Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,310 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) (7576 Views)

A 1963 Times Magazine Post About The Tribes And Former Three Regions Of Nigeria / Niger Delta Tribes: Open Letter To Mazi Nnamdi Kanu[photos ] / Fear Of Igbo Aggression Grips Niger Delta Tribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by ThatFairGuy: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
jayworld15:

You got it wrong. Anioma was coined when Delta State senatorial district started agitating for their state creation. In Anioma alone, there are from 8-11 ethnic groups including Ika, Olukumi, Bini, even Igbo. Get your fact right before posting.
Wow.
Cc nwanyiogwashi
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by SmartyPants(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Bini itself is Yoruba. Unless you want count Bini as foreigner.

lol...I hope you have time for a history lesson coz your own is deep.

Bini does not have a single trace of Yoruba.

Oral history posits that the people of igodomido were visited by a yoruba prince called oranmiyan whom they welcome and invited to rule over them.

However, these people were cantankerous and oranmiyan grew frustrated and left. That was the beginning and ending of yoruba influence in Benin and within the bini.

4 Likes

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Goldenfinger: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kriss216:
Niger Delta is PDP
PDP is Niger Delta.

Edo can never be Lagos.
We don't entertain cowardice in Niger Delta.
We are brave warriors.
We hate oppression and godfatherism hence we say shame on Ambode!
.u go suffer tay ooo

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Psalmy2cute(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I doubt there's Ijaw in Cross river

Why you come dey write igbo sub tribes as a tribe on their own?

What of Akoko in Edo?
the kalabari you see there is what??
maybe I will say anioma people are not igbo.. and ijebu people are not yoruba

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by nextdoor84(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
Coldie:
Theres no such thing as ndoki ndoni. Ndoki and ndoni have no relationship in anyway

Ignore the yeye Benin OP! He claims he's from Rivers and he seems not to know the difference between the two!
Shame!! You are nothing but a hopeless impostor. You can never be from Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Blackking98(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
nengibo:

And Ibeno , though they are mixed with Ibibio
Ibeno can't be counted as ijaw because the ibibio influence there overrides ijaw influence. I know ibeno peeps who speak only ibibio and answer ibibio names.
Is ifum udoh an ijaw name?
Check ibeno platforms on FB and you'll see most of them answering bassey,udoh,Edet,ekpo,etc and those are definitely not ijaw names.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Iamgrey5(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

the kalabari you see there is what??
maybe I will say anioma people are not igbo.. and ijebu people are not yoruba
kalabari is in Rivers bro

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by ayoola27: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
INDIGENOUS PEOPLES OF NIGER DELTA

POPULATION: 35 - MILLION

1). AKWA IBOM STATE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE:

A). IBIBIO

B). ANNANG

C). ORON

D). EFIK

E). IJAW (IZON)

F). EKET

G). OBOLO

RESOURCES

Sea Port & Air Port

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Crude Oil & Gas, Uranium, Lead/Zinc, Granite, Coal, Limestone, Glass Sand, Silica Sand, Salt, Kaolin, Lignite, Guarry Chipping, Etc.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS:

Cocoa, Rubber, Oil Palm, Fish, Rice,Maize, Cassava, Banana, Plantain, Ginger, Raffia Palm, Yam, Cocoyam, Vegetables, Fruits, Forest Reserve, Etc.

2). BAYELSA STATE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE

A). IJAW (IZON)

B). NEMBE

C). OGBIA

RESOURCES

Sea Port & Air Port

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Crude Oil & Gas, Uranium, Clay, Gypsum, Limestone, Manganese, Lignite, Lead/Zinc, Glass Sand, Gravel, Bamboo, Sand Stone, Etc.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS:

Fish, Oysters, Clams, Seafood, Rice, Cocoa, Sea Salt, Cassava, Oil Palm Produce, Plantain, Etc.

3). CROSS RIVER STATE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE

A). EFIK

B). EJAGHAM

C). YAKURR

D). IGEDE

E). UKELLE

F). BEKWARRA

G). BETTE

H). YALA

I). OGOJA

RESOURCES

Sea Port & Air Port

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Crude Oil & Gas, Uranium, Lead/Zinc, Salt, Limestone, Coal, Manganese, Tourmaline, Kaolin, Tin & Iron Ore, Mica, Sharp Sand, Quarry Chipping, Clay, Granite, Etc.

