Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,222 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table (13183 Views)

This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension / Samson Siasia Reacts To FIFA Ban. / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edopesin:

You are only trying too hard to justify it

It is Goal difference/Matches played not Matched

That is what my initial comment said, you cannot use just goal scored to determine position, you should know this

When two teams are tied on the same point, goal difference will be use to determine position

Now

Since the league wasn't completed, the points per game (PPG) was used to even things out, when teams are tied on the same PPG, you are supposed to use goal difference per game to also even things out

This is what Rivers are fighting for

You said Goals Scored/Games Played.
peep your comment below.

Edopesin:

At the bolded
Head to Head, Weighted PPG will put Enyimba ahead but that's just how LMC wants to scam them because goal difference coefficient should have been considered before head to head and Wppg
Modified
Goal difference coefficient is Goals scored/Games played to make it even since the league wasn't completed
I was quoting you verbertim.
Besides, Rivers United's argument is actually for Goals scored/Match played.
Check the original article on FP.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:

Abeg tell him

And the issue is

Rivers United earned all their points on the pitch not like they have to give them board room points
But according to the article YOU posted on FP, the argument that Rivers United is making actually favours Enyimba, Abi did you post a wrong one??
Read it.
Rivers United is asking for Goals Scored/Games Played.
That still places Enyimba ahead of them.
Read your article again
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by adisabarber(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
Can goal difference be used when some teams played more matches than others?

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Bluffly: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lamasta:
Rivers United should accept their fate and forget going to court cos its a waste of time and effort..
Every decision made by the NPFL is for the good of all teams that participated without any bias...
People as docile as you are the problem of Nigeria. The court is there to settle disputes. Why say they shouldn't go. Is it your time and effort
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by mordred44: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wot are dey dragin.....league dat has no prize 4 winner....yeye league
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by robosky02(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Even if you use Goals Coefficient.
Enyimba would be in second position.
Do your maths well
Enyimba scored 30 goals in 20 games that'll give you a coefficient of 1.5
Rivers United scored 28 goals in 25 game's that'll give you a coefficient of 1.12.

The Rivers people are even confused.
they don't even know what they are fighting for.
they'd lose at CAS if they are foolish enough to go to that extent.

You don't even know what you are saying. So seem to be the confused one here so don't confuse people

Let's look at the table again

1 Plateau United Plateau Utd 25 14 7 4 36 15 +21 49

2 Rivers United Rivers Utd 25 13 6 6 28 15 +13 45

3 Lobi Stars Lobi Stars 25 12 7 6 26 19 +7 43

4 Enugu Rangers Enugu. 24 10 7 7 25 20 +5 37

5 Enyimba Enyimba 20 11 3 6 30 20 +10 36

Before the suspension

1 on points Rivers united were ahead 45 points. While enyimba has 36 points

2 on goal difference Rivers united have +13. While enyimba has +10

However Enyimba has played 5 games less hence the introduction of the PPG system

After the adoption of points per game, it was Plateau United who finishes on top of the table with 1.96 points, while Enyimba and Rivers United occupied the second and third position with 1.80 points respectively,

However the Aba Elephant have been pushed to second, thanks to better head to head record against Rivers United.

And the question is

1.how can you use head to head when the both team only meet once in aba?

2. What happens to Rivers united that clearly got ALL their points on the pitch?
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by robosky02(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

But according to the article YOU posted on FP, the argument that Rivers United is making actually favours Enyimba, Abi did you post a wrong one??
Read it.
Rivers United is asking for Goals Scored/Games Played.
That still places Enyimba ahead of them.
Read your article again

Who be this one again
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:

You don't even know what you are saying. So seem to be the confused one here so don't confuse people

Let's look at the table again

1 Plateau United Plateau Utd 25 14 7 4 36 15 +21 49

2 Rivers United Rivers Utd 25 13 6 6 28 15 +13 45

3 Lobi Stars Lobi Stars 25 12 7 6 26 19 +7 43

4 Enugu Rangers Enugu. 24 10 7 7 25 20 +5 37

5 Enyimba Enyimba 20 11 3 6 30 20 +10 36

Before the suspension

1 on points Rivers united were ahead 45 points. While enyimba has 36 points

2 on goal difference Rivers united have +13. While enyimba has +10

However Enyimba has played 5 games less hence the introduction of the PPG system

After the adoption of points per game, it was Plateau United who finishes on top of the table with 1.96 points, while Enyimba and Rivers United occupied the second and third position with 1.80 points respectively,

However the Aba Elephant have been pushed to second, thanks to better head to head record against Rivers United.

And the question is

1.how can you use head to head when the both team only meet once in aba?

2. What happens to Rivers united that clearly got ALL their points on the pitch?

It's not by quoting me and asking questions besides the point.
Read the initial write up uploaded on FP.
Rivers United is asking for Goals scored/Games Played.
Abi you don't know how to read again??
If Goals Scored/Games Played is used, Enyimba would still be ahead. that's what I'm saying.
you are the one confused because, it appears you didn't even read what you uploaded.

