Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement (36710 Views)

Egypt Coach, Queiroz Apologizes To Nigerians / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Victor Osimhen Blasts Punch Newspaper For Fabricating False Stories About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Knsley(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
Illiteracy at it's finest.
Na you go school pass. Idiat!
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Ykc2(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
flyingpig:
How is that a show of illiteracy? Call that a poor temper management and not illiteracy. Don't you have university graduates in Nigeria using curse words?
dont mind him, they wrote what the boy did not say and the young man got angry and your calling the young man an illiterate,is it punch that based in ogun state help the guy to secure contract with Napoli?like they say every family in Ekiti has more than fifty professors yet when we want to built half kilometer of bridge na illiterate Chinese people we call to come,Nigeria like only who speak good english finish

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Letzgo: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Illiteracy was behind his initial not very well thought through outburst. Perhaps he failed to understand the news report hence, his recanting and apologies.

Is it a crime to emulate or better Maradona's feat at Napoli?

Can you define illiteracy?
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by sonofElElyon: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
he understood it perfectly.. the only problem is that he said he was never interviewed and he never said so!!!

youthsinitiativ:

Illiteracy was behind his initial not very well thought through outburst. Perhaps he failed to understand the news report hence, his recanting and apologies.

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by youthsinitiativ(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Knsley:

Na you go school pass. Idiat!

That's how you address the people who had the unfortunate liability of bringing you into the world.

Poor little thing.

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by martineverest(m): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
SpaceX:
don't be stupid!! What do you mean by that? I know for sure you are worst than Buhari.
change your poverty mentality

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by SweetestIfy279: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good Way to go
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by thaoriginator: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
you are the one bro. cry
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Fearlez: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
When some ignorant kids were busy praising him for that brash statement, I knew it was all shade of wrong whether he was misquoted or not.

It was a battle he can't win. Only one person so far, the most powerful president in the world, Donald Trump, has been able to take on the press and he's suffering big time.

Never mind an illustrate greenhorn footballer!

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by bigtt76(f): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Toh! Trust Punch Newspaper to begin de hype one top 9 playing in Kajakistan or one stan country as having scored 50 goals in a season cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maxymilliano:
The earlier he retrace his steps the better.

The Press can make or mar his blossom career.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by earnit1: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
who cares
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by kabillionaire(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
kyuniii:
That's how star do
Exactly
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by madone: 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
how much u don make with ur school. non-stop poor man like u
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by madone: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Comedian2019:
Education is very important.
where the education carry u reach na to watch grammar for nairaland bah. wake up my guy
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Goalnaldo(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Front page at last just 3 days after my birthday and 5 years of trying. I feel like dancing. smiley May this August and indeed the rest of the year favour us all smiley
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Goalnaldo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
Realdeals:
LOL! Any small goal opportunity he misses in a match will become the headline the next day, with wicked adjectives like SELFISH, ARROGANCE etc.
They will start counting the number of matches he has played without a goal
grin grin
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by RPG2020(m): 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
He don give back? If no make he enter house if yes make we hear word
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Kissiemu(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Thunder go fire dem!!!

Osimehn I don help u say am again. I hate fake news.

Punch no dey shame at all
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by CrazyOptimist: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Shiooo, Where has your LITERACY brought you in life?
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Goalnaldo(m): 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Chukkson:

It wasn't a fake news. Punch cited a Source. That was why are backlash was on him cos a foreign media outlet posted the article and he didn't make any comment until punch cited the article.
he didn't attack the foreign media outlet because they wouldn't understand what "Na thunder go fire una" means. It shows he's obsessed with the phrase and desperately want to use it on people who understands it. Crazy kid grin
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by henryvirus(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
Please I'm a Corp member serving in Lagos.
I'm in need of a PPA in Ikorodu and it's environs.
I studied Law but I'd prefer to work in other establishments asides a Law firm. I'm proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Software troubleshooting and diagnosis, and quite versatile enough to adapt to any duty. Thanks.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by FrenchyL(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Not at all bruv! As a matter of fact, it should serve as motivation
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Chukkson: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
DominusPrime:

It was fake. He said he gave no such interview.

So his direct attack should go to the foreign media that was the original source.

If he was smart/literate enough, he'd have seen that Punch cited a Source.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by tony5(m): 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
OTayobami:

I am not understanding please elaborate
So Messi That Can't Speak English Or Understand Is An Illiterate, Smh
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by tony5(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
Must You Come To Nairaland To Flaunt Your Stupidity
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by SavageMaster: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:

Still doesn't change the fact that Punch credited a statement he never made to him
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Hades2016(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
you’re the illiterate here grin grin
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Bossman25(m): 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
He said he never gave a press interview ....so why should they impersonate him? That's an Offence.
The thunder go fire una.......what so bad about it..? He shouldn't even apologise at all......why will the media try to do something like that? If he did the interview and they coined some of his words at least we understand that the paper is try to make headlines and money.......
He should even sue Punch for that bulshit. If he doesn't have any skeleton in his cupboard there is nothing the press will do...they can't do shishi......instead they will just give him popularity much more than what he has.

quote author=Slynation post=92655674]Well.... That wasn't necessary, As a professional football that wants to succeed, He should stay away from Media posts and focus because the media will keep them coming....

[/quote]
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Bossman25(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
You will only get schools or farms here in Ikorodu.....
Why not apply for jobs like around Ketu, Ojota instead of ikorodu...it will just kill your job potentials in the nearest future.....

henryvirus:
Please I'm a Corp member serving in Lagos.
I'm in need of a PPA in Ikorodu and it's environs.
I studied Law but I'd prefer to work in other establishments asides a Law firm. I'm proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Software troubleshooting and diagnosis, and quite versatile enough to adapt to any duty. Thanks.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by captianfreeman(m): 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
All this children that think with anus sef.
Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by egoldman(m): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
flyingpig:
the worst you can do as a sport man is to fight the press. Even politicians, don't fight the press. Trump is not having it easy for fighting the press.

Not good to fight Journalists , they can make or mar anyone , they can dig your records from the second you were born to date, especially with the internet around

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement by Enice(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
I have been saying it for a long time. Punch newspaper is now a junk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia; 3 Types Of People After The Match / Ahmed Musa Arrested For Beating His Wife / Kelechi Iheanacho Faces Two Years In Prison Over Legal Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.