AGRO MATERIALS:

Oil Palm, Fish, Cocoa, Rice, Timber, Rubber, Palm Produce, Cassava, Poultry, Maize, Fruits, Vegetables, Etc.

4). DELTA STATE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE

A). IJAW (IZON)

B). URHOBO

C). ISOKO

D). ITSEKIRI

E). ANIOMA

RESOURCES

Sea Port & Air Port

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Crude Oil & Gas, Gold, Quartz, Marble, Iron Ore, Glass Sand, Gravel, Silica, Lignite, Spring Water, Sea Salt, Limetsone, Coal, Manganese, Mica, Ilmenite, Etc.

AGRO MATERIALS:

Cashew, Rubber, Timber, Fish, Cocoa, Poultry, Cattle, Palm Produce, Sugarcane, Pigs, Pear, Coconut, Groundnut, Oil Palm, Bamboo, Potato, Rice, Maize, Cassava, Yam, Plantain, Kolanut, Livestock, Etc.

5). EDO STATE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE

A). BINI (UBINU)

B). ESAN

C). OWAN

D). ETSAKO

E). IJAW (IZON)

RESOURCES

Sea Port & Air Port

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Crude Oil & Gas, Marble, Gold, Gypsum, Diorite, Lignite, Copper, Limestone, Ceremic Clay, Charnockite, Iron Ore, Phosphate, Bitumen, Etc.

AGRO MATERIALS:

Rubber, Timber, Cotton, Rice, Maize, Fish, Cocoa, Groundnut, Tobacco, Sugarcane, Banana, Citrus, Palm Produce, Etc.

6). RIVERS STATE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE

A). IKWERRE

B). KALABARI

C). OGONI

D). IBANI

E). ANDONI

F). OGBA

H). ELEME

I). EKPEYE

G). ABUA/ODUAL

J). ENGENNI

K). WAKIRIKE

L). ETCHE

M). NDOKI/NDONI

RESOURCES

Sea Port & Air Port

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Crude Oil & Gas, Marble, Lignite, Clay, Glass Sand, Sharp Sand, Limestone, Sandstone, Salt, Mica, Manganese, Etc.

AGRO MATERIALS:

Fish, Cocoa, Oil Palm, Timber, Rubber, Rice, Palm Produce, Poultry, Maize, Cassava, Fruits, Vegetables, Etc.

I don't know why y'all turned this into politics...

I believe that the wise ones will see opportunity in this and invest in natural resources...
Copper is used everywhere including our phones

I believe to establish my company of such in 6-10 years time....Nor be everything Una go dey complain abt government

4 Likes

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by ayoola27: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
SmartyPants:

Oral history posits that the people of igodomido were visited by a yoruba prince called oranmiyan whom they welcome and invited to rule over them.

However, these people were cantankerous and oranmiyan grew frustrated and left. That was the beginning and ending of yoruba influence in Benin and within the bini.
Boss..leave that guy...He is adamant and still refuses to leave his stupidity

Ask him to provide proof and hear him speak jargons

3 Likes

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by MetaPhysical: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
SmartyPants:

Ogiso itself were chiefs sent from Ife.

Anything South of Benue took its root in Ife....including Igbo.

CrossRiver and Akwa should have been in Cameroon because they are geneticcally non-Ife. Everything else in the South had footprint in Ife.

Dont make me throw the history book ar you. grin
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by ayoola27: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

CrossRiver and Akwa should have been in Cameroon because they are geneticcally non-Ife. Everything else in the South had footprint in Ife.

Oral history says that ogiso were the first ruling dynasty of Igodomigodo which was later named Benin
which meant kings of the sky
The First Ogiso was Ogiso Igodo
The last Ogiso was Ogiso Owodo...

Can u prove how ogiso were chiefs sent from Ife or u kindly shut the fvck up with ur BASELESS and USELESS claims

3 Likes

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by SmartyPants(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Do throw the history book at me...literally.

Provide an authoritative source for your assertions.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by xcon: 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
The anioma are broken down into different tribes eg Ukuwale, Ika tribe, abor, etc

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by xcon: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kriss216:

Aniomas are the Igbo tribe.
The animas are not Igbo they have their own different ethnic groups eg. Ukuwale , Ika ,Abo etc are recognised as different ethnic groups in Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by xcon: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
kingzizzy:
There is no tribe called Anioma
the anioma are group of ethnic groups eg Ukuwale, Ika,etc as recognised by Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by xcon: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Dedetwo:
The OP is one of reasons Nigeria remains a shithole. Niger Delta will never become a republic if Nigeria disintegrates today. The certain goons, who actually know where they belong, are readily expendable.
Why, if SE have right to be independent SS also have right to have their own country.

