Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,806 members, 7,956,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine (48869 Views)

Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by luminouz(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2020
byinks:

Ok kid..

K
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
One4me:

Most of the things you said here are the "official positions" but past experience teaches us otherwise.
Truth is some Vaccines do negatively impact the people's DNA, causing problems with fertility, cognitive behaviour, etc!

That's not true (and the only scientific paper purporting to prove that was proven to be flawed.

Even in the Western World their are documented cases of where Children took Vaccines and it turned out very badly for them (Not all Vaccines and not in all cases though, but to say it does not happen will be untruthful)
Again only true in a very tiny minority of cases.Most vaccine side effects are trivial (mild headache, fever)

For example, the Pfizer Polio Vaccination in the North of Nigeria, where their children were used as Guinea Pigs, to test an unproven Vaccine, which caused all sorts of deformities in hundreds of children

Pfizer was testing an antibiotic to treat menningitis , not a vaccine for polio see Abdullahi v Pfizer for more details

For example, the Vaccination of South African Women against HIV, which was "laced" with another Chemical that renders the Women sterile, in an effort to control their population. The Women are still seeking compensation
Israel also did the same deciet on Black skinned Israeli Jews from Ethiopia, sterilising them in the name of Vaccination.

No, they were sterilised because they were HIV positive, (ie by operative means ) not by vaccination .
The Ethopian women too recieved contraceptive injections against their will...and contraceptive injections are not vaccines.

So, when you start telling us that if Bill gates wanted to reduce population, he wont be producing Vaccine, sounds a very naive with the "Politics of Vaccination and Population" works or maybe it is just the usual Elitist attitude of parroting whatever the West tells them to say over here in backward Africa

Again Gates would be far more succesful reducing populaiton by stopping vaccination. Vaccines is one of the reasons why the world populaiton is exploding .

Same problem shows itself in the issue of Genetically Modified Foods that Mussanto is dumping on Africa and some Latin American countries and our "Profs" are repeateing to Nigerians, what they have been told to say, while collecting bribes behind the backs of their citizens! grin undecided

GM crops are more expensive than other crops. They have if I recall been grown in only a few places in Africa. And they haven't been succesful (Burkina Faso tried Monsanto's GM cotton. Did not work.)

By the way I don't support GM crops for the simple reason that they can be vulnerable to one plant parasite...because they lack genetic diversity.

A lot of American Pharma Firms are also jumping the hoops, short-circuiting clinical trials, just to race to a Vaccine, so it is not only Russia that is fast-tracking Vaccine development but the ONLY REASON America and th Western world is bad-mouthing this Russian Vaccine is because they are irked that it would be Russia that would "save the world", so to say, by being the first to develop the Vaccine. grin grin

So?

Plus, having a vaccine does not mean it works...that is going to take years of observation and comparison (phase 4 testing).

Modenna is an example that tested only 4,000 people instead of running the trials on 45,000 people and decided it has done enough of stage Two trials and jumped the rest, why are they not making noise over that? undecided
[/quote]

Modenna , as far as I know...are going into pahse 3 testing. They also hope to manufacture millions of the vaccine. But.....like I said having a vaccine does not mean it works. That is another phase of the testing.

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by nylen12345: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
How do you make a vaccine for a virus that has not been isolated, purified or shown to truly exist and also it takes 5 to 10 years to produce viable vaccine. Still wondering what kind of vaccine that's been produced for COVID-19? We are indeed in strange times..... Be vigilant, not everything about COVID-19 is true.....
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by UPMIKE: 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
[quote author=naijaking1 post=92719086]Would you take a vaccine from Putin?[/1quote]

YES YES YES & YES IF I'M PRIVILEGED TO .
ONWERE IHE RUSSIA MERE GI?
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by ThegreatLion: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

More like the effect of lack of polio vaccine. These children were not given the polio vaccine.

