Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? (4647 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Date/marry Someone With The Same Surname As You And Is Not Related To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 12:30am On Feb 14, 2011
okay so my girls and I were chit-chatting one of these days and we talked about this topic. You know there are some surnames that are so common that it's very easy to come across them e.g Adesanya, Adekoya, Adebayo, Olusanya and so many more. Can't remember most of them now but you should know more examples.

I don't know if other tribes do have the same situation too but if they do can u date someone that has the same surname as yours? This question goes to the ladies especially, do you mind bearing the same surname all your life?

One of my friends actually just met a guy who is very much interested in her but they both have the same surname. If it were you what will you do?
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by 190: 12:36am On Feb 14, 2011
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 14, 2011
Why not?

I would just take it that I was so awesome, that even my wife's family had to take up my last name too to be part of that awesomeness. cool
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 12:42am On Feb 14, 2011
190, u don start again. What kind of comment is that? or haven't you heard of this kinda situation before?
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 12:46am On Feb 14, 2011
2buff:

Why not?

I would just take it that I was so awesome, that even my wife's family had to take up my last name too to be part of that awesomeness. cool

kk, if you say so.
but for me as a lady, i don't think i'll like that idea
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by 190: 1:41am On Feb 14, 2011
adeibi:

190, u don start again. What kind of comment is that? or haven't you heard of this kinda situation before?

Errmm, no ma!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 1:58am On Feb 14, 2011
lol
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by 190: 2:02am On Feb 14, 2011
is that your pic

you is dark beauty

nice keep the complexion up dont bleach like guinea fowl
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 3:28am On Feb 14, 2011
thanks
lol, let odunnu catch you
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by Tosinville(m): 3:35am On Feb 14, 2011
Watz bad in sharing the same surname with your boyfriend/fiance as a lady?
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by 190: 3:35am On Feb 14, 2011
Mscheww abeg make i follow better person talk Jor

Listen to this song its my valentine Gift for you

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLfT5uwkFxE&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 3:44am On Feb 14, 2011
i can't listen to the song. it'll be screeching, i guess that's how it works in 9ja
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by 190: 3:46am On Feb 14, 2011
adeibi:

i can't listen to the song. it'll be screeching, i guess that's how it works in 9ja
shocked shocked shocked huh
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by Tosinville(m): 3:46am On Feb 14, 2011
^^Guy na here u dey sleep day and night ni?always update and if u are havin problem from sleepin u beta go see a doc asap cos issues like diz ends up at psychiatric ward.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 3:49am On Feb 14, 2011
anyway thank you,
i see you've changed it to guinea fowl, u're such a chicken
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by omolasgidi(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2011
there is nothig wrong,
i have a friend whose mom had the same surname wiv the dad.
Different town and states,
she stilll claims she uses her own surname and has not adopted the husband's, cheesy grin grin
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by iice(f): 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
I would love it!
Means i don't have to change my last name.
My name is rare. . .there are a few similar pronunciations but the spelling is one of kind cool
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by omolasgidi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2011
Please tell me we share the same last name, kiss wink wink smiley
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by iice(f): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
Not a cosmic chance in the black hole
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by omolasgidi(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2011
life is never fair sad sad angry angry
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by dazzle37(f): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
Wow, i would love it, my surname is so rare and unique so i would be proud to still bear the name.
and it would save me all the stress of going to do the change of name, swear to an affidavite, and publish in paper.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by adeibi: 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2011
omolasgidi:

there is nothig wrong,
i have a friend whose mom had the same surname wiv the dad.
Different town and states,
she stilll claims she uses her own surname and has not adopted the husband's, cheesy grin grin

LMAO grin

dazzle37:

Wow, i would love it, my surname is so rare and unique so i would be proud to still bear the name.
and it would save me all the stress of going to do the change of name, swear to an affidavite, and publish in paper.

true that, you really made sense
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? by r231(m): 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2011
why not

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Have Loved To Be With A White Chick! / Lovely Pictures Of Gay Love / How Do I Quit Mastubation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.