Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,812 members, 7,959,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table (13188 Views)

This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension / Samson Siasia Reacts To FIFA Ban. / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by MorataFC: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:
Nigeria will never cease to amaze me.

Clearly Rivers United is ahead of Enyimba this season no matter the parameter used.

So why is enyimba placed above Rivers based on what
At the bolded
Head to Head, Weighted PPG will put Enyimba ahead but that's just how LMC wants to scam them because goal difference coefficient should have been considered before head to head and Wppg
Modified
Goal difference coefficient is Goal difference/Games played to make it even since the league wasn't completed
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Nyanabo(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lamasta:
Rivers United should accept their fate and forget going to court cos its a waste of time and effort..
Every decision made by the NPFL is for the food of all teams that participated without any bias...

Shut up ! grin grin
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by KevinDein: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Easy winnable case. They are in the right.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Afam4eva(m): 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
I have not followed the Nigerian premier league for some years now, so i may not be in a good position to know for a fact if Rivers United has a case. But they did the right thing by taking their case to FIFA.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by elisho: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
This can never happen up rivers united

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by elisho: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
elisho:
This can never happen up rivers united
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by directonpc(m): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
I no even know wetin them dey yarn about.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by uchrikk(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Since they have started cancelling things, they should cancel the league table as well. They should have expected this kind of thing when they voted to abort the league. Even South Africa with the highest COVID19 deaths in Africa is completing their league matches. Why can't Nigeria finish the matches?
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by idahme(m): 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ajibel:

Enyimba has 5 games outstanding. Isnt it baffling that even at that, enyimba still comes close to rivers in whatever parameters you're also using

If your argument holds water then the league should be completed else the right table standing should be maintained... It doesn't matter if you are having 20games in hand, ur games not played doesn't affect your position on the table that's the football rule and it's sacrosanct.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edopesin:

At the bolded
Head to Head, Weighted PPG will put Enyimba ahead but that's just how LMC wants to scam them because goal difference coefficient should have been considered before head to head and Wppg
Modified
Goal difference coefficient is Goals scored/Games played to make it even since the league wasn't completed

Even if you use Goals Coefficient.
Enyimba would be in second position.
Do your maths well
Enyimba scored 30 goals in 20 games that'll give you a coefficient of 1.5
Rivers United scored 28 goals in 25 game's that'll give you a coefficient of 1.12.

The Rivers people are even confused.
they don't even know what they are fighting for.
they'd lose at CAS if they are foolish enough to go to that extent.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
idahme:

If your argument holds water then the league should be completed else the right table standing should be maintained... It doesn't matter if you are having 20games in hand, ur games not played doesn't affect your position on the table that's the football rule and it's sacrosanct.
That is why they all agreed to use PPG.
So I don't see what the fuss is all about.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Do your maths well
Rivers United scored 28 goals in 25 game's that'll give you a coefficient of 1.12.

Read the comment you quoted again
The LMC used WPPG and Head to Head to put Enyimba ahead

I said the goal coefficient should have been used

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edopesin:

Read the comment you quoted again
The LMC used WPPG and Head to Head to put Enyimba ahead

I said the goal coefficient should have been used
Even if they use goal coefficient, Enyimba would still be ahead.
Rivers UtD appeal makes no sense.
If they are championing for direct goal difference, then they foolish, because all teams didn't play same number of games

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Ajibel(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
idahme:

The right table standing would have been used if there were no outstanding games or if those games won't affect the placement of our continental representatives.

What should have been done was to conclude the league season behind closed doors

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by christejames(m): 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
elpochas:
when last did a Nigeria side play in the Semi final of CAF champions league.Tell me,i even prefer Eyimba to represent us cause they are the last Nigeria side to win it and that was over 14 years ago.So next time before you quote me do your research well enough.

Two seasons ago abeilt Confederation Cup.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Do your maths well

You're not doing the maths correctly

It is the goal difference/ matches played not the other way around

Plateau have 0.52 which is 0.02 more than Enyimba's 0.50

Plateau are fighting because of this, the LMC used head to head after PPG which shouldn't have been the case because after points, goal difference is next in line to determine position

Modified
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by elpochas: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
christejames:

Two seasons ago abeilt Confederation Cup.
MR Man i said The CAF Champions league and not the Confederation Cup.So can you give me the answer to my question.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlayerForever: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ajibel:

Enyimba has 5 games outstanding. Isnt it baffling that even at that, enyimba still comes close to rivers in whatever parameters you're also using

Help me ask them o. Enyimba would still top them if they had played out their 5 remaining matches. Useless people undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlayerForever: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Do your maths well

See me o. No mind them undecided
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by vikiphy89(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
chaloskyx:
but i just checked and rivers is second 45 points and eyimba is fourth with 37 points in the table now so where is this report coming from?
Enyimba still has 5 outstanding matches of which they are playing at home in 3 of those encounter. Okay what if enyimba should get all maximum points in those remaining encounter, don't u think they are league winners considering the form then? . Even that rules is nt in favour of enyimba if that be the case because they got every opportunity of winning the league in their hands if they had won 4 out of the remaining 5.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edopesin:

You're not doing the maths correctly

It is the goals scored/ matches played not the other way around

Plateau have 0.52 which is 0.02 more than Enyimba's 0.50

Plateau are fighting because of this, the LMC used head to head after PPG which shouldn't have been the case because after points, goal difference is next in line to determine position
What are you even saying...

