Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! (1969 Views)

Peter Obi’s Only Chance To Presidency Is 2039 – Bwala / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by aljharem(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
dangermouse:
Look arround you, they are plentious. The enterprenuers, CEO's, economists, and people with the with the wherewhittalls to turn the countries fortune arround. Must we keep recycling these old policians? Must we continue to mortgage our future and that of the next generationstin the hands of these old men that are out to loot our common patrimony? Yes u can make a difference. All hands must be on deck to actuallise a better Nigeria.

Oya mention these young people that can turn the country around

Remember we tried Kogi and look at it

Mention I am waiting
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by junketer(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Op must be very daft. So tinubu's presidency is a MUST to you because he mentored other people. Nonsensical nonsense. Tinubu installs his boys in lagos just so that he can continue to control lagos affairs and loots the state dry. Nigerian youths sef. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by CodeTemplar: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
OkutaNla:

Tinubu has across the board appeal. I can count enough igbos, Hausas, and other ethnicities he has helped along the way, not to mention Yorubas. Even igbos in Lagos are already rooting for him. That is what makes him not only qualified but also electible. Electibility is about how acceptable a person is to not just the masses but the political Elite. Peter Obi cannot even get PDP ticket to run for presidency because he lacks the general acceptability and electibility. Plus he is tribalistic and clannish.

Tinubu as president is a sure disaster not because he may not know what to do, but because of strong personal interest that will override any little plan he may have. What you have up there is a analysis of what obtains in politics but if Tinubu is weighed on solid public interest basis I can't give him a 5/100 ( 5% ).
He doesn't speak regarding sensitive issues like insecurity, corruption, or injustices. He is a reactionary fellow, and when he does, he carefully sits on the fence to avoid any negative backlash. That's not good enough for a local govt talk less of presidency.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by GFELOG2018: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
aljharem:
I agree but Please Peter Obi is out of it. They are all the same. Why not pick the lesser evil
MUMU
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by OkutaNla: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

the last thing any sensible Nigerian would do is vote for a man older than our current president..

infact.. anybody older than 70years is not physically fit to run for presidency.. I'm not saying Tinubu is a bad man.. but all I'm saying is.. it is time we as Nigerians let a president come from the igbo extraction... because if things continue like this... I'm not sure this country will hold on for long.. and the country needs to go back to regional government.. so each region can impose their own law and governance..

The problem with igbos is they are too tribalistic. Their electible leaders are hated by them. When I mean electible I am talking about the bridge builders that can actually win votes from other regions. E.g Rochas Okorocha and to an extent OUK. They will vote an hausa PDP candidate over those two if APC fields them, that I can guarantee you. Any igbo person that tries to be a bridge builder is called names like 'Okoawusa' or 'efulefu', yet they want to force clannish ones like Peter Obi down our throats. As for Tinubu, he is s qualified as any other Nigerian, and is not afraid to compete. Let igbos come out and compete for the ticket and see how it goes.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Piggyyeasters(f): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
TheGladiator:
Please this old man should go and sit down! Nigeria has younger, better, more upright candidates abeg!

Osinbanjo, Peter Obi over this greedy relic any day

Youths, wake up o!
please kindly delete Peter obituary
Hausa can not vote for infidel
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by CodeTemplar: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2020
aljharem:
I really hope we get it right. The country is decaying by the day
Tinubu isn't fit for LGA. He may have paid his dues at party level and stand a chance but he isn't fit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Do you live in Lagos before 1999? If you do, you will know.
Oga just name a major project tinubu did ..why do u guys like avoiding this simple request

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by OkutaNla: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Tinubu as president is a sure disaster not because he may not know what to do, but because of strong personal interest that will override any little plan he may have. What you have up there is a analysis of what obtains in politics but if Tinubu is weighed on solid public interest basis I can't give him a 5/100 ( 5% ).
He doesn't speak regarding sensitive issues like insecurity, corruption, or injustices. He is a reactionary fellow, and when he does, he carefully sits on the fence to avoid any negative backlash. That's not good enough for a local govt talk less of presidency.

Anyone with the qualities you described will not become president because such a person will be a talkative. Clever and wise politicians don't talk anyhow about sensitive issues because their words would be used against them at some point for political reasons. Tinubu is a student of history. Awolowo for all his good qualities failed to become president because he was too idealistic. He wasn't pragmatic enough to reach out to those that would have enabled him realize his goal of becoming president. Alas, yoruba votes weren't enough to get him elected. Anyone that wants to rule Nigeria as presently constituted must be seen to be a bridge-builder and circumspect about his utterances. Tinubu is smart enough to know that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
Seems the op has not gotten the memo that the Fulanis will not relinquish Aso rock without a fight... literally.

