Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government (66778 Views)

Juju Calabash & Ritual Sponges Found In Demolished Lagos Mansion (video) / Cost of building 4 bedrooms duplex and expected cost of Architect supervision / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by DelphiOracle(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingzizzy:
Only barbarians destroy buildings they could confiscate and put to other uses
common sense
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by DelphiOracle(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
JAMO84:
Should citizens be behaving like lunatics?
so u'v not heard two wrongs doesn't make a right?

The two parties lack common sense
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by DelphiOracle(m): 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
conductor266:

The man forged judgement. He took himself to court and won himself, then took police to court for not enforcing the judgement and got judgement same day. The judge that gave the fake judgement is in big trouble. The man himself is wanted for previous unanswered crimes and for breach of national security.

For the person talking blah blah blah below, keep saying what you don't know. If you see the so-called documents he got from court you will weep for Nigerian judiciary systm. So many irregularities and other things. For example he got the judgement for an area and was executing the judgement in another area. The court judgement is so vague and doesn't contain beacon numbers or well-described address of the said place.

The NJC has already started making enquiries on the judge.
mhnnnnn see drama.

So was it because of the crime he committed before now make them to destroy his house?
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by OChimex: 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
JAMO84:

The more reason Nigerians deserve their leaders and deserve the messed up country they are in. How can a civilized government who has judiciary, as the arm of government charged with interpretation of the law and handing of deserved judgment, still go ahead to bypass the judiciary in handling their duty. This is why no institution is working since one man can do the job of the 3 arms of government.

what a lawless country.

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Deborah98(f): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
We await the outcome,
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by GamalNasser: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
99thEnemy:

You just contradicted yourself. Did your architect guy allow room for any legal proceeding to tackle the issue? or did he take armed men and a bulldozer to break off about 2km of the fence. And as an irrational human that you are, I am not supprised by you mediocre level of reasoning.

As you can see, many people have already observed and noted that you don't have sense.

If you followed the story you will see he went for the demolishment with a court bailiff and policemen armed with their court judgement...well there was no where I supported his action my grouse is against the illegal retaliatory action of the govt because two wrongs never make a right which is something that people with low IQ like you can never understand....The govt could have charged him to court for Destroying their fence if they think they have a valid case instead of acting about the law as they did ( something people with lower brains like I can never get )

You said many people where against my comment and that doesn't come to me as a suprise because the average IQ in Nigeria is 65 (one of the lowest one Earth ) and that explains why the entire country is in ruins like it is ( because it's mostly filled with lower brained humans like U that cants process simple common sense )
Well enjoy your folly afterall you are the one suffering in Nigeria not me ( trust me not me )

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
tonididdy:
:O this is so unfair

You bring down a structure worth over 30m because a citizen fought for what is his.

What happened to court hearings?
(The citizen went far but the govt. went too far)
From the way you guys comment on here it's very easy to know some of no just get sense in real life. Or maybe most of yall are just teenagers.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by DelphiOracle(m): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

If you followed the story you will see he went for the demolishment with a court bailiff and policemen armed with their court judgement...well there was no where I supported his action my grouse is against the illegal retaliatory action of the govt because two wrongs never make a right which is something that people with low IQ like you can never understand....The govt could have charged him to court for Destroying their fence if they think they have a valid case instead of acting about the law as they did ( something people with lower brains like I can never get )

You said many people where against my comment and that doesn't come to me as a suprise because the average IQ in Nigeria is 65 (one of the lowest one Earth ) and that explains why the entire country is in ruins like it is ( because it's mostly filled with lower brained humans like U that cants process simple common sense )
Well enjoy your folly afterall you are the one suffering in Nigeria not me ( trust me not me )
u talk well jare.
I am surprised how people are supporting the govt in this case.

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by smallsmall: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is the most stupid thing to do. Demolishing the government’s property, claiming encroachment into your land/property.

The property he claims to have is not his, he is only occupying the land cos the Land Use Act of 1978 has placed all land within a state in the hand of the State Government (apart from the mining site). His Certificate of Occupancy can be withdrawn, revoking his right to the land.

His stupidity can make him lose his property and even go to jail, cos the state government can be compelled by the federal government to revoke his CofO.
It is always good to apply wisdom in all we do. He could have find a way to resolve the issue by demanding for compensation for the land encroached or litigate and resign to fate on any outcome from the court.

Na Ibo man now, what do you expect? grin grin
The foolish man was Chest-beating and claiming he is ready to fight the Government to a standstill!
Now, those Fulani in Buhari's Govt who have an axe to grind against Ndigbo, will use him for Suya, just hear what the Aviation Minister said already, like say if na Northerner they will not invite him for "discussion".
If the man is senseless in demolishing Govt fence, must Govt Aviation Minister also be senseless in demolishing his house or is it because he is Igbo?

