Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. (504 Views)

Women Are Fighting Against Patriarchy, They Indirectly Accept Patriarch / Never Agree To A Relationship With No Gender Roles / Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Hardebaryor(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Patriarchy didn't create Gender roles. Nature and Necessity did.

Gender roles created patriarchy.

Ask any female around you their criteria in choosing a man.. Financial stability will be number 1 or 2... Who can provide for them.. No matter how much they earn even.

"Love me for who I am" is meant for only women...King, that's not for you.. Sorry.

Male feminists,
They told you the movement is for both gender, you accepted 'wifenotcook", You accepted "wifenotnanny".. Cool.

now you're getting bullied for asking them to share bills.. Meaning they want all the gender expectations and roles gone.. For them.. But for you.. You still have to continue with yours.

If you as a male child you wake up one day to tell us how;

Your mum cooking for you guys when you were young was all Patriarchial and oppressive.
But you think your father slaving all his life to provide your needs and that of your mum was Normal and him performing his duties.. You've been brainwashed by the online gender war veterans.

"Oh, fathers only gives money and pay bills"

Without money you won't have shelter, comfort, good Health, clothes, formal education..
Your dad gave you all of that and more too.. You didn't see that as oppressive because you got brainwashed to see the sacrifices of men as 'romantic', "being a man ", "being a father figure" and performing his duties..
But the sacrifices of women as "slavery ', "oppression " and whatnots.

You ask yourself, how come different societies with no prior contacts practiced same settings for hundreds of years?.. Patriarchy.

Your father didn't oppress your mum..
Your father never had it easier.

Patriarchy wasn't created to oppress women by men.

Patriarchy(maybe no more needed) was created by nature and necessity, enjoyed by both men and women... And suffered by both.

Good morning.

Taopheeq Olaitan

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2677898169133815&id=100007409736134

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Freezby2020: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2020
THIS IS A MASTERPIECE, ITS REALLY TRUE.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Hardebaryor:

Ask any female around you their criteria in choosing a man.. Financial stability will be number 1 or 2... Who can provide for them.. No matter how much they earn even.

"Love me for who I am" is meant for only women...King, that's not for you.. Sorry.

Male feminists,
They told you the movement is for both gender, you accepted 'wifenotcook", You accepted "wifenotnanny".. Cool.

now you're getting bullied for asking them to share bills.. Meaning they want all the gender expectations and roles gone.. For them.. But for you.. You still have to continue with yours.

Your mum cooking for you guys when you were young was all Patriarchial and oppressive.
But you think your father slaving all his life to provide your needs and that of your mum was Normal and him performing his duties.. You've been brainwashed by the online gender war veterans.

Without money you won't have shelter, comfort, good Health, clothes, formal education..
Your dad gave you all of that and more too.. You didn't see that as oppressive because you got brainwashed to see the sacrifices of men as 'romantic', "being a man ", "being a father figure" and performing his duties..

You ask yourself, how come different societies with no prior contacts practiced same settings for hundreds of years?.. Patriarchy.

Patriarchy(maybe no more needed) was created by nature and necessity, enjoyed by both men and women... And suffered by both.

Good morning.

Taopheeq Olaitan

Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by LordIsaac(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2020
Bless you sir... A pure truth void of hypocrisy!
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Kalatium(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Succinct
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by CHoccolaTE: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
Women also provide for children and take care of them.
Men are not the only ones providing

Infact in majority cases women are also providers in families

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by SaintBeehot(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Feminist
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
As if feminists have any idea what the world looked like 50 years ago
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

that's when the man has finally died after years slaving life and energy from his body.

There were Efulefus though but those were never regarded or treated as men
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by CHoccolaTE: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nuel4:
that's when the man has finally died after years slaving life and energy from his body.

There were Efulefus though but those were never regarded or treated as men

Story

You men really like lying to yourselves
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by CHoccolaTE: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Feminist

Yes, feminist

Oya come and beat me na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by SaintBeehot(m): 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Yes, feminist

Oya come and beat me na
I hate the ones I've encountered, especially sisi Africa of OAU.
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by CHoccolaTE: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
SaintBeehot:
I hate the ones I've encountered, especially sisi Africa of OAU.

Do I look like I care
Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hardebaryor:

Male feminists,

Good morning.

Taopheeq Olaitan

This is true. Nature created patriachy. And it worked for them. Then. Men were at the top, the warriors, the breadwinners, etc and women stayed to care for the homestead.
It worked well.
But time has passed, a lot has changed.
Men are no longer sole providers, women want to do more, to be more, to have more opportunities than just caring for the house.
Gender roles are almost extinct.
And patriachy doesn't work well. Anymore.
What works now is gender equality.

1 Like

Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Shugavee(f): 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chii59:

This is true. Nature created patriachy. And it worked for them. Then. Men were at the top, the warriors, the breadwinners, etc and women stayed to care for the homestead.
It worked well.
But time has passed, a lot has changed.
Men are no longer sole providers, women want to do more, to be more, to have more opportunities than just caring for the house.
Gender roles are almost extinct.
And patriachy doesn't work well. Anymore.
What works now is gender equality.
it worked well from ur perspective , not generally. We just survived

2 Likes

Re: Patriarchy Didn't Create Gender Roles. Nature And Necessity Did. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
Shugavee:
it worked well from ur perspective , not generally. We just survived
However you choose to see it, it worked. Kept the law and order of things going. Of course, even patriachy is imperfect. Or rather those who enforced patriachy.
Patriachy is old fashioned now. Not good enough for the 21st century.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cheating Boyfriend’s Car Burned Down By Girlfriend / What Can Make You Take Your Life / ‘I Trained Her In The University, Built House For Her’, Man Rejected By Fiancée

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.