Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? (4823 Views)

How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? / "God, Even Our Own God." / Reprimand For Each Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You should have stood your ground against the ignorant pastor who held the service and asking for a christian/christianised name, and maintained that all you have to give your kid, are Yoruba names exclusively.

All my names are indigenous names, my kids I made sure all their names are indigenous names. We all have prophetic, affirmative, declarative and emphatic ethnic names, formulated to the glory of God, but expressed in our mother tongue. No foreign western, colonial mentality English names.

From Bible 101, your missus, who is a believer, should have informed you, that as a believer, one automatically in their own right becomes a priest/prietess and royalty in God's courtyard. That youse wouldn't have needed a "paistor/pastor" to come officiate or bless your kid for you, because as a child/son/daughter/moG/woG, we have direct access to the throne of grace, such that we boldly approach God, directly without having need of any go-betweens, intermediary or negotiator, except for as when needed, Yahshua Ha Mashiach, aka Jesus Christ, our Advocate (i.e. Hebrews 4:16)

Oruko eni ma so omo, inu eni ni o wa

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Did you see tears in my eye? Maybe there is a stream of it running on your face.

As from today, you will have me calling you out on every thread you comment on. Let us play the game. We can run JW in the mud if that is what you want. And I will give you in it fullness

JWs have faced many powerful enemies in times past so you're nowhere to be found unless we will need a microscope to see you in the picture! cheesy

I was a Muslim before i notice the light in their midst so it's not my religion from birth, i'm just a new convert in their midst, so if you try any shit with me i'll drag you in the quagmire the way we used to do to bloody civilians like you in the army.
JWs have their own religion before i joined them and they will not ask me to be silent for you unless i wish to. But it's obvious you're just looking for people to come in between us and let me tell you that JWs will never do that! wink
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by MuttleyLaff: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
Oruko eni ma so omo, inu eni ni o wa
"Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath she named the baby Ben-oni (which means “son of my sorrow”).
The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).
"
- Genesis 35:18

This is true, about "Oruko eni ma so omo, inu eni ni o wa". It is more the reason why God changed Abram's name to Abraham, Sarai's name to Sarah. Why Jacob, was renamed Israel, and why Jacob, knowing the power and importance of a name, changed his last born's name, given by his mother to Benjamin.

The real and personal name of God is related to a verb, of action, it is of the sort of what He does. It is such a sacred and powerful name, that it isn't revealed to any human being, inspite of Him, being asked a few times, what His name is.

Names are important. Without one, it’s very hard to introduce yourself to others. However, having a wrong name can also be a burden, which is why Jacob wisely changed his son's name to Benjamin. We have to be careful with choosing names because they can be prophetic. Names like Abel, Methuselah et cetera, are prophetic names that carried out the essence and/or the import of what the name means.

Of course, you dont necessarily judge someone by their name, dont judge a book by its cover but you judge them by what's inside or their actions. Just because you're called Abacha, it doesnt mean you're in nature, a military dictator

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:00am On Aug 09, 2020
Maximus69:

JWs have faced many powerful enemies in times past so you're nowhere to be found unless we will need a microscope to see you in the picture! cheesy

I was a Muslim before i notice the light in their midst so it's not my religion from birth, i'm just a new convert in their midst, so if you try any shit with me i'll drag you in the quagmire the way we used to do to bloody civilians like you in the army.
JWs have their own religion before i joined them and they will not ask me to be silent for you unless i wish to. But it's obvious you're just looking for people to come in between us and let me tell you that JWs will never do that! wink

Yawn.....

Jehovah couldn't crush suffering of humanity. JW have no known solution to the world problem.

You can be a Musilimu or babalawo. It is not of my business if you can't tan isoro mi.

You saw JW having many enemies but you have to tell us about the enemy within enmity of JW with the high rising child sex abuse happening there in your church. Please tell, is child sex abuse part humanism in JW?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2020
Social media beggar! cheesy
FOLYKAZE:

Yawn.....

Jehovah couldn't crush suffering of humanity. JW have no known solution to the world problem.

You can be a Musilimu or babalawo. It is not of my business if you can't tan isoro mi.

You saw JW having many enemies but you have to tell us about the enemy within enmity of JW with the high rising child sex abuse happening there in your church. Please tell, is child sex abuse part humanism in JW?
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Child molester.

