Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu (59050 Views)

Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / Amaechi Thanks Buhari For Not Converting Him To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by bizzibodi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Born2Breed:
cheesy

APC, smart move with the dress code, and no hat. They corrected PDP's error and the none availability of Kola and Gin was bad for PDP.

But we are not voting party or person, just stamping out godfatherism which will be APC Achilles heel.
So una choose no godfather over good governance.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by GeneralKoko(m): 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Kim Jong Obaseki would soon go and remove the roof of oba's palace

And run mad a day after undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Patojargz: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
No dey wyn APC
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by bizzibodi(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
The only thing of interest there are those arrays of artifacts & even stools,I will persuades Oba Ewuare II to donate them to my museum.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Kindledlight(m): 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
Asababoi2:
Did anyone see this?

I saw it ooo and i was like....

We need Benin sons and daughters to enlighten us on this.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by GeneralKoko(m): 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
Asababoi2:
Neither APC nor PDP can rescue you Nigerians living in Nigeria. Let us comment on the guards that are in chains(provided the photos are accurate) and condemn what appears to be sin against humanity.

Thanks to you all the freedom fighters of nairaland.

That's the culture of the people
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Kindledlight(m): 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
seanfer:

Obaseki’s Grandfather betrayed the whole kingdom, for his selfish reasons. There’s a movie called 1897 Invasion look for it and see how it happened. Or look for books about Benin empire 1900- 1950.

I watched it on Netflix several times

Trybe tv just showed it last night probably to campaign for APC

I cried for that king that was banished and benin people.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by bizzibodi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oba need to be careful oo!b4 Obaseki go come remove d roof over his palace.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by bizzibodi(m): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kindledlight:

So na Obaseki grandfather, betrayal is in their blood,they are carrying d curses of d oba.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by seanfer(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kindledlight:

Hope you see that betrayal is in his family line.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by BabaRamota1980: 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
Whats all the white cassock and beads for? The Benin court has been turned to a aladura church. Whats all this nonsense?
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by GiZcorp: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
UDUJ:

Please try reading up about the Benin kingdom online. Oba's are born and not made like Sanusi was. An Oba can never be removed. See that sentence NEVER BE REMOVED

In Edo State he commands more respect than the Governor.
Bros there's no king that cannot be removed! He may command more respect than the govt but not above the governor.. It's all respect if not what is there.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by fujirice: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
NoToPile:

Yeah you are right it is an illusion now looking very closely.

So at what age do they leave the palace?
Is there a number of years they must serve before they leave?
I really do not know about that sir.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by BabaRamota1980: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
UDUJ:

Please try reading up about the Benin kingdom online. Oba's are born and not made like Sanusi was. An Oba can never be removed. See that sentence NEVER BE REMOVED

In Edo State he commands more respect than the Governor.
Stop this brag, its empty. You guys bragged for so long that Oba does not travel. We have seen this one travelled many times. Oba does not shake hands, this Oba does. Oba cannot be presented staff of office, this Oba received his staff from the Governor. Stop the empty brag. You embarass your state and your Oba. He even alluded to it in his remarks. Look how you are outfitting visitors and making them wear cassock to brag. You will end up discouraging visitors that dont share in your tradition. The staging is empty, get with reality.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by BabaRamota1980: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
GiZcorp:
Bros there's no king that cannot be removed! He may command more respect than the govt but not above the governor.. It's all respect if not what is there.
He is ignorant. Oba has not stepped over the line, or had a Governor that is interested to advance Edo into modernity.
That will bring clash of interests.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kindledlight:

Point of correction,no tribe is called YEROBA in Nigeria we have YORUBA!
Error auto type niii jàre brother
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by akosh005: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
Op, just calm down. Let me commend you for the good picture quality.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by anonimi: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
At uniben sports complex

The same school from where he was rusticated as a cultist for throwing acid on students?
Sincerely, anyone who joins the Association of Past?Present Criminals, APC will be forgiven his sins according to Oshi-omo-Ole. shocked

arterxerxes:
"I Was A Cultist Of A Fraternity" - Pastor Ize Iyamu (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaBKqQBCAmg

Pastor Ize Iyamu, the Edo PDP flag bearer of the forth coming Governorship election in an interview agreed of being a one time member of a fraternity in University of Benin.
He also agreed to being expelled from the university before being accepted back after two years to complete his school as lawyer.

Hear him speak!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by AustineJohn908(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
NOC1:

Please explain, what is disgrace over disagreement, sometimes if a god think he is so strong you show him that it is wood he is made of and burn it down.

Obaseki made a great mistake, not even mistake he committed a crime by not inaugurating/ administering oath of office to over half of the legislature.

Let us throw away sentiments and reason like responsible people, he set a precedence if not checked other Governors will join him in such stupidity.

How many governors do get the backing of their legislature from the beginning? Very few, but they inaugurate all, lobby thereafter and win majority to their side, that’s what Obaseki failed to do, he is a baby politician with crude advisers.

For me Obaseki is the main disgrace.
Hope you also called out Buhari for disobeying the Courts few months back.
cause if you didn't then you are the one who is sentimental.
Buhari also has set a precedent, every President that will come will not obey the court
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Donaldomo(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
Association of Nairaland Voters and INEC Server Committee will not like these pictures at all!
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Eboski(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Please just listened to oba of Benin speech now on channel tv he never thank Buhari for endorsing Ize iyamu, please don't mislead the public, oba said the palace doesn't meddle into politics and Oshiomhole can bear him witness, he isn't partisan, he prayed for everyone and for peace to reign during election, and support the candidate that will win after election.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kittex7:
Bribe things
Mouth wey Don eat sweet Plantain can't speak the truth.. Yoruba adage

EL RUFAI AGAIN?
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by frescoast: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
A show of power and affluence before the monarch is all this visit was, no modesty, no character endorsement. EDO people don't want the man that only wants to impress with good attire before the king, what are the people saying about Ize Iyamu? nothing to write home about.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by dollsparadise11: 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
LIES !!!LIES !!!LIES !!!LIES !!!LIES !!!LIES !!!
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 10, 2020
kahal29:
Correct
God go punish ur generation for posting this fake news idiot ......keep lieing ...las las na d people go vote
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Born2Breed(f): 6:21am On Aug 10, 2020
bizzibodi:

So una choose no godfather over good governance.

...and Sanwo-Olu is now good governance.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by AkwaIbomMan(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2020
odiks:
At uniben sports complex
see massive crowd inside UNIBEN?
our government has failed us
cc Edopesin Cathryna99
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Edopesin: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
see massive crowd inside UNIBEN?
our government has failed us
cc Edop.esin Cathryna99

I'm as shocked as you are, though some credible sources are telling me that we might be called back September
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by AkwaIbomMan(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2020
Edopesin:

I'm as shocked as you are, though some credible sources are telling me that we might be called back September
xup bro.
it's Grandfinale2017, how have you been?
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Edopesin: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
xup bro. it's Grandfinale2017, how have you been?
Guyyy what's up bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benue Youths Wash The Ground As Buhari Leaves Makurdi, Burn Brooms / Osun Rerun: See Why Omisore’s Statement Is The Final Nail On Apc’s Coffin / Man Buys Python To Celebrate Buhari's "2019 Failure" After His Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.