Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? (41217 Views)

In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High / Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Cocao:

I fail to see the hype there. The op is talking about how to manage your cycle, which is a perfectly natural phenomenon. If you don't have what to contribute, just keep quiet

Why did she have to compare pads with condoms if she wasn't hyping the menstrual flow. The menstrual flow is a woman thing, u'all should manage your wahala in peace and stop trying to make everything look like a gender war. No single sympathy from me because Before the internet age our mothers have been managing their flow in peace without having to rub it on our faces to garner sympathy. If you're tired of being a woman then you can be become transgendered

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Liposure: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Fokosobo:

Girls no too plenty for nairaland. about 80% are guys while the remaining 20% consist of 5% fake female monikers (guys posing as females).
lol
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Ibrahiimo(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Nuttella:
Piss off, this is a woman's thread angry. What the hell are you doing here?
Okay!!

Make i dey GO na!!!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by folake4u(f): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2020
Yonce:

Girrrrl periods are so unnecessary. The cramps, the mood swings, the cravings. cry
Why can't Mother nature send us letters; "Girl, you're not pregnant this month. Will write you next month, stay safe"

I swear down grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2020
Slimranky:

Thank you dear, May God bless you and your man because when both couples are blessed there is a happy home...But sincerely few day's I was thinking about same thing especially during this hard times of covid 19

Most girls and ladies are not working some of them are depending on their single parents to survive and some of these single parents are private workers or private teacher's that have not been paid for month's

"How do these young girls manage to get 600_1k monthly for pad's
??
Sincerely If I get married
I would be stocking my home with carton's of always pad's same way i would be stocking my kitchen with food stuffs

All these buy buy 600 to 1k monthly is expensive, what if you don't have the money ATM?
Its not easy, I feel sanitary pad should be given to ladies free of charge or better still be sold at a subsidized rate, when I was in secondary school, we were given free sanitary pad then, I do stock them up till I finally started seeing my period. That is how it should be, it will shock you to know that some ladies use rag as pad just because they can't afford the high cost of buying a sanitary pad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Alwaysachick: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
6 - 7 pads got the highest number here, well me I always use 9 and 2 pantiliners.

Thank God pad still remains one of the cheapest female toiletry.The average price since my teenage age to adult hood is 250naira that is relatively cheap compared to the nightmare of missing your period or buying postinor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Liposure: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
Menstrual pain every month. Women are trying sha
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by dapadawee: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
Yahoo + w why you wan know
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by ukaface(f): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
naniawini:
it doesn't... It doesn't even leak, u can jump, lie down the way u like unlike pads.
ok

You're pulling my legs, I gerrit
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Cocao(f): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Why did she have to compare pads with condoms if she wasn't hyping the menstrual flow. The menstrual flow is a woman thing, u'all should manage your wahala in peace and stop trying to make everything look like a gender war. No single sympathy from me because Before the internet age our mothers have been managing their flow in peace without having to rub it on our faces to garner sympathy. If you're tired of being a woman then you can be become transgendered

In your small mind now condoms are only used by men on themselves. Women benefit from condom too. Abi a man will just sit down and wear condom before his boxers or what? There is no comparison here, she is simply pointing out another commodity that is commonly used but readily available.

I don't expect you to understand

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Liposure: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Alwaysachick:
6 - 7 pads got the highest number here, well me I always use 9 and 2 pantiliners.
nothing do you

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by GoldenStreaks: 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?

Sensible
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by naniawini(f): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nuttella:
I have heavy flow too but not that heavy, have you tried drylove pad? It's what I use, very comfy and stain free. I dont use Always, it feels like I'm wearing nylon and it makes noise, it also isn't absorbent enough.
never heard of it... Will look for it and give it a try
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimranky(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nuttella:
Its not easy, I feel sanitary pad should be given to ladies free of charge or better still be sold at a subsidized rate, when I was in secondary school, we were given free sanitary pad then, I do stock them up till I finally started seeing my period. That is how it should be, it will shock you to know that some ladies use rag as pad just because they can't afford the high cost of buying a sanitary pad.

Using rags is not really hygienic and could lead to complications in pregnancy subsequently it could cause PCOD I used to have a white female lady in USA that's still suffering from PCOD this make's her have miscarriages when pregnant and causes severe pains during monthly menses,
I really wish the fed govt would give out sanitary pads as covid 19 palliatives to these young girls out there that can't afford to buy always pad's ATM
And if you're Man here but your wife can't afford to buy pad for her monthly menses
You're a disgrace to manhood...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Yonce(f): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jack005:
Women are really trying. I usually get irritated by
the word women menstrual cycle. Whenever my ex is experiencing hers,i usually avoid her like a plague .

Wow.
And I know men who order period packages for their significant others occasionally.
Hampers filled with chocolate, hot compress, pads/tampons, wine, cookies and even NSAIDs for the cramps.

Some men are really kings amongst their peers. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2020
onyxo76:
how is this so important to be on front page? is there nothing more worthwhile to discuss?

the thing nor tire you?

