Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,711 members, 7,955,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine (48868 Views)

Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by One4me: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
DICKstractor:
We still dey watch

I don't know how true this is

I dont trust Bill gates, on this Corona Virus issue.
I wont take any Vaccine that has hi shand in it.

The funny thing is that America is so angry that Russia had developed a Vaccine before them and they are out in full steam to discredit it.
When their own companies jump the hoops so as to accelerate development, it is okay then.
Like Modenna who are suppose to test the second stage o fhtie rVaccine on 45,000 people but tested it only on 4,000 people and skipped the rest, that was okay and not alarming but once they heard it is Russia, come and see all sorts of negative Comments.

What if at the end of the day, the Russian Vaccine is actually effective and without any problems, are we to ignore it and be waiting for an American Vaccine, so that America can hold everybody hostage?
Nonsense.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by One4me: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
naijaking1:
Would you take a vaccine from Putin?

Would you rather take a Vaccine from Donald Trump? shocked grin grin
Between Putin and Trump, who will you trust to give you a Parachute, in a plane crash?
undecided grin grin grin
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Yxxx: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
I hope the world can be this dedicated in finding a cure to HIV.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
If they knew how they started all These, let them stop it because this nonsense they created from one Lab in China is just putting my plans hold...
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by clearsight: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
that's not true. The issue with the Russian vacancine is that proper standard as regards clinicay trials were not properly followed.it was rushed in other for them to claim first. This is a fact even the WHO.is worried about.please check the timeline. The issue and fear is over the next phase of the virus evolution would the so called vaccine help or further worsen the situation we don't know .there are no proper verifiable data as regards the Russian claim. They skipped various stages of trials ,which are very important ones.My point is Africans should be very careful in jumping on these claim.

True: this vaccine may have serious and irreversible side effects which may not be evident now because trials were rushed.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by sapientia(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
DICKstractor:
We still dey watch

I don't know how true this is

Much respect to Bill
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
PureGoldh:
People wey Sabi...Russia don dey take the lead while other countries dey follow em

Just incase you need Raw Natural Honey... Kindly contact O81 O1 66 67 71 let's talk about it ..Stay safe Fam..it's good to always go Natural ways
let's try the Russian vaccine on you and patronize ur logo design
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nigerians, Lawd!
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nairalandmonika: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
Only mumu people will try the vaccine. By the time the long term effects show, they will be crying.
More like the effect of lack of polio vaccine. These children were not given the polio vaccine.

Ask ur parents am pretty sure u were vaccinated.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by amaridigital(m): 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
that's not true. The issue with the Russian vacancine is that proper standard as regards clinicay trials were not properly followed.it was rushed in other for them to claim first. This is a fact even the WHO.is worried about.please check the timeline. The issue and fear is over the next phase of the virus evolution would the so called vaccine help or further worsen the situation we don't know .there are no proper verifiable data as regards the Russian claim. They skipped various stages of trials ,which are very important ones.My point is Africans should be very careful in jumping on these claim.

You typed all these yet the Russians were the first to land in space. The Russians have world class scientists and Aerospace Engineers. They have several world class medical experts. Russia has the highest numbers of nuclear weapons on earth. Who give the fu...k about what the west think? Must we always lick their asses? If the Chinese and Japanese were thinking like you, they will still be stuck with shaolin movies and depend on Mercedes and Volvo to make their cars. The world has changed. Get used to it!
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nairalandmonika: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
byinks:

I'm not inclined to believe you anymore
Wholescale or limited scale.
It will ALTER DNA Permanently

All this semantics doesn't change the fact.
Alter DNA in what sense, sometimes when u speak English, u need to know the meaning of what u are saying.

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nairalandmonika: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
One4me:

I dont trust Bill gates, on this Corona Virus issue.
I wont take any Vaccine that has hi shand in it.

The funny thing is that America is so angry that Russia had developed a Vaccine before them and they are out in full steam to discredit it.
When their own companies jump the hoops so as to accelerate development, it is okay then.
Like Modenna who are suppose to test the second stage o fhtie rVaccine on 45,000 people but tested it only on 4,000 people and skipped the rest, that was okay and not alarming but once they heard it is Russia, come and see all sorts of negative Comments.

