Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) (65779 Views)

Police Arrest Brothers Over Kidnap Of Mother, Son For Ritual In Ogun (Photos) / FRSC Official Batters His Wife Who Is A Road Safety Officer. Photo / One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by agabusta: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
etrange:

I agree with the judge's decision but you bringing up the actress' case doesn't quite help your point. First, because calling two cases the same name (in this case, manslaughter) doesn't guarantee the same outcome cause of the peculiarities of each. Second, because the idea of using a wrongly handled case as a yardstick for other possibly criminal cases is regressive. Hope you get my point.

There is what is called Judicial precedence in cases. You can use it to argue your case. There can never be two cases with virtually same circumstances and peculiarities.

If someone already found guilty for a similar offence is able to obtain bail, while appealing her sentence, there should be no reason to deny these guys their bail. simple

Except if the police charged them with an offence which is not bailable. And that is not the case here.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by andyanders: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
In fact, I pity those guys for what went wrong. As young guys, they must have wanted to just surprise her as old school mates, but it went wrong and resulted to the accident. I know how exited they must have felt when they saw an old schl mate and decided to back up their car but sad to have resulted to her death as a result of the impact from the rear. Too bad. It wasn't intentional. Just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The problem for the guy is, driving without a valid D/L. That is where a murder conviction will be the outcome.

I wouldn't know why other occupants of the car can be charged for murder. Maybe Nigerian law. May her soul rest in
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
cloud:

There is no conspiracy, it was just an unfortunate circumstance. Similar incidents have happened and it's very sad. 2020 is an unforgettable year with so much deaths and mysterious events. Just pray hard so you don't get caught in such a situation. I really feel for those guys,it can happen to anyone

Because the names did not represent a suspected region in the country.
Before the names were manifested, there was so much noise that a sponsored BH classmate murdered her. Until when the names came out for the opposite, that was when the sympathy started pouring in for the initial tagged BH classmate.

May God change Nigeria youths decay mindset.

Tribalism is the order of the day in this country.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by OLULAW: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nigeria and madness. There could only be one person behind the wheels who drove and allegedly accidentally killed the victim. How come two people are charged. You mean occupying a car that accidentally killed a pedestrian is a crime in Nigeria?
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by Missyajoke(f): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
IamHeWrites:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/08/13/police-arraign-two-brothers-over-death-of-first-female-combatant-pilot/amp/

These is just mere show those who killed the lady are just roaming about. But wait I won't be surprised if the army had an hand in her death.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by etrange: 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
agabusta:

There is what is called Judicial precedence in cases. You can use it to argue your case. There can never be two cases with virtually same circumstances and peculiarities.

If someone already found guilty for a similar offence is able to obtain bail, while appealing her sentence, there should be no reason to deny these guys their bail. simple

Except if the police charged them with an offence which is not bailable. And that is not the case here.

First, the peculiarities of each case are what might make the judges' decisions differ and seeing that we don't have all the details here, I think it's over-reaching for you to start calling on the lady's case. You seems enlightened so I'd want to believe you know not to deal with assumptions in legal proceedings. More so, it has been argued over the years and I merely reiterate that a strict commitment to precedent basically guarantees that the court will uphold some mistaken interpretations of the constitution (even when it recognizes them as mistaken and even though it has the power to set them straight). Flexibility is therefore necessary to make things right and not just settled.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by PreyingMantis(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
QuickStandard:
cool
What Justice are you talking about?
Sad thing she's dead. However, it was an accident.
Enough of the twists and turns and emotional blackmail.
I believe it was an accident.
It was the careless driving of the driver, who could have as well used his horn to call her attention.
But saying it was murder is wrong
Shut your trap you unrepentant hypocrite! If the culprits had turned out to be Northerners as widely anticipated, the entire Yoruba nation would've turned up on the streets in millions demanding for justice.

Yoruba is the problem of Nigeria. - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by LaboPolitics: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
Reckless drivers. Next time they touch a car steering, their brains will be on optimal performance. Idiots!
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by ThatFairGuy: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
This wasn't intentional. Her death is painful but those guys should be released.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by ThatFairGuy: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
PreyingMantis:
Shut your trap you unrepentant hypocrite! If the culprits had turned out to be Northerners as widely anticipated, the entire Yoruba nation would've turned up on the streets in millions demanding for justice.

Yoruba is the problem of Nigeria. - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Don't be stupid please.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by linearity: 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
ProfAmaben:
If he has a good lawyer, nothing would happen to him, it was a mistake. The main offense is not being with a valid driver's license, I wonder where her mind was when this happened. The other day, it was a lieutenant colonel that was accidentally killed in a beer parlor by his friend while reversing in Makurdi. Officers should always be at alert, many friends may want to greet you but mistakenly kill you in the process.

RIP LIEUTENANT COLONEL OGUCHE

RIP FLYING OFFICER AROTILE

Any good lawyer, will thank God for the charges and focus on the sentencing phase so as to find ways to reduce their sentence.

The law already acknowledged that, it was a mistake hence they are only been charged with negligent conduct while causing danger to person and property....had it been, it was intentional and not a mistake, they would have been charged with murder 1.

Because it is a mistake does not mean, it is not a crime.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by Seunolakunle678: 2:01am On Aug 14, 2020
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by PreyingMantis(m): 2:06am On Aug 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Don't be stupid please.
Obviously you can't handle the truth
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by PropertyBuying(f): 4:50am On Aug 14, 2020
May Tolu's soul continues to rest in peace.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by CodeHouse: 9:23am On Aug 14, 2020
Police and pocket sha.. @ picture
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by Knownpal(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2020
CodeHouse:
Police and pocket sha.. @ picture

Boss me. Longest time.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by Ohizman73(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2020
SmartProf:
They both pleaded not guilty and have been granted a N1million bail by the Judge who also adjourned the case. It's sad cos even if justice prevails, a Star girl is gone forever.
the incident is very unfortunate.what of the thousands of Nigerians who are individuals shining stars also killed and maimed in road accidents of their own making. Like the FAAN staff crushed to death. Who had nobody to seek justice from. God help us all.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by CodeHouse: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2020
Knownpal:

Boss me. Longest time.

Yea..let me call ya
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Police Arraign Brothers Over Death Of Flying Officer (photo) by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2023
damn, they kilt this beach who clearly, had a future in the air force and successfully swept the case under the carpet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ezeoke, Chief Security Of Awka Killed By Cult Boys (Disturbing Photo) / Woman Slaughters Her Mother In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Togolese Cook Accused Of Killing Ope Bamidose Makes Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.