Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex (953 Views)

Was Matthew 28 VS 19 Altered By The Catholic Church? / Why Did The Bible Not Continue After The Book Of Revelations? / WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Csonice1:

The second death: the death of the final Judgement: is the lake of fire. Having a sorer(worse) punishment than death and hell. It's just like taking two countries (and their respective ambassadors/messengers/spirits) and throwing them into a continent: forever

That's Greek philosophy!

The lake of fire simply means the second death! Revelations 20:14

There is a hope of resurrection from the first death, but there is no hope of resurrection for those thrown into the lake of fire!
Example of those who are already in the lake of fire now is the first human couple Adam and Eve, they're gone forever! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Maximus69:

That's Greek philosophy!

There is a hope of resurrection from the first death, but there is no hope of resurrection for those thrown into the lake of fire!
Example of those who are already in the lake of fire now is the first human couple Adam and Eve, they're gone forever! smiley

Who taught you that?

A Christian has no business with assumptions.
Go, get a Bible and read.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Csonice1:

Who taught you that?

A Christian has no business with assumptions.
Go, get a Bible and read.

Who taught you what you're saying that has not helped all those adhering to the false teachings to cultivate the fruit of God's holy spirit?

Stop deceiving yourself, God told Adam " you will die" Adam died and that was his end, so how come Adam's imperfect descendants should undergo such everlasting cruelty which Adam the first ever sinner never experienced? Jeremiah 7:31 smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 11:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
Thanks for your explanation.

Isaiah 25 vs 8 says God will SWALLOW up DEATH. Rev 20 vs 14 says DEATH is cast into the lake of fire. These two portions of scripture are obviously saying the same thing in symbolic language. The common meaning is that DEATH will cease to be. There will eventually be no more death as mentioned in Rev 21 vs 4. So obviously the LAKE OF FIRE IS THE SYMBOLIC TERM FOR ETERNAL DESTRUCTION. Anything cast into it ceases to be. Gone eternally.

Death as explained earlier is a RETURN TO INEXISTENCE. However all that experience the first death will come back to existence but all that experience the second death will never exist again.

So as @maximus correctly explained Adam and Eve, disobedient ones in Noah's day, all deliberate sinners against God; yes eventually death itself and Hell (old English word for GRAVE), the Devil and all who follow him will experience the second death (casting into the lake of fire), A RETURN TO INEXISTENCE ETERNALLY.

GLORY TO GOD FOR SHINING THE LIGHT OF TRUTH

Maximus69:

That's Greek philosophy!

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Who taught you what you're saying that has not helped all those adhering to the false teachings to cultivate the fruit of God's holy spirit?

Stop deceiving yourself, God told Adam " you will die" Adam died and that was his end, so how come Adam's imperfect descendants should undergo such everlasting cruelty which Adam the first ever sinner never experienced? Jeremiah 7:31 smiley

One of the basic differences between man and angels is repentance/reconciliation. humans are permitted to reconcile with their Maker but angels are not.
who told you that Adam does not live to God according to the spirit? Who taught Cain,Abel and Seth about God?.

1 Peter 4:6 " For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit"
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

One of the basic differences between man and angels is repentance/reconciliation. humans are permitted to reconcile with their Maker but angels are not.
who told you that Adam does not live to God according to the spirit? Who taught Cain,Abel and Seth about God?.

1 Peter 4:6 " For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit"

Everyone can quote the Bible because it has been translated to the common language that's widely spoken, but when it comes to grasping the sacred secrets there is a special group to which it has been given {Matthew 13:11} if you fail to recognize them you can never understand the Bible! smiley

You don't understand what the Bible is saying so calm down and learn, the fruit Adam and Eve ate was called "the knowledge of good and evil" {Genesis 2:17} For Adam to have deliberately eaten it along with his wife means they don't want God to continue teaching or instructing them on what is right or wrong anymore, they want to decide for themselves. so how do you think they will now teach their children the standard they themselves have rejected? undecided

Of course the gospel will be preached to those who had died but it's going to be after they are resurrected back to life, that's why there is going to be the resurrection of the UNRIGHTEOUS along with the righteous, otherwise they are gone for good! Act 24:15 embarassed
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 7:54am On Aug 16, 2020
Maximus69:

Everyone can quote the Bible because it has been translated to the common language that's widely spoken, but when it comes to grasping the sacred secrets there is a special group to which it has been given {Matthew 13:11} if you fail to recognize them you can never understand the Bible! smiley

