Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) (315 Views)

Nairalanders I Don't Understand Myself,do I Need Help? / I Think I Took The Redpill Too Far, I Dont Recognise Myself Anymore / There Is A Guy I Like In This Group, I Can't Keep It To Myself Anymore- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by NotAsheeple: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2020
Please it's a bit lengthy but kindly read through

Background info:

I used to be always happy, I wasn't super rich nor very comfortable but I could manage and I was happy, academically I was above average although I gained admission early and my childishness got the best of my grades but I managed to finish with a (lol... strong) 2.2 in Primary Education. I'd be 24 soon and I'm currently studying to become a computer programmer and hopefully a hacker(ethical hacking) this is besides my 22k teaching job (sad right... but I have faith that things would definitely get better.) but here are the dark nights affecting my sunshine

Career: Working as a teacher is not encouraging in Nigeria at all hence it's not a great career path to some extent. I fear I'm running out of time and the sad thing about my programming journey is that I'm still kinda a beginner (senior beginner if there's a thing like that). The thought of running out of time to "make it" drives me crazy

Relationships (which prompted this article): I value ALL relationships and I was one who was quick to make friends and easy to like (you could call me an extreme extrovert, I was cool like that)... Until my last romantic relationship ruined me.After the lady broke up, I couldn't trust anyone with my life affairs. I cared less about how people felt about me and I felt comfortable going on for weeks without a phone conversation with anyone. My deep conversations and social interactions has basically been reduced to two people my big sis and my best friend.I can barely interact with strangers (it's that horrible RN) except if it's for an official or business note those are the only occasions my social prowess show forth. My current GF has complained severally that I don't communicate with her a summary of her words would go thus "I talk to my friends better than we talk' and "I feel like we run a crappy relationship".These words hurt me but I don't even know how to explain to her cos I feel she's right. I do love her so much, she's a great lady (very smart, ambitious, and slim... my perfect package) and I hope to someday marry her but it's looking like that's not likely cos we both are not "free" with one another.

Kindly advice practical ways i can get back my lively self back cos honestly I don't like this "me' I see in the mirror... it's depressing

CC lalasticlala

Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by Artiiclebeast: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by RealEzee(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2020
Love yours Las Las we go dey aiit
Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by chatinent: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2020
You should be more concerned in being a better person physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially before venturing into dating. You aren't ready to settle down, why dating? Dating is no trivia issue.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by budaatum: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2020
You are suffering a loss of confidence due to the shattering of your previous conceptions and beliefs. Sadly, experience, which is only accumulated over many years, is going to be your teacher so you get it back. Thankfully, teaching is also your profession, which you wrongly think "is not encouraging", and shows how much you need to learn.

Read Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. Tell me what it makes you think.

Also available as Epub.
Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by kestolove95(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2020
Just die ND rest
Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by MalaikaEH(f): 9:47am On Aug 09, 2020
What exactly do you want us to advise you on? The life you described above is above average in today Nigeria. The only issue I can see is that you are not satisfied with what you have. Many out there still don't have any kind of job,neither do they have a girlfriend not to talk of the girl you described.

Be contented with what you have.
Re: Please Help (advice) I Don't Understand Myself Anymore (depression) by mahvellux(m): 9:47am On Aug 09, 2020
How can you be happy if you are pushing away the ones who can make you happy??

(1) (Reply)

Guys Who Ask Ladies For Contact Please Stop! / Let's Just Be Friends!!!!!! Jist,chat Etc / Types Of People You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship Or Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.