Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga (20673 Views)

LAWMA Destroys 400 Carts Of Cart Pushers / N30,000 Grants For Okada, Keke, Taxi Drivers, Cart Pushers, Others / LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by micflo28(m): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
Elijahrona:
Cart pushing is beneficial to the society.

Here are some ways they benefit us:
1. The boys can access stress that the trucks of LAWMA cannot access
2. This is a form of hustling that can prevent boys from becoming thieves or kidnappers
3. Removal of waste is everyone's business. We should not discourage others.

Instead of arresting the boys,
1. They should be registered into a union
2. We should educate them to know how to make their jobs more sustainable
3. A place where lost (but valuable) items can be kept should be provided so that the boys can earn rewards when they return such items.

They have the passion, skill, and competence to remove trash from our society. Employ them, do not arrest them

Please we have to look into this.

Thanks

God bless you for this

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Minjim: 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
Why can't they integrate these people into the new refuse disposal system?

Where do you want them to go?
What do you want them to do?

This govt has no empathy
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Minjim: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
NoToPile:

Wrong , they do generate waste these people go to dump the refuse in different locations some on the road,the road median some in swamps, in bushes in canals etccreating black spots up and down and the same LAWMA will be called to clean up.

Okay let me ask you, where do the cart pushers dump their waste? You see that is the problem they dump the waste in illegal places.

I know for sure its not ojota or igando dump site these people dump the waste.

Where do LAWNA dump there waste too?

They should integrate these people into the waste disposal system.
These people can reach where the vehicle of LAWNA can't reach. Where do you want them to go and what do you want them to do?
Their service is needed
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Wentworthorg: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lagos is a glorified jungle
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by tunnyl(m): 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
Elijahrona:
Cart pushing is beneficial to the society.

Here are some ways they benefit us:
1. The boys can access stress that the trucks of LAWMA cannot access
2. This is a form of hustling that can prevent boys from becoming thieves or kidnappers
3. Removal of waste is everyone's business. We should not discourage others.

Instead of arresting the boys,
1. They should be registered into a union
2. We should educate them to know how to make their jobs more sustainable
3. A place where lost (but valuable) items can be kept should be provided so that the boys can earn rewards when they return such items.

They have the passion, skill, and competence to remove trash from our society. Employ them, do not arrest them

Please we have to look into this.

Thanks

Thank you very much for this. We need to understand our environment and stop trying to copy the west

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by almarthins(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
jericco1:

You sabi

Who lawma help? Job no dey d land. This cart pusher if unemployed in day. Dem go resume work for night. Our xperience for ipaja no go let us pray say make dem jobless. Otherwise na serious wahala dem wan create so.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Onyedikachi323(m): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lawma should better provide means of livelihood for them.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by NoToPile: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by jericco1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
almarthins:

Who lawma help? Job no dey d land. This cart pusher if unemployed in day. Dem go resume work for night. Our xperience for ipaja no go let us pray say make dem jobless. Otherwise na serious wahala dem wan create so.

I no fit talk sef.. make I do leave Lag for good

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by NoToPile: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Beremx:
For the past 5 years, I haven’t seen LAWMA trucks coming to my area to evacuate waste. Cart pushers are there to solve the problem. Lagos will become dirtier if cart pushers are banned.

Lexicon123:
I thought I was alone. There's an LCDA just on my street, yet the Agency never comes. Why would I typically patronise the far more expensive cart pushers if LAWMA was available? Honestly if not for those boys, a lot of places in Lagos will be eyesore.

Besides when has LAWMA become a law enforcement agency to arrest people trying to make livelihood?!

Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by hecomeshome(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
smartblu:
Whats their offence?? Husling...

You don't understand. Those guys are "abokys". They have taken over Somolu and Bariga. They dump refuse in different areas that are not official dump sites, thereby leading to blockage of drainages.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Uchasa(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
If they catch u enh, i no dey oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Lexicon123: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
NoToPile:

Aguda, Surulere. You can confirm from others if you know anyone there.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:
So we should throw our bins on d road?

Don't mind the idiots. They're not providing the service and they're stopping people who are
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by gracechellar(f): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by harley88(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Placing a call to shekau ....

Lagos state is becoming unbearable for the down trodden...if you don't have your personal vehicle in Lagos your case is sorry...transporters are out for the kill.

If there's anything the Lagos state government should clampdown on seriously is the archaic, uncivilized and barbaric open defecation going in the state

This past days have been terrible for those without their personal cars. I am so tired with the way these transporters behave. Even to the Brt buses, switching you from bus to bus. Make Baba God pick my call for a ride soonest.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by hexenbiest: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
These are legit hustlers tryna make a honest living, and Cart pushers are off great beneficial to the society at large.

This is one of the reasons I not only commend but also recommend FCMBTOP5IN5 Masterclass Series targeted at SMEs.

This series features notable thought leaders from various spheres delivering insightful tips on topics like ‘business sustenance’ and ‘profitability’.

Please check out https://on.fcmb.com/Top5-7
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by earnit3: 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Why
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by boladez(m): 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2020
As a people we deserve the kind of government we get.......when government tries to work we criticize, when they do nothing we criticize, when they do bad things , we criticize...many dont understand jack about the issues but they just want to comment

Most of the car pushers are thieves.....most!......they steal most of the metal gutter covers and man holes, they dump refuse in the drains and water ways, they are banned in where most reason people stay.

Many of them rob in traffic and pick pockets , if your house is near their areas of congregation you will know

Pls lasg continue the good work.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by NoToPile: 9:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lexicon123:
Aguda, Surulere. You can confirm from others if you know anyone there.

Where exactly in Aguda , aguda is quite broad - name of the particular street?? Or name of streets around if you don't want to mention the particular street.
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Lexicon123: 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
NoToPile:

Where exactly in Aguda , aguda is quite broad - name of the particular street?? Or name of streets around if you don't want to mention the particular street.
Thomas Animashaun
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by Elijahrona(m): 12:04am On Aug 10, 2020
AbleGodsolution:
you'll make a good leader kiss

Thank you so much
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by mudamoon: 5:50am On Aug 10, 2020
Instead of lawma to employ them
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by obonujoker(m): 6:17am On Aug 10, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... the problem is not cart pushing... nor collecting waste... the problem is where they dump the waste. So we should allow them to choke the canals and dump garbage anywhere because they are "hustling"? When it rains... there is flood... garbage floating around because of the choked drainage systems.... who do we then blame? To too many of us... they have two choices in life.... cart pusher or criminal. Something is wrong with too many of us.... mentally.

LAWMA supervisor.... We know you are arresting these guys because of revenue drop and probably you want to increase price...
Re: LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga by IaMExchange: 9:26am On Aug 10, 2020
majamajic:

In some areas , read again !
Mad ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria To Start Production Of Airplanes Before 2023 / Osinbajo Receives Buhari Support Group In Aso Rock (Photos) / INEC Declares APC's Benjamin Kalu Re-Elected For Bende Fed Constituency, Abia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.