You don't understand what the Bible is saying so calm down and learn, the fruit Adam and Eve ate was called "the knowledge of good and evil" {Genesis 2:17} For Adam to have deliberately eaten it along with his wife means they don't want God to continue teaching or instructing them on what is right or wrong anymore, they want to decide for themselves. so how do you think they will now teach their children the standard they themselves have rejected? undecided

Of course the gospel will be preached to those who had died but it's going to be after they are resurrected back to life, that's why there is going to be the resurrection of the UNRIGHTEOUS along with the righteous, otherwise they are gone for good! Act 24:15 embarassed

By comparison, their sin is way smaller than the sins that humans commit these days. (not to justify them) but I know that all it takes for a man to make peace with his Maker is dependent on how long he genuinely repents and seeks God's face. for all have sinned: even though Adam &Eve started the whole thing, I guess if you are to compare their sins and yours(let's be sincere), you may not be able to cast a single stone @ them.
I can assure you that despite all, God still loved them, and cares for them, and they still honoured the provision of God. remember what Eve said whenever she gave birth to offsprings.

This is my humble contribution to this thread:
Pls, Let's leave pride/human doctrinal limitations and Study God's Word with humility and pray for the revelation of His Word.
Amen.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

By comparison, their sin is way smaller than the sins that humans commit these days. (not to justify them) but I know that all it takes for a man to make peace with his Maker is dependent on how long he genuinely repents and seeks God's face. for all have sinned: even though Adam &Eve started the whole thing, I guess if you are to compare their sins and yours(let's be sincere), you may not be able to cast a single stone @ them.
I can assure you that despite all, God still loved them, and cares for them, and they still honoured the provision of God. remember what Eve said whenever she gave birth to offsprings.

My dear Adam and Eve are the worstest criminals of all times!

There is no crime ever committed under the sun that could be compared to what Adam and Eve did!

They had everything within their reach.
They had perfect bodies so they can't get sick.
There was no thieves to make them anxious.
All the animals were obedient to them.
No fear of oldage so they've gotten all the time.
No natural disasters so their 100% safe.
They don't have to pray because God lives with them.

I can go on and on telling you what could make you and i feel threatened and anxious to the point of doing what we ought not, but Adam and Eve never experienced any of these, they deliberately rebelled against God!

Please tell me what else you want after all they had that could make you misbehave!

My dear Adam and Eve are the worstest criminal of all times, so stop thinking God has forgiven them and now planning to make their imperfect descendants who never had 1% of all they had go
through everlasting excruciating torments! embarassed
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2020
Maximus69:

My dear Adam and Eve are the worstest criminals of all times!

There is no crime ever committed under the sun that could be compared to what Adam and Eve did!

They had everything within their reach.
They had perfect bodies so they can't get sick.
There was no thieves to make them anxious.
All the animals were obedient to them.
No fear of oldage so they've gotten all the time.
No natural disasters so their 100% safe.
They don't have to pray because God lives with them.

I can go on and on telling you what could make you and i feel threatened and anxious to the point of doing what we ought not, but Adam and Eve never experienced any of these, they deliberately rebelled against God!

Please tell me what else you want after all they had that could make you misbehave!

My dear Adam and Eve are the worstest criminal of all times, so stop thinking God has forgiven them and now planning to make their imperfect descendants who never had 1% of all they had go
through everlasting excruciating torments! embarassed

all these things you mentioned that they have, I can assure you that humans who have the understanding of God's Word have them too.
There are men who in this generation and in recent history walked in these dimensions: (except the lack of prayer, of course) prayer is communion with God; they had that; you have that too.
actually you can't justify yourself in that please.

if you don't believe me: @ least look at the life of Noah (amongst others).

Besides, do you know how beautiful that tree looks, how many times they passed it, how enticing, how much tempting it was especially after the enemy Drew their attention to it?. temptation has always existed: the only way out is just to triumph over them.

The weight of a commandment is commensurate to the level of the promise; so all these things they enjoyed was dependent on their ability to resist the temptation of eating a single fruit. it must mean a whole lot.

The glory that the Lord Jesus obtained was as a result of him triumphing over every temptation; I must tell you that it wasn't easy. Great glory = great battle won( over temptation). The glory of Eden = triumphing over the temptation in Eden.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

all these things you mentioned that they have, I can assure you that humans who have the understanding of God's Word have them too.
There are men who in this generation and in recent history walked in these dimensions: actually you can't justify yourself in that please.

if you don't believe me: @ least look at the life of Noah.

