Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? (63939 Views)

Some Commonly Mispronounced Words. / 21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / 10 More Pairs Of Commonly Confused Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by NewDelhi(m): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2020
OTayobami:

What are you on about mate?! Where did you read that? I've strolled through to see if anyone corrected you but i'm not seeing....there are no such animals called black panther? And you further went to say they are cougars with genetic disorder ffs. This is called:- misleading with confidence lol
Oga, there is no animal called black panther. They are mainly jaguars and leopards with melanin disorder.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You come off as someone who struggles to mind his business. Work on that and keep your psychoanalysis to your clients, they pay you. This is a wildlife thread, not your consultation room.

Thanks
and you just proved him right, lol
You could have just ignored him

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2020
SegFault:

I know many people who are old and still watch cartoons, although peeps of nowadays prefer anime(i only like Naruto, Tokyo Ghouls and Death Note), people still love cartoons, though I miss fairly odd parents.
Me too. I remember enjoying pinky and the brain, silver hawk, batman, superman, spiderman, Johnny bravo, fat dog mendoza, inspector gadget, fairly odd parents... Super Mario bros grin grin Fun times. Now I can't bring myself to watch TV.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by PrinceOfEast(m): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2020
Ningen:
So black panthers are actually jaugaurs and leopards and not like a real specie of a big cat??

But I thought.... And I watched...
Mehn I never knew but now I do. Interesting!!

@ur sig, it's;
Veni Vidi Vici.

Nice siggy tho wink
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:53am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:
Using size to differentiate a melanistic leopard from a melanistic jaguar (both black panthers), is not quite foolproof.

I'd rather use their tails, because a leopard's tail is almost as long as its body and very noticeable. The jaguar's tail is not as long as that of its cousin.

Meanwhile, can someone tell the difference between these two cats below?
With their specific names of course cheesy

First one is a lioness .. I don't know the second one sha
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by OTayobami(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2020
NewDelhi:

Oga, there is no animal called black panther. They are mainly jaguars and leopards with melanin disorder.

Baba shut up jare! the jaguars and leopards with black coats are panthers and cougars are wild domestic-like cats but bigger.

Dey mislead people with proper confidence dem still dey correct you, you dey form Prof. ekpane!

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2020
Kriss216:

This is exactly what he's talking about. embarassed
aswear fa
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t care what NL men are talking about, as long as they keep their bullshit far from me. kiss
this is not a gender thing, you're being told the truth, appreciate it
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by FlordFlorez(m): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2020
I seems not to be able to tell the difference between a coyote, fox, wolf and jackal. Though i understand the difference in their paw but their is always similar in my sight. I also understand that wolf is bigger than the rest.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by dallyemmy: 8:59am On Aug 07, 2020
Frog and Toad
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 9:02am On Aug 07, 2020
femi4:
Poco! grin
When is the next food thread jare

I haven’t been cooking much for some reasons. Once I get back to it, we would continue from where we stopped. grin
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Shivah: 9:03am On Aug 07, 2020
Very educative. Thanks OP
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by CaptainFM1: 9:05am On Aug 07, 2020
Alibaba (Jack Ma) Vs Alibaba (Comedian)
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Unnerve: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2020
omenka:
I'm a staunch wildlife enthusiast so I know some of these things. Lol.

It has always been my desire to go on a three days safari. The glitz and glamour of big cities don't even thrill me- would rather spend a week in Kruger National Park than in Dubai.

Maybe I'm a wierd person.
Nothing weird about it at all, I myself find animals thrilling.
I have an unhealthy obsession with wolves in particular borne from my growing up around and owning dogs.

I want to graduate to owning a wolf one day, a real wolf, not dog breeds looking like wolves embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by bgates: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2020
omenka:
I'm a staunch wildlife enthusiast so I know some of these things. Lol.

It has always been my desire to go on a three days safari. The glitz and glamour of big cities don't even thrill me- would rather spend a week in Kruger National Park than in Dubai.

Maybe I'm a wierd person.
-- check your thread on 20 members needed pls n update. Thanks @ omenka
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2020
dayveed1:
you know for many years now I have always thought Leopard is also the same animal as Jaguar. Thanks for the clarification but I still can't spot the difference.

Lol. Look at the first two images again. It takes some getting used to sha.

SilGent:

black jaguars have bigger heads.