If head to head is used Enyimba finishes ahead

If Goals Scored/Games played is used Enyimba finishes ahead.

only Goals Difference/Games Played will go in Rivers United's favour..
Read the darn article again!
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:

Who be this one again

According to what you posted on Fp

This is Rivers United's Position....

They continued the argument, “With the application
of PPG , all teams are now measured equally
erasing the scenario of whether or not any club
played higher number of matches than the other.

“It also follows therefore that in separating the tie
by goal difference, is to divide number of goals
scored by number of matches played to arrive at a
coefficient.

Most of y'all don't even read what you post.
smh
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by robosky02(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

According to what you posted on Fp

This is Rivers United's Position....

They continued the argument, “With the application
of PPG , all teams are now measured equally
erasing the scenario of whether or not any club
played higher number of matches than the other.

“It also follows therefore that in separating the tie
by goal difference, is to divide number of goals
scored by number of matches played to arrive at a
coefficient.

Most of y'all don't even read what you post.
smh

With the PPG what we will have is

After the adoption of points per game, it was Plateau United who finishes on top of the table with 1.96 points, while Enyimba and Rivers United occupied the second position with 1.80 points respectively,

Which is to say they are equal

Both the LMC brought in head to head to push Enyimba ahead. And saying Enyimba will represent better

That the argument
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
robosky02:

With the PPG what we will have is

After the adoption of points per game, it was Plateau United who finishes on top of the table with 1.96 points, while Enyimba and Rivers United occupied the second position with 1.80 points respectively,

Which is to say they are equal

Both the LMC brought in head to head to push Enyimba ahead. And saying Enyimba will represent better

That the argument
Good

Now I'm telling you that the argument that Rivers United is going with, i.e Goals Scored/Games Played will still hand the 2nd position to Enyimba.

The only way Rivers United finishes above Enyimba is if Goal Difference/Matches Played is used, that should be wat they ask for.

N/B. Ordinary Goal difference can't be used because of the disparity in number of games played by the two teams
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Lamasta(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2020
Bluffly:

People as docile as you are the problem of Nigeria. The court is there to settle disputes. Why say they shouldn't go. Is it your time and effort

Some of You will just come online and be throwing insult instead of sitting down and read and get facts first I SHAKE MY HEAD FOR YOU...
We will all be here to read the outcome

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Sunnyja: 12:41am On Aug 10, 2020
robosky02:
Nigeria will never cease to amaze me.

Clearly Rivers United is ahead of Enyimba this season no matter the parameter used.

So why is enyimba placed above Rivers based on what
The answer is simple, COURRUPTION.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Sunnyja: 12:46am On Aug 10, 2020
SlayerForever:

Help me ask them o. Enyimba would still top them if they had played out their 5 remaining matches. Useless people undecided
Is it a MUST that Eyimba will win all the 5 matches?!

1 Like

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Bluffly: 12:49am On Aug 10, 2020
Lamasta:

Some of You will just come online and be throwing insult instead of sitting down and read and get facts first I SHAKE MY HEAD FOR YOU...
We will all be here to read the outcome
Keep shaking. It's allowed
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 7:36am On Aug 10, 2020
SlyCharlie:

You said Goals Scored/Games Played.
peep your comment below.

I was quoting you verbertim.
Besides, Rivers United's argument is actually for Goals scored/Match played.
Check the original article on FP.

See the article Rivers United posted on Twitter
Check sixth paragraph

This is what I've been saying, I called it goal difference coefficient not goal scored coefficient, you should have known that that was a mistake

@robosky02

Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Ajibel(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2020
robosky02:

Ajibel and surprise you are saying this

We are not talking of envy here

Enyimba is clearly Nigeria's most successful team I agree. But at this point in time Rivers are in form and are clearly ahead.

Its like saying the in England the FA semi finals game should be given to man city without playing. Whereas Arsenal were in form for the day and won it. They even went ahead to beat Chelsea

So why bent the rule that's my point

Guy which rivers United is in form? Or haven't you also seen Enyimba's win ratio despite playing less. Enyimba won 4 out of their last 5 games, despite also facing continental games, isn't that a team also in form So don't use form to put rivers ahead because both teams didn't play the same number of games

My bro, on this one we disagree. Because of enyimba, Nigeria can now have two reps in the champions league. If they didn't perform well, rivers United won't even have an opportunity to represent because it's only plateau United that would have repped us.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Ajibel(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2020
Sunnyja:

Of course why won't enyimba win their remaining 5 games. This is a team that won 4 of their last 5 games including 2 away games. You're not following naija league
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2020
Edopesin:

Check sixth paragraph

This is what I've been saying, I called it goal difference coefficient not goal scored coefficient, you should have known that that was a mistake

@robosky02
Bottom Line, their argument is wrong!
Simple.
Even this article is still argued from a wrong perspective.