Besides, do you know how beautiful that tree looks, how many times they passed it, how enticing, how much tempting it was especially after the enemy Drew their attention to it?. temptation has always existed: the only way out is just to triumph over them.

The weight of a commandment is commensurate to the level of the promise; so all these things they enjoyed was dependent on their ability to resist the temptation of eating a single fruit. it must mean a whole lot.

The glory that the Lord Jesus obtained was as a result of him triumphing over every temptation; I must tell you that it wasn't easy. Great glory = great battle won( over temptation). The glory of Eden = triumphing over the temptation in Eden.

If you can't resist just a single temptation them forget leave people who are faced with countless temptations, health issues, fear of oldage and death.
If you must know, it's the fear of death that's making people do evil things to acquire what they could out of greed, if they knew there is no need to fear or dying everyone will be patient and contented with whatever they had!
Adam and Eve were really the most wicked criminals of all times!
So forget about the false Greek philosophy that teaches you that imperfect people will be roasted alive for falling victims to countless temptations facing them, if you're now pleading for Adam and Eve who only had to contend with just one single tree out of many other trees they could eat to satisfaction! Genesis 3:1-3 smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2020
Maximus69:

If you can't resist just a single temptation them forget about telling people who are faced with countless temptations, health issues, fear of oldage and death.
If you must know, it's the fear of death that's making people do evil things to acquire what they could out of greed, if they knew there is no need to fear or dying everyone will be patient and contented with whatever they had!
Adam and Eve were really the most wicked criminals of all times!
So forget about the false Greek philosophy that teaches you that imperfect people will be roasted alive for falling victims to countless temptations facing them, if you're now pleading for Adam and Eve who only had to contend with just one single tree out of many other trees they could eat to satisfaction! Genesis 3:1-3 smiley

Shut up please ( humbly speaking)
Let me be frank with you:
The only sin ever is not to trust God's Word, and to modify it to fit your liking; of which when (the doubt) acted on, it leads to death.
The word of the Lord is filled with the most wonderful promises ever[life, protection, provision,power, sanctification, fruitfulness, communion with God, inumerable others]: the question is the same; do you believe them?

let's try a check on that: faith;
Do you believe that you can have whatever you ask for, when you ask in the name of Jesus through faith: anything at all even greater than the wonderful things you are talking about (in Eden).

Sin means (transgressions) through not knowing or not trusting God's Word. simple Truth.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

Shut up please ( humbly speaking)
Let me be frank with you:
The only sin ever is not to trust God's Word, and to modify it to fit your liking; of which when (the doubt) acted on, it leads to death.
The word of the Lord is filled with the most wonderful promises ever[life, protection, provision,power, sanctification, fruitfulness, communion with God, inumerable others]: the question is the same; do you believe them?

let's try a check on that: faith;
Do you believe that you can have whatever you ask for, when you ask in the name of Jesus through faith: anything at all even greater than the wonderful things you are talking about (in Eden).

Sin means (transgressions) through not knowing or not trusting God's Word. simple Truth.

Thanks for the highlighted, so i'll be silent.

God bless you Sir/Ma! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2020
Maximus69:

Thanks for the highlighted, so i'll be silent.

God bless you Sir/Ma! smiley

Anyway I didn't mean to offend you at all.
you contradicted scriptures so much... I'm in no position to judge you. But.
I did all I had to do to make God's Truth to be known according to the measure of understanding given by Him.
Shalom.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

Anyway I didn't mean to offend you at all.
you contradicted scriptures so much... I'm in no position to judge you. But.
I did all I had to do to make God's Truth to be known according to the measure of understanding given by Him.
Shalom.

What i know is there is no sense in the theory of tormenting people alive for their past deeds, God said he hates such idea and it has never come into his heart! Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5

So instead of upsetting you, it's better you keep your beliefs and i'll keep mine! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Janosky: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

The second death: the death of the final Judgement: is the lake of fire. Having a sorer(worse) punishment than death and hell. It's just like taking two countries (and their respective ambassadors/messengers/spirits) and throwing them into a continent: forever

LIAR.
2nd Death is not perpetual torture in any fiery furnace grin
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Janosky: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Maximus69:

What i know is there is no sense in the theory of tormenting people alive for their past deeds, God said he hates such idea and it has never come into his heart! Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5

So instead of upsetting you, it's better you keep your beliefs and i'll keep mine! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley

Ask him to show you in his Bible where God tortured and tormented Adam forever, Csonice1 will begin to rigmarole back and forth.

