Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? (41271 Views)

In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High / Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:
600-1,000 Naira every month for your personal hygiene is not a lot.

I guess what the op is trying to say is that not everyone can afford it. Are you aware that some girls, especially in rural dwellings, can't afford sanitary towels? They make do with rags which exposes them to infections.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Reucy(f): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

My girlfriend always use one for all the whole 4-5 days

Sometimes she do wash and keep it for another menstrual cycle next month

Wash and keep for another menstrual cycle? that's not hygienic. What kind of boyfriend are you then?
you should be covering your face in shame.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
ume1000:
help her to buy sanitary pad because na Im born am

No offense intended but you sound like a pussy slave

I'm sure she gives him sex since he knows the number of sanitary pads she uses every month.

What is wrong with Nigerian men? A responsible guy won't tell the whole world that his girlfriend washes her sanitary pads so she can reuse them. If you don't see anything wrong with that, you are just as irresponsible.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
Focusmind:
I feel for young girls from poor homes. Things that are supposed to be of necessity. Don't be surprise that some can't even afford tissue paper for their cycle.

There are some ghettos you see and you imagine the kind of hygiene and sanitation they will apply in their toilets. Young and adolescent girls suffers a lot in that kind of places.

One international NGO invited me to be part of team to carry out evaluation work on the effect of poverty and conflict on adolescent girls. But the location of the assignment made me not to participate even though the pay was ok.

Girls from poor background deserves monetary or in kind assistant in seeing off their cycles. Just to mention, when I was in Scotland, there was an NGO called "Capability Scotland". They support young poor girls and physically challenged adults with vouchers that they could use to buy sanitary pads and tissue paper at Tesco supermarket. The voucher can't be used to buy any other thing in the supermarket except sanitary pads. I wished an NGO in Nigeria could copy this kind of assistance.

You are right my brother. Have you heard of YAHSII? Its an NGO that caters for issues like this.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by PrincessB1(f): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
Liposure:
Menstrual pain every month. Women are trying sha

Your comments are everywhere.

Dysmenorrhoea can't be every month tho.
Some month, the cramp might be intense while the next one will be free of cramp or less.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
Cladez:
Well you made a great write up and was passing information not until the end.....
what do you mean by

"" Condoms are shared free and are cheaper too and that's imbalace""

women always tend to use every opportunity to claim victim..... Condom was not made for men alone it was made to prevent pregnancy and disease for both genders.
Condoms are cheaper too because the cost of production is less when compared with a sanitary pad...

BE GUIDED.....

Condoms are distributed sometimes for free to prevent unwanted pregnancies and diseases. The same can go for sanitary towels. Women who do not practice good menstrual hygiene are exposed to infections and diseases too, which in the long run would result in ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages and even barrenness. Thus, it won't be a bad idea for sanitary towels to be provided for women, especially those in the rural settings to prevent deformative pregnancies, diseases and barrenness.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by ikeasogwa: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
Learn to cut costs. Stay indoors and manage the flow. Just 4-5 days. Or better still, consult me!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:

Don't mind them. Condoms that cost me about 2k and a packet can be used for only 3 rounds. Do they know how much we spend on condoms monthly? Rubbish

That is an avoidable cost, my brother. If you choose to practice abstinence, you won't spend a dime.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Oladoyinipede: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

it's not possible.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by zudozz: 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
d world is coming to an end sha.. ......Pad......used pad?!!!!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
Vibra:
8-10 packs of disposable pads
There are reusable pads though
The reusable pads are more economical eco friendly and hygienic

The major issue is access.
I know of a company in Minna producing it. But how can I buy pad of 800naira and delivery fee is 2,500 or 2000

O wrong na

Reusable sounds fair, but the idea of washing it and the stench is a No-No for me.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by kelish(f): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
naniawini:
I don't use pads anymore. I'm not always comfortable. I use cotton wool.

Cheap and comfy.

How?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Cocao(f): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

I dont want to understand. Thanks
Men Use Condoms more than women. Infact when one says condoms, the first thing that comes to mind is the male condoms. Since Its a woman thread why didn't she just make reference to "female condoms"?

Pants Are Worn By Both genders to cover the genitals, but what comes to mind when one says pants in Nigeria is lingerie.
Since Pants Are equally cheap like condoms, why didn't she compare pads with pants (lingeries) for instance? Must you always use the victim and marginalization card to garner sympathy?

Gosh. You are truly dense in the head. You don't want to understand and I don't want to bother.

Have a restful weekend

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

Wash pad and keep keh? Now you must be joking buy if you aren't then please tell her to stop that! It's unsafe as she can have germs up her vagina that way. She should not even use less than 2 in a day sef.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nicoddemus(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
Which kind wahala be this undecided

Wetin consign us with woman pampas for this front page
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
The rate at which the price of that thing is climbing eh? And for someone like me with heavy flow, ill use like one and a half to two packs if care is not taken. So I now improvised.

Ask me what I now use. I only use two a day ( on heavy days) and iys very economical and keeps you dry all day8)
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Hintona(f): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Elder0001:

@bolded.. Who told you condoms are free?

You people will just be making stupid gender comparisons everytime.

Condoms are free in my school's medical centre.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Elder0001:

@bolded.. Who told you condoms are free?

You people will just be making stupid gender comparisons everytime.

She isn't making gender comparison brah.
She is right. This days because of HIV education they're trying to give to the masses, on most occasions condoms are given free. If not when Always Ultra Pad producers go to these secondary schools for sensitization, when else do you see pads being shared for free?
I'd rather pads are given free to young teenage girls than for condoms to be given freely. Because, periods have been programmed to naturally occur every month.(the girl child can do nothing about it)
But a boy/man can decide whether or whether not to have sex. And in reality, most families and young girls cannot afford pad hence the use rags(which poses many health hazards to the girls concerned)

#Icomeinpeace

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Hintona(f): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?

