Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,671 members, 7,959,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! (4410 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / APC Split In Five As Office-sharing War Heightens / Boko Haram: So This Is Why America Said Nigeria Will Split In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by aljharem11(m): 12:34am On Feb 15, 2011
jason123:

@ Ezeuche

[size=18pt]I thought you said the president of Benin republic was not a yoruba man?? As usual, it was a lie!!! sad
[/size]

no no no he said he was a fon because they are the majority grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ezeuche u must be in shame now

thank u jason wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by aljharem11(m): 12:50am On Feb 15, 2011
[size=28pt]ezeuche shame on you[/size] tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by adino(m): 12:56am On Feb 15, 2011
Where is WILLY WILLY?
Where is WILLY WILLY?
Where is WILLY WILLY?
Where is WILLY WILLY?
Where is WILLY WILLY?

@ WILLY WILLY
your comment is seriously needed on this thread ASAP. Abi you are still on honeymoon with your Yoruba wife, you really love that your wife oo. Hope you pay your Aboki gateman before you travel.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by aljharem11(m): 1:07am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^^^

why is she/he needed undecided
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by aljharem11(m): 2:15am On Feb 15, 2011
ezeuche come back here grin grin grin

you know we are brothers smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by seanet02: 2:48am On Feb 15, 2011
jason123:

Benin President: I am Yoruba

President of Benin Republic, Dr Thomas Boni Yayi, yesterday shocked prominent Yoruba Obas and leaders when he announced in impeccable Yoruba at Ile-Ife that he was happy to be back home.

Yayi, who was in Ile Ife to receive an honourary doctorate degree from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), IIe-Ife and a chieftaincy title from the Ooni of Ife, declared that he was happy to be where his story started.

"Kabiyesi, my being here today is homecoming. It is the water that weaned me that I have come to see. It is the bosom that I sucked that I have come to behold. Just continue to pray for me-your son who is the President of Benin Republic," he told the Ooni after he was conferred with the chieftaincy title of Sooko Adimula Obaninuola of Ife.

Yayi, who is from the Yoruba-speaking part of Benin Republic, told his audience which included Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Afenifere leaders Chiefs Reuben Fasoranti and Ayo Adebanjo including the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji AbdulMumini Kabir Usman that his country and Nigeria were inseparable brothers.

"Nigeria and Benin share the same culture, people and history. Indeed, Benin is Nigeria's 37th state while Nigeria is Benin's 7th department"he said.

He added that he was happy that the regional integration started by former President Olusegun Obasanjo was being continued by the Yar'Adua administration.

The Beninoise president, who thanked Oyinlola for the warmth with which he received him at the Airport in Ibadan and through the ceremonies at the OAU and the Ooni's palace, said he would be happy to host the governor and the Ooni in his country in 2009. He was accompanied by over 10 Yoruba Obas from Benin Republic who came in richly embroidered aso oke.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6582:benin-president-i-am-yoruba&catid=46:sunday-compass&Itemid=698
i have always said the man is a YORUBA man, but people like ezeuche, physicsmhd and afam4eva called me names in the cultural section, the labelled me a liar.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by aljharem11(m): 2:53am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^^^^

i was shocked as well shocked shocked shocked

well Thank God we know the truth now grin grin grin

to all your yoruba hater, they have been put to shame grin grin wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by jason123: 3:13am On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

i have always said the man is a YORUBA man, but people like ezeuche, physicsmhd and afam4eva called me names in the cultural section, the labelled me a liar.

Do not mind them. A bit of research would not hurt anyone. wink
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by spade: 4:21am On Feb 15, 2011
Grand. This shameful event on this here thread is one of the reasons I'd never get to take you glorified illiterates in the Politics section seriously.
Isn't it just funny that even the thread creator has managed to derail his own thread without even knowing it? From a discussion about the Northern secession, to the Yoruba ethnic background of a man in BENIN REPUBLIC. Wow. Of course, not forgetting how the Igbo name always MIRACULOUSLY manages to pop up in the idle discussions of the underachieving mediocres.
But then again, I suppose it would be grossly unrealistic to expect otherwise from a sad collection of miserable loners afterall. grin

Such a waste.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by asorocker: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2011
Arewa is at it again, the same kind of poor thinking and wrong logistics that prcecipated the civil war causing them and yorubas to loose countless number of soldiers against poorly armed biafrans.

The core north west and north east of 8 states ( sokoto, zamfara,kano,kebbi,borno,yobe,katsina,jigawa,) cannot seccede alone.
Less than a quater of nigeria , it will be another 3 years war to end it unless the remaining 28 states do not care.