Given, you may be right with the Goal Difference/Games Played.

But the article is wrong by saying Divide the Number of goals scored by number of matches played! because, that makes the argument for Enyimba!

That's the angle I was coming from.
Either them at Rivers United don't understand simple maths or their PR and Information department just made a huge blunder.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Bottom Line, their argument is wrong!
Simple.
Even this article is still argued from a wrong perspective.

Given, you may be right with the Goal Difference/Games Played.

But the article is wrong by saying Divide the Number of goals scored by number of matches played! because, that makes the argument for Enyimba!

That's the angle I was coming from.
Either them at Rivers United don't understand simple maths or their PR and Information department just made a huge blunder.

We all know goal difference separates position and they already mentioned it before the blunder

Since points/games played is used to even things out then goal difference/games played should have also been used in scenarios like this

Rivers are fighting a just cause
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by christejames(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2020
elpochas:
MR Man i said The CAF Champions league and not the Confederation Cup.So can you give me the answer to my question.

Heartland was in the finals couple of years ago, so what's the fuss there.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by elpochas: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2020
christejames:

Heartland was in the finals couple of years ago, so what's the fuss there.
That was 11yrs ago.Since then how many NPFL Team has made the semis?you see how hard it is for you to answer it.
These just tells you that NPFL is no match to those Northen Sides.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlyCharlie(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2020
Edopesin:

We all know goal difference separates position and they already mentioned it before the blunder

Since points/games played is used to even things out then goal difference/games played should have also been used in scenarios like this

Rivers are fighting a just cause
The problem is from the LMC which didn't make things clear on what to happen if there was a tie after PPG.
They left he room open for litigations like this.
However, since they are pointing Force Majure as the reason for ending the league abruptly and using PPG, rightly so.... then interpretation or in the case deciding on a tie breaker still lies on the footsteps on the LMC.
You can't assume that because PPG was used as first, tie breaker them Goals difference coefficient should be the next beacuse, we are in extraordinary circumstances and the original rule book i.e Points, then Goals Difference before Head to Head has been thrown out the window due to a lack of a contingency plan.

Since Force Majure is what is being sighted as a reason, then it might fly. Well, Rivers United can approach CAS and try their luck.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by robosky02(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2020
Edopesin:

Check sixth paragraph

@robosky02

See let me clear your bias

1. Enyimba is a good club no doubt which we all support

2. On the issue on ground LMC has done every calculation and said Enyimba and Rivers are tied.

3. So the natural thing to do is used the known rule. Have stated it earlier.

Not because you want to favour enyimba is change you at the end of the game

By using head to head
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2020
robosky02:

See let me clear your bias

1. Enyimba is a good club no doubt which we all support

2. On the issue on ground LMC has done every calculation and said Enyimba and Rivers are tied.

3. So the natural thing to do is used the known rule. Have stated it earlier.

Not because you want to favour enyimba is change you at the end of the game

By using head to head

i guess you quoted the wrong person cos this is literally what I'm saying
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlayerForever: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
Sunnyja:

I didn't say Enyimba will win the 5 outstanding matches. But as at the time the league was stopped Rivers Utd were leading with 8 points and goal difference of just 3. If Enyimba play those outstanding matches there's no way they won't be ahead of Rivers Utd on goal difference or points or both, considering form and strength.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
SlayerForever:

I didn't say Enyimba will win the 5 outstanding matches. But as at the time the league was stopped Rivers Utd were leading with 8 points and goal difference of just 3. If Enyimba play those outstanding matches there's no way they won't be ahead of Rivers Utd on goal difference or points or both, considering form and strength.

So we should give them the slot because of form and strength? what assurance do you have that Rivers won't improve in form and even win the league?

Stop imagining and use the stats on ground
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by SlayerForever: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
Edopesin:

So we should give them the slot because of form and strength? what assurance do you have that Rivers won't improve in form and even win the league?

Stop imagining and use the stats on ground

We're not talking of concluding the league. If the league is allowed to run to conclusion any team can win. The issue is Enyimba's outstanding matches, 5 in number! If you allow them play those five matches they will top Rivers Utd. Simple.
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by Edopesin: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
SlayerForever:

We're not talking of concluding the league. If the league is allowed to run to conclusion any team can win. The issue is Enyimba's outstanding matches, 5 in number! If you allow them play those five matches they will top Rivers Utd. Simple.

The question is how do you know they will top?
Re: Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table by maxzzo1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Too bad moreover they ve jam rock ....wike boys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Ogu To Leave Hapoel Beer Sheva After 5 Years / Inter Milan ‘to Terminate’ Eriksen’s Contract Six Months After Cardiac Arrest / Olajumoke Olajide: A Nigerian Para Athlete (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.