Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS (33997 Views)

Obadiah Mailafia Was Hounded By DSS Till He Died - Sowore / Obadiah Mailafia Is Dead: Former CBN Deputy Governor Dies In Abuja / Obadiah Mailafia: World Powers Want To Destroy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by dre11(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
The Department of State Services (DSS) on Friday said a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Dr Obadiah Mailafiya, is playing to the gallery and desperate to breach peace in the country.

Mailafiya, had in a recent interview, alleged a Northern Governor was Commander of the Boko Haram terrorist group.

He was subsequently invited by the Plateau State office of the DSS for questioning and later released.

Public Relations Officer, National Headquarters, Abuja of the DSS, Dr Peter Afunanya, in a statement on Friday pointed out this was an indication of an earlier warning about desperate efforts by some notable personalities to use their exalted positions to cause total breakdown of law and order.

Afunanya said Mailafiya had “profusely apologised” during his visit to the Service’s Plateau State Command for his comments, only to announce that he stood by them afterwards.

The statement reads: “On 27th July, 2020, the Department of State Services (DSS) alerted the nation about desperate efforts by some notable personalities to use their exalted positions; take advantage of developments in the country and cause a total breakdown of law and order. It also revealed that part of the orchestrations was to engage in divisive acts as well as use inciting statements to pit one group against another.

“With latest occurrences in the country, Nigerians may have no reason to doubt the Service’s earlier pronouncement. Dr. Obadiah Mailafiya’s recent outburst aimed at playing to the gallery and creating unnecessary tension is a confirmation of his group’s desperation to breach the peace.

“Mailafiya, as a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and currently, a Directing Staff at Nigeria’s foremost Policy Research Institute, the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, has unhindered access to government platforms. It is expected that he should be conversant with official information management protocols.

“But regrettably, he chose to cross the lines of decorum and conduct expected of a personality of his status.

“It is disappointing that he never took advantage of these to reach any of the security or related agencies to share the so called information at his disposal.

” This, he has agreed to be a grievous error on his part. It, however, suggests his mischief and determination to use the fake news he spewed to incite the people under his control.

“It is even more condemnable that Mailafiya, who had profusely apologized during his visit to the Service’s Plateau State Command for his ignoble statement, would, afterwards, announce to the world that he stood by his misguided eruption.

“Similarly, the Service also wishes to warn others, who in the guise of political mobilization and supposed pursuit of group interests, engage in hostile and subversive activities, to desist forthwith from advancing their inimical and parochial causes.

“The Service will not stand idly and watch disgruntled and aggrieved elements take laws into their hands and cause mayhem in the polity.

“In line with its mandate of detecting and preventing threats and crimes against the internal security of Nigeria, the Service hereby reiterates its previous warning that it will henceforth not condone unruly conducts of persons and groups that ought to know better.

“In this regard, it will not hesitate to, within the confines of the law, decisively deal with such persons and/or groups, no matter how highly placed, that may wish to test its resolve.

“It will, nonetheless, continue to support participatory democracy in the country and therefore urges all players to abide by the rules of the game.

“On the other hand, the Service implores law abiding citizens to go about their normal businesses without fear. It assures them of protection and pledges to strengthen existing measures designed to achieve this objective.”

SOURCE

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by ghettokid1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Naija nawa....the Man might be right btw

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Karlifate: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
They will do anything to bury this case & possibly silent the man, when no one is watching.

DSS = Disposing Serious Secrets.

They were able to launch full attack (without thorough investigation) on the man that was allegedly using Hanan Buhari's sim. Even went ahead to detain him for several weeks BUT now they treat the issue of National security as a joke.

Anyway, they should pay the 10M Naira the court asked them to pay.
Bunch of debtors.

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by BlowYourMind: 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
DSS and lie Muhammad (SAW)

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
DSS are trying hard to cover thier oga at the top who happens to be the sponsor we have been looking for
Boko Haram cannot fight Boko Haram,this is a fact
Mailafiyah told us he won't deny his words yesterday and DSS is spitting gibberish today
One would wonder that the dead meat seller has only been cursing his darling daddy in guise of enemy of the state

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Racoon(m): 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
They're now using reversed psychology.Shekau the government alleged was crying & begging to surrender because of Buratai lies has never done so.So much lies, propaganda & wickedness in this nation under this regime.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by BafanaBafana: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
Sorry to say but most Christians up not are worse than Igbos, you can not sit down to an intellectual conversation with them because they have a terrible victim mentality. Now what Maylafiya said is the same thing you hear from them everyday. "Buhari is Boko Haram sponsor, they want to islamize Nigeria, it is all part of their plans, the lecturer failed me because I'm a Christian" (meanwhile your fellow Christian course mate is on first class) etc. That is how they gather themselves and lie, believe the lies and then go home happily.
I remember a guy dropped me from his bike one day because I countered his claims with facts. He was talking about how all southwest governors were Muslims. How Tinubu is removing Ambode because he is a Christian, how Kemi Adeosun was removed because she is a Christian. When I presented him with facts he got so angry that I am a Judas and told me to alight from his Keke.

Now listen to Maylafiya. He claimed to have gotten Intel from a repentant Boko Haram. Possibly somebody told him that someone said someone else said. My guess is that someone told him all these sweet stories just to beg money from him. He had to read out his credentials, he has PhD, he is a banker, he has been to America, they have their intelligence network (thunder) so that he will sound credible. Just in case he is not taken seriously, he had to include the south and bring talk of a civil war. Total bullshit.
The man is an agent of destabilization, probably sponsored by some foreign agents. We have a lot of such people on pulpits today.
He is lucky that we have a weak president with no balls. But what he did must surely come back to hunt him.