They have invaded the west and east and South in readiness for a bloody battle.

Break Nigeria already. It has expired and now it's giving all of us diarrhoea.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by ThatFairGuy: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga just name a major project tinubu did ..why do u guys like avoiding this simple request
It's too numerous to list, that's why I asked whether you're in Lagos before 1999. Ask those who're in Lagos before he assumed office and when he left.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

It's too numerous to list, that's why I asked whether you're in Lagos before 1999. Ask those who're in Lagos before he assumed office and when he left.
Oga name one major project or u shut up

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Jlow2: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
I dnt know what to say, 2015 election has taut me an unforgettable lesson
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by dangermouse(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
aljharem:

Oya mention these young people that can turn the country around

Remember we tried Kogi and look at it

Mention I am waiting
Was yahaya Bello elected? The death of Audu ogbe who won the election and died before he could be sworn in was how APC ushered him to take his place just because he was the runner up in the party primaries. I cannot mention any name for u. Look arround you. They are plenty.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by OkutaNla: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Don't mind that punk. If he truly wants to know what Tinubu did he can easily Google it. People like him have already made up their minds to hate Tinubu regardless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
OkutaNla:

Tinubu has across the board appeal. I can count enough igbos, Hausas, and other ethnicities he has helped along the way, not to mention Yorubas. Even igbos in Lagos are already rooting for him. That is what makes him not only qualified but also electible. Electibility is about how acceptable a person is to not just the masses but the political Elite. Peter Obi cannot even get PDP ticket to run for presidency because he lacks the general acceptability and electibility. Plus he is tribalistic and clannish.

Great post. The battle anyone who wants to become President will face will begin with winning the support of the majority within his/her Party to become flagbearer. This is where all Igbo candidates , and I mean all, are dead in the water. No exception.

No Igbo will get PDP or APC ticket. Igbos can insult Tinubu all they want but 2023 will show our emotional and clannish brethren that being popular and acceptable to the political elite, and having electoral value, especially to others, is what sets winners like Tinubu apart from worthless upstarts like Obi or anyone else.

How many men helped Buhari win because they also had an eye on using his popularity and name to become Governors, Senators, Reps etal? How many committed vast financial resources and political machinery to Buhari because of what they know they would gain in return for themselves, godsons or anointed candidates electorally ?

Can Obi even make anyone local government chairman in Anambra talk less of having the name, political followership and sagacity to influence the gubernatorial election in Jigawa, Kogi, Benue, Ogun, Osun or even Bayelsa etal?

Of what worth is Obi to anyone vying for political office outside Obi's own household itself? What ppolitical machinery does he have to help himself let alone others? When Jagaban built the biggest political network accross Nigeria Igbos laughed myopically.

We know what they say about who laughs last and Jagaban we know. He of the influence, sagacity and mentoring skills that has seen him develop many powerful and loyal political titans and foot soldiers across Nigeria. It is 2023 that will show Igbos how incredibly naive they are for not knowing that having electoral value as a presidential candidate is what powerful and political ambitious folks work and shed blood for.

Obi has no electoral value to himself let alone anyone else. Neither does any Igbo currently. No political elite, even from Party primaries level, will waste time and money supporting any Igbo candidate unless all Parties are fielding Igbos to then leave no other choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by 24SEVEN: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
aljharem:
First of all, I am old nairalander and you can check my previous post. I have always been anti Tinubu.

Before I continue, I want to make it clear that this is purely my opinion and I will like a good discussion if you are against this opinion.

Since the fourth republic in 1999 (some of you were not born), we can count the number of governors, senators even presidents that have mentored LEADERS. I will not mention names here but you all know what I am talking about.

Not only mentor leaders but also have a plan (road map) in an administration. Currently, the country is in a complete mess !!!! ASUU etc are on strike and even worse this new payment platform of IPPIS which effectively cripple the university system.

This is just one of many.

Over to you.

God has the final say

After Smoking Oshogbo weed. the next thing is to take a pen and start writing under the influence.

Tinubu should go and sit down!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
candidtalk:

Great post. The battle anyone who wants to become President will face will begin with winning the support of the majority within his/her Party to become flagbearer. This is where all Igbo candidates , and I mean all, are dead in the water. No exception.