Ask ur parents am pretty sure u were vaccinated.
I already replied. Please check your mail
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Lekan239(m): 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
So it was Russia that created this corona so they will cash out big by selling vaccine
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Pr0cter: 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
Oga leave dem na , dem no dey tell person. By d time they are injected and 20 years down the line, they give birth to children with strange deformities or have critical organ failures or brain seizure, dey will know that it is very deadly to rush vaccine creation. The Americans and West Europeans that said the earliest date for vaccines is 2021 they are not stupid, and even that is still them speeding thing up. Vaccines normally can take 2 to 3 years of proper testing to be sure it is safe to use and not having any long term adverse effects and to study if there is any long term effects. Cuz Putin chook him dawta all of dem fell for d scam. Daughter that immediately she was injected, 10 minutes after behind the scenes they would have quickly extracted the thing from her system or even given her a neutralizing antidote. Let them use themselves as guinea pigs for Russia, dem no dey tell person grin

Don't come online to type rubbish and feel you are making sense. There's no particular time frame for making a vaccine provided your analysis are valid . A vaccine can be made within 1 months to a 100 years. I can see from your comment that you are a pro west. By the way, if a vaccine or cure for covid19 should emerge, it should come from the China. Nevertheless, I don't doubt the effectiveness of the Russian vaccine
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Pr0cter: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
nylen12345:
How do you make a vaccine for a virus that has not been isolated, purified or shown to truly exist and also it takes 5 to 10 years to produce viable vaccine. Still wondering what kind of vaccine that's been produced for COVID-19? We are indeed in strange times..... Be vigilant, not everything about COVID-19 is true.....

Shut your dirty mouth jor. Olodo
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Scout60(m): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
dantewest:

Vaccines are usually very cheap and sometimes free. $10 is too much

Vaccines are cheap because it is subsidies by different organizations and individuals
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by marsman: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

If Trump had handled this outbreak the way China had done, thousands of American lives wouldn't have needlessly been lost
He handled it the best way possible, there was lockdown and everything but blm protesters no gree and he even proposed an obvious cure which they all refused.
It serves them right
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Karanka: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
The way some people vomit statements ignorantly on this thread is quite pathetic and nauseating to say the least.
It's only in a country like Nigeria that you see hardcore conceited ignoramuses arguing over what they know absolutely nothing about, and even challenging those they should be begging and paying to teach them.
Just go through this thread and weep for Nigeria.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by VULCAN(m): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2020
You have spoken very well. Thank you for taking time to go a bit deeper into the science of viruses and vaccines.

But I must warn you of something you have sadly overlooked.

It can be summed up in the title of Simon Sineks modern classic "Start With Why"

You believe that the $47b that Bill Gates has bestowed on his foundation emanates purely from charitable motivations.

Why do you believe this, if I may ask?

If I ask you to tell me about Bill Gates on a personal level you cannot because he is not your friend nor is he your sibling.

As a matter of fact ALL you know of him is what you have gleaned from the media(and considering you have your life to live, I doubt if you have read or watched every snippet about him).

The summary of what I am saying is that you cannot speak for him for the simple reason that you cannot even speak for yourself.

By this I mean that there are bad things you have done that you cannot even understand why you did them and there are bad things you will do in future that you will not believe if you are told now so don't say a person who you have never spent a minute with is incapable of anything.

All serial killers were normal people to their friends, family and neighbours till they were arrested. At the most you will hear things like he was very quiet

And to deny my assertion that Gates parents are Eugenics people on the basis of nothing other than your feelings is rather naive.

Read this then carry out your own investigation:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tottnews.com/2020/04/09/gates-family-eugenics-covid-19/amp/

kikero:

I guess what I should have said was that vaccines don't impact your DNA the way you and he think it does.

Many people assume that DNA manipulaiton=changes on a mass cellular scale. That's not how it works.

RNA vaccines, which some of the covid vaccines under testing are...basically work by injecting RNA into the body, which then uses some of the proteins in the body to assemble factors which induce an immune response which hopefully can protect from infection with SARS Merscov2...the virus that causes COVID19.

