Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,441 members, 7,830,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? (7729 Views)

What Sort Of Dumb Question Did Ashafa Ask / QUESTION: Did Jonathan Remove Copies Of Buhari's Certificates? / Do You Think Nigeria Can Actually Get Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 1:47am On Feb 18, 2011
hey oga physics it is clear from the non academic references you post that sudan geographically is sub saharan but its not politically so for the arab and political factors. as i said before ghana's accurate claim is the first black african nation south of the sahara would that include arab sudan no sir so why the fuss accept it, in any case i have never been proud of this status of ghana anyway. all i want to see is development regardless of time of independnec which you and i can appreciate that both our countries need it.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 1:53am On Feb 18, 2011
you as a science person should know how rigorous publising an article let alone having a theory and constant named after you due to your work. now you seem to accept how racist this wolrd is, how than will a racist scientific community assuming it so easily accept a ghanaian's theory and publish it and use it if the work did not speak for itself. check out the only african scientist to be listed in world's 100 top physicsist allotey yep u guessed right how can his theory and constant be insignifcant when nasa uses it consistently
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:04am On Feb 18, 2011
ROFL, desperation, desperation. See the cheeky Ghanaian getting flustered.

The maps are not made by wikipedia editors you dummy, they have sources. In the case of the statement about the Sahel that I quoted there were 8 different sources for that statement, which shows that Sudan's grouping with North Africa has more to do with links with the Arab world than common sense.

In the case of the Sudan population density map on wikipedia, the source is Columbia University, one of the more prestigious universities on this planet and certainly not "un academic"

"Gridded Population of the World, version 3 (GPWv3) and the Global Rural-Urban Mapping Project (GRUMP) are the latest developments in the rendering of human populations in a common geo-referenced framework, produced by the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) of the Earth Institute at Columbia University."

http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/gpw/

And Allotey? I'm still laughing. My original grouse was some Ghanaian claiming he was the only African scientist with anything named after him.

And "work out space matter"? By that you mean. . .? Do you even know anything about physics? Or will you finally admit that you don't have any idea of what they do or do not use his research for?

Let me give you some samples of the kind of cheeky statements that provoke laughter from me:

"The amazing and most popular Allotey constant, a technique for determining matter in space by scientists at the National  Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA),an independent Agency of The United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight and other successful individuals and organizations in the scientific fraternity. Some He also proved wrong the assertion that parallel lines don’t meet and said, “In the flat space parallel lines don’t meet, but in curved they meet. Eg. If you are in globe start at parallel and meet at the end.

Many computers were upgraded or are upgraded due to the same Allotey constant or fomalism."

"As if the achievements of the Professor are enough, A NASA spaceship was stuck somewhere in space and Professor Allotey was able to bring it down through mathematical calculations. He resolved a huge industrial action in the U.S by mathematical calculations. He can predict results of lotteries."

http://www.ghanaianscientists.org/story233.html

Non-Euclidean geometry was established around 1830 by Bolyai and Lobachevsky, over 180 years ago, so talk of Allotey first proving that parallel lines meet in curved space is laughable.

The other bolded points are too comical to even address.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:10am On Feb 18, 2011
kabna:

hey oga physics it is clear from the non academic references you post that sudan geographically is sub saharan but its not politically so for the arab and political factors. as i said before ghana's accurate claim is the first black african nation south of the sahara would that include arab sudan no sir so why the fuss accept it, in any case i have never been proud of this status of ghana anyway. all i want to see is development regardless of time of independnec which you and i can appreciate that both our countries need it.

Ok. Never said Sudan was not politically inclined to the Arab world. In fact that was part of my point.

kabna:

you as a science person should know how rigorous publising an article let alone having a theory and constant named after you due to your work. now you seem to accept how racist this wolrd is, how than will a racist scientific community assuming it so easily accept a ghanaian's theory and publish it and use it if the work did not speak for itself. check out the only african scientist to be listed in world's 100 top physicsist allotey yep u guessed right how can his theory and constant be insignifcant when nasa uses it consistently

Statements like this false statement in bold are the kind of statements that only provoke me to go even further. If you can produce this so called list of worlds 100 top physicists (as though such a thing actually existed  undecided) do so. Until then, I can only laugh at all this inappropriate aggrandizement.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:21am On Feb 18, 2011
YOU ARE PHOKIND DELUDED; HAVE I NOT EXPLAINED RIGHT FROM THE BEGINING WHY SUDAN WAS NOT CLASSED AS BLACK AFRICAN?
SO WHY ARE YOU MAKING A FUSS?
AS I SAID YOU ERONEOUSLY THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN MOI SIMPLY BEING GHANAIAN HENCE YOUR NEED TO PROVE SO THATS YOUR ONLY REASON FOR THESE BASELESS ARGUMENTS.

