Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Should I Buy This EOD? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Buy This EOD? (4834 Views)

Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed / Would You Buy This “tokunbo” Toy Car For N75, 000? / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
mogreen22:

I can understand the rush and excitement because I want to assume this is your first car and e Dey Shaq you to don Dey drive but don’t rush to buy a car that you will start crying for the next day. First off, who ever told
You that full tank will
Last tou for 3weeks definitely is out there to deceive you, the fact that you’d even believe that shows you are naive to that cars fueling. It’s a V6, secondly, it’s never just gas to top up AC, never!! That Ac definitely has issues. I honesly don’t thing that car is a good first car for someone on a budget. My bro was exactly in your shoes. Was too excited to get a “car” ended up getting this same car and it was regret all through. The car gurus have spoken against it. Ultimately, it’s left for you to decided if you want it or not. But don’t let that excitement make you buy something that would be gbese for you

It has already been bought. I'm ready to put in 200k max into the car to fix AC and everything. If I spend more than that, then I can start regretting.

For now, the ride drives like a horse. Sharp brakes, sweet engine.

Na only AC remain, and then to beautify the interior, which I said 200k max will clear. For now, na to dey learn driving, and no better way for me, than to learn with a car like this. I'll learn every issues through the challenges it poses.

AC back to life. In chilling mode right now. Wish I was based in Abuja, so I can cruise long distances on cream roads...

7 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by dicksonadams(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
PaulH07:

It has already been bought. I'm ready to put in 200k max into the car to fix AC and everything. If I spend more than that, then I can start regretting.

Na only AC remain, and then to beautify the interior, which I said 200k max will clear. For now, na to dey learn driving, and no better way for me, than to learn with a car like this. I'll learn every issues through the challenges it poses.

I like your mindset brother, nothing do.. No matter the car, There will be tough and good time, I am sure you will prevail kudos �

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by Omojayejaye(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
Honda Accord is a reliable car especially the i4 variant, very agile i have it and can confirm that. Buying the v6 is a big risk. The honda suprise happened once due to negligence, pls always pay attention to any unusual sound. I wish you the best.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
dicksonadams:

I like your mindset brother, nothing do.. No matter the car, There will be tough and good time, I am sure you will prevail kudos �

Thanks bro...
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by duality(m): 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
dicksonadams:
How I wish it was the 4 cylinder variant... Or a manual gear variant of the V6.

Statistically, you can google this, the 6 cylinder variant is more prone to automatic transmission failure, reason being that the engine is too strong for the auto transmission and easily wear it out, Also the power steering of the V6 fails more often than the i4.

Best value for money would be the V6 + manual gear or i4 + auto or manual gear

Every other things are the same

Please does this also apply to DC? 06/07
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by Socialproject: 3:14am On Aug 14, 2020
PaulH07:
Features include reverse camera , screen touch , navigation system, Bluetooth , subwoofer with good sound system, sound engine and many more. Serious interested buyer should contact me via. Thank you.

Price 600k, but the guy can even sell it to me for 500k, the owner of the new car he wants to upgrade to gave him time limit.

Better offer for you [ Discussion continues Honda accord 2006] and less wahala
buy a cheap car , expensive wahala my brother, as you will end up spending the same amount on repairs that you would have added to get a trouble free car.

https://www.nairaland.com/6053067/2006-honda-accord-blue-n1.3m#92794941

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIC340fw3A

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2020
Omojayejaye:
Honda Accord is a reliable car especially the i4 variant, very agile i have it and can confirm that. Buying the v6 is a big risk. The honda suprise happened once due to negligence, pls always pay attention to any unusual sound. I wish you the best.

By the "Honda surprise" you mean the leg right?
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by jacobjamie(m): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

That vehicle in a V6 engine is a big NO. The transmission will always fail.

if this Baba has spoken, just take it like that.... If he tells u the car can fly, just believe it can, if he says the car can cook for u, u just have to believe it can, he is the guru of Auto, so Oga or madam it's a NO, decline that Mission

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by jacobjamie(m): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

if this Baba has spoken, just take it like that.... If he tells u the car can fly, just believe it can, if he says the car can cook for u, u just have to believe it can, he is the guru of Auto, so Oga or madam it's a NO, decline that Mission
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ksmart027(m): 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
jacobjamie:
Oga what about your crv, you no wan update your thread again.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by temmym4(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

This is so true.

Someone close to me owned it for some years, he changed transmission 3 times in 4 years, each costing about 180k.

There is a constant issue with the V6 engine and the AC too. He fixed it severally, works for weeks then something goes wrong again. Mind you, it's not cheap fixing EOD AC

I decided to drive it down myself to my own AC repairer. He opened the hood and told me, why waste money on fixing a V6 EOD AC, it is prone to always failing and i ll be back to him soon, it starts with clutch getting burnt. He said he can fix it if i want him to but he is telling me the truth due to the fact that we are close.

He has a 2004 accord now (DC) I4 engine. He fixed the AC more than a year now, still cold.