Most people like the person I responded to have wild ideas about what 'DNA manipulaiton means...which include things like 'a person injected with a vaccine will have a child years later with congential anomalies' That 's not how vaccines work (and some even prevent infections that would cause congenital anomalies...which is another type of 'DNA manipulaiton'.).

One more thing...most viral illnesses work by some form of DNA manipulaiton, eg hepatitis, and HIV. They work by integrating their genetic material into the cells of the host, and manipulate the cell to produce viral building blocks which are assembled into new viruses...which wreak havoc. If left untreated, they can harm...but the body already has mechanisims to protect against such viruses too as well(and most treatments against such diseases work by preventing the virus from integrating into the DNA of the host human...eg HIV and viral hepatitis treatments.).

You are right to be suspicous. BUT...the fact is we have all sorts of global codes and practice governing the intrduction of new drugs and vaccines, etc. The era of the Tuskegee experiment, and Nazi experimentation on human bodies is over.

Plus, as Pfizer found out to its cost, depart from the code, and you pay heavily.

That's not true and you know it. Bill Gates, who I don't like by the way (his monopoly re Microsoft)..also was responsible for 1) spending billions on Malaria research 2) also helping to, among other things bring down the cost of HIV drugs over 18 years ago (and no, he was not the only one, but he was very influential).

Plus, depopulation does not mean the world would become better. Infact, if Gates wants to depopulate the world, he would do well to 1) stop vaccine production...because vaccines have been a big factor in population explosion 2) make drugs expensive ...like his fellow billionaire who bought the patent to cotrimoxazole and inflated the price 'just because' (fortunately he was forced to recieve sense).

The thing is, just because the Russians have a vaccine ready to roll, does not mean the vaccine works. It remains to be seen IF the vaccine can be proitective, and that means years of watching and seeing if the vaccine does a good job of protection (espeically as COVID 19 does not necessarily mean you pass on or fall seriously sick...you can be like El Rufai and be asymptomatic).

As I have said, there was a working HIV vaccine in the 1990's. Given to human volunteers self. As it turned out, it did not work...because at the time the vaccine was created, it could only stop certain subtypes of HIV . In the coruse of deployment, new subtypes of HIV were discovered, and more were found later. Ouch.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 13, 2020
dawnomike:
Huge revenue potential for Russia... If a vial of vaccine is sold for just $10. That translates to $10 Billion dollars within days for the country. shocked

The reward of advanced research.

awa own researchers still dey advance Kilishi formula grin
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by chrisblack: 4:04am On Aug 13, 2020
Schrodinger1:

The same conspiracy theory CNN has been promoting. Quite absurd you took all what they said to be veritable. The Russians will never make their whole data public, not at this stage.
that's not true. Do you even understand vaccine development procedure?.see let me tell you many countries would be skeptical using it. How can you claimed you have a vaccine only to now say you would be testing it in couple of weeks on citizens willing to come forth?. Was testing not supposed to come first. Think guy don't be confused with the geopolitical posturing from Russia
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by chrisblack: 4:12am On Aug 13, 2020
nylen12345:
you can FasTrack a process , but there are some vital stages you can't skip.These are part of the issue with the Russian claim.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by anonimi: 6:52am On Aug 13, 2020
dantewest:
https://www.rt.com/russia/497719-russia-vaccine-orders/

Another Madagascar Organics cure scam loading

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by LadySarah: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Yxxx:
I hope the world can be this dedicated in finding a cure to HIV.

Who told you there's no cure.

Pharmaceuticals are cashing out big time on ARVs and you are saying they should give you cure. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2020
LadySarah:

Who told you there's no cure.

Pharmaceuticals are cashing out big time on ARVs and you are saying they should give you cure. Lol

1.Actually there is no cure for HIV...because it is a virus. Most viral diseases don't have a cure (good example, common cold...) because of the way they operate. For a anti-viral drug to work, it would have to enter the cells and destroy the virus without destroying the cell...which is a bit difficult re HIV.

2.HIV research is ongoing...and right now, there is a (experimental) drug that can only be taken once every 3 months (as opposed to the ARV which have to be taken daily).