Senile coward run away soldier

Nairalanders provided for me, not you or your non existing Jehovah... JW, Jehovah and you are inconsequential in the scheme of things

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Child molester.

Nairalanders provided for me, not you or your non existing Jehovah... JW, Jehovah and you are inconsequential in the scheme of things
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by orisa37: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
There is only one GOD! That is GOD ALMIGHTY. The God of Abramham, Issac and Isreal!
The Covenant Keeping God..

Any other is a toy!

In Yoruba He is OLODUMARE ( The COVENANTS Maker, Convener and Keeper)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by orisa37: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Vyzz:
For the igbo people....

Everybody has his or her own CHI

Who no get will manufacture one to get going.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by orisa37: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
MizMyColi:

Certainly not.
I don't take a Chi is an angel.

Otherwise, we wouldn't have names like Chinedum, Chimuanya, Chineke, Chioma, Chimdiebube.

You get?

They're called by God's Name and God will heal their Land.
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by achorladey: 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Your insanity is beyond cure, worshipers of my own God do not bears religious titles, so get that info your empty skull Sir! cheesy

Simply quote "you can't find a single worshiper of God who begged pagans for anything" shey?

Case close! cheesy

Where did they get........... district overseer....... Circuit overseers............. Governing Body.......pioneers........ Publisher. What are these called? Perhaps LABEL grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by achorladey: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
Rilwayne001:

So if one ends up like a begger, that automatically mean one's an enemy of God or that automatically mean one's an animal? I don't get you, if I don't have something or maybe I'm in a precarious situation and I need people's help for the mean time, that means I'm not even worthy to be call human?

I seriously don't get you. From inception, people have always have privileges, and because you have a privilege of being rich or have enough to cater for you for a while doesn't mean others that don't have are miserable or lazy or evil and not worthy to be in the society.

In case you've not been reading your Bible, please open up to Matthew 25:35-40, Jesus explicitly said ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

Where are you getting your own non compassionate and very inhumane teachings from? From that secret cult of Jehovah witness right?
Well I used to think JW was at least a bit better sect amongst Christian denominations, now you've proven to me that they are even worse than typical Nigerian secret cult like Eiye etc. Because I seriously can't rationalize your rather callous attitude on this thread.

Most World's richest people don't believe in your "true God" do you see them begging? And even so, the owner of this site doesn't even give a bleep about, he's on countless occasions come out to insult your God, has he started begging yet? If you'd be a good Christian and be as devoted as you've portrayed yourself, should you even be using his platform in the first place?

Tell you what, if you believe your God his so callous to favor only those who worship him, and punish with afflictions those who don't, HERE ON THIS EARTH, then you need your brain examined. Because just look around, everyone is doing well irrespective of their religious affiliations and doing not so well irrespective of their religious affiliations. There are Devoted Christians that are rich and there are that are chronic beggers. This world isn't for anybody. Have you forgotten the parable of the women getting a crumb from Jesus in the Bible?

BTW, how old are you? You've acted so immature that the need to question your age is warranted.

Love this as highlighted in your post...If you'd be a good Christian and be as devoted as you've portrayed yourself, should you even be using his platform in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by achorladey: 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Whoever oppresses the poor taunts their Maker,
but whoever is kind to the needy honors Him.
"
- Proverbs 14:31

"Do not gloat when your enemy falls,
and do not let your heart rejoice when he stumbles.
"
- Proverbs 24:17

"Whoever is kind to the poor is lending to the LORD
— the benefit of his gift will return to him in abundance.
"
- Proverbs 19:17

"Those who mock the poor insult their Maker;
those who rejoice at the misfortune of others will be punished.
"
- Proverbs 17:5

Some people are just like that, cultivating and preaching the gospel of self-deluding hypocrisy. Smh

grin grin grin grin grin. The rich and the poor came from the same source.

The proverbs above make me remember Paul's word below........

1 Corinthians 4:6,7

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. 7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
Maximus69:
Child molester.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by achorladey: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Rilwayne001:

The bolded show the true tenets of Christianity, and not really what you people often try to paint in the world. The love you guys preach is to your fellow deluded believers (SELFISH LOVE) you're not expected to show love to outsiders that are not of your religious affiliations. Hence the whole world can continue to suffer, so far your fellow cultists are enjoying. Their sufferness is non of your business. Jehovah and Jesus are looking down from heaven at you and smiling because you're his true son. SMH

I understand you better now.

