Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 (25607 Views)

Lagos Ride: Lagos State Unveils Ride-Hailing Taxi Scheme / Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations / 10 Traffic Laws In Lagos That The Government Failed To Enforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Lagos shud thread softly

Shout out to my boss UDUJ..
Bros I hope u r doing well sir
Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by shaklisco(m): 7:20am On Aug 12, 2020
bigpicture001:

This is because your an employee and not an employer... Pikin wey dem carry for back non know say journey far....... Careless talk!
you dey mind the mad boy.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by fawaz050(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2020
louso:
Y shld a App/Org come to our country/state without bin properly licensed and not taxed? R they not making money here? Can they try that abroad?

Lagos state is very right. There should be regulations. Anybody cant come from nowhere and start operating like it is their right. Do u know what it takes to open a business entity abroad?

You're comparing developed countries who have a wonderful business climate to Nigeria where a start up business would stutter to provide basic facilities for itself?.

Read the requirements again and think of yourself as a driver.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Yeyenairaland(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2020
Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by chukiz(m): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2020
wicked government. Apc is evil

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Casablanca111: 7:26am On Aug 12, 2020
Hmmmmmm noted
Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Foolishbuhari: 7:26am On Aug 12, 2020
Acidosis:

Just don't complain when Uber or Bolt tells you to pay N5000 for a 1 hour trip.

You people should keep running your mouth. Government don't give a fck about you, that's why the regulation is all about them, how much they want as taxes, 10% service fee on all trips, licensing fee, annual renewal of licenses, etc. It's all about them, not you the consumer who seems to know too much on how to protect a corrupt and useless government.

Leave that idiot. Truth is people like him have never used cab services and probably will never cos they are broke and frustrated hence looking for whom to offload their frustrations upon

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2020
it's good I like it.... lagosians must have sense by force.... lemme hear any Uber driver complain.... bastards

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by madampresident(f): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2020
What kind of useless policy is this? Looks like this government is under pressure to kill any business that manages to survive in this country.

N10 million for 1000 cabs and N5 million for 50 cabs? This government is not wise at all.

Shoprite is out.
Gokada and the rest are out
Bolt and Uber are threatened.

How many more to go?

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by tunapawizzy: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2020
bouquilee:
I think it's time for apc to pack their loads, it's getting out of hand already
Why Lagosians think another party cannot rule them better than APC is still a myth to me. This enforcement is not well thought out. You tax operators this much, they are not running charity, the cost will be transferred to the end users. How will the operators grow with this. If they do not grow how will they provide opportunity for more people. If more people do not have opportunities to earn a living, how will they be brought into the tax bracket. If policies like this make people resort to crime, the state will spend more money combating crime. How do these people think.First gokada n Co, now taxis.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Superrman: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2020
When the time comes, the people being pushed to the wall will fight back when there’s no where to run to again and it won’t be funny.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2020
Lorenzop:
Nigeria, so good in killing start ups and job opportunities....every damn govt is only interested in stifling the growth of any start up, SMEs etc....whereas our counterparts are busy declaring the number of jobs added, this useless govt is busy calculating the number of jobs lost and sadly they derive pleasure in impoverishing the masses, saner climes are busy granting tax waivers to start ups to encourage growth of businesses and job creation but in Nigeria they prefer to kill you with tax before you even dream of establishing your business...tufia!

yes my brother SINCE GRADUATES TODAY DRIVE KEKE , NIGERIA GOVERNMENT IS NOT HAPPY AND TRYING TO DESTROY THAT BUSINESS

WHAT IS LEFT FOR US YAHOO YAHOO PLUS EVERYBODY !

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Harddiskng(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2020
joyandfaith:
Our source also claims that the company, which has been collecting data from Uber and Bolt without their knowledge, already has the data of over 5,000 drivers from both platforms.

“The company proposes to continue amassing data, they would now also be the consultant to help the Government collect service charges.”

Despite the obvious privacy violations, our source claims that the company’s proposal came from someone high up in the governor’s cabinet, and during the meeting, they revealed they were in the process of developing an app for taxi operations.

Fear Nigeria grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by ayoomo9(m): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2020
No!
OralB:
This a survey.
Do you still enjoy OralB like before?
Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by tunapawizzy: 7:31am On Aug 12, 2020
madampresident:
What kind of useless policy is this? Looks like this government is under pressure to kill any business that manages to survive in this country.

N10 million for 1000 cabs and N5 million for 50 cabs? This government is not wise at all.

Shoprite is out.
Gokada and the rest are out
Bolt and Uber is threatened.

How many more to go?
The thing dey surprise me o. Like once u are in government, sense must run far from you. I don't understand anymore

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Foolishbuhari: 7:32am On Aug 12, 2020
Sammy07:
..i swear they think nah only easterners dey SE. SE where land / rents cost like mad, the guy is funny

I dey tell you. Sometimes I dey wonder wetin dey Enugu when I dey pay 800k for 3 bedroom flat.