What if at the end of the day, the Russian Vaccine is actually effective and without any problems, are we to ignore it and be waiting for an American Vaccine, so that America can hold everybody hostage?
Nonsense.
Watin concern bill gate for the issue now

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Openbusiness: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

More like the effect of lack of polio vaccine. These children were not given the polio vaccine.

Ask ur parents am pretty sure u were vaccinated.
Mr Oga am not against vaccination. I just took my son for vaccination, 3 shots, less than 2 weeks ago. I'm against big govt pharma vaccines created in a rush without proper adequate phase by phase testing and black people being used as guinea pigs in their scientific gambling. You can donate yourself for the Russia vaccines injection trials when Nigerian govt gets it. I will wait for the American one coming out in 2021/2022.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by luminouz(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
byinks:

Before I even think of responding come here and list the medical consequences of DNA changes/damage.
Tell us about what you know from working in medicine about genetic mutations and the generational diseases/deformities that have arisen from them.

Jesus!!!

You have a serious issue bro. You argue blindly and you don't have facts to back your points up.

Take a chill pill with the conspiracy theory BS na...no one is forcing you to take the vaccine but stop behaving like this online where doctors/researchers abound. You look a bit dûmb to them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by byinks(f): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2020
[s]
luminouz:

Jesus!!!

You have a serious issue bro. You argue blindly and you don't have facts to back your points up.

Take a chill pill with the conspiracy theory BS na...no one is forcing you to take the vaccine but stop behaving like this online where doctors/researchers abound. You look a bit dûmb to them
[/s]
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by luminouz(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
byinks:
[s][/s]

Damn, you dûmb as hell!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by byinks(f): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
[s]
luminouz:

Damn, you dûmb as hell!!! grin grin grin grin

[/s]

Abeg use your other Monika...mumu.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by VULCAN(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
People that are confused like this normally do more harm than good.

Someone said vaccines impact DNA.

Your first response is No, then you end with Yes.

Fela sang Confusion Break Bone.

Anyway, what should be of concern to any right thinking Nigerian is whether we have the capacity to test if the vaccines they will sell to us have been tampered with in any way.

Both Bill Gates and his parents strongly supported Depopulation so African nations should be wary of any vaccine produced by his numerous biotech companies.

But that should not mean that we should blindly trust Russia or anyone else.

The Russians themselves have a powerful proverb "Doveryai no proveryai"

It means "Trust but Verify"

Only fools can argue with that approach

kikero:

Vaccines cannot 'impact the DNA of its recipient'

What the covid vaccine does is inject RNA into the body which would assemble proteins in the body which would stimulate an immune response, which would protect from the SARS Mers COV2 virus which causes covid19.

All vaccines to some extent do what you are saying...they 'manipulate the DNA' to produce an immune response to protect from illness.

Stop the conspiracy theory thinking.

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
That has always been the plan
China �� invented the virus �
Russia provide the vaccine �
Dey will share the profit
Big win for both country

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
VULCAN:
People that are confused like this normally do more harm than good.

Someone said vaccines impact DNA.

Your first response is No, then you end with Yes.

I guess what I should have said was that vaccines don't impact your DNA the way you and he think it does.

Many people assume that DNA manipulaiton=changes on a mass cellular scale. That's not how it works.

RNA vaccines, which some of the covid vaccines under testing are...basically work by injecting RNA into the body, which then uses some of the proteins in the body to assemble factors which induce an immune response which hopefully can protect from infection with SARS Merscov2...the virus that causes COVID19.

Most people like the person I responded to have wild ideas about what 'DNA manipulaiton means...which include things like 'a person injected with a vaccine will have a child years later with congential anomalies' That 's not how vaccines work (and some even prevent infections that would cause congenital anomalies...which is another type of 'DNA manipulaiton'.).

One more thing...most viral illnesses work by some form of DNA manipulaiton, eg hepatitis, and HIV. They work by integrating their genetic material into the cells of the host, and manipulate the cell to produce viral building blocks which are assembled into new viruses...which wreak havoc. If left untreated, they can harm...but the body already has mechanisims to protect against such viruses too as well(and most treatments against such diseases work by preventing the virus from integrating into the DNA of the host human...eg HIV and viral hepatitis treatments.).

Anyway, what should be of concern to any right thinking Nigerian is whether we have the capacity to test if the vaccines they will sell to us have been tampered with in any way.

