you alright at all?
We are talking about a young man whose life was snuffed out of him untimely due to an unsafe work environment.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by dejavuh0007(m): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Some kind courses at U.I sef: European Studies. No wonder people no believe say Obaseki no go school coz he studied Classical Studies with only 3 credits.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by NSK4U(m): 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Meto1234:
Shey FG go feed the remaining workers sha,becus na covid19 season we dey tiz no easy o.

nonsense!

I mean absolute nonsense.

guess you talking like this because you're far from the deceased, pity.

1 Like

Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/ui-students-death-fg-orders-immediate-seal-up-of-waw-factory/

Na money dem wan collect, them wan use the poor boy shine straight. Na opportunity for them, why seal up a place that’s fetching others money for their family too..
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by authority2006(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by NSK4U(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
dalass:

The death of the young man is a sad one...

Sealing the factory is not going to bring him back either.... The company should be mandated to put safety measures to forestal future occurrences....

Many get their pay from that factory though... R.I.P handsome young man

it should remain closed down forever,

that alone will serve as lesson to other establishments whose managements see staff lives as cheap but will not allow fly to touch their own children.
Re: Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory by authority2006(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Xisnin:

Don't be a coward.
Type everything you are thinking.
Hundreds of family have lost their members to Boko haram fighters due to lack of equipment.
I am yet to see any of you "sympathetic souls" called for the suspension of the fight so that investigations can be done.

How about NEPA personnels die in the line of duty?
Did you also call for the Discos to shut down
or you only imagine if it was your family member whenever
you will not be affected by rash emotional and rash positions.

Your analogy is way off. The company was seal up because of the hazardous working environment in line with the policy of the regulatory agency not because of the man who died. That's just to determine what the company need to put in place to prevent the future reoccurrence. How is that fit into soldiers or power company staff?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / 7 Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree / Man Sells Corns And Pears With His Bike In Makurdi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.