Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? (63802 Views)

Some Commonly Mispronounced Words. / 21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. / 10 More Pairs Of Commonly Confused Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Karlifate: 8:03am On Aug 07, 2020
Mtola8:

Only someone ignorant will be confused at such. Leopard and jaguar might be hard to differentiate but cheetah is the easiest and very different. The legs gives it away easily.
You're right.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Karlifate: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2020
OTayobami:

Whether cheetah o or jaguar or leopard, wetin we sha know be say the three go use person do dinner by the time you stand say you wan differentiate

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Tbozun: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:
3— Alligator and Crocodile

Pic 1: Crocodile
Pic 2: Alligator (Alligators are darker)
Pic 3: Boss moves
Pic 4: Somewhere in Epe, Lagos, Nigeria. Some people see premium meat, some Himalayan Birkin...conservationists would be enraged.
That somewhere in Epe is probably Oluwo(Chief)market the town's main fish/animal market.

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by bewla(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2020
dangermouse:
Nice and educative. Not bobrisky and bbnaija shit. Kudos bae!
Bulawayo thing
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2020
That is not Jaguar. That is buffalo.
pocohantas:
It took me some time to know the difference between these animals, especially crocodiles and alligators. In fact, I used to call it anyone that comes to mind first grin. Sometimes you have to use their habitat to identify them, but that is if you even know a lot about them...lol

Some belong to the same family, some are not in any way related, but they have somehow succeeded in confusing lots of people.

Here is my list of some commonly confused animals and basic ways to distinguish them.

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by OTayobami(m): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=Karlifate post=92543994][/quote]

Yes na! Very aggressive! Very very aggressive! Mostly the females
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Clinghton: 8:15am On Aug 07, 2020
I taught black panther is a myth
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Dizzyrascal(m): 8:17am On Aug 07, 2020
Millennialaku:

grin grin my gee
yankee no dey trip me at all, i wanna live and die in africa kiss ....highest na to go there for holiday

i have been busy with udemy courses
for this statement you deserve a cold beer. All this talk about Yankee always makes me sick, it good to know that there are people out there who want self improvement without running away.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by omenka(m): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You come off as someone who struggles to mind his business. Work on that and keep your psychoanalysis to your clients, they pay you. This is a wildlife thread, not your consultation room.

Thanks
So someone can not play with you small agen? Is this how you use to do? grin cheesy
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by arcdone(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

That black line on the cheetah’s face is an easy expo for many people now. Once they figure that one out, they are okay. Na the jaguar and leopard still dey disturb many people.

Yes they are jaguars and leopards. There is no real/separate specie of big cats called black panther. You are welcome.
Oook..but if so, what emanates black panther sir?
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Olajide714: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2020
. If you are interested WhatsApp
�����

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by omenka(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:
Using size to differentiate a melanistic leopard from a melanistic jaguar (both black panthers), is not quite foolproof.

I'd rather use their tails, because a leopard's tail is almost as long as its body and very noticeable. The jaguar's tail is not as long as that of its cousin.

Meanwhile, can someone tell the difference between these two cats below?
With their specific names of course cheesy
One is a lion (the type you have in Kruger national park or the Serengeti), while the other is a Mountain Lion.

You can tell them apart mostly by their habitat and the mountain lion is a bit more furry while the males have no manes unlike their Lion cousins.

Right?

Pocohantas, how would you like a safari in SA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Ogalanyachieze: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You come off as someone who struggles to mind his business. Work on that and keep your psychoanalysis to your clients, they pay you. This is a wildlife thread, not your consultation room.

Thanks
that was epic. And to you LordoNaija become entangled with a more powerfull opponent in the arena and you are dead again
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by purleesh(f): 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks

gringringrin
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by FlordFlorez(m): 8:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:
Using size to differentiate a melanistic leopard from a melanistic jaguar (both black panthers), is not quite foolproof.

I'd rather use their tails, because a leopard's tail is almost as long as its body and very noticeable. The jaguar's tail is not as long as that of its cousin.