Then i dont know what they did the the leg pull, a mechanic said he was going to weld some stuff and the leg will never pull. Funny thing is, it's been almost 3 years now, car has never pulled leg. Maybe if i ever own an Honda with leg pull syndrome, i llask him what the mechanic actually did. lol

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
temmym4:

This is so true.

Someone close to me owned it for some years, he changed transmission 3 times in 4 years, each costing about 180k.

There is a constant issue with the V6 engine and the AC too. He fixed it severally, works for weeks then something goes wrong again. Mind you, it's not cheap fixing EOD AC

I decided to drive it down myself to my own AC repairer. He opened the hood and told me, why waste money on fixing a V6 EOD AC, it is prone to always failing and i ll be back to him soon, it starts with clutch getting burnt. He said he can fix it if i want him to but he is telling me the truth due to the fact that we are close.

He has a 2004 accord now (DC) I4 engine. He fixed the AC more than a year now, still cold.

Then i dont know what they did the the leg pull, a mechanic said he was going to weld some stuff and the leg will never pull. Funny thing is, it's been almost 3 years now, car has never pulled leg. Maybe if i ever own an Honda with leg pull syndrome, i llask him what the mechanic actually did. lol

I don't plan on using the car for more than 3years, as I'll be out of the country by then. I know EOD is just beautiful, but not rugged like Toyota. But I'm ready to maintain it. I'm a salaried earner on close to 300k per month, and would likely enter that range once FG approves our COVID-19 hazard allowance.

I believe I can take care of it.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by jacobjamie(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
ksmart027:

Oga what about your crv, you no wan update your thread again.
bros I will oh, na Paint job him him start today, oven bake with Sikkens paint finish, the delay was from my logistics of the paint job, as soon as they finish up, then I will update everyone
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ksmart027(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
jacobjamie:
bros I will oh, na Paint job him him start today, oven bake with Sikkens paint finish, the delay was from my logistics of the paint job, as soon as they finish up, then I will update everyone
No wahala
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by selfmadeOLX(m): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
PaulH07:

Me I don buy am already sha...

Accept my condolences lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by Omojayejaye(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Sure
PaulH07:

By the "Honda surprise" you mean the leg right?
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
selfmadeOLX:

Accept my condolences lipsrsealed

Lol, for your mind...

V6 engine, runs like a horse. Feels like the experience I get when playing Asphalt 9.

Omoor na where I go watch match this night meen...
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by dicksonadams(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
jacobjamie:

Dude you crv nko, hope you carry Baba go your checks
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by temmym4(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
PaulH07:

I don't plan on using the car for more than 3years, as I'll be out of the country by then. I know EOD is just beautiful, but not rugged like Toyota. But I'm ready to maintain it. I'm a salaried earner on close to 300k per month, and would likely enter that range once FG approves our COVID-19 hazard allowance.

I believe I can take care of it.

Bro, it doesn't matter even if you own a car for 1 day or 3 years. A car that will develop fault will start 1 day regardless.

Your salary isn't actually a thing of debate here, but the car you are buying.
Except if you have decided to sign a warrant of blowing your salary on a problematic car.
It won't matter how much you earn if you buy a car that created a big hole in your pocket.

I am not saying the car is a bad buy, neither am i saying it is perfect. I only made an instance from someone who has the same car and engine once.

Go for it so far you are convinced and a reliable mechanic can certify it bro. You ll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
temmym4:

Bro, it doesn't matter even if you own a car for 1 day or 3 years. A car that will develop fault will start 1 day regardless.

Your salary isn't actually a thing of debate here, but the car you are buying.
Except if you have decided to sign a warrant of blowing your salary on a problematic car.
It won't matter how much you earn if you buy a car that created a big hole in your pocket.

I am not saying the car is a bad buy, neither am i saying it is perfect. I only made an instance from someone who has the same car and engine once.

Go for it so far you are convinced and a reliable mechanic can certify it bro. You ll be fine.

The aim isn't to adorn my wage. I elaborated on it that I know the issues the ride has, and prepared to weather the storm with it.

I actually went for this as 1st buy, cos I won't be too scared and pamper it. It's already a rough ride, so no fear in roughing it some more, while I perfect my knowledge of car parts on any problem that would ofcourse surface, seeing it's a cheap buy in the 1st place.

I'm sure I won't he spending up to 500k on the rude b4 I dispose of it, and get my dream ride which has always been a Benz.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by babyboy4every1: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
speedfreak:

Great deal i must say...just want to correct a few things that seem mythical
1. The transmission isn't a good as the 4cycl but it doesn't just fail like that,i should know i use the exact same car,bought mine toks in 2017 and the gear is still going strong.
2. Fuel consumption is slightly higher than the 4cycl variant but it won't last 3 week...maybe if you don't drive it
3. I've changed my whole power steering assembly,cost about 45k approx. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Basically it seems like a very good bargain(if it was a 4cycl I'd advise you to look away)
Drop your number,I'll add you my honda group...it'll go a long way in terms of tech support.
Cheers!!
I wish to be added to the honda group too. 08039154846
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by femarse: 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
speedfreak:

Great deal i must say...just want to correct a few things that seem mythical
1. The transmission isn't a good as the 4cycl but it doesn't just fail like that,i should know i use the exact same car,bought mine toks in 2017 and the gear is still going strong.
2. Fuel consumption is slightly higher than the 4cycl variant but it won't last 3 week...maybe if you don't drive it
3. I've changed my whole power steering assembly,cost about 45k approx. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Basically it seems like a very good bargain(if it was a 4cycl I'd advise you to look away)
Drop your number,I'll add you my honda group...it'll go a long way in terms of tech support.
Cheers!!