3.Pharma companies are not cashing out from ARV's. WHO, many world governments, and busybody philantrophists have long since forced them to reduce the price, plus generic versions...the much cheaper versions, have been avaialble for over a decade now. And all HIV patients in this country on ARV's get their drugs for free once they register with the government . (You can buy at a pharmancy, but few people do..)

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by bjtinz: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2020
marsman:
He handled it the best way possible, there was lockdown and everything but blm protesters no gree and he even proposed an obvious cure which they all refused.
It serves them right

Trump zombie
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by bjtinz: 9:33am On Aug 13, 2020
Pr0cter:

Don't come online to type rubbish and feel you are making sense. There's no particular time frame for making a vaccine provided your analysis are valid . A vaccine can be made within 1 months to a 100 years. I can see from your comment that you are a pro west. By the way, if a vaccine or cure for covid19 should emerge, it should come from the China. Nevertheless, I don't doubt the effectiveness of the Russian vaccine

Seriously? A vaccine for human consumption made from scratch in a month? Do you even know what a vaccine is??
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by imolile: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2020
The Antichrist is about to be let loosed. Produced in Russia, nation begging for it. does anyone know the content of the Vaccine?
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by marsman: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2020
bjtinz:

Trump zombie
Go to hell man/woman
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by marsman: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2020
bjtinz:

Trump zombie
Go to hell man/woman
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2020
marsman:
It serves them right
He wasted too much time castigating China and calling it a Chinese virus
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Pr0cter: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2020
bjtinz:

Seriously? A vaccine for human consumption made from scratch in a month? Do you even know what a vaccine is??

No I don't. Dummy
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by marsman: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

He wasted too much time castigating China and calling it a Chinese virus
It was actually and there was already lockdown at that time but the citizens didn't comply
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by bjtinz: 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
Pr0cter:

No I don't. Dummy

Thought so. grin
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by bjtinz: 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
marsman:

It was actually and there was already lockdown at that time but the citizens didn't comply

See person.

Mscheeew
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by marsman: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
bjtinz:

See person.

Mscheeew
hell fellow, there is no better go getter than trump that man has wits
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by chrisblack: 6:01am On Aug 28, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Russia wont publish that they have a cure when they've not completed testing. I expected the West to do their best to discredit Russia's success and they didn't disappoint.
many already have a cure . however they need to properly test it to ensure that it fit for human use.These is the reason why phase 3clinical trials are very important.please go an check the purpose of phase 3. Over the years some break through are termed lab stuff's ,cause when replicated in the real world or in large scale they tend to fail. Phase 3 gives the opportunity to test you drug or vaccine within a large and diverse genetic populace .,thus ensuring the fit for use of your vaccine.So why skip it?.or rather as it now trying to claim would commence it along with the public vaccinations.Any sense in that?
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by chrisblack: 6:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Mayflowa:

You may not be aware of the full facts. Russia are not new to scientific breakthrough. They made AK47 at a time guns were for a single shot. Russia had taken the first vaccine 30 years before American started taken one. Until the vaccine is tried in other places, we all can outrightly condemn it when the world needs up to get away from this pandemic. The good part, Russia will be given other countries to produce the vaccines themselves. The timeline for vaccine production may well be shorten from this knowledge and lesson. Science always grow.
please be informed.you don't have to come online to talk about things you know little about. AK-47 is not the first automatic rifle or multi shot gun. There were many before it.way back in 1900 the cet was first amongst many
check this for your enlightenment
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_rifle

2. Your wrong assertion about vaccines.
The smallpox vaccine was the first vaccine to be developed against a contagious disease. In 1796, the British doctor Edward Jenner demonstrated that an infection with the relatively mild cowpox virus conferred immunity against the deadly smallpox virus.
3. Your claim of Russia helping to shorten the knowledge cycle is also wrong cause there is no pointer to that. If truly they are interested in such part a peer review would have been possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is This A Fake Product (TEEM™) CONSUMER BEWARE / Doctors Remove Cup Stuck Inside A Woman For 4 Years From Sex Incident / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.