The first pic is lioness while the second is mountain lion or cougar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Millennialaku:
that bison reminds me of appa. of course the "indomie generation" will not understand me grin

It's actually indomie generation that will know APPA. Avatar : The Last Airbender was really a series !

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
for this statement you deserve a cold beer. All this talk about Yankee always makes me sick, it good to know that there are people out there who want self improvement without running away.
hey boy what's up? Hope you are fine.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by omenka(m): 8:30am On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:

Their entanglement is very uncomplicated grin
Reminds me of Laycon. Let's always keep him in our prayers.

I wonder what sort of *..ship* or *..ment* he is engaged in. cheesy
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by dejavubobo1(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Only Marvel can tell... grin I don’t wanna say one thing and they will say another.

Goose & Duck.
Fox & wolves & dogs
Rat & mice.
I relatively mix them up. There's this animal that looks like a donkey & camel combined too. I think llama is the name.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Unnerve: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2020
omenka:
One is a lion (the type you have in Kruger national park or the Serengeti), while the other is a Mountain Lion.

You can tell them apart mostly by their habitat and the mountain lion is a bit more furry while the males have no manes unlike their Lion cousins.

Right?
So right, lol.

I honestly thought this would be harder for most people. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Seventy7kings: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2020
Breaking!: Pocohantas is now my crush grin
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Unnerve: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2020
FlordFlorez:

The first pic is lioness while the second is mountain lion or cougar
Correct
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by OTayobami(m): 8:34am On Aug 07, 2020
NewDelhi:

There's no such animal called black panther. They are usually cougars with a genetic disorder.

What are you on about mate?! Where did you read that? I've strolled through to see if anyone corrected you but i'm not seeing....there are no such animals called black panther? And you further went to say they are cougars with genetic disorder ffs. This is called:- misleading with confidence lol
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by omenka(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:

So right, lol.

I honestly thought this would be harder for most people. cheesy
I'm a staunch wildlife enthusiast so I know some of these things. Lol.

It has always been my desire to go on a three days safari. The glitz and glamour of big cities don't even thrill me- would rather spend a week in Kruger National Park than in Dubai.

Maybe I'm a wierd person.

1 Like

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by dayveed1(m): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2020
pocohantas:

That black line on the cheetah’s face is an easy expo for many people now. Once they figure that one out, they are okay. Na the jaguar and leopard still dey disturb many people.

Yes they are jaguars and leopards. There is no real/separate specie of big cats called black panther. You are welcome.
you know for many years now I have always thought Leopard is also the same animal as Jaguar. Thanks for the clarification but I still can't spot the difference.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Germi9: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2020
what about the Cheetah?between the cheetah, jaguar and leopard is the pattern of spots present in the body of them respectively
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by Perceptor(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Unnerve:

The one above is Lioness, the one below is cougar also called puma or mountain lion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by AleksAndria: 8:45am On Aug 07, 2020
dayveed1:
you know for many years now I have always thought Leopard is also the same animal as Jaguar. Thanks for the clarification but I still can't spot the difference.

A Jaguar and Leopard both have rosettes but, a Jaguar's rosettes have spots in them. Go check again, you'll see.
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2020
THANKS OP.
I WAS ALSO EXPECTING SOME DIFFERNCES BETWEEN PUMA AND THE BLACK PANTHER
BOA CONSTRICTOR AND PYTHON,
CIVET AND HYENA
DIFFERENTIATION AMONG THE APES ETC
Re: Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? by AleksAndria: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2020
Perceptor:

The one above is Lioness, the one below is cougar also called puma or mountain lion.

Exactly, they go by different names depending on geographical location but they're all the same cat. Some people call it Panther.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

No Bra, No Entry - Delta Poly Lecturer Chases Defaulters From Class / I Finally Signed Out At 42 / Musa Sani, Boy Who Built A Replica Of Overhead Kano Bridge Gets US Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.