DID YOU CHECK MA REFS?

AND ALSO FOR YOUR INFO DID YOU KNOW YOUR SO CALLED NAFDAC TECHNOLOGY OF DETECTING FALSE DRUGS WRE BY GHANAIAN YOUNG BRAINS? CHECK OUT MPEDIGREE FOOL
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:22am On Feb 18, 2011
For the record I have nothing against Allotey and it's good that he's encouraging science in Ghana and his past work is laudable, but not to the point of concocting all sorts of fables about him. That was the point.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:26am On Feb 18, 2011
I AM GONNA POST MY LIST OF 100 TOP PHYSICSIST BUT NO YOU DO SOME ACADEMIC RESEARCHING FOOL

ME DESPERATE TO PROVE WHAT TO YOU? AM ASSERTING THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT MY PROUD CONFIDENT PEOPLE.

ALL MA RESEACRH ABOUT NIGERIAN ANIMOUSITY TOWARDS GHANAIANS POINTS TO THE 1983 HUNGER DUE TO DROUGHT.

JUST BECAUSE PPL COME TO SEEK REFUGE FROM YOU IN TIMES OF NEED YOU THINK THEY ARE LESSER AND SO YOU DEVELOP SUCH EVIL OPPOSITION AGAINST ANYTHING GHANAIANA AND WHEN FACTS ARE BEEN PUT ACROSS, YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE BECLOUDED BY SENTIMENTS AND PREJUDICE FOOLS I SAY FOOLS WHICH I WILL SEEK TO OBLITERATE ANYTIMR ANYWHERE
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:29am On Feb 18, 2011
kabna:

YOU ARE PHOKIND DELUDED; HAVE I NOT EXPLAINED RIGHT FROM THE BEGINING WHY SUDAN WAS NOT CLASSED AS BLACK AFRICAN?
SO WHY ARE YOU MAKING A FUSS?
AS I SAID YOU ERONEOUSLY THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN MOI SIMPLY BEING GHANAIAN HENCE YOUR NEED TO PROVE SO THATS YOUR ONLY REASON FOR THESE BASELESS ARGUMENTS.

DID YOU CHECK MA REFS?

AND ALSO FOR YOUR INFO DID YOU KNOW YOUR SO CALLED NAFDAC TECHNOLOGY OF DETECTING FALSE DRUGS WRE BY GHANAIAN YOUNG BRAINS? CHECK OUT MPEDIGREE FOOL

You dummy, have you ever seen Sudanese? Some of them are the blackest people on the planet and those that aren't so very dark are still black. To not group them with the other black Africans is a politically inspired error that the UN caved into and that's what I was stating.

I was the one who explained right from the beginning that Sudan was classified as North African on tenuous political ground since the same thing could have been done with Mali, except that the Malians don't have overt pro-Arab world leanings in their government and instead you came in here with some nonsense about the majority of the population actually not living below the Sahara desert. grin You repeated this nonsense twice and then I hammered it down with facts.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:32am On Feb 18, 2011
NEVERTHELESS WE ARE FRIENDS INIT BRUV?   NAIJA GHANA GHANA NAIJA

ALLOTEY HAS DONE WELL I NEVER MADEE ANY FALSE ASSERTIONS ABOUT HIM WHAT YOU GOT FROM OTHER SOURCES ARE NOT MY ASSERTION GET IT?

HE IS  A GREAT SCIENTIST PERIOD IT WAS YOUR ASSERTIONS OF HIS CONTRIBUTION WAS INSIGNIFICANT THAT PROVOKED ME WHEN CLEARLY HIS MATHEMATICAL PRINCIPLE IS APPLIED TO REAL LIFE SPACE TECHNOLOGY. SEE IF HE WAS NIGERIAN YOU WOLUD HAV HAILED HIM INIT?
LEARN TO APPRECIATE GHANA FOR WE AINT GOING NO WHERE AND WE WILL GET EVEN GREATER AND BIGGER. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:36am On Feb 18, 2011
kabna:

I AM GONNA POST MY LIST OF 100 TOP PHYSICSIST BUT NO YOU DO SOME ACADEMIC RESEARCHING FOOL

ME DESPERATE TO PROVE WHAT TO YOU? AM ASSERTING THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT MY PROUD CONFIDENT PEOPLE.

ALL MA RESEACRH ABOUT NIGERIAN ANIMOUSITY TOWARDS GHANAIANS POINTS TO THE 1983 HUNGER DUE TO DROUGHT.

