Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

6 Steps To Keep Your Marriage Happy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Steps To Keep Your Marriage Happy (1000 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Steps To Keep Your Marriage Happy by kinsoko(m): 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2011
hello forumite,

There are no hidden tricks or secrets in having a great marriage. Those wanting a satisfying relationship know that it takes constant attention and work to keep the levels of love and communications thriving and clear from things that would get in the way.

The following six steps will help you to know what you can do to add to your chances of making your marriage a happier one.

1. Show that you love your spouse and make things easier for them. You could start by helping around the house with chores or even giving your spouse a few minutes to relax.

2. Say 'thank you' more often. Do not take your spouse for granted. Too many married couples only focus on what their partner is doing that is wrong and never even notice the good things they do.

3. Do not be afraid to apologize and take responsibility for your part in marriage issues.

4. Avoid playing the 'blame game' with your partner. Blaming one another for everything only causes the other person to become defensive and angry, never solving anything. It will make matters worse.

5. Have some empathy for your spouse when issues arise. Try to understand where they are coming from and listen to them. REALLY listen to them.

6. Work on your own issues that you brought into the marriage. Many of your responses to your spouse's actions could be triggered by past events that could be from as far back as childhood. Get a hold of these issues so that your spouse does not suffer for them.

The 'behind the scenes' part of a marriage is the constant work that is required to keep your marriage alive and happy. Persevering spouses spend time and energy addressing issues as they come up and show affection and appreciation frequently.

am okoye chucks,i have been help couples survive relationship troubles for a while now,i don't call it a profession,to me,it is about passion.for more info on marriage issues/trouble call me on 08062232943,or send me an email to fiboffer@yahoo.com.i wish you a happy married life.
Re: 6 Steps To Keep Your Marriage Happy by r231(m): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2011
good grin cheesy
Re: 6 Steps To Keep Your Marriage Happy by Blazay(m): 3:36am On Feb 17, 2011
Just wondering if these would work with polygamists or bisexual spouses.
Re: 6 Steps To Keep Your Marriage Happy by Ninapha(f): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2011
@ poster,

There is one thing i want u to have in mind, over the years, i have learnt ONE thing! No two marriages are the same, in problems, in issues, in progress and every other thing. What works in one marriage may be a doom in another. Have u experienced where a man tells his wife that "SHE IS TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT" meaning, do ur own things while i do my own things.

I want to agree u hv made good points here but there is no general rule for success in marriage.

(1) (Reply)

I Have This Phobia Of Getting Killed / A Family Of 4 Dies Of Generator Fumes / ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.