PS: I would have loved to respond to many mentions here but most of the people quoting me are the people that believe Buhari is a a clone from Sudan. They will never understand.

32 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Stone03: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Time alone will tell

1 Like

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by LLSAINT(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
You statement to me is incoherent ostensibly from your subjective presentation gone awry
No matter how absurd an info may be, it is the duty of law enforcement agencies to sift and monitor activities to see the flow.
Dr. Mailafia cannot just wake up and make inciting statements just because he wants to be heard but even at that, it is expected agencies put intel on ground to ascertain the facts.
Lives of humans do not know religion or tribe. Let's stop fanning the ember of tribes or religion.
If the DSS feels he has erred, there are means of addressing the situation not to come out in the open to say trash. Let them play us the video of the interrogations to ascertain the veracity. embarassed

BafanaBafana:
Sorry to say but most Christians up not are worse than Igbos, you can not sit down to an intellectual conversation with them because they have a terrible victim mentality. Now what Maylafiya said is the same thing you hear from them everyday. "Buhari is Boko Haram sponsor, they want to islamize Nigeria, it is all part of their plans, the lecturer failed me because I'm a Christian" (meanwhile your fellow Christian course mate is on first class) etc. That is how they gather themselves and lie, believe the lies and then go home happily.
I remember a guy dropped me from his bike one day because I countered his claims with facts. He was talking about how all southwest governors were Muslims. How Tinubu is removing Ambode because he is a Christian, how Kemi Adeosun was removed because she is a Christian. When I presented him with facts he got so angry that I am a Judas and told me to alight from his Keke.

Now listen to Maylafiya. He claimed to have gotten Intel from a repentant Boko Haram. Possibly somebody told him that someone said someone else said. My guess is that someone told him all these sweet stories just to beg money from him. He had to read out his credentials, he has PhD, he is a banker, he has been to America, they have their intelligence network (thunder) so that he will sound credible. Just in case he is not taken seriously, he had to include the south and bring talk of a civil war. Total bullshit.
The man is an agent of destabilization, probably sponsored by some foreign agents. We have a lot of such people on pulpits today.
He is lucky that we have a weak president with no balls. But what he did must surely come back to hunt him.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by saaron(m): 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anybody expecting DSS to investigate Obadiah's revelation must be terribly naive. DSS know the sponsors of boko and Fulani terrorists groups. The problem is they work for the terrorists who incidentally are the ones in power.
Except Nigerians in Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria rise up and disintegrate from the North (a terrorist haven) this wickedness will continue unabated. Buhari's fulani regime is nothing but a terrorist regime. This is the truth!!!

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE LIVES FROM ISLAMIC TERRORISM!! SUPPORT IT.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by chriskosherbal(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria matter eeeh hmmm
Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by romenna: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Is he above the law?
Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by tutudesz: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
DSS should tell us who is sponsoring them if they feel he is wrong undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Marine54(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
saaron:
Anybody expecting DSS to investigate Obadiah's revelation must be terribly naive. DSS know the sponsors of boko and Fulani terrorists groups. The problem is they work for the terrorists who incidentally are the ones in power.
Except Nigerians in Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria rise up and disintegrate from the North (a terrorist haven) this wickedness will continue unabated. Buhari's fulani regime is nothing but a terrorist regime. This is the truth!!!

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE LIVES FROM ISLAMIC TERRORISM!! SUPPORT IT.
Attack on Boko Haram is attack against the north ! Mahammad Buhari....

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
BafanaBafana:

You were chatting with a keke guy, then immediately concluded Christians dont have intellectual conversations up north...

Let's argue:

How do you claim to de-radicalize, rehabilitate, fund and equip over 600 former bokoharam terrorists and not come up with information of the leaders of the group, Source of weaponry, Source of feeding, Sleep spots?

101 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Promoter2: 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Games. Corruption leads at last.

For as low as 1k, promote your business/products to social media users. See my siggy

1 Like

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by freshkpomo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Verdict : 404
A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

Nigerians are suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
grin
Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Lordsonn: 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
This is a lie. The government have thought of it deeply and realized that the level of support for mailafia among the middle belt people and southern Nigeria, prosecuting him will bring out a lot of secrets. Why did it take the DSS 24 hours to refute him. Why was the press statement issued in Abuja instead of the Jos office of DSS?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by JosephXavier: 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
I think the point has been made

If you know you know

2 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Trailblazer1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
If you can't read any meaning to this statement, I'll help you interpret it:

The statement means that DSS or succinctly put it, the Nigerian Govt has already taken sides with the said northern governor while dismissing the grave concern raised by Dr. Malaifa.

The truth is now at risk of being extinguished before our very eyes.

Terrorist government

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by samuel19222(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
BafanaBafana:

16 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Monaco2(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nawa
Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Perfecttouchade: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by facsender1: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
As 2020 is coming to an end, So I've decided to do something Crazy!

I'm looking out to share my Experience on my Journey on How I set-up my eCommerce store from $0 to $2000 while spending less on Ads

In our WhatsApp class I will be sharing my will My Experience, Advice And How you can leverage from it.

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Yakade(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
E no go better for anybody still supporting Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by slivertongue: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
why is DSS struggling to gain media visibility

3 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Blackpromise(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
They play politics and sentiments with everything in Nigeria...May God rid this country of evil people.

For Quality and durable gadgets and Equipments Purchases, Visit
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=d2ogxtfbfkbc&utm_content=gakjk03
We deliver to all parts of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS by Boyooosa(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From The Emab Plaza Bombing / Jonathan Meets U.S. Lawmakers; Speaks On Nigerian Christians, Niger Delta / Osinbajo In Asaba For Delta Economic & Investment Summit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.