Au revoir

When dealing with JWs go past public relations. We know how organizations use public relations to mask so many things. Go deeper than public relations.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by MuttleyLaff: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
There is only one GOD! That is GOD ALMIGHTY. The God of Abramham, Issac and Isreal!
The Covenant Keeping God..

Any other is a toy!

orisa37:
In Yoruba He is OLODUMARE ( The COVENANTS Maker, Convener and Keeper)
Yorubas, by means of singular or conglomerate of verb(s), form names from a word or portmanteau, that describes a state, action or occurrence of the thing referred to. Fridge(s), in Yoruba parlance, is/are called "Ẹrọ amunu tutu or Ẹrọ-amunu-tutu" It is a portmanteau word formulated from translating "machine with a technology which gets the belly/stomach cold," that is what "Ẹrọ amunu tutu or Ẹrọ-amunu-tutu" means, as far as Yorubas are concerned, whenever object are taken from the fridge, eaten or drunk, it ends up making the stomach/belly cold

The English word, God, represents, a kaleidoscope of many meanings, but "OLODUMARE", in Yoruba parlance, is the name assigned to God, and it will interest enquiry minds, to know that "OLODUMARE" is a portmanteau word, formed from putting together, coming from an observation viewpoint, words that describes what this enigmatic and very powerful Supreme Being is.

The other alternate form names of "OLODUMARE" are: "Edumare" and "ElÈdumare"

"OLODUMARE" is also known as "ỌLỌRUN" In Yoruba parlance, "ỌLỌRUN" is another portmanteau word, which means "Owner of the heavens or sky expanse" or "Owner of the firmament" "OLO, ỌLỌ, OL' or ELÈ or EL'" means Owner, while "ỌRUN" means "the heavens or sky expanse" hence "ỌLỌ-RUN"

Cycling back to the portmanteau word "OLODUMARE" name of God, in Yoruba manner of speaking, the name is derived from the following words:
1/ "OLO" - means, Owner,
2/ "ODU" - means, mystery, mystical attributes, a thing or being that is mysterious. It also means energy
3/ "MA" - means, knows
4/ "RE" - actually is "ire" and means, blessing

So when, the words, OLO, ODU, MA and RE, are joined together, we have "OLODUMARE" revealing a profound and thoughtful deep meaning that indicates the truth and/or existence of an Energy, Supreme Spirit Being, who is not just the Owner of unique energy but also is in possession of mystery/mystical knowledge of all manners of blessing.

Since God is the highest level of energy. It is from this energy, that everything is created. In fact, Odu, directs all forces at all level of existence, hence, it is this same mystery and/or energy, that's the power behind the creation of all living and non-living things.

One of the most important of the mystical attributes of God is volition. Without volition, there is no God, and there won't be forces, natural laws, rules and/or principles

Profoundly observing, God has always being EL and this is evident in the Yoruba variant name of God, "ELÈdumare" The prefix EL, as previously intimated, means, Owner, an Influential Owner (e.g. Elijah is: My God, is Yahweh/YHWH, Elihu is: My God, is He, or Ọlọrunfẹmi is: God, loves me)

I dare say Yoruba beliefs and mythos is very rich. As I've earlier advanced, Chukwu, in Igbo cosmos, is a product formed from two Igbo words "chi" and "ukwu", that computes to mean big god or great god. Chukwu, in the real sense of it, isn't Yahweh, the God in the Bible but simply is a god, that now, so as to pretend, is taken to be YHWH or Yahweh, the God in the Bible

The Igbos, and the Yorubas, just as like the Men of Athens, inadvertently, just and unknowingly could, in their general consensus in the existence of a single creator, lol, be worshipping the true God (i.e. Acts 17:23-31)

Now, the thing is, God wants, us having a relationship with Him, and not having a relationshit with god(s) You cannot practice consulting the dead, practice ancestor worship or practice spiritism and be a follower of the one and only true God (i.e. Deuteronomy 18:10-13)

cc: FOLYKAZE, MizMyColi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by bigfrancis21: 8:16am On Aug 10, 2020
CassieV:

Hi, can you go into more details on this please? I'm very interested in the topic.

