Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. (8964 Views)

Advice Needed, Buying Tokunbo Tyres Or Brand New In Nigeria ? / Store For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts Both New And Tokunbo. / Tokunbo Tyres Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by David50: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
Emmyk:

Gotcha. I always tell the vulkanizer to pump them to 34psi. He always say they are too low, but I ignore him all the time.

What's the recommended PSI for the tyre?
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by melviniyke2002(m): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
David50:

mostly 44psi....personally i do 40..mind u maxxis has two variant made in thaiand n taiwan.....thailand is very gud....
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by adanny01(m): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
melviniyke2002:
mostly 44psi....personally i do 40..mind u maxxis has two variant made in thaiand n taiwan.....thailand is very gud....

44psi will be maximum tire pressure not recommended. Recommended is usually less than 40

2 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by GreekDon: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
bendovex:

Exactly. I bought 4 brand new Sunfull tires early this year, one of them developed a big bulge last month, I changed it. I just noticed that another one has worn out terribly, will soon change it. Anything China tire is not for me anymore.

Kingreign was right about those SUNFULL tires.

Absolute piece of rubbish. Got two new SUNFULL tires in 2019. Travelled around Sept this year from Phc to Asaba and on my return trip, the tires were already dancing skelewu.

Had to replace the entire 2. Very annoying something. Meanwhile, my 2 front tokunbo tires I bought from Gazzuzz in 2018 are still in top form.

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
This one you are all complaining about chinko tyres, did you inform the Chinese that the tyres were going off road.

Chinko tyres be like... grin

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by sheu01: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
David50:

Some1 said it all, it depend on maintenance. Nigeria vulcanizer, only few understd d gauge they hold and most of them are using inaccurate gauge, u tell them to put 35psi but they put 60psi , 50psi in d front while 30psi and 40psi at d back. Only few of them are using accurate gauge. I'm using double king pressure tyre and it serve me well. I have traveled with it from Ogun to Minna and Minna to PH but no regret
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Emmyk(m): 3:21am On Dec 18, 2020
David50:

34psi.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by bonnyhope: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2022
dominic17:
I would suggest new tires because I have been using maxxis bought over three years ago regularly without having any issue at all. not even a leak as a matter of fact,I have never used my spare tire.

Bros, The maxis tyres how can someone get the original ones.

I am considering buying new and affordable tyres but scared of fake ones.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by bonnyhope: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2022
Emmyk:

I got 4 maxxis about 4 weeks ago. I hope they serve me that long too. smiley

Oga, how is your maxis tyres doing

Can you recommend if for someone who wants to buy new tyres?
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by paix(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
Praxtech:

Tires don't expire
I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by paix(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
sheu01:

Some1 said it all, it depend on maintenance. Nigeria vulcanizer, only few understd d gauge they hold and most of them are using inaccurate gauge, u tell them to put 35psi but they put 60psi , 50psi in d front while 30psi and 40psi at d back. Only few of them are using accurate gauge. I'm using double king pressure tyre and it serve me well. I have traveled with it from Ogun to Minna and Minna to PH but no regret
I go to tyre service centres to fix my tyres. I have stopped patronising local vulcanisers long time ago.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Emmyk(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2022
bonnyhope:

Oga, how is your maxis tyres doing

Can you recommend if for someone who wants to buy new tyres?

It should be fine. I sold the car November last year tho. grin
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by bonnyhope: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
Emmyk:

It should be fine. I sold the car November last year tho. grin

Ok tnx

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Sportwin(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
Learnt something
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Oracleee: 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
kingreign:

Last year I bought two tyres brand new. 3 months down the line, one developed a huge bulge, the other started vibrating only to discover it was bent. My true pressure was 30PSI always. My crime was driving from Uyo to Calabar and back then these tyre went bad.

But Tokumbo tyres I use never had such nastiness.

I have been using tokunbo tyres on my car now for three years. Funny I bought the tyres then due to financial constraints. The new tyres I bought for my other car after wards is gone, but this tokunbo ones light truck abi wetin Dem call am still dey very good state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting An International Driving Licence In Nigeria / How To Avoid Battery Explosions (Yes, They Really Happen) / Do This Simple “bounce Test” To Know If Your Car Has Suspension Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.