One thing no one has mentioned is: What exactly was the original problem, how did the Govt encroach on his land in the first place?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by costandi(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
JAMO84:
Should the government behave like touts when the citizenry behave like lunatics?
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by vertueptime: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Both the man and the government should be tried for lawlessness,irresponsibility and shamlessness.

GamalNasser:

Source : https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/14/house-of-architect-who-demolished-enugu-airport-fence-destroyed/amp/

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by 99thEnemy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

Questioning inteligience, you should take your time to review and improve your vocabulary and written comprehension. (how u go talk say "process simple common sense", na wa oh!) for you info, it is the processing process of simple things that is attached to common sense.... ODÉ.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by smallsmall: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
AIIAssociates:
Two wrongs do not make a right.

He has been denied one right.

Section 36(1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria details the constitutional right to fair hearing.

In Latin, audi alteram partem and nemo judex causa sua meaning

1. listen to both sides, consider the evidence of both sides, give the accused an opportunity to state his case and

2. someone who has interest in a matter should not seat in judgement over that matter or in other words, there should be no hint or taint of bias in the composition of the panel

The only exceptions to the above are:

1. Government agencies or authorities other than the courts may address issues of law that affect or have a tendency to affect the civil rights and obligations of anyone so long as the person or persons so affected can state their side of the story in advance of a decision being made

2. Government agencies or authorities other than the courts may address issues of law that affect or have a tendency to affect the civil rights and obligations of anyone so long as their decision is not final and conclusive.

He has also been denied another right.

Section 44 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria details the constitutional right to freedom from indiscriminate takeover of movable and immovable property except by lawful means

Without the involvement of the judiciary, destruction such as this is illegal and crude.

If the architect was uncivilized, the government should have shown it stands on higher moral ground by not returning the favor illegally.

Let me illustrate, in June 2018 the FBI became aware that Obinwanne Okeke was committing crimes against Americans, but they refused to rush to take action. They spent one month reviewing the case and only commenced investigations in July 2019, that is one month later.

After they succeeded in establishing a probable case against him, the FBI approached the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in November 2018 some 4 months after the case was reported and 3 months after investigation commenced.

Why did the all powerful FBI approach the courts for a Federal Search Warrant?

In one sentence, it is all about the due process of law.

Until and unless a court order was procured, the demolition is illegal and there will be damages awarded for such an indiscriminate takeover of property.

Which one do we really want? Rule of thugs or rule of law? Food for thought.
Which one was on display here? You be the judge.

Do you know your constitutional rights? if no, don't let this chance pass you by, this video will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl8Dp5_CGiI

I salute people like you!
The average Nigerian Yoot (and even older ones) rarely engage their brain, before putting thei rmouth or fingers on keyboard into gear.

The Law is the Law, everyone should follow the law.
What the Minister for Aviation did was just crass abuse of Power and he is no different from the guy, even though hehad a Court Order to take over his property, a little wisdom of the Nigerian lawlessness should have made him apply caution in execution, though he need not to
Would the Minister demolish that house, if it belonged to a Military General like Buratai? I dont think so
undecided

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Guestlander: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Reference:
Wow. Goverment getting down and dirty. In America this is usually the job of the CIA.... extra-judicial, black jobs. One sachel charge and the building is back to sand and gravel.

grin The they will probably freeze his credit cards, tap his phones and rendition him from his palatial country home protected by motion sensing cold cameras, fierce looking guards and alligator filled moats...in the dead of night by commando style helidrop.

Nigeria is a B-rated motion picture of extremely poor directing.

You watch too much movies.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by GamalNasser: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
99thEnemy:
Questioning inteligience, you should take your time to review and improve your vocabulary and written comprehension. (how u go talk say "process simple common sense", na wa oh!) for you info, it is the processing process of simple things that is attached to common sense.... ODÉ.

If your brain can't process the simple logic of common sense then why should I waste any further time with you ..Your low IQ is the reason will never be able to make a mere 50 million naira without theft .. Look around the filthy life you currently live in and please no it's low IQ causing it ( I am sure you are still even a Buhari supporter )
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Awol1:
The man don go do pass himself.

Below is an illustration of the man vs FG in pictures. Lol
Lol, that's a honey badger, it's the bravest known mammal alive!
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by dheilaw1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Awol1:
The man don go do pass himself.

Below is an illustration of the man vs FG in pictures. Lol
please remind me the English name of that small animal
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by kachistone: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Village people just do meeting on top the Architect head .
Na wa.

