Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud (48024 Views)

Panic In Ilorin Over Rumoured Abduction Of Mohammadu Buhari Jamiu (Photo) / Muslims, Christians Throw Stones In Ilorin Over Kwara Hijab Controversy (VIDEO) / EFCC Arrests UNIPORT Undergraduate, Girlfriend And Mum Over Internet Fraud(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Is it that all the jails are full now. undecided rubbish.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Chirowman(m): 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
him soup don burn sorry welcome to community service

1 Like

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by letitrainnow(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Dis one na serious matter ooo.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by PrudencyFeats: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
hisgrace090:
Wrong descition!

They should choose other punishment for him.

I'm not too comfortable with his type controlling traffic.

Haba! The guy never collect yet, he was caught impersonating.

To me the punishment and fine is OK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by JIMXMAVERICK(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nawa oo next please
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Bluffly: 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
So we also have a Nothern Nigeria law. It's okay

1 Like

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by jrusky(m): 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
He will still commit fraud controlling the traffic as the first Nigeria Yahoo Yahoo Traffic Officer.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by reason1man: 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
You still look broke brother
Rootprof:
Na wa ooo.
I do tell people,no matter how you hustle or work everything depends on God.No be everybody go pick. See this one weh never pick don start start punishment. Have heard of some people who ran mad trying to do ritual money. Please tell that guy say na last warning God give am, if he go back scamming he will soon run madt.
Legit still they pay,our time will come soonest .
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by pstar234(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
From grass to grace
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Is he trained to control traffic?

Why not give him the job of sweeping the courtyard every morning for a month?

1 Like

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by redsun(m): 12:36am On Aug 15, 2020
If the unlicensed drivers didn't kill him, toxic pollution will. And the yeye judge didn't consider the dangerous implications of using untrained hands to control traffic.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Thereishel: 12:43am On Aug 15, 2020
Kbabs02:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/08/14/man-to-control-traffic-for-three-months-in-ilorin-over-internet-fraud/

They should give him uniform with inscription Yahoo Internet Fraudster. I am only scared if an angry motorist won't run him over.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by matrixme(m): 3:51am On Aug 15, 2020
That Justice Sikiru Oyinloye, May God bless him wherever he is. This is one of the best justice ever delivered in recent times in Nigeria. We need to identify non-violent crimes and profer lighter judgement for such. The prison is not a place for every type of offender

1 Like

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by CaptainFM1: 3:59am On Aug 15, 2020
He must do so in prison uniform!
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by yinkusss: 4:16am On Aug 15, 2020
i will go and check him on August 17 2020 behind the ministry to confirmed if this news is true or not.. any way this probation can change his life for good sha because he no go dey lazy again for controlling traffic for 3 month.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by tellwisdom: 4:31am On Aug 15, 2020
Rootprof:
Na wa ooo.
I do tell people,no matter how you hustle or work everything depends on God.No be everybody go pick. See this one weh never pick don start start punishment. Have heard of some people who ran mad trying to do ritual money. Please tell that guy say na last warning God give am, if he go back scamming he will soon run madt.
Legit still they pay,our time will come soonest .

When does snapping a picture becomes a success? U mumu o! sad
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Yankee101: 5:21am On Aug 15, 2020
I like this sentencing

No need to mix him with hardened criminals
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Amaechi9(m): 5:39am On Aug 15, 2020
Community service, though I feel the punishment is small
Mean while Data sellers check my signature I have something for you
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by jaxxy(m): 6:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Sheisenough01:
Just 50k and free LASTMA work.

The punishment for fraud are too little...

How much was the fraud is the question. Fraud is charged and prosecuted on the scale or amount involved.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 15, 2020
Community service in Nigeria weldone.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by YemmyKamor: 6:20am On Aug 15, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Mumu judgement.
what do you know about law?

1 Like

Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Unrated900(m): 6:44am On Aug 15, 2020
If the phone and laptop was forfeited,

Then who will be using the phone and laptop.

Is it efcc officials or the government?
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by BabaRamota1980: 6:47am On Aug 15, 2020
Kolade Balogun, a convicted internet fraudster, is to control traffic for three months.

He is also to pay a fine of N50,000.

Justice Sikiru Oyinloye of a Kwara State High Court, sitting in Ilorin, convicted Balogun, following his arraignment by the Ilorin Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

According to the charge sheet brought against the convict by the anti-graft agency, “Kolade Balogun, (a.k.a William Davis, alias Bahemooth) sometimes in March 2020, or thereabout, at Ilorin, Kwara state within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, attempted to commit an offence of cheating by personation by pretending and representing yourself to be a Whiteman called William Davis, alias Bahemooth to unsuspected white woman on dating site called seeking arrangement as it is contained in your Gmail account, williamdavis@gmail.com and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 95 of the Penal code of Northern Nigeria.

Balogun pleaded guilty when the charge sheet was read to him.

Prosecuting counsel, Aliyu Adebayo, in his submission, asked the court to convict the defendant based on his plea, proof of evidence, and exhibits tendered.

But defence counsel, Rotimi Oyagbola, urged the trial judge to temper justice with mercy, arguing that his client was a first offender.

In his judgement, Justice Oyinloye, said the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt, considering the unchallenged and uncontradicted testimonies of the prosecution witness.

The judge said the convict should pay a fine of N50,000 and also control traffic at the junction behind the state Ministry of Physical Planning for three months, commencing from August 17 to October 17, 2020.

He further ordered that his items like phones and laptops recovered from him be forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

What kind of stupidity is this?
He was brought to court by EFCC, a Federal Agency. He is to forfeit his personal items to Federal Government. But he should be judged by a penal code of the Northern region.
Did any of my fellow big-grammar Southern graduates not detect this?
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by BabaRamota1980: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2020
Bluffly:
So we also have a Nothern Nigeria law. It's okay
Anyone who knows the guy if you read this share with him to contest the ruling by filling an appeal and seeking relief for dismissal based on mistrial at the State High Court.
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by opinion20: 7:05am On Aug 15, 2020
you chased a dog out of the house because of meat wey him wan chop now you go put am for kitchen make the dog the pursue fly for fish, yahoo boy to work with Nigeria police on the road ���� in order to control traffic abi in order to obtain from drivers
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by saxietohgbaskie(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2020
WhatsApp me 08-156-165-650
Bayodesign:
grin. I will take care of your various business card design logos ND many more wink see my signature
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Le2money(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2020
I supposed not to have quoted you but, I will base on the statement you made after the first full stop. You said the conviction was funny because you are disappointed by the judge not asking the young man to be hanged right but, if he succeeded in doing it and he send u money the way u asked now, you will be happy oo. In a saner world, community services are the punishment for little offence like this so far it's still "an attempt". So, why congesting our dirty prison the more when this type of punish can be passed to offenders ?

osaze20:
Woe,what a funny conviction.please am seriously sick and my family is starving.please help us with anything...0218 87 6562. Gtb
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Neddyogu(m): 7:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Abovebest:
Picking around the street would have been better

Then it will upgrade to full blown madness grin
Re: Man To Control Traffic For Three Months In Ilorin Over Internet Fraud by Mires: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2020
What is wrong with Nigerian legal system? It's obvious the country is promoting Internet scams and corruption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Assasins Shot A Man Dead In Port Harcourt This Afternoon(pics) / Woman Accuses Her Husband Of Sexually Molesting Their 9-Month-Old Son / Two Traffic Robbers Apprehended In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.