True. It works for me...sometimes. grin

FuckHomophobes:

grin Chief Market spotted. If you're looking for any strange creature, just go there and you'll be amazed. Those peeps can sell any meat... Snake, monkey, anything. Mami water people

So I heard. Must be a shopping spot for babalawos, lol. I wouldn’t like to be there abeg. How person go kill crocodile chop? Eww!

favour32:

If a couple of animals can stay for about four years,some human couple cannot stay
up to 6 months....why?

I wish I know the answer to that. Maybe they have less distractions to deal with (e.g) social media.

2 Likes

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Pelecius: 9:09am On Aug 07, 2020
Grandmeister:
Seals and walruses
Dolphins and porpoises
Antelopes and gazelle
Rabbit and hare
Squids and octopuses
Foxes and coyotes
Pangolins and armadillo
Pythons and boas
Butterflies and moths
Yeah cheesy
I don't think I even know pangolins anyway but I recognize and can distinguish others
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by cray91(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2020
Nice talks! nothing dey yankee. you be real gee. na make money dey make person dey travel go flex there few days or weeks and comot sharp sharp. no time
Millennialaku:

grin grin my gee
yankee no dey trip me at all, i wanna live and die in africa kiss ....highest na to go there for holiday

i have been busy with udemy courses

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by debbleopto: 9:12am On Aug 07, 2020
squash47:
You're a very intelligent lady Sha...but u get wahala

if you watched pocohantas cartoon, the girl gave her village wahala

grin
squash47:

2 Likes

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2020
omenka:
So someone can not play with you small agen? Is this how you use to do? grin cheesy

They are all up in my face with how they think I should behave. The NL guys calling Nigerian girls olosho and borehole pussy upandan are not frustrated. You don’t ever see them quote those ones, but once it is a female, they’ll jump out with useless advice. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Jerryolumide(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You don’t tell me what I “could have” done. Na you buy phone/data give me? You both could have just ignored me. Get over yourselves!

I haven’t been cooking much for some reasons. Once I get back to it, we would continue from where we stopped. grin
Eyah
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by debbleopto: 9:13am On Aug 07, 2020
squash47:

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by explosiveskull(m): 9:14am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:

Lol, good eye.
Hope you didn't cheat by doing a reverse image search on Google? grin
You should know that someone who is this close to animals shouldn't be joking with topics like this especially the cat family.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by DICKstractor: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2020
Sacrosanct12:
salivating already here, but wait you wan chop tortoise?
It shell will make a nice plate with its flesh inside
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Chirowman(m): 9:15am On Aug 07, 2020
very very informative thread kudos .
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

I am 38 going on 39. I have some memory of Power Rangers, Silver Hawks, Dodo The Kid From Outer Space... etc

I don’t know this particular one.

I watch cartoons, just watched Paw Patrol, lol. I don’t watch much TV generally sha.

You are really forming evening newspaper because Nl boys thought you're one.

You're not 38. tongue
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by professore(m): 9:18am On Aug 07, 2020
Good one
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by DICKstractor: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2020
Karlifate:

Right...
I heard a funny story sometimes ago, that it was the tears shed by the cheetah that dried on its face.
That must be premium ledger tears
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Unnerve: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2020
explosiveskull:

You should know that someone who is this close to animals shouldn't be joking with topics like this especially the cat family.
Wow, lovely. I will be careful next time cheesy
Beautiful cats
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by JasonBoss: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:
Using size to differentiate a melanistic leopard from a melanistic jaguar (both black panthers), is not quite foolproof.

I'd rather use their tails, because a leopard's tail is almost as long as its body and very noticeable. The jaguar's tail is not as long as that of its cousin.

Meanwhile, can someone tell the difference between these two cats below?
With their specific names of course cheesy

picture 1 is a lioness mostly found in Africa

picture 2 is a cougar aka mountain lion in America and Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Skepticus: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2020
LordofNaija:

Very enlightening post from an intelligent lady no doubt, but work on your attitude as you most times come of as a frustrated person. I'm a social psychologist and I am talking from the point of knowledge

grin grin
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Bee2020(m): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Millennialaku:
that bison reminds me of appa. of course the "indomie generation" will not understand me grin
in Aang's voice 'appa hip hip'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UK-Based Nigerian Took Aboniki To School, Classmates Use It On Their Eye (Video) / 2012/2013 U.t.m.e(jambite),federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State. / Ogun SS2 Student Finds Purse Filled With Cash On Her Way Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.