Sure thing. What details precisely do you need?
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by CassieV(f): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Sure thing. What details precisely do you need?
I saw a previous post of yours where you talked about spiritguides and how they can take on a human form to help the soul they're guiding when they're in their greatest need. And I've also heard about how we should always listen to our intuition because it's never wrong. Is it safe to say that the spiritguide, the intuition and the igbo Chi is the same?
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by MuttleyLaff: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
bigfrancis21:
Yes the Igbo spiritual mythology is correct on this one. Every person has a personal spirit guide who’s with us throughout our life journey. Igbos call it ‘chi’. Chioma originally meant one with a good guide or good destiny. This is the original concept of Chi before the advent of Christianity, which saw the meaning change to ‘God’. They watch over us and sometimes speak to us via several means during moments of help. There is a supreme creator and there are spirit guides, angels etc

CassieV:
Hi, can you go into more details on this please? I'm very interested in the topic.

CassieV:
I saw a previous post of yours where you talked about spiritguides and how they can take on a human form to help the soul they're guiding when they're in their greatest need.
Please dont get it twisted because it is only the Godhead, and celestial beings, seraphim, cherubim, extraterrestrial beings, at the authorisation of God, who take on human form (e.g. Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ) or take on what appears to look like human form (e.g. Angel of the Lord, extraterrestrial and celestial beings) to help the soul they're guiding when they're in their greatest need.

There is no recorded account of any other spirit bar the above listed Spirit and/or spirit of ever taking on human form. It is an impossicant!

CassieV:
And I've also heard about how we should always listen to our intuition because it's never wrong.
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,
is not of the Father, but is of the world.
"
- 1 John 2:16

"The woman was convinced.
She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious,
and she wanted the wisdom it would give her.
So she took some of the fruit and ate it.
Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too
"
- Genesis 3:6

Learn from 1 John 2:16 and Genesis 3:6 Bible 101, never listen to any contrary intuition, at the expense of violating and not respect the word/command/law of God

CassieV:
Is it safe to say that the spiritguide, the intuition and the igbo Chi is the same?
"4For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.
5For all the gods of the nations are idols, but it is the LORD who made the heavens.
6Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and beauty fill His sanctuary
"
- Psalm 96:5

"Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods.
I am the LORD your God
"
- Leviticus 19:4

"Now the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues
still did not repent of the works of their hands.
They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone,
and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk
"
- Revelation 9:20

"'How horrible it will be for the one who says to a piece of wood, "Wake up!"
and to a stone that cannot talk, "Get up!' "
Can that thing teach [anyone]?
Just look at it! It's covered with gold and silver,
but there's absolutely no life in it."
"
- Habakkuk 2:19

There is, only the Holy Spirit, that guides.

Dont allow an intuition, bereft of the guidance of the Holy Spirit, rise to any prominence.

In the Igbo cosmology and/or mythology, there are many or there are more than one "chi". The Igbos believe that there is a "chi" that creates and there are personal "chi(s)"

It would interest you to know that, in Igbo parlance, "chi" means god, guide, influence, intelligence et cetera and "ike or eke" means "create", "know-how" "divide", "force", "power", "energy", "might", "capacity", "ability" et cetera and so what's more interesting is the fact that, "chineke" is a portmanteau word, formed them two words "chi" and "ike or eke" and of course, it means, "guide that creates" "god who creates" or "god that creates" "god with know-how" "god with power, force energy, might, ability creates" et cetera

The Igbos, believe that, the reason for the existence of this "chi" is to create, hence why particularly, the "chi" is called creator or chineke (i.e. the guide and/or god, that creates)

Now, if you believe that this "chi" is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, who doesnt share His glory with any other "chi" then, the "chi" becomes "Chi", Chineke and/or Creator. There is no vacancy, for any other "chi," I am talking of no vacancy to fill, for personal "chi" here, except for "Chi"

"11For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways
12They will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone
"
- Psalm 91:11-12

It is "Chi" who dispatches celestial beings aka angels, to watch over you. Personal "chi(s)" are not spiritguide(s) and they are unable to do or achieve anything.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by sonmvayina(m): 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Oh....those who sent me money were Muslims, Christians and some none believers. However, they related kindly not on religion grounds but human who cared for other humans.