Adam is the first sinner who should set the precedence but never did.
Why would God punish Noah's day with a global Deluge when hellfire exists?
Why would God punish Sodom and Gomorrah with destruction and not everlasting torture and torment? grin

Carry your hellfire SCAM and scram grin
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by DappaD: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

I've been following this thread quietly and I can't seem to understand some things. undecided

Is Csonice1 saying that God changed his mind concerning Adam and Eve? And if so, what Scriptural proof do you have of this?
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 10:23am On Aug 16, 2020
DappaD:

I've been following this thread quietly and I can't seem to understand some things. undecided

Is Csonice1 saying that God changed his mind concerning Adam and Eve? And if so, what Scriptural proof do you have of this?

All I'm saying is that God passed his judgement on Adam:and death and hardship reigned because of it. (But I know from the scriptures that repentance is one of the greatest gift given to men: angels don't have that liberty: humans do)

That's one of the reasons for the cry(declaration):"what is man that thou art mindful of him..?" . Moreover, God clothed and provided for them and they honoured it. Now, Cain was punished for his sin. when he acknowledged his helplessness, did God not put a mark on him that none should kill him? .As it is written: "a broken and contrite heart,thou(God) shall not despise"

Man missed the best God planned for them: However there are still men who despite beign in the Earth, triumphed over these limitations [death, hardship, etc] according to the measure of Faith and convictions.( Elijah in the old testament didn't die/neither was he out of fellowship with God,How about Enoch?: for more, read Hebrews 11). Hence, hardship is not a justification for sin.

Now, these men: Adam,the evil humans in the time of Noah, and people of Sodom etc are judged according to men in the flesh. But the gospel was preached unto them that are dead: Their justification depends on their believing it.(this may not apply to an offender in this{our} dispensation: that is anyone that trods the gospel under foot through unbelief after hearing it)

Modified: (for anyone doubting the activity amongst the dead(out of the body);
CONCERNING THE ACTIVITY AMONGST THE DEAD WHILE MEN ARE STILL ON THE EARTH; Let's take a look at a typical example.

Even before rapture.The bible said:
Revelation 6:9-11
" And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

I humbly submit to you that all I've said is Truth according to the Scriptures.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

All I'm saying is that God passed his judgement on Adam:and death and hardship reigned because of it. However, there are still men who despite beign in the Earth triumphed over these limitations.( Elijah in the old testament didn't die/neither was he out of fellowship with God,How about Enoch?: for more, read Hebrews 11).

Now, these men: Adam,The evil humans in the time of Noah, and people of Sodom etc are judged according to men in the flesh. But the gospel was preached unto them that are dead: Their justification depends on their believing it.(this may not apply to an offender in this dispensation: anyone that trods the gospel under foot through unbelief)

I humbly submit to you that all I've said is Truth according to the Scriptures.

You only copy and paste, but the understanding of those scriptures is beyond your grasp!

There is no activity going on amongst the dead {Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10} the dead don't know anything and they can't learn anything, so it's after their resurrection that they can be preached to!
Enoch, Moses and Elijah died and were buried by angels, they will be resurrected as righteous servants of God. They are all sleeping in DEATH!

None of those who lived before Christ is alive anywhere, they'll remain dead until resurrection! Revelations 20:11-13 smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Maximus69:

You only copy and paste, but the understanding of those scriptures is beyond your grasp!

There is no activity going on amongst the dead {Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10} the dead don't know anything and they can't learn anything, so it's after their resurrection that they can be preached to!
Enoch, Moses and Elijah died and were buried by angels, they will be resurrected as righteous servants of God. They are all sleeping in DEATH!

None of those who lived before Christ is alive anywhere, they'll remain dead until resurrection! Revelations 20:11-13 smiley

my contribution to the thread ended with my last post.
Thanks.
Happy to have been able to help: for all who are able to receive it.
To all who love God:
..I Love you brethren, I really do.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 16, 2020
Csonice1:

my contribution to the thread ended with my last post.
Thanks.
Happy to have been able to help: for all who are able to receive it.
To all who love God:
..I Love you brethren, I really do.

Thanks for sharing your time! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fr Mbaka Cries Out Over DSS Invitation / Ghost Spotted Hanging Around Synagogue Church During TB Joshua’s Funeral / What A Muslim Cleric Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.