Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church (724 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma / Deeper Life Members Are Angry Over The Invitation Of Gospel Artists To now sing / Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
Good afternoon fellow brethren in Christ.

For some years now, an anormally is spreading like wildfire and that is invitation of comedians to perform in the church.

Some people have said that nothing is wrong inviting them to entertain or spice up things. However, I don't think a comedian is needed to make the church joyous or happy.

As we all know comedians tell a lot of lies, exaggerations or gestures while performing just to carry their audience along.

It is the work of the mighty move of the Holy Spirit that we need not comedians because the Kingdom of God involves righteousness, peace and joy in the HolyGhost. We are all aware that the church is a revival centre and not an comedy or entertainment center.

God will continually strengthen us to continually seek Him first in a diligent manner in Jesus name. The Lord continually strengthen the body of Christ worldwide in Jesus name.

#SeeKGodFirst
#MoveOfTheSpirit.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
I humbly invite others to join in this discussion.

delkuf, OLAADEGBU, Righteousness89, moneyfem, lastchild, overcomersfaith, Brachaa
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by danielinyang(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
Your right
more grace
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
danielinyang:
Your right more grace
Amen. Thanks very much sir
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by blackfish(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmm!. This calls for a deep moment of reflection and correction. God bless you sir man of God.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Emmanuelcann: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
No error there! Jesus sent his disciples to feed his sheep (which are quite few). Nothing stops the other crowd from entertaining the goats. Those are no churches but business centres. If the entertainment ceases the crowds will go away!
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Ehiscotch(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
It is what someone called the "gospel of accomodation". Where the church in a quest to increase members and "growth" have introduced false and convenient doctrines to attract people to church.

This is the problem the church faces today.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
Jiggaz.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Isn't xtianity a comedy
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Isn't xtianity a comedy
No it isn't. Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
blackfish:
Hmm!. This calls for a deep moment of reflection and correction. God bless you sir man of God.
Amen. Thank you
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
lucky1960:
Good afternoon fellow brethren in Christ.
For some years now, an anormally is spreading like wildfire and that is invitation of comedians to perform in the church.
Some people have said that nothing is wrong inviting them to entertain or spice up things. However, I don't think a comedian is needed to make the church joyous or happy.
As we all know comedians tell a lot of lies, exaggerations or gestures while performing just to carry their audience along.
It is the work of the mighty move of the Holy Spirit that we need not comedians because the Kingdom of God involves righteousness, peace and joy in the HolyGhost. We are all aware that the church is a revival centre and not an comedy or entertainment center.
God will continually strengthen us to continually seek Him first in a diligent manner in Jesus name. The Lord continually strengthen the body of Christ worldwide in Jesus name.
They can do whatever they want in their churches. churches as you know them are kingdoms that belong to the men who own and run them, so leave God out of this. These businesses are free to do as they please so long as they remain within the code as pertains their business license
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by jiggaz(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:
Jiggaz.
I don't really know what to say my brother.. I think it depends on the church and the Pastor. I don't judge all these things really... I don't judge people to be honest...
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
jiggaz:
I don't really know what to say my brother.. I think it depends on the church and the Pastor. I don't judge all these things really... I don't judge people to be honest...

Ok. Good.

I didn't want to sound judgemental too that was why I mentioned you.

Thanks.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by jiggaz(m): 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:

Ok. Good.

I didn't want to sound judgemental too that was why I mentioned you.

Thanks.
You're welcome.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nephilim: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
If a pastor says God calls him, erect a structure and invite wayward musicians parading as gospel Artiste and comedians to perform, who am I to judge him?

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
There Is Nothing Wrong In Dat. I Don't Know Y Africans Especially Nigerians Sees Sin In Almost Everything. There Is Time 4 Everything. Over Spirituality Is What Is Killing Us.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Truvel:
There Is Nothing Wrong In Dat. I Don't Know Y Africans Especially Nigerians Sees Sin In Almost Everything. There Is Time 4 Everything. Over Spirituality Is What Is Killing Us.
Good evening sir. I never termed it as sin but an inappropriate or controversial act. Hence it should be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
lucky1960:
Good evening sir. I never termed it as sin but an inappropriate or controversial act. Hence it should be discouraged.
What Is Inappropriate Or Controversial Abt It? As Long As It's Fun & Comfortable It's Good.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Truvel:
What Is Inappropriate Or Controversial Abt It? As Long As It's Fun & Comfortable It's Good.
Have you watched comedians crack sexual jokes or jokes filled with lies before on church altar? Also we are know the church is not primarily self entertainment, comedy e.t.c.

People can visit entertainment center for entertainment, comedy. Nothing is wrong with that.
Also i am not preaching the above as doctrine but just an advice.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
lucky1960:
Have you watched comedians crack sexual jokes or jokes filled with lies before on church altar? Also we are know the church is not primarily self entertainment, comedy e.t.c.

Although that is my opinion and not a doctrine
Sexual Jokes In D Church Is Not God. Dat's Y I Said, Fun & Comfortable.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2020
lucky1960:

People can visit entertainment center for entertainment, comedy. Nothing is wrong with that.
Dat's Wat I'm Saying, As Long As D Jokes Are Healthy Jokes 2 Put Smiles & Laughter On People's Face Nothing Is Wrong.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2020
lucky1960:

I beg to disagree with on the bolded. No comedian invited to the church has ever cracked sexual jokes. At least the ones I've seen/heard.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by delkuf(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2020
Truvel:
There is absolutely everything wrong with it. Christianity is junk that everything goes. Like the op said, if the Holy Spirit is leading the church, that church is just doing jamboree.
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by delkuf(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2020
lucky1960:

Sorry for commenting late. You have said the truth. Any Church that the Holy Spirit is not leading, that Church is empty
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by Missyajoke(f): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Most church foundations are shaky am sorry to say this most pastors have diverted from their divine calling because if money, fame and have decided to bring the worldliness to the church which ought not to be so.... . shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Enough Of This Error: Invitation Of Comedians To Perform In Church by lucky1960: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2020
delkuf:
Sorry for commenting late. You have said the truth. Any Church that the Holy Spirit is not leading, that Church is empty
Yes sir. Thanks very much.

(1) (Reply)

Principalities And Power Know The Truth. / Btw Daddy Freeze, Paul Enenche And Abel Damina / Christain:please Differences Of GOD And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.