Mind you kaduna , gombe,adamawa,taraba,bauchi is mixed and can't be considered core north.

The do not have the best fighting soldiers nor do they have the money to bring in arsenals from UK, US ,russia or china. Any seccession not backed by these 3 super powers will fail woefully.

The much I suggest they do is call for referendum .As long as nigeria remains indivisible no single group can be a major power again and control the levers of power , you will need at least 4 regions to make the rules.
As it is now the north only has Arable land , many local govt and states and an upper hand in voting power and politics against the sw, se, ss they should be contented with that but when it comes to economy , commerce, business know how, entertainment , media, human capitalism, financial capitalism, trade sports. It is the south ss, se and sw.

The future civil war nigeria could fight could be 60% economic ,20 % military(private tribal armies),10 political (voting and rigging) another 10% others.

The future can be controlled by those who have the more economy , more military (private army), and a political advantage. The ss looks more like it but they don't have homogeneity, the sw has some indices.

But lack the human guts of ijaws and fulanis . The inferiority complex of loosing the civil war and the inadeqaute number of voting power (states) of igbos rules them out .

The Mbelt is struggling for independence from the core north.

Where as the core north has expired they currently lack the human capital, the finance capital but have the voting power (states).
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by ShangoThor(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2011
@ Bold : Which is precisely the point Asorocker, why should the rest of Nigeria give a toss about arable land? I'm begging them to go. Please leave. Nigeria would do a lot better for it, the implication being, a lot less unproductive mouths to feed in the economy.

[size=14pt]The Northern States that adopted Sharia would be better served to combine forces and
form a new Nation State,"you can't have your cake and eat it too".[/size]

asorocker:

Arewa is at it again, the same kind of poor thinking and wrong logistics that prcecipated the civil war causing them and yorubas to loose countless number of soldiers against poorly armed biafrans.

The core north west and north east of 8 states ( sokoto, zamfara,kano,kebbi,borno,yobe,katsina,jigawa,) cannot seccede alone.
Less than a quater of nigeria , it will be another  3 years war to end it[b] unless the remaining 28 states do not care.[/b]

Mind you kaduna , gombe,adamawa,taraba,bauchi is mixed and can't be considered core north.

The do not have the best fighting soldiers nor do they have the money to bring in arsenals from UK, US ,russia  or china. Any seccession not backed by these 3 super powers will fail woefully.

Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by aljharem11(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2011
uche why are you hiding shocked shocked shocked shocked

i though you said igbos are brave shocked

come here mumu
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Nsiman(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2011
This alj harem is a thorn in the flesh here. Are u ready with ur combatants? Tho gej will win the april polls Let's not pray for this because it's not going to be a nigeria-biafra fight but north and south. Goodluck to nigeria
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

When? When did I even discuss this with you?

Lay off the weed.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by 13volts(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
With a dozen of hard core talibans, alqeda fighters, and some somalians combined them with borori fulani who are famlieer with the terrain southern nigeria will be , Do not expect direct involvement from the usa or uk the prospectively of another iraqi or afghanistan style warfare would not be enticing.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Nsiman(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2011
If arms are taken against each other in nigeria, i think it's going to be a start of the 3rd world war as religious affiliation will play a major role in it. (God forbid)
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Mobinga: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
Its Happening!
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Arosa(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
Please, everybody pray to God so that Nigeria gets divided. I am already praying.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Mobinga: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Arosa(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
. . . and life goes on for those that believe.

Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by willdave: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
If the northerner's wants to slipt, they should for I care. They are very stupid and foolish. They think like the cows they push around on the road thinking they can come push us around like that. You how foolish they can be, the past years they've been ruling they thought of slipting because they won't collect to develop their states again. Selfish and heartless human beings. We are tired of ruled by islam's. They can go to hell for all we care. It's Goodluck or no one else.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by willdave: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
The northerner's are hungry people. Thank God for the oil giving 2 the niger deltants if not hungry would have killed them all. Please no one is scared of spliting okay. We can split for all we care. Its for our own good. All hail Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by beloveeed: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Looking 4word to may 29 AMen!

E don do me, if no be God's will, Let us SPLIT
Re: Southerners, The Country Would Split In April! by Didipapa: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
This people should just forget the presidency for now.its GEJ and him alone,we have seen the north rule and no change.let's give GEJ a chance.talk is cheap and opinion depends on the ears that listens.let them say what they want,but some day we shall seperate the weat from the corn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Lady Has Done It Again! / Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians / The Immortal Biafran Picture That I Craved For...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.