Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President (18461 Views)

2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians / Theodore Orji To EFCC: I Am Vulnerable To COVID-19, I'm Above 70 Years / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by Charly68: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
Very simple but sad truth.. We need able and digital leader this time around,let's bring in professional thinkers on board to make the nation work.. No sentiment must be attached
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by quickly: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
PapaBaby:

I don't know where you're going with it. You can't compare those you mentioned with our politicians. For example Buhari did nothing between 1983 (after he was toppled) and 1999.
Bernie Sanders maybe 78yrs but he's fitter and more energetic than baba-go-slow Buhari.

Excatly, there was a book I read describing the disaster that happen when buhari plotted a coup and overthrew Shagari in the 80s.

Poverty hit Nigeria when buhari took over and that’s y babangida overthrew him.

Do research you will find out buhari took massive loans and stole millions of dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by Miracle1991: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
dangermouse:
I knew all along that the North is planning on retaining power beyond 2023. Is Yerima trying to tell us that south cannot present a credible candidate or what? For the interest of justice n equity, the south east shovld be given a chance come 2023.
go back and read again
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by Miracle1991: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
flyingpig:
I honestly don't know why some media houses grant interviews to self-destructive and selfish groups; for example this one and miyetti allah group. Such people should not be given any figment of idea to feel they or their opinions are relevant. They should be boy-cotted in decision making. I know what I'm saying is not a feature of democracy but man these guys utter shìt and their faeces shouldn't be allowed to circulate in the air lest some simple minded folks join the bandwagon.
but ipob terrorist idea should be allowed to circulate abi?
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by Miracle1991: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
Racoon:
Same Arewa Youth that said "the north will not relinquish power in 2023"? Forget it! Another incompetent northerner will still come & they will vote for him.
go back and read his statement.
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by dangermouse(m): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Miracle1991:
go back and read again
Learn to read in between the line. Sorry if u didnt get the real message he was passing across.
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by earnit3: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
oh
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by Miracle1991: 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
flyingpig:
I honestly don't know why some media houses grant interviews to self-destructive and selfish groups; for example this one and miyetti allah group. Such people should not be given any figment of idea to feel they or their opinions are relevant. They should be boy-cotted in decision making. I know what I'm saying is not a feature of democracy but man these guys utter shìt and their faeces shouldn't be allowed to circulate in the air lest some simple minded folks join the bandwagon.
in politics everybody is important, those you consider irrelevant are the one controlling the voters. No wonder the South East is far back ward in terms of politics.
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by toysam(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2020
Why do people retire at the age of 60,65, let us be sincere with our self, anything 60 is not fit to rule Nigeria. No strength to run around and take things effective as it supposed to be.
Re: Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President by quickly: 10:20am On Aug 12, 2020
toysam:
Why do people retire at the age of 60,65, let us be sincere with our self, anything 60 is not fit to rule Nigeria. No strength to run around and take things effective as it supposed to be.

The ideal age to be president is actually 60. From that age a person should have wrapped up his career and now use all experience gained .

The job of president needs a vigorous and energetic person and I agree anything over 70 should not be nearing that role. A country is like a big company with security issues

However there are exceptions

35-70 is good after 70 make dem go retire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Has His Own Campaign Rice Now / Edo Election Holds On Saturday - INEC / Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.