No Igbo will get PDP or APC ticket. Igbos can insult Tinubu all they want but 2023 will show our emotional and clannish brethren that being popular and acceptable to the political elite, and having electoral value, especially to others, is what sets winners like Tinubu apart from worthless upstarts like Obi or anyone else.

How many men helped Buhari win because they also had an eye on using his popularity and name to become Governors, Senators, Reps etal? How many committed vast financial resources and political machinery to Buhari because of what they know they would gain in return for themselves, godsons or anointed candidates electorally ?

Can Obi even make anyone local government chairman in Anambra talk less of having the name, political followership and sagacity to influence the gubernatorial election in Jigawa, Kogi, Benue, Ogun, Osun or even Bayelsa etal?

Of what worth is Obi to anyone vying for political office outside Obi's own household itself? What ppolitical machinery does he have to help himself let alone others? When Jagaban built the biggest political network accross Nigeria Igbos laughed myopically.

We know what they say about who laughs last and Jagaban we know. He of the influence, sagacity and mentoring skills that has seen him develop many powerful and loyal political titans and foot soldiers across Nigeria. It is 2023 that will show Igbos how incredibly naive they are for not knowing that having electoral value as a presidential candidate is what powerful and political ambitious folks work and shed blood for.

Obi has no electoral value to himself let alone anyone else. Neither does any Igbo currently. No political elite, even from Party primaries level, will waste time and money supporting any Igbo candidate unless all Parties are fielding Igbos to then leave no other choice.

Tinubu has which political network? You SW folks overrate yourselves and think others are foolish or dumb.
Even in his own region he is being challenged and is under stress from all corners. Oyo and Ekiti are totally out of his hands. Akeredolu has struck his own path and to cover his shame, Tinubu endorsed him after the new APC caretaker chairman backed Aketi. Fayemi has all but rubbished him and Tinubus attack dogs have been unleashed on him on social media. This is just in the SW o, which is his stronghold.
In the SE/SS, nobody cares about or regards him. He is a non entity there. In the North, he is a nobody, see how Ganduje his ally struggled to win in Kano even with all the Federal Support he could muster. But you guys keep on covering him with borrowed robes thinking that other Nigerians can be deceived. Kolewerk my brother. 2023 is so far from him. Naija no be Lagos bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by OkutaNla: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Tinubu has which political network? You SW folks overrate yourselves and think others are foolish or dumb.
Even in his own region he is being challenged and is under stress from all corners. Oyo and Ekiti are totally out of his hands. Akeredolu has struck his own path and to cover his shame, Tinubu endorsed him after the new APC caretaker chairman backed Aketi. Fayemi has all but rubbished him and Tinubus attack dogs have been unleashed on him on social media. This is just in the SW o, which is his stronghold.
In the SE/SS, nobody cares about or regards him. He is a non entity there. In the North, he is a nobody, see how Ganduje his ally struggled to win in Kano even with all the Federal Support he could muster. But you guys keep on covering him with borrowed robes thinking that other Nigerians can be deceived. Kolewerk my brother. 2023 is so far from him. Naija no be Lagos bro.

Lol. This coming from a 5%er. You said 'Tinubu is a nobody', and that nobody in the SE cares about or regards him, yet una dey carry him matter for head 24/7. cheesy If Tinubu is a nobody in Nigeria politics abeg who is a 'somebody'? Name one igboman that can match him in the Nigeria political scene. Just one. He's a 'nobody' yet every move he makes is news and igbo people all over social media dey beef his every move because they see him as a the major threat to their elusive presidential ambition. Tinubu is a nobody indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
OkutaNla:

Lol. This coming from a 5%er. You said 'Tinubu is a nobody', and that nobody in the SE cares about or regards him, yet una dey carry him matter for head 24/7. cheesy If Tinubu is a nobody in Nigeria politics abeg who is a 'somebody'? Name one igboman that can match him in the Nigeria political scene. Just one. He's a 'nobody' yet every move he makes is news and igbo people all over social media dey beef his every move because they see him as a the major threat to their elusive presidential ambition. Tinubu is a nobody indeed.

He is a nobody outside the SW
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by stonemasonn: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
aljharem:

I am tired. Adeshina would have been good or even Iweala. These are technocrats from GEJ government but can they win ?
they will improve the economy but they can't handle the security situation.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by OkutaNla: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

I hear you 5%er.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
OkutaNla:

I hear you 5%er.