The man get mind go demolish fence for airport. Hmmmm. He no think the matter at all.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by 99thEnemy(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

If your brain can't process the simple logic of common sense then why should I waste any further time with you ..Your low IQ is the reason will never be able to make a mere 50 million naira without theft .. Look around the filthy life you currently live in and please no it's low IQ causing it ( I am sure you are still even a Buhari supporter )
Well as for politics I wouldn't have voted for either Buhari or your favourite Atiku even if I was around. It will forever be sentiments over reason for you. I am very sure you are suffering from borderline personality disorder. And you stressing over suffering in Nigeria, we all are in one way or the other. But you stressing specificaly on finance, I think it has dealt a hard blow on you. Sorry if that is so, I sympathize.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Prettychild(f): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

Source : https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/14/house-of-architect-who-demolished-enugu-airport-fence-destroyed/amp/
That's why it's always good to involve a lawyer before taking rash decisions. A lawyer would have advised him not to tow this part because according to the Land Use Act 1978, all lands is vested in the Governor of a State.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by GamalNasser: 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Prettychild:

That's why it's always good to involve a lawyer before taking rash decisions. A lawyer would have advised him not to tow this part because according to the Land Use Act 1978, all lands is vested in the Governor of a State.

He was armed with a court Judgement and even went there with his lawyer and policemen to demolish the fence

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Prettychild(f): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

He was armed with a court Judgement and even went there with his lawyer and policemen to demolish the fence
Ok, then, if that's the case, he is safe. I only replied based on what I read cos the issue of having a court judgment wasn't stated therein.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by uchrikk(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
The government in power is the god we can see. Though, our God is invisible.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by OlujobaSamuel: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
smallsmall:

I salute people like you!
The average Nigerian Yoot (and even older ones) rarely engage their brain, before putting thei rmouth or fingers on keyboard into gear.

The Law is the Law, everyone should follow the law.
What the Minister for Aviation did was just crass abuse of Power and he is no different from the guy, even though hehad a Court Order to take over his property, a little wisdom of the Nigerian lawlessness should have made him apply caution in execution, though he need not to
Would the Minister demolish that house, if it belonged to a Military General like Buratai? I dont think so
undecided
The house was demolished by the state government not FG. Read the report again. FG can't demolished any building not within federal government land.
Enugu State capital development authority demolished his house somewhere else within the state.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by sirdick17: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

Should the govt be behaving like touts ?
Ask google
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by sirdick17: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
paulolee:
chai....person fall just fence and them scatter him full house....
na when this life wan take balance??
seriously the guy was very wrong to try such on a government property because i kno he cant do same to his village head and the government too was wrong for going too far with the house demolishing when they are better ways to handle this..
Generally I THINK THIS DRAMA CANT HAPPEN IN SANER CLIMES.

Are u kidding me? Trump said when looting start shooting start so, it happen everywhere
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by bizzibodi(m): 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
The man na Badger!We are Badger is filled with so much weeds & challenge d god to a fight.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by fkj950ax(m): 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
It is official.

Nigeria is a failed country.

If I pull down the airport fence, the next line of action of a government, a state, a ministry, is to demolish my home?
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by authority2006(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingzizzy:
Only barbarians destroy buildings they could confiscate and put to other uses
GamalNasser:

Should the govt be behaving like touts?

Guys, learn. This is scapegoating as promised by the minister. Wike did the same thing in Rivers state during covid-19 lockdown
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by mannyiyke: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Lalami3232:
Only God knows what such a man would have been doing to his fellow civilians.
I think the government ignored him, and he did that out of anger. I can remember when Ebonyi State Government came to my father's property, destroyed the uncompleted buildings there and used it to build fire service. Later, they seized the other one. At present, they're using mago mago to share the other land among themselves, without giving us any compensation. They're doing all these illegalities because we're from Anambra State. They also seized other lands owned by mostly Anambrarians. If I retaliate tomorrow, people will say all sorts of things. It's only in Nigeria that people in government will use their power to trample on the rights of others, yet we cry to high heavens that black lives matter if a white man does that. The hypocrisy of Africans is outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by maafen: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
Foolish thing to do, but certainly out of frustration, this action is one of a few, if not the only way to get these people's attention. I sure the man must have tried all possible avenues to be heard by these people to no avail before he resorted to this action.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by authority2006(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
maafen:
Foolish thing to do, but certainly out of frustration, this action is one of a few, if not the only way to get these people's attention. I sure the man must have tried all possible avenues to be heard by these people to no avail before he resorted to this action.

And he has the kind of attention he was looking for now. Destroying the government property for encroachment, really? Who owns the land to begin with?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bella Disu Completes Luxurious High Rise Complex (Pictures) / Lagos Gas Tanker Explosion, Many Injured (Very Graphic Photos, Video) / How Much Can Raise A Decent Room And Parlour Self Contain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.