Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? (63953 Views)

Some Commonly Mispronounced Words. / 21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / 10 More Pairs Of Commonly Confused Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by youngdabold19: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

The last airbender.

A cartoon where the main character, an air bender, has a Bison named Appa. However, his bison has a white wooly coat.

Just juggled my memory,AVATAR
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:

How can she be your mum? Black man and their warped mentality. That's why its not good to reveal ones age at times because of local mentality like yours.

You could have simply shrugged and moved on instead of that silly comment.

Your mum kor. Rubbish!
Just look at this foolish slowpoke that is incapable of understanding anything. I mean that she could give birth to me because she's way older than me, who gave birth to you with such stupidity? Black man mentality my foot. A useless slowpoke, your father should have bought a better condom instead of using leather, maybe we won't have seen such a mistake as you. Fool.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by chocboi78(m): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:
It took me some time to know the difference between these animals, especially crocodiles and alligators. In fact, I used to call it anyone that comes to mind first grin. Sometimes you have to use their habitat to identify them, but that is if you even know a lot about them...lol

Some belong to the same family, some are not in any way related, but they have somehow succeeded in confusing lots of people.

Here is my list of some commonly confused animals and basic ways to distinguish them.

nice thread

butterfly nd moth

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 07, 2020
SegFault:

Just look at this foolish slowpoke that is incapable of understanding anything. I mean that she could give birth to me because she's way older than me, who gave birth to you with such stupidity? Black man mentality my foot. A useless slowpoke, your father should have bought a better condom instead of using leather, maybe we won't have seen such a mistake as you. Fool.

Thank God. You just displayed the kind of upbringing you have.

So many bobo generation on this forum.
Noted.

I think seu.n should create a "kiddies" section so everyone knows where they belong and stop crossing boundaries.

Sorry kiddo. Can't help ya. I bet Seu.n gotchya for the kiddo section wink

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:

Noted.

I think seu.n should create a "kiddies" section so everyone knows where they belong and stop crossing boundaries.

Look at who is calling someone a kiddie and talking about upbringing, go and hassle your parents for giving birth to a minus one like you ode.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Oseniade(m): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:
Using size to differentiate a melanistic leopard from a melanistic jaguar (both black panthers), is not quite foolproof.

I'd rather use their tails, because a leopard's tail is almost as long as its body and very noticeable. The jaguar's tail is not as long as that of its cousin.

Meanwhile, can someone tell the difference between these two cats below?
With their specific names of course cheesy

The first one is a lioness while the second is a puma(also called mountain lion; quite common in North America)

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Origin(f): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2020
Had to login to show appreciation. This thread is good.

Please add more.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by OlawaleBammie: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. What uproots groundnut? Hare? Rabbit? I thought it is squirrels that eat nuts.

Squirrel wey dey ground Na,

Ukun: ground one

Okere: tree one.

both get a white straight line/pattern for both side, their tail are blessed with fuller fur.

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by OlawaleBammie: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:

Noted.

guy U shouldn't have said wat u said earlier na, its too insulting.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

guy U shouldn't have said wat u said earlier na, its too insulting.

Where did I insult her. I was just generalizing on the African mentality. Simple! Let her Learn how to talk or address people politely.

Someone told you her age and the next thing you'll say is " you could have delivered me" like seriously that was totally uneccessary. It that mentality I'm advising against. I dont have anything against her.

Peace.

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by jornwhite: 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Now the problem is no more that it is copy and paste, but the topic can be found online?lol!

I own the thread and the work. Almost every topic can be found online as there are various humans thinking of these things at the same time. No one has monopoly of that thought.

I am sure you won’t be having a cardiac arrest if it were a topic on sex styles, notwithstanding that various people have created such. PffttT grin

must it be a problem, i only corrected your notion on plagiarizing, its beyond copy & paste. check d definition.
thread is yours no doubt grin about d work i think am clear enough on that. no one has monopoly of thot was what necessiated "patent" & "copyright" wink ole everywhere.
You know when it comes to romances you do me sumtin a carton of vaigra won't solve undecided undecided kudos 4 d thread sha !
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by simplyshade: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Wow! Quite educative.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

The last airbender.

A cartoon where the main character, an air bender, has a Bison named Appa. However, his bison has a white wooly coat.
'flying' bison wink

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Futurejoy(f): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:
1— Leopard and Jaguar

Pic 1: Leopard
Pic 2: Jaguar

Pic 3: Black panther and his leopardess spouse. An article I read said they have been together for 4yrs. Some of you can’t even stay 1yr grin.

Pic 4: What is happening here?
I don’t like the fourth picture of the black panther and the leopard...they are committing fornication grin
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by schurley(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
Grandmeister:
Seals and walruses Dolphins and porpoises Antelopes and gazelle Rabbit and hare Squids and octopuses Foxes and coyotes Pangolins and armadillo Pythons and boas Butterflies and moths
Can you attach pictures plz
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. What uproots groundnut? Hare? Rabbit? I thought it is squirrels that eat nuts.

Nawa. All of them na bush meat. cheesy
Sure
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by kurlz(f): 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2020
Karlifate:

The spots on their bodies are not the same.
Sometimes, I check their tails... The leopard has smaller, fainter & scattered spots at its tail while the jaguar has bolder & closer spots at its tail.

I hear o.
Maybe I should use glasses.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by pocohantas(f): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2020
Futurejoy:

I don’t like the fourth picture of the black panther and the leopard...they are committing fornication grin

Lol. I don’t too, but they might be married.

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by schurley(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
Origin:
Had to login to show appreciation. This thread is good.

Please add more.

Nice job op

Seconded with a bottle of 1 keg of palm oil
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Liposure: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
Futurejoy:

its allowed
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by asobo: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:
5— Porcupine and Hedgehog

Pic 1: Porcupine
Pic 2: Hedgehog
Pic 3: Leopard taking a chance with a porcupine, what do you think happens next?

Frog and Toad
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
schurley:

Can you attach pictures plz
Picture 1 is a walrus
Picture 2 is a seal

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a dolphin
2 is a porpoise

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a squid
2 is an octopus

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is fox
2 is a coyote

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a pangolin
2 is an armadillo

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is an anteater
2 is an aardvark

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a butterfly
2 is a moth

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a badger
2 is a skunk

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by jornwhite: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:
[s][/s]

Please rest. I guess all my food threads are also plagiarized. After all, I am not the first person to cook jollof rice. Mtcheeew.

Lol. I don’t too, but they might be married.

LOLzz ! admitting is like letting your fans down grin bringing up jollof tin was actually lame,... lets not bring up things that might gimme appetite dysfunction. undecided
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a meerkat
2 is a mongoose

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Grandmeister(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
1 is a gazelle
2 is an antelope...they are closely related but gazelles are smaller,lighter and more fleet footed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

UK-Based Nigerian Took Aboniki To School, Classmates Use It On Their Eye (Video) / 2012/2013 U.t.m.e(jambite),federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State. / Ogun SS2 Student Finds Purse Filled With Cash On Her Way Home