You are right to be suspicous. BUT...the fact is we have all sorts of global codes and practice governing the intrduction of new drugs and vaccines, etc. The era of the Tuskegee experiment, and Nazi experimentation on human bodies is over.

Plus, as Pfizer found out to its cost, depart from the code, and you pay heavily.

Both Bill Gates and his parents strongly supported Depopulation so African nations should be wary of any vaccine produced by his numerous biotech companies.

That's not true and you know it. Bill Gates, who I don't like by the way (his monopoly re Microsoft)..also was responsible for 1) spending billions on Malaria research 2) also helping to, among other things bring down the cost of HIV drugs over 18 years ago (and no, he was not the only one, but he was very influential).

Plus, depopulation does not mean the world would become better. Infact, if Gates wants to depopulate the world, he would do well to 1) stop vaccine production...because vaccines have been a big factor in population explosion 2) make drugs expensive ...like his fellow billionaire who bought the patent to cotrimoxazole and inflated the price 'just because' (fortunately he was forced to recieve sense).

But that should not mean that we should blindly trust Russia or anyone else.

The Russians themselves have a powerful proverb "Doveryai no proveryai"

It means "Trust but Verify"

Only fools can argue with that approach

The thing is, just because the Russians have a vaccine ready to roll, does not mean the vaccine works. It remains to be seen IF the vaccine can be proitective, and that means years of watching and seeing if the vaccine does a good job of protection (espeically as COVID 19 does not necessarily mean you pass on or fall seriously sick...you can be like El Rufai and be asymptomatic).

As I have said, there was a working HIV vaccine in the 1990's. Given to human volunteers self. As it turned out, it did not work...because at the time the vaccine was created, it could only stop certain subtypes of HIV . In the coruse of deployment, new subtypes of HIV were discovered, and more were found later. Ouch.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by planetx: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
Yxxx:
I hope the world can be this dedicated in finding a cure to HIV.
Because nobody cares about Africans.

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by luminouz(m): 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
byinks:

Abeg use your other Monika...mumu.

This is true Monika,dūmbo!!! grin
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
Russia wont publish that they have a cure when they've not completed testing. I expected the West to do their best to discredit Russia's success and they didn't disappoint.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by honeyB2018: 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
Tkester:
Watch the west go out on steroids. They will do everything to denigrate this great invention, but will they suceed? Only time will tell.

I'm happy the Russians achieved this. Kudos Vladimir!!

I hope you read the post till the end?
It will still under go more clinical trials. So what is the need, for hasty release?
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
marsman:
Trump tried to safe America from this Embarrassment but there stubbornness no gree
If Trump had handled this outbreak the way China had done, thousands of American lives wouldn't have needlessly been lost

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:

The same conspiracy theory CNN has been promoting. Quite absurd you took all what they said to be veritable. The Russians will never make their whole data public, not at this stage.

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by One4me: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
amaridigital:

You typed all these yet the Russians were the first to land in space. The Russians have world class scientists and Aerospace Engineers. They have several world class medical experts. Russia has the highest numbers of nuclear weapons on earth. Who give the fu...k about what the west think? Must we always lick their asses? If the Chinese and Japanese were thinking like you, they will still be stuck with shaolin movies and depend on Mercedes and Volvo to make their cars. The world has changed. Get used to it!

Black people, especilly the young Nigerians of today, are incapable of independent reasoning!
They cant juts read voraciously and form a good opinion on their own,, whatever buulsh**te the West, especially America, tells them, they will swallow.

I can assure you that this Russian Vaccine will work better than anyone America rolls out now.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by byinks(f): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
luminouz:

This is true Monika,dūmbo!!! grin

Ok kid..
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by One4me: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2020
kikero:

I guess what I should have said was that vaccines don't impact your DNA the way you and he think it does.

Many people assume that DNA manipulaiton=changes on a mass cellular scale. That's not how it works.

RNA vaccines, which some of the covid vaccines under testing are...basically work by injecting RNA into the body, which then uses some of the proteins in the body to assemble factors which induce an immune response which hopefully can protect from infection with SARS Merscov2...the virus that causes COVID19.

