Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,781 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting (2937 Views)

Aerial Footage Of Experience In Lagos Last Night (Photos ) / My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Samurai's Prophetic Thread. Drop A Post And I Will See A Vision For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2020
I remember praying to GOD concerning my excessive eating after becoming a born-again. HE took me up in spirit and showed me this: 〰 (a wave) passing across my face. I was told in spirt that I need to be light...that satan is keeping us heavy and weak in this world with too much food(bad food I suppose)
The most shocking thing about that experience is that I saw myself and other humans in something like balloons. It was as if I was told that our physical bodies on earth are not real.

3 Likes

Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Aug 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
I remember praying to GOD concerning my excessive eating after becoming a born-again. HE took me up in spirit and showed me this: 〰 (a wave) passing across my face. I was told in spirt that I need to be light...that satan is keeping us heavy and weak in this world with too much food(bad food I supposel
The most shocking thing about that experience is that I saw myself and other humans in something like balloons. It was as if I was told that our physical bodies on earth are not real.
Too much bad food? I can tell you right now that that wasn't of God at all. Why? Because below is what Jesus Christ said about what goes into your mouth...

Matthew 15 vs 10-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Jesus called the people to him. He said, “Listen and understand what I am saying.
11. It is not what people put in their mouth that makes them wrong.[c] It is what comes out of their mouth that makes them wrong.”
12. Then the followers came to Jesus and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees are upset about what you said?”
13. Jesus answered, “Every plant that my Father in heaven has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.
14. Stay away from the Pharisees. They lead the people, but they are like blind men leading other blind men. And if a blind man leads another blind man, both of them will fall into a ditch.”
15. Peter said, “Explain to us what you said earlier to the people.”
16. Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17. Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18. But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19. All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20. These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.”
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 6:34am On Aug 07, 2020
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 6:34am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Too much bad food? I can tell you right now that that wasn't of God at all. Why? Because below is what Jesus Christ said about what goes into your mouth...
Food does not make you a sinner.
Have you heard about defiled bread?
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:39am On Aug 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Food does not make you a sinner. Have you heard about defiled bread?
Actually, in the old testament days, there was a list of foods that were considered unclean. Leviticus 11 gives you a run down of some of the animals/insects that are considered unclean for eating
But Jesus explained that what you eat goes through your body and comes out the other end, so it is not BAD for you as it does not make you unclean.
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 6:42am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Actually, in the old testament days, there was a list of foods that were considered unclean. Leviticus 11 gives you a run down of some of the animals/insects that are considered unclean for eating
But Jesus explained that what you eat goes through your body and comes out the other end, so it is not BAD for you as it does not make you unclean.

Can you eat food mixed with synthetic chemicals?
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 6:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.
Ezekiel 4:13
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:58am On Aug 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.
Ezekiel 4:13
Well, in the gospel, Jesus Christ tells us that we, who are not under the Old covenant, can eat anything and it will not defile us.
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Can you eat food mixed with synthetic chemicals?
Jesus Christ did not say that when we eat ONLY food not mixed with synthetic chemicals... He referred to all foods in His allusion. So, yes, I do eat tons of processed foods and it is not what I eat that defiles me .
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by delkuf(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
I remember praying to GOD concerning my excessive eating after becoming a born-again. HE took me up in spirit and showed me this: 〰 (a wave) passing across my face. I was told in spirt that I need to be light...that satan is keeping us heavy and weak in this world with too much food(bad food I suppose)
sir, how do you think we you about this
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by delkuf(m): 8:20am On Aug 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Am having problem with this. On Wednesday I fasted and pray. It was a awesome time with God. But yesterday Thursday when I ate, I started finding it difficult to pray. In fact I struggled all through out yesterday. I don't want this. A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian. With the help of the Holy Spirit, am going to be checking how I eat

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 6:47am On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
Am having problem with this. On Wednesday I fasted and pray. It was a awesome time with God. But yesterday Thursday when I ate, I started finding it difficult to pray. In fact I struggled all through out yesterday. I don't want this. A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian. With the help of the Holy Spirit, am going to be checking how I eat
Same here.
If you must eat, eat healthy & moderately and you'll be fine with the help of GOD.
GOD bless!
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by judedwriter(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:

God created man essentially a spirit like Himself! The real you is not the physical body but the spiritual body. This is why overeating pulls down your spirit and makes it weak.
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Righteousness89(m): 7:35am On Aug 08, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

You are Right Bro!