I am proud of begging from humans who answered my prayers/petition. I didn't pray to your useless God, an impotent being of the fairy world.

Thank goodness nothing came from you or any JW on this forum. You had wanted my wife and daughter dead as JW doctrine don't support CS. But these lovely families on nairaland were stronger than your invisible Jehovah and delivered beyond the reach of your fairies.

Everytime I need help, I will return to them....and not to your Useless Jehovah because he didn't live except in your head.

I love you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by sonmvayina(m): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
Maximus69:

Perhaps you don't know, let me enlighten you.

It was your wife (Lizzyangel) who was begging in the name of Jesus Christ that made those believers yielded not because of your crocodile tears! wink

You are just a moroon.. What an excuse for a human being.. Tufia

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by sonmvayina(m): 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
MizMyColi:

Well, it's possible that some people may have the same chi, which is why the term "kindred spirit" exists.

As above so below
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Aug 11, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

My baby dedication is today. Holding at CAC very close to my hood.

I could remember these people visited us at the hospital. During the naming ceremony, I looked at my back and saw Alasalatu, non believers and Christians. These are humans who are beyond religion and tribal segregations.

The pastor who held the service asked for a christian name because everything I presented to him were Yoruba names.... The name that came to my mind is Hephzibah. Later found it in Isaiah 62:4.

Isaiah 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

Oruko ni ro ni, Ori eni ni gbe ni. In fact, Eniyan laso mi
Hephzibah is not a Christian Name but a Jewish name, with Jewish meaning. Many of what people term Christiann names are not Christian at all.
Names like Paul, Peter, James are Christian names...removed from their Jewish roots.

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 3:48am On Aug 11, 2020
MizMyColi:

I get your angle.
But my question to you is this:

Is the Almighty God the same one as the real God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

yes
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 4:12am On Aug 11, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Believers, not JW members or you.

They sent something but none of your members could send anything.

They reached out beyond Jehovah hands. Prolly because your Jehovah is handicap and useless.

I knew who to call when I need help. I strongly believe they will yield to my call anything. Eni to gba ni la n sa ti... You run after those who could save you only. Nairalanders rescued me from a bad situation, when your own useless Jehovah and Association could not do anything. Nairalanders are greater than Jehovah, and I will be grateful to them not your fairy in imaginary kingdom in heaven

begging for help
ps 37:25
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging for bread.

Matthew 6:33

matt 6:33
 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Giving others
matt 6:1-4
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 4:31am On Aug 11, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Yawn.....

causes of human suffering

Revelation 12:12, NIV: "Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.'"

ecc 8:9 All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm.

2 Tim 3:1-5
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

solution to human suffering

dan 2:44. in the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

2pet 3:9-13
Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed.
Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,
as you await and keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which the heavens will be destroyed in flames and the elements will melt in the intense heat! But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 4:35am On Aug 11, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Yawn.....

have humans find solutions to human problems? do you think humans would ever find lasting solutions to problems facing humans?
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 4:50am On Aug 11, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Was it enough for prophet Job in the Bible?
Was it enough for John the apostle die? Where was this same Psalms to save him from his killers?
Where was this same Psalms to save those persecuted Christians in the past?
Do you even know how many Christians are suffering in the world of today? Nigeria for example you have more Christians dying of hunger even in church? You want to tell me they don't know about this verse in Psalms?
How about this pastor? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/nigerian-pastor-his-two-children-drown-in-pool-during-vacation/amp/

And BTW, you haven't answered my question in truth, scorning people passing through difficulties or that's passed through some sort of difficulties basically on the basis of whatever views they choose, is that the teaching Jesus taught or the teaching you're being taught in your secret cult of Jehovah witness?
Again, where's your humanity and compassion?