JUST BECAUSE PPL COME TO SEEK REFUGE FROM YOU IN TIMES OF NEED YOU THINK THEY ARE LESSER AND SO YOU DEVELOP SUCH EVIL OPPOSITION AGAINST ANYTHING GHANAIANA AND WHEN FACTS ARE BEEN PUT ACROSS, YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE BECLOUDED BY SENTIMENTS AND PREJUDICE FOOLS I SAY FOOLS WHICH I WILL SEEK TO OBLITERATE ANYTIMR ANYWHERE

Guy the "Ghana must go" event of 1983 was unfortunate and I don't agree that it should have happened, but Ghana did something similar in 1969 in a way that just so happened to mostly affect Nigerians:

http://books.google.com/books?id=s3kaTLyAKo0C&pg=PA63&lpg=PA63&dq=1969+ghana+nigeria+expulsion&source=bl&ots=RSucVcsqH1&sig=GcvIc2XZ0-CxTyNSZV2ZuWSjZwQ&hl=en&ei=gctdTcrHKdHPgAfJstzzDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDIQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=1969%20ghana%20nigeria%20expulsion&f=false

http://www.migrationinformation.org/USFocus/display.cfm?ID=381

www.imi.ox.ac.uk/pdfs/rasheed-olaniyi+1969+ghana+nigeria+expulsion&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj-WwkVPAbLzS-Ed5MvbUAFspJemT5eV6WeFv7-01vUUun-5saZywep8hukaRjG0UFGIKitybHdwYgwkfeLk9jhIBAEIhf-dLPyw5mkesOm0RVu6eqTs9CNIxiY9fXamn8H5zv2&sig=AHIEtbSSqrq88riRFlNdvxNxU28PYyaWbg">http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:EZmzupxZvVMJ:www.imi.ox.ac.uk/pdfs/rasheed-olaniyi+1969+ghana+nigeria+expulsion&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj-WwkVPAbLzS-Ed5MvbUAFspJemT5eV6WeFv7-01vUUun-5saZywep8hukaRjG0UFGIKitybHdwYgwkfeLk9jhIBAEIhf-dLPyw5mkesOm0RVu6eqTs9CNIxiY9fXamn8H5zv2&sig=AHIEtbSSqrq88riRFlNdvxNxU28PYyaWbg

Not that the 1983 event was right, but not everyone is innocent.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:36am On Feb 18, 2011
I KNOW SUDAN DAFUR DUMMY FOOL  I KNOW SUDAN EVERY ONE KNOWS SOUTHER SUDAN RECENT REFERENDUM TO SEPARATE NEW STATE TO BE FORMED. SOUTHER SUDAN CAPITAL JUBA ABIA DISPUTED IKNW ALL AND KNW THE BLACKS SOME MA FRIENDS HERE IN UK , I CANT SPILL EVERTY THING OUT AM ASSUMING U KNW SOMETHING BUT YOU JUST CUT AND PASTE FROM SOURCES SILLY FOOL

GHANA REMAINS FIRST BLACK NATION SOUTH OF SAHARA TO GAIN INDEPENDENCE ACCEPT IT OR LEAVE IT FOOL
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:38am On Feb 18, 2011
kabna:

NEVERTHELESS WE ARE FRIENDS INIT BRUV?   NAIJA GHANA GHANA NAIJA

ALLOTEY HAS DONE WELL I NEVER MADEE ANY FALSE ASSERTIONS ABOUT HIM WHAT YOU GOT FROM OTHER SOURCES ARE NOT MY ASSERTION GET IT?

HE IS  A GREAT SCIENTIST PERIOD IT WAS YOUR ASSERTIONS OF HIS CONTRIBUTION WAS INSIGNIFICANT THAT PROVOKED ME WHEN CLEARLY HIS MATHEMATICAL PRINCIPLE IS APPLIED TO REAL LIFE SPACE TECHNOLOGY. SEE IF HE WAS NIGERIAN YOU WOLUD HAV HAILED HIM INIT?
LEARN TO APPRECIATE GHANA FOR WE AINT GOING NO WHERE AND WE WILL GET EVEN GREATER AND BIGGER. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.

I went overboard in saying his contribution was insignificant. What I meant is that it was completely blown out of proportion and used to state that it changed computers, saved spaceships, proved parallel lines could meet in curved space, etc.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:40am On Feb 18, 2011
listen 4give the spellings as u knw this is not an academic exercise. but the fact is ghana is the first black nation south of the shara to gain independence or at least we beat you nigeria to it. i knw nigeria must go, i was the first to bring it up on this site when some ignorant fools did not knw about it. yes both were unfortunate i concur but perharps you have gone beyond it however can you appreciate that these expulsions underpins the animousity between our people?
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by Jenifa1: 2:42am On Feb 18, 2011
for me,
mali is SSA
north sudan is North African
south Sudan is SSA

in the past, I have always considered sudan as part of SSA in some aspect but not part of SSA in other aspects (ex. their government etc). so it depends.

