Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure (256 Views)

Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. / Help!!!! My Husband Absconded With Our Children / Sexual Abuse And Our Children. Signs To Watch Out For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Bote3000(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2020
Life is not designed to be fair.. i knew a family in my area growing up...very educated set people, nice cars,nice house well dressed and the envy of all family around. the kids went to best private school in town which was jam packed with the "AJEBOR KIDS" hence we area boy (not agberos) where forbidden to talk to them by their parents who saw us as good for nothing... they have a public tap poking out the fence that was almost as high as the walls of china... hence every morning and evening we would gather there fetching water to out various home...that then, was the only time we area kids saw these AJEBOR children as either the dad or mum was taking or bringing them back from school... we kids played all kinds of play from police and thief to tire convoy ride and even jean to jean sex (dry humping) luckily no one got pregnant.. smoking paper etc just teenagers being what we are... but one thing for sure we was 1000% street smart it was where we grew absolutely nothing was knew to us we know who hates us we know we really likes us during these our playing times this AJEBOR will come out the balcony watching us play street football.. we couldn't tell if they mocked us or where really intrested in playing but are too scared of they parents... fast forward 20 years later almost all of us street kids are in business some abraod and all doing well in our various endeavors...when we come home for Christmas its a carnival as we are successfully... i asked about the big man's children... i was told some are drug addicts as the dad died and the gates of freedom was thrown to them the only girl has kids with 3 different men...in Essence education is cool but we should understand that the school education is nothing without the street education as it takes positive and negative to produce light.. failure in a small scale should be advocated in our children's bring up so they know and can understand the aftermath of this at a young age. and not at an old age when almost all hope is gone and mistakes about life are not so little anymore....let your kids into the street under your watchful eye correcting every mistakes so they know Good an Bad..dont keep them like dogs who only are let loose at night and get very confused during the daylight.. If im wrong tell me.
Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Oldoinyolengai(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2020
I'm not sure enough to say about girls, but if a boy escape street life in his childhood, he is unlikely to become a man in the future.
Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2020
This is a wrong conclusion. You failed to highlight the other street kids who got pregnant and are not doing well. You seem to have isolated incidents and then decided to paint everything with a wide brush.
Infact, you and I know well street kids are more likely to end up as teenage mother's than their ajebo counterparts and often these kids "inherit" connections that make it easy for them to climb the financial ladder. Of course there are some exceptions, but that's the difference between you and I. I'm not painting with a wide brush.
Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by frozen70(f): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2020
It's good for our children to experience life in n both ways

The good ones leads you to success and the bad life leads you to failure

In all, you must have something to learn from all sides

Being a street child, gives you a better chance to experience life and helps to model you to understands that life in colourful pictures are different from life in realities

1 Like

Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Unnerve: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2020
If the parents of those kids from your childhood were fortunate enough, they should have sent the children to study in a foreign country immediately after their secondary education.
Let's see how the so-called street knowledge/education is so important. Lol

My point being, having/not having a street upbringing has no bearing on how anyone turns out in life.

The same streets also produced thugs, prostitutes, armed robbers, cultists, etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by LadySarah: 10:02am On Aug 06, 2020
A balance is good in whatever environment. Caging kids makes them inquisitive and when the gates of freedom are later opened the consequences migh not be good unless the kid is morally tight.

On the other hand the streets also have its disadvantage.

Balance. A little of this a little of that.
Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by CsRockefeller(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
I'm not sure enough to say about girls, but if a boy escape street life in his childhood, he is unlikely to become a man in the future.

You should try to change your environment.

There's nothing good about poverty.
Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Oldoinyolengai(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:

You should try to change your environment.

There's nothing good about poverty.
Street life doesn't equate poverty. Kids have to mingle and socialize with others regardless of their parent's economic situation....is it hard to know that poverty is a relative situation?

1 Like

Re: Should We Let Our Children Experience Failure by Bote3000(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
You are taking too far..we where not poor nor in poverty we went to good school but not as expensive as they did.but out parents let us play around ... no girl child girl got pregnant it was an estate not a slum

(1) (Reply)

Sold / MEDELA Advanced Personal Double Breast Pump For Sale @ Give Away Price / “Divorce Is Not The End Of Your Life” – Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.