This our body is a Great Deceiver!
This Flesh is a Great Deceiver!

It has Decieved so many and led them to Destruction!
This body and Flesh we see is nothing but a Container. It rottens! It perishes! It has no Eternal Value! It's a Deciever..

The Real Being of every human is not this flesh. Our real Being is our Soul. Unfortunately so many of us are Starving the Real Being and feeding the flesh!

I was once a Victim of that . It's no longer the same! Abba Father, has Seriously, Dealt with me on that .

So many are Starving the Real being ( the Spirit being) and it has its consequences!

May God Help us All

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by delkuf(m): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2020
judedwriter:

God created man essentially a spirit like Himself! The real you is not the physical body but the spiritual body. This is why overeating pulls down your spirit and makes it weak.
I wasn't even over eating. I ate normal on Thursday but I was struggling. but thank God for this thread, yesterday Friday I didn't eat until in the afternoon and it really helped.

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
judedwriter:
So, those who are overweight are spiritually weak? The kin thing people dey make up for here, ehn!
What does God say about the fasting that you do though? undecided

Isaiah 58 vs 3-5 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. They say, “We fast to show honor to you. Why don’t you see us? We starve our bodies to show honor to you. Why don’t you notice us?”
But God says, “You do things to please yourselves on those special days of fasting. And you punish your servants, not your own bodies.
4. You are hungry, but not for food. You are hungry for arguing and fighting, not for bread. You are hungry to hit people with your evil hands. This is not the way to fast if you want your prayers to be heard in heaven!
5. Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
This is what God says about the fasting that you do.... It is merely punishment of your body and has nothing to do with the spirit of man.

Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 8:30am On Aug 20, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
. ✔
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Daprinxy(m): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So, those who are overweight are spiritually weak? The kin thing people dey make up for here, ehn!
What does God say about the fasting that you do though? undecided

This is what God says about the fasting that you do.... It is merely punishment of your body and has nothing to do with the spirit of man.
my brother,you're making sense buh some little mistakes too....this world bergain two things entirely...eg good or bad,advantage OR disadvantage.. Cold OR hot..mortal OR immortal..human OR spirit..so in your own subject of analysis,you said that we do fasting to punish our flesh(body) and has nothing to do with the spirit and I ask you,why would you be punishing your body(flesh) if you ain't aiming in strengthening your spirit?you must punish one for the other one to take in charge and fasting and praying is or are one of the prerequisite in achieving such,via spiritual take over...and Jesus said again in the scripture that you must starve your body(flesh) to get what you want,in essence the ultimate and superior freedom,of which is life after death(Heaven)....I tell you all these from my experiences and from the experiences of others....hope I make sense to you brotherly.
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

..... .. ..... .
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 7:55am On Sep 08, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

.. .. ..
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
...... . . . .
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by Omokowa(m): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2020
The flesh must be suppressed to allow the spirit to gain full control. How do we achieve this? Through fasting... Although the spirit being is stronger but, gives you a choice to choose between the flesh uplifting or the spirit uplifting. You know the flesh will never allow you make a choice but always using you.

May God help us to grow spiritually than the flesh... Amen

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
..... .
.. .
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
..... ..
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 8:21am On Oct 14, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump..
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes3: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump... . .
Re: My Unforgettable Experience In A Vision Concerning Fasting by OpenYourEyes1: 8:02am On Nov 25, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump... . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is Good Friday / I Believe In A God: But Still Choosing Religions / God Received Power? The Trinity just Got Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.