David wrote that he had “not seen anyone righteous abandoned, nor his children looking for bread.” He thus made a general statement based on his own experience. He well knew God’s consistent care. ( Ps. 37:25 ) David’s words, however, do not mean that no worshipper ever suffered want or ever will.
There were times when David himself experienced trying circumstances. One such time was when he was fleeing from Saul. David’s provisions were low, and he asked for bread for himself and those who were with him. ( 1 Sam. 21:1-6 ) So in that instance, David was “looking for bread.” Yet, in that critical situation, he knew that Jehovah had not forsaken him. The fact is, we nowhere read that David had to beg in order to obtain the food he needed to survive.
At Matthew 6:33 , we find Jesus’ assurance that God will fill the needs of faithful servants who put Kingdom interests first in life. “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness,” Jesus said, “and all these other things [including food, drink, and clothing] will be added to you.” However, Jesus also indicated that because of persecution, his “brothers” might experience hunger. (Matt. 25:35, 37, 40 ) That happened to the apostle Paul. He at times experienced hunger and thirst.
— 2 Cor. 11:27 .
Jehovah tells us that we will be persecuted in various ways. He may allow us to undergo deprivation as we help to answer the charges brought by the Devil. ( Job 2:3-5 ) For example, some of our fellow Christians, such as those who were put in Nazi concentration camps, have found themselves in peril because of persecution. Depriving the Witnesses of adequate food was one diabolical method used in an effort to break their integrity. Faithful Witnesses remained obedient to Jehovah; he did not forsake them. He allowed them to undergo this trial, just as he permits all Christians to face trials of various sorts. However, there is no doubt that Jehovah supports all who suffer for his name’s sake. ( 1 Cor. 10:13 ) We can bear in mind the words of Philippians 1:29 : “You have been given the privilege in behalf of Christ, not only to put your faith in him but also to suffer in his behalf.”
Jehovah promises to be with his servants. Isaiah 54:17 , for example, states: “No weapon formed against you will have any success.” This and similar promises guarantee the safety of God’s people as a whole. Individually, though, a Christian may undergo tests, even to the point of death.

www.jw.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 11, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are just a moroon.. What an excuse for a human being.. Tufia

Your PERSONAL opinion! wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by MuttleyLaff: 6:47am On Aug 11, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
My baby dedication is today. Holding at CAC very close to my hood.

I could remember these people visited us at the hospital. During the naming ceremony, I looked at my back and saw Alasalatu, non believers and Christians. These are humans who are beyond religion and tribal segregations.

The pastor who held the service asked for a christian name because everything I presented to him were Yoruba names.... The name that came to my mind is Hephzibah. Later found it in Isaiah 62:4.

Isaiah 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

Oruko ni ro ni, Ori eni ni gbe ni. In fact, Eniyan laso mi

Kobojunkie:
Hephzibah is not a Christian Name but a Jewish name, with Jewish meaning. Many of what people term Christiann names are not Christian at all.
Names like Paul, Peter, James are Christian names...removed from their Jewish roots.
Which is why I earlier advanced that the pastor was ignorant and that FOLYKAZE should have stuck to his guns with the at hand Yoruba names. He could have added to her already Yoruba names, any of the following these: "AdunniOluwa" "Oluladunsimi" "Didunnimi" "Orisunadun" "Olutamiladun" "Adunlatokewa" "Aduntojọmiloju" "Adunlatoluwa" "Adunmare" "Oluladunsimi" "Oludunsimi" "Adunnilọmọ" "Adunbanle" "Adunfunkẹ" et cetera delight
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by bigfrancis21: 7:59am On Aug 11, 2020
CassieV:

I saw a previous post of yours where you talked about spiritguides and how they can take on a human form to help the soul they're guiding when they're in their greatest need. And I've also heard about how we should always listen to our intuition because it's never wrong. Is it safe to say that the spiritguide, the intuition and the igbo Chi is the same?

To a large extent, yes they are the same. The concept of the spirit guide or 'chi' is deeply entrenched in the Igbo culture. My late mother would often say things like, 'chi gi azo gi taa' or 'chi gi mu anya'. I can't count how many times I listened to my intuition, that deep inner voice, when I needed help or guidance or when it warned me against danger and I listened, and it is always right. The inner voice is a distinct one from your usual thoughts.

Also, I find out that many African myths contain certain facts, such as reincarnation, which today are 'unchristian' but are actually valid.

This person here provides more details and much more on spirit guides:
https://goop.com/wellness/spirituality/how-to-connect-with-your-spirit-guides/

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by sonmvayina(m): 8:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Your PERSONAL opinion! wink

And I am 100% right..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hindu Talisman Spiritual Powers And Protections For You / Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. / Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.