Ok. 95%
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by CodeTemplar: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
OkutaNla:

Anyone with the qualities you described will not become president because such a person will be a talkative. Clever and wise politicians don't talk anyhow about sensitive issues because their words would be used against them at some point for political reasons. Tinubu is a student of history. Awolowo for all his good qualities failed to become president because he was too idealistic. He wasn't pragmatic enough to reach out to those that would have enabled him realize his goal of becoming president. Alas, yoruba votes weren't enough to get him elected. Anyone that wants to rule Nigeria as presently constituted must be seen to be a bridge-builder and circumspect about his utterances. Tinubu is smart enough to know that.
Genuine leaders know when to put aside politics and address sensitive issues. Unfortunately, Tinubu isn't one but a good politician who knows how to go about his personal interest.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

You're a nobody period. I don't waste my time carrying on back and forth with Igbos because you people cannot even admit the truth to yourselves. You can therefore understand why it is a waste of your time quoting me.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Genuine leaders know when to put aside politics and address sensitive issues. Unfortunately, Tinubu isn't one but a good politician who knows how to go about his personal interest.

Yeah. "Personal interest" he was chasing that saw Lagos go from a basket case, crime-ridden and neglected dead zone in 1999 to the 6th biggest economy in Africa.

I would think that is the sort of display of "Personal interest" needed to lead Nigeria for any intelligent voter. I don't know how anyone who knows what obtained in Lagos before Tinubu took over in 1999 can say some of the nonsense you lot utter here with a straight face.

You ignore the sheer scale of positive things Tinubu has done to turn round the fortune of overburdened and under-funded Lagos to always be talking about bullion vans, "personal interest" and other garbage. You guys are just untruthful and unobjective haters.
Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by OkutaNla: 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:

The term 'genuine leader' is subjective dude, because who you personally consider a genuine leader may be another person's charlatan. E.g, you may admire Oyedepo while others feel differently about his motives, character, and personality. And when it comes politics, by its nature interests come into play. Tinubu is first and foremost a politician, not an activist.

Tinubu is a member of the ruling party, and a prominent one at that. Such individuals don't publicly criticize their party’s policies in a way that'll cause embarrassment to the government. That's just the way party politics is played. Especially in a country like Nigeria, no matter your position regarding a sensitive issue be it religious or political, you are bound to offend the sensibilities of one party or the other.

And due to his political stature, his utterances can go a long way in either dousing or inflaming tensions, therefore it's better that such individuals act as statesmen by either displaying neutrality or diplomacy and only comment sparingly.

Tinubu started out as a state/regional politician, but he had more ambition of going federal therefore he rightly built bridges across various ethnic groups through his ACN party platform to enable him enrich his political credentials. And he learned very quickly how to play national politics after a few gaffes, and within a few years he spearheaded a political merger that democratically unseated an incumbent president for the first time in Nigeria's history, was instrumental in the emergence of the current president, current VP, current senate president and house of reps speaker at the federal level. This successes indicate and suggest that he's very patient and deliberate in his political calculations.

This also shows that he has inculcated lessons from other renowned past and present yoruba leaders, especially Awolowo, Akintola, and Obasanjo. Of the 3, Obasanjo is the only one that ever managed to rule Nigeria at the federal level while the remaining two couldn't rise above regional leadership and influence.

Whether Tinubu will one day become president of Nigeria is unclear, but at this point he's managed to build more political bridges and nurtured more political leaders than any other politician alive, and that among other factors gives him an edge over most other political actors, especially in southern Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Top1gun: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
TheGladiator:
Please this old man should go and sit down! Nigeria has younger, better, more upright candidates abeg!

Osinbanjo, Peter Obi over this greedy relic any day

Youths, wake up o!

Pls stop. Mentioning Peter Obi in anything Nigeria that cursed fool is the biggest thief in the history of the human race. Image a governor building the biggest mall even as a sitting governor n some fools want us believe he is a saint.

Igbochief001:

Peter obi is not the same with other politicians please ...don't drag him into your mess
Peter is the most despicable n worse of all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Top1gun: 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
So who speak about all that you listed here more than Tinubu ?

CodeTemplar:

Re: Why Tinubu Presidency Is A Must !!! by Sagay212: 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
Tinubu has never said he wants to be president even though he has the right to contest like any other person. You people should stop making noise and giving ipob fc unnecessary high bp. Many of them are already dying of stroke..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ONDO DECIDES: 12 Governors Storm Akure For Akeredolu / What Is Yoruba Actually Afraid Of? / VP Osinbajo Is The Useless Vp In The History Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.