Firstly the fight is between Rivers United and Enyimba, not Platue United.

Secondly, if (goals scored/matches) played, then Enyimba still qualifies ahead of Rivers United.

For Enyimba

Goals Scored = 30
Matches Played = 20.
Goals scored/Matches played = 30/20= 1.5

For Rivers United.

Goals Scored = 28
Matches Played = 25
Goals scored/Matches Played = 28/25= 1.12

1.5 > 1.12 hence Enyimba still qualify.

Whatever Parameter you use be it PPG with(Head to Head), Goals Coefficient or WPPG, Enyimba will still be ahead of Rivers United.

The only glimmer of hope Rivers United may have, is the Original Goals difference where Rivers United has +13 while Enyimba has +10.
But using Goals difference won't make sense since the teams in question didn't play the same number of games i.e Enyimba played five games less.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by kaludestiny10(m): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
What the LMC used in determining the teams that will represent the country in the caf competitions is known as points per game (PPG), due to the fact that some teams played more games than others before the league got suspended due to Covid 19.
The formula for the PPG is Points divided by number of games played and Goals divided by number of games played.
Now Rivers united had 45 points, with 25 games played, while Enyimba had 36 points, with 20 games played.
So Rivers utd PPG is 45 ÷ 25 = 1.8
Enyimba PPG is 36 ÷ 20 = 1.8.
So they are tired on the PPG for points.
Now let us check for the PPG for goals
Rivers had +13 goals, while Enyimba had +10 goals before the league was suspended.
Rivers utd PPG for goals is 13÷25 = 0.52
Enyimba PPG for goals is 10÷20 = 0.5
So to me, Rivers united should be the team representing Nigeria in the caf champions league and not Enyimba.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by sonofthunder: 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:
Nigeria will never cease to amaze me.

Clearly Rivers United is ahead of Enyimba this season no matter the parameter used.

So why is enyimba placed above Rivers based on what
Eyimba has like 5 games outstanding and not far behind at all.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

What are you even saying...

Firstly the fight is between Rivers United and Enyimba, not Platue United.

Secondly, if (goals scored/matches) played, then Enyimba still qualifies ahead of Rivers United.

For Enyimba

Goals Scored = 30
Matches Played = 20.
Goals scored/Matches played = 30/20= 1.5

For Rivers United.

Goals Scored = 28
Matches Played = 25
Goals scored/Matches Played = 28/25= 1.12

1.5 > 1.12 hence Enyimba still qualify.

Whatever Parameter you use be it PPG with(Head to Head), Goals Coefficient or WPPG, Enyimba will still be ahead of Rivers United.

The only glimmer of hope Rivers United may have, is the Original Goals difference where Rivers United has +13 while Enyimba has +10.
But using Goals difference won't make sense since the teams in question didn't play the same number of games i.e Enyimba played five games less.

You are only trying too hard to justify it

It is Goal difference/Matches played not Matched

That is what my initial comment said, you cannot use just goal scored to determine position, you should know this

When two teams are tied on the same point, goal difference will be use to determine position

Now

Since the league wasn't completed, the points per game (PPG) was used to even things out, when teams are tied on the same PPG, you are supposed to use goal difference per game to also even things out

This is what Rivers are fighting for

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Femeto: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/rivers-united-to-drag-lmc-to-fifa-cas-over-npfl-table/
Una done pay una players finish? Where una wan see 200 Million for CAS case.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Femeto: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edopesin:

That is what my initial comment said, you cannot use just goal scored to determine position, you should know this

When two teams are tied on the same point, goal difference will be use to determine position

Now

Since the league wasn't completed, the points per game (PPG) was used to even things out, when teams are tied on the same PPG, you are supposed to use goal difference per game to also even things out

Eyimbas outstanding matches should make them top the table then. This is daylight robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by robosky02(m): 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ajibel:
They're just envious enyimba is ahead of them. Make Dem eat shit

Ajibel and surprise you are saying this

We are not talking of envy here

Enyimba is clearly Nigeria's most successful team I agree. But at this point in time Rivers are in form and are clearly ahead.

Its like saying the in England the FA semi finals game should be given to man city without playing. Whereas Arsenal were in form for the day and won it. They even went ahead to beat Chelsea

So why bent the rule that's my point

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by robosky02(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edopesin:

Now

Abeg tell him

And the issue is

Rivers United earned all their points on the pitch not like they have to give them board room points

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inter Milan ‘to Terminate’ Eriksen’s Contract Six Months After Cardiac Arrest / Olajumoke Olajide: A Nigerian Para Athlete (Photos, Video) / CAF Snub Super Eagles Stars In Africa XI For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.