Kindly add me too
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by emy77: 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
temmym4:

This is so true.

Will you keep quiet.... In PEJ's voice.

Seriously let's stop saying what we do not know. I have used 4 Honda accords of different years, 3 out of them v6. Not one of them had a transmission problem.

You make it sound like it's a bad car simply because Gazzuzz says so. Haba.
My present car is a v6 discussion continues. I bought it Nigerian used with a bad gear and engine. I changed them both, This is 2years now, not a single hiccup from either transmission and engine. Veeeery quiet, smooth and fuel efficient ride.

I use original Honda dw1 and Mobil 1 5w30 for the gear and engine, respectively. It's been very reliable, I tell you. The ac chills better than the i4, and that's a fact any Honda user will tell you. Neither the previous owner or I have had any ac problems. Original compressor still on the car.

Op, enjoy your ride. You can pm me for any other questions

5 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by temmym4(m): 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
emy77:

Will you keep quiet.... In PEJ's voice.

Seriously let's stop saying what we do not know. I have used 4 Honda accords of different years, 3 out of them v6. Not one of them had a transmission problem.

You make it sound like it's a bad car simply because Gazzuzz says so. Haba.
My present car is a v6 discussion continues. I bought it Nigerian used with a bad gear and engine. I changed them both, This is 2years now, not a single hiccup from either transmission and engine. Veeeery quiet, smooth and fuel efficient ride.

I use original Honda dw1 and Mobil 1 5w30 for the gear and engine, respectively. It's been very reliable, I tell you. The ac chills better than the i4, and that's a fact any Honda user will tell you. Neither the previous owner or I have had any ac problems. Original compressor still on the car.

Op, enjoy your ride. You can pm me for any other questions

U aren't blin.d. I guess you read the part where i said it was someone close to me that had the car. 2012 - 2016

He got a DC 2018 till date.

You are entitled to your own opinion, put your own suggestion to the OP, not me. I don't use an Accord so it's not a concern of mine.

Once again, i am only talking about an experience from an accord fan who i work with.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by temmym4(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
PaulH07:

The aim isn't to adorn my wage. I elaborated on it that I know the issues the ride has, and prepared to weather the storm with it.

I actually went for this as 1st buy, cos I won't be too scared and pamper it. It's already a rough ride, so no fear in roughing it some more, while I perfect my knowledge of car parts on any problem that would ofcourse surface, seeing it's a cheap buy in the 1st place.

I'm sure I won't he spending up to 500k on the rude b4 I dispose of it, and get my dream ride which has always been a Benz.

Awesome. Go for it bro.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 1:43am On Aug 15, 2020
temmym4:

Awesome. Go for it bro.

Gone for it already.

Thanks for your input bro smiley

Going on a 160Km journey today, how much fuel do you think a V6 EOD engine would need at a minimum?
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2020
PaulH07:

Lol, for your mind...

V6 engine, runs like a horse. Feels like the experience I get when playing Asphalt 9.

Omoor na where I go watch match this night meen...

You are doing well boss cool
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by speedfreak(m): 6:40am On Aug 16, 2020
PaulH07:

Thanks a lot bro...so how long would a full tank last please?

Also why run away from 4cylinders? Thought everyone rushes it?
I meant a 4 cylinder won't go for a low as that without being a lemon,the v6 variant is relatively cheaper because of its poor second hand value.
As for the fueling,i can't really say exactly how long it would last but it depends on several factors like Ac use,driving style,engine conditioner,etc...personally i use a full tank for a week and refill on sundays,now its just to and from my office, when i used to go clubbing i refilled on Saturdays because i drove extra on friday night and saturday morning. Best gauge would be to fill up and drive till the reserve lights comes on then you can roughly gauge your MPG. Congratulations on the acquisition btw

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by speedfreak(m): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2020
PaulH07:

AC back to life. In chilling mode right now. Wish I was based in Abuja, so I can cruise long distances on cream roads...
Doesn't the acceleration just cheer you up!! Still can't get over how it slaps you back in your seat when you hit the throttle, enjoy your car bro, Another win for team honda

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by dfos2k(m): 7:49am On Aug 16, 2020
OP if you're decided on what to do already why did you bother us na? Besides have you read this book?

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by xtremeTall(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Is it still available
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by OfficialSam(m): 6:32am On Aug 17, 2020
PaulH07:

Gone for it already.

Thanks for your input bro smiley

Going on a 160Km journey today, how much fuel do you think a V6 EOD engine would need at a minimum?

You have bought the ball joints failure and transmission failure already. Biko let's close this thread.

Why are so bothered about fueling with your 300k monthly income? Hit the road with full tank make we kukuma get peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) / Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? / Gear Issue On My Mazda Mpv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.