Most people like the person I responded to have wild ideas about what 'DNA manipulaiton means...which include things like 'a person injected with a vaccine will have a child years later with congential anomalies' That 's not how vaccines work (and some even prevent infections that would cause congenital anomalies...which is another type of 'DNA manipulaiton'.).

One more thing...most viral illnesses work by some form of DNA manipulaiton, eg hepatitis, and HIV. They work by integrating their genetic material into the cells of the host, and manipulate the cell to produce viral building blocks which are assembled into new viruses...which wreak havoc. If left untreated, they can harm...but the body already has mechanisims to protect against such viruses too as well(and most treatments against such diseases work by preventing the virus from integrating into the DNA of the host human...eg HIV and viral hepatitis treatments.).

You are right to be suspicous. BUT...the fact is we have all sorts of global codes and practice governing the intrduction of new drugs and vaccines, etc. The era of the Tuskegee experiment, and Nazi experimentation on human bodies is over.

Plus, as Pfizer found out to its cost, depart from the code, and you pay heavily.

That's not true and you know it. Bill Gates, who I don't like by the way (his monopoly re Microsoft)..also was responsible for 1) spending billions on Malaria research 2) also helping to, among other things bring down the cost of HIV drugs over 18 years ago (and no, he was not the only one, but he was very influential).

Plus, depopulation does not mean the world would become better. Infact, if Gates wants to depopulate the world, he would do well to 1) stop vaccine production...because vaccines have been a big factor in population explosion 2) make drugs expensive ...like his fellow billionaire who bought the patent to cotrimoxazole and inflated the price 'just because' (fortunately he was forced to recieve sense).

The thing is, just because the Russians have a vaccine ready to roll, does not mean the vaccine works. It remains to be seen IF the vaccine can be proitective, and that means years of watching and seeing if the vaccine does a good job of protection (espeically as COVID 19 does not necessarily mean you pass on or fall seriously sick...you can be like El Rufai and be asymptomatic).

As I have said, there was a working HIV vaccine in the 1990's. Given to human volunteers self. As it turned out, it did not work...because at the time the vaccine was created, it could only stop certain subtypes of HIV . In the coruse of deployment, new subtypes of HIV were discovered, and more were found later. Ouch.

Most of the things you said here are the "official positions" but past experience teaches us otherwise.
Truth is some Vaccines do negatively impact the people's DNA, causing problems with fertility, cognitive behaviour, etc!
Even in the Western World their are documented cases of where Children took Vaccines and it turned out very badly for them (Not all Vaccines and not in all cases though, but to say it does not happen will be untruthful)

For example, the Pfizer Polio Vaccination in the North of Nigeria, where their children were used as Guinea Pigs, to test an unproven Vaccine, which caused all sorts of deformities in hundreds of children
For example, the Vaccination of South African Women against HIV, which was "laced" with another Chemical that renders the Women sterile, in an effort to control their population. The Women are still seeking compensation
Israel also did the same deciet on Black skinned Israeli Jews from Ethiopia, sterilising them in the name of Vaccination.

So, when you start telling us that if Bill gates wanted to reduce population, he wont be producing Vaccine, sounds a very naive with the "Politics of Vaccination and Population" works or maybe it is just the usual Elitist attitude of parroting whatever the West tells them to say over here in backward Africa.
Same problem shows itself in the issue of Genetically Modified Foods that Mussanto is dumping on Africa and some Latin American countries and our "Profs" are repeateing to Nigerians, what they have been told to say, while collecting bribes behind the backs of their citizens!
grin undecided

A lot of American Pharma Firms are also jumping the hoops, short-circuiting clinical trials, just to race to a Vaccine, so it is not only Russia that is fast-tracking Vaccine development but the ONLY REASON America and th Western world is bad-mouthing this Russian Vaccine is because they are irked that it would be Russia that would "save the world", so to say, by being the first to develop the Vaccine. grin grin

Modenna is an example that tested only 4,000 people instead of running the trials on 45,000 people and decided it has done enough of stage Two trials and jumped the rest, why are they not making noise over that? undecided
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Minemrys: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
Djyucee1:
I don't trust Russians
cos American m0vies tell u n0t to or cos u have had a run in with russians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is This A Fake Product (TEEM™) CONSUMER BEWARE / Doctors Remove Cup Stuck Inside A Woman For 4 Years From Sex Incident / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.