Try virony, contains about 18 pieces and its price ranges from #750-#800.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

Ewwwwww!!! undecided shocked

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Pacesetter123(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
grin grin grin
UjuJoan2:
I don't even want to sit down and calculate how much I spend on pads monthly. I buy in bags directly from Always distributors.

I reckon that by the time my girls hit puberty I will be manufacturing pads myself. embarassed
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Juliearth:

Condoms are distributed sometimes for free to prevent unwanted pregnancies and diseases. The same can go for sanitary towels. Women who do not practice good menstrual hygiene are exposed to infections and diseases too, which in the long run would result in ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages and even barrenness. Thus, it won't be a bad idea for sanitary towels to be provided for women, especially those in the rural settings to prevent deformative pregnancies, diseases and barrenness.

Condoms are distributed in the first place because they are relatively cheap compared pads. We are in an Era of feminism and Equality, so why shouldn't condoms be distributed free of charge especially since they're for d benefit of both genders? Why should we be prioritizing d menstrual flow of women since we are all equal? so women cant even stand up to the responsibilities of womanhood & they're chasing equality everywhere. How did our mothers manage their flows?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Investnownow: 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Well,I think it's harder to be a woman but you can unleash the boss chick in you when you buy into this project now now.Watch your Returns on investment grow and bring you a lifetime of happiness and wealth.
Buy into this project now now:

*MINT TOWN*
*Do you know you can own 6plots of land(1acre) in the New Ibadan today?*

Mint Town positions you for strategic opportunities with the massive economic and governmental driven projects in the most desirable and developing location in Ibadan. ALABATA is simply the Ibeju-Lekki of Ibadan!

*ALABATA* is home to
* Ibadan Inland Dry Port
* Lagos-Ibadan Train Terminal
* Industrial Warehouses
* Huge Number of Residential Estates
and more

Land appreciation in this environment will increase by over 200% by the end of 2020.

*Alabata is undoubtedly the best real estate investment location in Ibadan currently.*

*Location*
Located at
Alabata community, between the under reconstruction Moniya-Iseyin road. Less than 15minutes drive from the 70% completed Ibadan Inland Dry Port and the Ibadan Train Terminal, by Alabata, Ibadan.

*Shares neighborhood with;*
* Glory Estate
* Holland Park Estate
* Nigeria Civil Defence Estate
* Kunle Ara Pharmaceutical Store etc

*Title:* Registered Survey and Deed of Assignment

*Size:* 1 acre (6 plots)
*Original Price:* ~3M per acre~
*Promo Price:* 2.4M per acre, outright payment

*Up to 6 months installment plan available*

*Reserve an acre now with just an initial deposit of N500k*

For enquiries, details, inspection and purchase, WhatsApp/call me on
__09064251486__
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by angelfallz(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?

This foolishness has to stop. What is the link between Condoms and sanitary pads?

You can ask for subsidy on sanitary pads without trying to equate it to sex and the subsidy condoms.

What the subsidy of condoms is trying to protect is the spread of deadly diseases.

Yes, sex is a choice, but please don't pretend that everyone in this world has control over his konji. I just came out of a thread where the guy had unprotected sex with a lady, who already warned him that she was treating an infection.

Subsidising condoms is to make it cheap and attractive to everyone and prevent the spread of diseases. Even with that someone people don't want to hear word.

If you're look for sanitary pad subsidy ask for it without equating it sex and condoms. It is just foolish when you do so.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by UDUJ(m): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Juliearth:

That is an avoidable cost, my brother. If you choose to practice abstinence, you won't spent a dime.

My sister abstinence is difficult o undecided But I try as much as possible to be faithful to just one partner. I am trying cool
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by UjuJoan2: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ishilove:

Makes sense.

When your girls hit puberty go and buy shares from the company grin

No be small oh cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by MorningStar233: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
12 most times cos I change frequently to avoid bar odour
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by walkwithgod(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Why did she have to compare pads with condoms if she wasn't hyping the menstrual flow. The menstrual flow is a woman thing, u'all should manage your wahala in peace and stop trying to make everything look like a gender war. No single sympathy from me because Before the internet age our mothers have been managing their flow in peace without having to rub it on our faces to garner sympathy. If you're tired of being a woman then you can be become transgendered

lol, I just tire. You hate being a woman so much why don't you save up money that you would have used to buy pads and do a surgery to become a tranny.

Women wanting to be men with all privileges intact. That's just pure witchcraft.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by BlackFlamefromP: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
Sorry I'm a man. I'm just here to read about what women goes through every month and how they take care of themselves cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
Juliearth:

That is an avoidable cost, my brother. If you choose to practice abstinence, you won't spent a dime.

Spare us the crap. The use of pads is an avoidable cost if women learn to cut their cloth according to their size. Our Mothers did not use pads and they were still healthy..

we can now see your feminism charade for what it is. it is selective, hypocrital and discriminatory. you want to be unequal, equal and superior when you wish. So the government should be subsidizing pads for women on what basis exactly? That they subsidize loans or houserents for Men?
It is your responsibilities to use pads. Dont Make it seem like its the responsibilties of Men, the government or charity organisations. U'all should stop crying foul and stand up to your responsibilities
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Asadujames202(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kittex7:
She always prepare her mind to use 15...lol

Don't let me hear condom from your mouth again

Concern with your concerns jhor and let we men concern with our concerns

Lol

She should use super glue
and plug up the hole

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. / Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Trigger Immune Response, UK Orders 100 Million Doses / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.