The only thing when person dey gain here na the security and peace of mind for the main town when even those stupid efcc boys Wan collect from person with their senseless raids which they've stopped for now sha. Fools!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by BabaO2: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2020
adebayo201:
See money Just to get licence??

Mhen, Lagos State is enjoying.
This is annoying, why making life so difficult for the people? Not that the people in Nigeria leadership have a better academic or otherwise qualifications above the majority of the masses. These people are just too extremely extorting money from people who are not political jobbers.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Sasaeniyan29(m): 7:33am On Aug 12, 2020
after paying tax to government by Uber,bolt etc still it's not enough for government to provide good road for people to enjoy when ordering this taxi services and they were demanding for more tax to be paid by the commuters.i just hope some investors ll open their eyes and brain to go else where cos Nigeria government is full of shit policy that enrich their pocket alone....... stupid people ..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Cradle007: 7:34am On Aug 12, 2020
Rules that cannot be adhere to. Telling people to start using cars not more than 3 years of present year which means it must be 2017 modern upward, in this Nigeria where buying new modern cars is like building a duplex. Rubbish law to extort hustling drivers that have found solace in Bolt and and taxify that the government can't introduce.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by sucess001(m): 7:34am On Aug 12, 2020
This is shameful.

I don't blame the apc govt tho as lagosians don't have sense anv keep voting anyone recomended by bourdillon.

You overtax people for tolls. Introduce all sort of taxes, ban ride hailing bikes, now you want to take money from people struggling to survive through Uber and bolt...this is really insensitive and inhuman...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 12, 2020
One thing i love about Lagos is its drive for internal revenue generation.. Unbeatable Lasgidi grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Superrman: 7:35am On Aug 12, 2020
MEHN FVCK BOTH, THEY BOTH DESTROYED THIS COUNTRY. I JUST PITY WE YOUTHS SINCE WE CANT TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS
Viicfuntop:
This isn’t funny grin. You know what will be eh stupid? If APC wins in Edo state, then Nigeria is really gone for good. I mean we understood first term of Apc. Everyone saw how their lives turned around. For Buhari to win a second time, amazed me. See I can’t do more than this. None of you have the balls to say it. Pdp was 10 times better than this government and before you give us the crap about how they are all the same; Guys, they probably were, but they had reasonable people take up the mantle of leading the country. There was no nepotism. They actually had qualified people in every positions. So Edo, you can choose to continue to suffer because if you vote in Apc, you will “enjoy” for the first few months but after that, what’s next?

Are you really ready to sacrifice the future of your children for a mere Peanut or because you do not have the balls to take your future back? If any of you have had the opportunity to travel out or let’s say South Africa, you will hate how stagnant and backward we are. So please Edo people, take back your balls in this forth coming election. Enough is Enough. Thank you.

This was intended for the new license fee ride companies, but it led to this up here. So please, be tired of this government. No country has probably had it worst as Nigeria. Youths, join politics now. We that can afford to should Join. You can’t be a president now but when the time comes, you can show to the public you have been in this for a very long time. I can’t even say anything about the guy sentenced to death for blasphemy. Guys, I tell you that no matter how much a government try to rig an election, if there about 80% opposing, don’t you think it would be hard to manipulate such a figure if everyone can clearly see, they have no one voting for them? I am so emotional now and we should all be. This government has literally “killed” us and this country.

#POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS IN EDO AND 2023# Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by RTSC: 7:37am On Aug 12, 2020
Nigerian govt at all levels are actively activating poverty.

It's like they are under a spell.

Ease of business is zero and you are creating more bottle necks for investors in a country that has the poorest people on the planet.

Someone should tell these dimwit politicians that only active businesses can pay tax.

When you finish crippling them or sending them away, where will the tax come from?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by RTSC: 7:39am On Aug 12, 2020
dairykidd:
One thing i love about Lagos is its drive for internal revenue generation.. Unbeatable Lasgidi grin
This is not IGR generation, this is poverty activation.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by femmy2010(m): 7:40am On Aug 12, 2020
sylve11:
What's the difference between Uber and a guy with a car that can easily gets called up whenever his services is needed to go drop or pick somebody up, and still gets paid?

Has Uber not been paying taxes to the government before?

Seems the government isn't tired of some vices going on in Lagos.

For every company driven away, over 10 good guys becomes bad guys who are ready to cause havoc and see it as a norm, just to ensure they survive.

Little things the government turns away from, are the little things that are causing massive problems all over the country.

Life in Nigeria is not easy. Those in power do not know this, because, they have enough to dwell on.
cool

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/18/uber-faces-2-9m-fee-to-renew-london-license-under-new-rules/
Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by RTSC: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2020
I just learnt from people in the know that Ghana has created a task force whose sole duty is convincing companies in Nigeria to move to Ghana.

Poor electoral choices has real life consequences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Enforce Regulations On Ride Hailing Companies From August 20 by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2020
RTSC:

This is not IGR generation, this is poverty activation.
We are on the same page bro if u look at my post closely.. na ground dey suffer when two elephants dey fight cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dead Traffic-Lights & Blocked Drainage In Abuja / 9ja To Usa. A Story Of Grace And Providence. / Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.