I don't understand why we are still trying to categorize complex issues into black and white. this idea of "facts" is sometimes very false. even most of what we consider facts were opinion of some people who just happen to write them in textbooks. ex social constructions
depending on the angle you use to look at it, ghana may be the first and if you choose to look at it in a different way, sudan may be the first.

just decide for yourself what you believe.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:47am On Feb 18, 2011
EH BRO ABOUT NAFDAC DID YOU KNOW THAT THE BRAINS BEHIND THE TECHNOLOGY ARE GHANAIANS? CHECK OUT BRIGHT SIMONS, HE IS ACTUALLY MY SCHOOL AND CLASSMATE FROM GHANA ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO, HE EVEN WON AN INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR TI, I THINK IT WAS A WORLD INVENTOR AWARD OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT. INFACT HE WAS A SPEAKER OR PANELIST AT A WORLD DAVOS CONVENTION I THINK IN SOUTH AFRICA CAPE TOWN YES SO YOU SEE HELP ME SPREAD THE MESSAGE GHANA HAS GREAT PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOUR COUNTRY ALSO HAS GREAT PEOPLE WE DESERVE RESPECT FROM EACH OTHER DONT YOU THINK?

ENOUGH GIVE UP
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:48am On Feb 18, 2011
kabna:

listen 4give the spellings as u knw this is not an academic exercise. but the fact is ghana is the first black nation south of the shara to gain independence or at least we beat you nigeria to it. i knw nigeria must go, i was the first to bring it up on this site when some ignorant fools did not knw about it. yes both were unfortunate i concur but perharps you have gone beyond it however can you appreciate that these expulsions underpins the animousity between our people?

Yeah, not doubting that you beat Nigeria to it, but when it's used as a point of chest beating over others that can only inspire critical minds to examine whether the claim is actually true or if it's actually partly due to the good fortune of another countries' political alignment and a classification scheme. If you want to believe Ghana was first, go ahead, I'm not stopping you, but when I examine the facts the whole claim isn't exactly rock solid to me.

And yeah the 1983 event was responsible for a lot of unnecessary animosity.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by Jenifa1: 2:49am On Feb 18, 2011
Kabna. lol.

yea. I admire ghana and it's people too. sometimes I really dislike the whole rivalry thing. but some will argue that it's friendly competition.
so don't be pissed jeez  tongue
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:50am On Feb 18, 2011
GIVE UP SO I CAN REST I THINK THE LADY HAS SETTLED IT FOR US LOOK AT IT HW YOU WANT TO FACTS ARE SOMETIME DECEPTIONS INCLUDING YOUR SOURCES AND MINE.

GIVE UP MAKE A GO SLEEP A. A. A.  grin
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 2:52am On Feb 18, 2011
Ghana is one of the most interesting countries in Africa, in my opinion. I even already listed some of the things and people from there that I admired. It's not that I claim that they don't have great people, rather it's just that in the recent Ghana-Nigeria squabbles one of the first things I'll hear as a claim of supposed superiority is that Ghana got independence first. Can anyone in his right mind state that Sudan is better than Ghana or the Sudanese people are better than the Ghanaians because Sudan got independence earlier? Of course not.
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 2:55am On Feb 18, 2011
PhysicsRND:

Yeah, not doubting that you beat Nigeria to it, but when it's used as a point of chest beating over others that can only inspire critical minds to examine whether the claim is actually true or if it's actually partly due to the good fortune of another countries' political alignment and a classification scheme. If you want to believe Ghana was first, go ahead, I'm not stopping you, but when I examine the facts the whole claim isn't exactly rock solid to me.

And yeah the 1983 event was responsible for a lot of unnecessary animosity.