2 Likes

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by xcon: 6:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
Branzy:
Anioma is not a ethnic group
Yes but made up of different related ethnic groups. eg Ukuwale, Ika etc

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by nengibo: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Blackking98:

Ibeno can't be counted as ijaw because the ibibio influence there overrides ijaw influence. I know ibeno peeps who speak only ibibio and answer ibibio names.
Is ifum udoh an ijaw name?
Check ibeno platforms on FB and you'll see most of them answering bassey,udoh,Edet,ekpo,etc and those are definitely not ijaw names.
Yea, you're right in a way ,but ancestrally they are still Obolo

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Blackking98(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
nengibo:

Yea, you're right in a way ,but ancestrally they are still Obolo
Also their language is Abit mutually negligible with ibibio below
I don't know if their ancestry tho but if you say so ok. smiley

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Natziz: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=xcon post=92598180] the anioma are group of ethnic groups eg Ukuwale, Ika,etc as recognised by Nigerian constitution.[/quote

It is not ukuwale, but it is ukwuani or kwalle and one is categories as ndokwa. While the other is known as just ukwuani.
Obviously, you are not from Delta state.otherwise you would have known that these two clans are not grouped under anioma constituency but have their own L.G.A.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Obalatule: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Igbos are the great grand parents of yorubas, igalas, binis, and some of these small small SS tribes, Ooni of ife said it and your other Obas wanted to have him for dinner grin

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by IkwerrePikin: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
ayoola27:

I believe that the wise ones will see opportunity in this and invest in natural resources...

I believe to establish my company of such in 6-10 years time....Nor be everything Una go dey complain abt government

God bless you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Etinosa1234: 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
ayoola27:

U dey mind them...

Their own is to insult the country then run to other countries that always see opportunity instead of mistakes

Na why dem dey stop to dey give us visa
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by nengibo: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2020
Blackking98:

Also their language is Abit mutually negligible with ibibio below
I don't know if their ancestry tho but if you say so ok. smiley
Whats the source of the image , I'll like to read futher on it
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by thundafire: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Efik is not an Akwa ibom language,whtas hard in simple research it's only spoken in 5 local government areas(odukpani,Calabar south, Calabar municipal,bakassi and Akpabuyo in Crossriver state

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Jajaslim: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

How come you did not place any notable Anioma, Ikwerre, Ndoni, Ndoki, Egbema, Etche, Ekpeye, Asa man on those notes

Is there a ploy already, to marginalise these "ethnic groups" in spite of the fact that they have more in terms of human resources in the Niger delta.

Why didn't you display the picture of Dennis Osadebay, Col. Joe Achuzia, Gen. (Obong) Philip Efiong, Chief M. T Mbu, Chief N. U Akpan who were very notable Niger Deltans?

More notes will be unveiled! We are united
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Blackking98(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
nengibo:

Whats the source of the image , I'll like to read futher on it
It's a PDF by a professor in uniuyo
llacan.vjf.cnrs.fr › presentationsPPT
NIGER-CONGO LANGUAGES IN AKWA IBOM STATE - LLACAN

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by vonxe: 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
SmartyPants:

Why should there be indigenous Yorubas in Edo?

Although Yorubas are minority in Edo likewise the Igede in cross river but they should be recognized.
Ijaws in Ondo are well recognized.

Some Akoko Edo communities are full blooded yorubas

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by kingzizzy: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
xcon:
the anioma are group of ethnic groups eg Ukuwale, Ika,etc as recognised by Nigerian constitution.

Group of ethnic groups? What is that? Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo could easily be a group of ethnic groups
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Thazard(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jajaslim:
God bless Niger delta republic
Lo
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Thazard(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jajaslim:
God bless Niger delta republic
Lo
Re: Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) by Dedetwo(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

There is different between NDDC states and Niger Delta.

Crude oil was first discovered in the Niger delta that is why the commission is named Niger delta development commission.

I expect govt to renamed it to Oil Producing State Development Commission as other states outside the Niger delta region now have crude oil.

Niger Delta that only exists in your psychotic skull.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FEC Approves A New Debt Management Strategy For Nigeria / Tribunal: Akwa Ibom APC Heads To Abuja To Lobby President Of Appeal Court, CJN / My Humble Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.