Cant you see where this is going? we'll soon have a MOD for women affairs on Nairaland or a Minister for Menstrual cycle affairs in Nigeria. The same people abusing the term feminism on twitter are the ones coming to nairaland to garner sympathy on what should be their own problems. What is our business with menstrual cycle flow and Pads? Why Cant Those idiots constituting Nuisance on cyberspace all in the name of feminism establish a charity pad making factory and foundations that can sell pads at cheaper prices or subsidize them for their fellow women. They shout equality but cant even help themselves, they need to cry wolf to garner sympathy from the male gender. Nonesense
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2020
naniawini:
never heard of it... Will look for it and give it a try
Sure.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by anjilgreat(f): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Vibra:
8-10 packs of disposable pads
There are reusable pads though
The reusable pads are more economical eco friendly and hygienic

The major issue is access.
I know of a company in Minna producing it. But how can I buy pad of 800naira and delivery fee is 2,500 or 2000

O wrong na

Good day, pls can you share more details about this company and their products. I'll like to contact them for wholesale supply and distribution. Thanks
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Pacesetter123(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:
600-1,000 Naira every month for your personal hygiene is not a lot.
It is.Like she asked "How many teenage girls can afford that"?
Truly speaking,in our today's economy,hw many girls or parents can afford that for their young female children?So some international bodies like USAID,or even Fed. Ministry health should, upon once a time,distribute free sanitary pads to girls in vulnerable household for good personal hygiene.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Liposure: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
akure1stson:
and some guys go still put mouth and lick that bleeding hole
lol. Its edible now
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by pocohantas(f): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2020
Yonce:

Wow.
And I know men who order period packages for their significant others occasionally.
Hampers filled with chocolate, hot compress, pads/tampons, wine, cookies and even NSAIDs for the cramps.

Men dey different types sha. If you know, you know... Not all this “What colour of pant are you wearing now?”

grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Reucy(f): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
mayklef:
the way this other gender over hype this cycle of thing sef....

You're saying this because you're not other gender, I bet you would have understood better if you were.

Think about the pain, the inconvenience, mood swing, sometimes the embarrassment that goes with it, I mean in cases of stains. We ain't hyping it dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Saintmary(f): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Always was my brand up til early this year and I used at least 10 in a month. But then sometime early this year the Always two in one pack Always was no longer enough. The first day I might use two but day two being the heavy flow day I might use upto five in the day and two in the night. But as time went by, I noticed that always is not longer as good as it use to be before. And it's getting too expensive too. I started using virony which is 28 in a pack. And I use one pack for two months. If I'm not going out during the heavy flow day, I use less but if I'm going out, I use more.
I can't wait for someone to come up with a menstrual remote that will confront the period so that we can only turn it on when we want if and off it at will. I would turn my own off till I'm ready to make babies cheesy
Urgggh. Always is my least favorite brand. Its only beauty is its packaging.
Virony is ok.
You don't want your period? Consider family planning methods, you won't see a drop till you're ready.
(consult your Doctor o)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Xbee007(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
PotatoSalad:

I like this girl for being comprehensive.
8,400 is relatively affordable judging that you ladies spend not less than 2500 on data every month to watch Instagram videos and still come to complain that pads are expensive.
2500 per month is 30k a year.
Little expenses add up over time lol
It is not necessarily about grown-up women. It is about menstruating young girls in whose parents can't afford to spend money sanitary pads.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Jack005(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
Yonce:

Wow.

people differ ma'm, although I hope I can also do such some day.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?

The number of sanitary towels i use depend on how often I pee during my cycle. My flow is not heavy, but I find it a bit irritating to continue usage after peeing. I wash up and wear a new towel. So minimum is a pack and half, max is two packs.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Gross. This period talk will forever makes guys uncomfortable. Ladies are trying sha.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by NaijaCover(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
pretydiva:
You wan buy box of sanitary pad for me undecided

We need to talk
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
Cocao:

In your small mind now condoms are only used by men on themselves. Women benefit from condom too. Abi a man will just sit down and wear condom before his boxers or what? There is no comparison here, she is simply pointing out another commodity that is commonly used but readily available.

I don't expect you to understand

I dont want to understand. Thanks
Men Use Condoms more than women. Infact when one says condoms, the first thing that comes to mind is the male condoms. Since Its a woman thread why didn't she just make reference to "female condoms"?

Pants Are Worn By Both genders to cover the genitals, but what comes to mind when one says pants in Nigeria is lingerie.
Since Pants Are equally cheap like condoms, why didn't she compare pads with pants (lingeries) for instance? Must you always use the victim and marginalization card to garner sympathy?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Liposure: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:

Don't mind them. Condoms that cost me about 2k and a packet can be used for only 3 rounds. Do they know how much we spend on condoms monthly? Rubbish
to have sex this days is getting expensive
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Pacesetter123(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
Denique:
Truth is, I hate blood! Urgh!
I start using it three days before my cycle as I can't stand the sight of blood in my panties...3*2=6
Then for the actual flow, I use 3 per day...let's say 8:00am-3pm, 3pm-10:30pm, 10:30pm-8:00am. Repeat the process for 3 days and 2 each for the next two days(19 pads in total). A total of 2 packs and my favourite brand is LADY CARE...anytime, anyday. Prices vary...between 300-350 per pack, that is 700 per month by 12 months= 8,400.

Add on: I tried Always(too long for me), Comfit( it felt too light and made me walk awkwardly) and a couple of other brands before settling for LADY CARE-the yellow type.
I believe this is one of the types of responses OP was looking for, not the ones some of our fellow guys are supplying.Quoting the write-up out of context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Nursing Student Slumps, Dies After Writing Test (Photo) / BBC Report : Breast Sucking Reduces Risk Of Breast Cancer / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.