WHEN WE STARTED I WANTED TO ENTER THE PC AND SHOOT YOU IF IT WERE POSSIBLE I THINK TECHNOLOGY IS STILL BEHIND BUT NW I WANT TO HUG YOU ESPECIALLY LADY JENIFA. SHE HAS DIFFUSED OUR MALE EGOS I THINK I LIKE AM, LOV SWEET
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by Jenifa1: 2:59am On Feb 18, 2011
yea kabna. btw can you not post in all caps.
it's considered rude u kno
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:02am On Feb 18, 2011
eh oga i have just seen your degrees oo  qed mhd , eh good one but you can appreciate that does not make you more intelligent than i n i ( its a rastafarian term meaning me) but hey i admire your degrees, i knw how tough and discipline you have to be to get qualifications i tried it . bro post a link and invite me so we can start educationg our people diplomatically on this ghana higeria rivalry and try to diffuse tensions. i beleieve we have to confront this issue before it gets blown out of proportion sooner or later waht say you?
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:05am On Feb 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

yea kabna. btw can you not post in all caps.
it's considered rude u kno

OH SWEET WHAT IS RUDE? FILL ME IN PLEASE AND I WILL APOLOGISE IF I HAVE TO
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:08am On Feb 18, 2011
PhysicsRND:

Ghana is one of the most interesting countries in Africa, in my opinion. I even already listed some of the things and people from there that I admired. It's not that I claim that they don't have great people, rather it's just that in the recent Ghana-Nigeria squabbles one of the first things I'll hear as a claim of supposed superiority is that Ghana got independence first. Can anyone in his right mind state that Sudan is better than Ghana or the Sudanese people are better than the Ghanaians because Sudan got independence earlier? Of course not.

I CONCUR
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by PhysicsRND(m): 3:08am On Feb 18, 2011
kabna:

eh oga i have just seen your degrees oo  qed mhd , eh good one but you can appreciate that does not make you more intelligent than i n i ( its a rastafarian term meaning me) but hey i admire your degrees, i knw how tough and discipline you have to be to get qualifications i tried it . bro post a link and invite me so we can start educationg our people diplomatically on this ghana higeria rivalry and try to diffuse tensions. i beleieve we have to confront this issue before it gets blown out of proportion sooner or later waht say you?

Yeah we should diffuse tensions. Anger, stress, and hate are no good for Africa going forward.

Lol, the abbreviations aren't degrees, QED = quantum electrodynamics (or quod erat demonstrandum), MHD = magnetohydrodynamics, HD = higher dimensional, RND = research n' development

It's just pointless nerdiness, on my part grin
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by savanaha: 3:12am On Feb 18, 2011
PhysicsRND:

He can predict results of lotteries."

Really? Hahaha
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by kabna(m): 3:20am On Feb 18, 2011
savanaha:

Really? Hahaha

YES AND NO CHOOSE ONE AND JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWER. IF YOU ARE NIGERIAN ANSWER NO AND IF FROM GHANA GH 4 SHORT ANSWER YES.

THE ONE WHO WRITES MOST WINS
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 18, 2011
north sudan is in north africa.

south sudan is in subsaharan africa.

why there's an argument about this, beats me.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by ababda: 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
I have to agree somewhat with tpia on this one. Yes, i am northern Sudanese and Coptic as well. Should Northern Sudan consider itself part of Sub saharan Africa, geographically speaking we are. However, culturally Northern Sudan have more in common with the her neighbor above. In fact the first President of then united Egypt and Sudan was actually technically Northern Sudanese Muhammad Naguib.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Naguib

Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by ababda: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
How do Northern Sudanese look like, there is no particular look, because the people in so called NOrthern Sudan have a diversity of different appearances, like everyone else in the world. However, like everywhere in Africa you have different tribes. One of the largest tribes in Northern Sudan is the Jaa'lin over 5 million people.

The Northern Sudanese Reality.

Jaa'lin tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duTaW4Wb2v0&feature=player_embedded

What race will you catogorize them as?

The video is before the wedding ceremony, the groom family must display their courage and valor by being symbolically whip, before the wedding ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kvyKI_V9VQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlo-hBHZYUQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC4za3tSVQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5RZC-5JNg&feature=related

AA in Northern Sudan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlIXrF0HU4&feature=related
Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by ababda: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
Unforunately this is the young generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CwUYekLRDM

Summation, There is no particular look or face for all Northern Sudanese, some look similar to nilotes, other look very ethiopians, other look similar to the ancient egyptians and nubians, and some look arab. Northern Sudan has every represenation of the African Continent beside Khoe-San. Then again nubian singer muhammed wardi do share some khoe-san characteristics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJ7li-7Zwo

Finally, that is the reality of NOrthern Sudan.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did Sudan Actually Get Indepedence Before Ghana? by ababda: 1:52am On Apr 12, 2011
As far as which country got their independence first in Subsaharan Africa,(Ghana or Sudan) my answer, it was obviously Sudan even before it became a different country from Egypt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Dominates Nigeria's Commercial Sector But Forgot The Media - Reno / BRACED: South South Leaders Launch New Security Outfit / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.