Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich (51757 Views)

Anthony Joshua Reacts To His Defeat By Oleksandr Usyk (Photos, Video) / Messi Slammed With £540 Fine For Diego Maradona Shirt Celebration / Real Madrid Fans Send Message To Jose Mourinho During Defeat To Eibar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
stayclearofme:

Chai human being! See as you dey run your hand like tap water . ..u just type rubbish!
Oga that guy typed the truth,na u nor get sense comprehend grin grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by oodua1stson: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
With all the idiots praising Ronaldo's leadership skills. One wouldn't believe he was in a team beaten 5-0 by Messi's Barcelona grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Qsand: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
A good leader also knows when to throw in the towel - when a cause is lost and not to lose the lives of his followers to a endless venture where futility is written on the wall. Messi knew it, before this game, before Napoli that there was no redeeming this team, and they were riding on luck. It's his leadership and influence that you folks trivialize that has held that team for so long. Barca has been in shambles for a longer time than non-barca fans think.

I personally would have done that and let the media capture it to show my absolute distaste. If the president won't be responsible and step down, maybe pressure from the fans and media will force him to.

And even if all I'm saying is gobbledygook, this is not - that you're the best doesn't automatically instill leadership. Take a look at McTominay in man utd. Except Messi asked specifically for that armband, I see no reason why we should be complaining. That Ronaldo is a better leader on the pitch adds far less importance to the title of GOAT thank what he does with the ball at his feat.

I'm an unbiased man utd football fan. Infact, I supported Ronaldo abinitio before switching to Messi later on. I was amazed by Ronaldo' Lyon performance as usual and felt sorry for him because of the players he was surrounded. Same with Messi. But right now, I'd rather have a Ronaldo in my team, if match deciding is what I'm looking for.

6 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Adjovi: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
The arm band goes beyond knowing how to play. As a leader you must motivate the team no matter the score line. The moment you show weakness as the leader, then the entire team gives up. Another thing is this, not everyone is blessed with leadership qualities.messi is a good player no doubt ,but a leader? He's not,same thing with neymar, making him the captain of Brazil is total rubbish, you don't award the captain band to a player because he's the best in the team. A lot comes with leadership, that arm band can weigh a lot
......speaking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by TruthinAction: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
The coach has the bulk of the blame. If I were him, I will instruct my players to fall back whenever my team is under attack from a team like Bayern. They should have played at least 7 players in the defense and try as much as possible not to allow the ball get into the 18 yard box.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
tweakdude1:
Messi is not to blame here. It was the coach's fault just pay attention to the tactics he used.
Would you have said this if it happened to Ronaldo?

3 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by viktor88: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
DSoj:
Useless report by Ronaldo fans.
JUNK
Obvious.

They even mentioned that he won three champions league instead of 4.

5 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Exonerate1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
infogenius:
I don't what kind of inspiration he is looking.
To be down by 4 goals to 1 at half time to a beastly team like Bayern is death.
Please leave the guy, he is human

grin

I Thought he's an Alien?

5 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
TruthinAction:
The coach has the bulk of the blame. If I were him, I will instruct my players to fall back whenever my team is under attack from a team like Bayern. They should have played at least 7 players in the defense and try as much as possible not to allow the ball get into the 18 yard box.
Is not coach we have seen cr7 instruct players on pitch for club and country not Everytime the coach have a clear perspective.Stop giving excuses for the truth grin

3 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Qsand: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
viktor88:

Obvious.

They even mentioned that he won three champions league instead of 4.
U see video u see international comment u still dey talk nonsense

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Exonerate1:

grin

I Thought he's an Alien?
grin grin nor mind dem grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Fheelzz(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
You all slamming him, why cant you go and take the job from as if you can do better

Shiorr
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by michjunior: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
obembet:

If With Messi, Barca is being Massacred. Without Messi, Barca has no future
Barca defeat hurt more than my last breakup
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by viktor88: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

U see video u see international comment u still dey talk nonsense
Why did they minus his champions league trophy in the article??
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by FuckThaMod: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
oodua1stson:
With all the idiots praising Ronaldo's leadership skills. One wouldn't believe he was in a team beaten 5-0 by Messi's Barcelona grin
That's the only thing you guys can say.. Ucl >>>> el classico
5-0>>>>>>8-2

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
viktor88:

Why did they minus his champions league trophy in the article??
Does that make the reality fake? Yes or no? grin grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by OJEEMAH(m): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
Stop the unnecessary criticism...we all have our bad days. Ronaldo this & Ronaldo that. is he still in the champions league?? a Juventus team with Ronaldo that can't face Lyon will be crushed by Bayern second team.

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Fheelzz:
You all slamming him, why cant you go and take the job from as if you can do better

Shiorr
I feel ur pain grin grin na una mouth kill una . grin grin Messi dis Messi dat grin oga enjoy the truth and shut up grin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by zeusdgrt(m): 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
OJEEMAH:
Stop the unnecessary criticism...we all have our bad days. Ronaldo this & Ronaldo that. is he still in the champions league?? a Juventus team with Ronaldo that can't face Lyon will be crushed by Bayern second team.
Damage control grin grin try another style grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Tareq1105: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
Messi simply isn't captain material.

A true captain would have inspired his team to go on and win the match. I saw none of that in Messi.

That's not to say he isn't a good player though.

I guess it was because he saw what he's been telling Barça management come to pass.

He once told them to retain Cortiho and other advices.

It's not the first time. Google his remarks when they lost Laliga then you will understand that Messi forsaw yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Blakpot: 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
You guys blame him for failing to meet up with ur misplaced expectations. There were 10 other barca players on that field, everyone of them underperformed and general morale was down. There was nothing Messi or any1. could do to save his team from that slaughter. Bayern were just overall d better team.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by bizhop01: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
That was serious humiliation yesterday is unacceptable to any top club,
The last match i witnessed 8-2 score line involved top teams was Manchester vs Arsenal EPL match

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by viktor88: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Does that make the reality fake? Yes or no? grin grin
That's their option not reality.

David Luis can ginger arsenal during halftime and will not go on to cause unnecessary penalty with a red card.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Tareq1105: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

A true captain would have inspired his team to go on and win the match. I saw none of that in Messi.

I guess it was because he saw what he's been telling Barça management come to pass.

He once told them to retain Cortiho and other advices.

It's not the first time. Google his remarks when they lost Laliga then you will understand that Messi forsaw yesterday.

Pls pray for my English Team, Man City even though my Spanish Team, Barça is out. I don't want to lose both with in 24 hrs.
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Shey na only Messi dey field?
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Exonerate1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeusdgrt:

grin grin nor mind dem grin

Now na Coach, Barca boards and (Blame other Barcelona players na).

All these Shalaye kò Nécessarygrin
Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by tuzle(m): 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
Auladimeji:
I'm a Barcelona, I saw it when Messi bow down when they scored but let us be real no matter what Barcelona can never beat Bayern Munich... Common!they have Muller, Lewandoski,Coutihno,Gbary,perisic and many more,My team Barcelona have nothing apart from Messi and Dejon(they really tried)...Honestly, as a Barcelona yesterday was not humiliation, the real humiliation was against Liverpool and Roma,we were cut off.... Barcelona fans should not be ashame,we can't defeat Bayern Munich and still defeat Manchester city,ko possible.. I'm still a Barcelona fan no matter what
to be sincere with u, there is nothing spectacular about the individual players at Bayern Munich except some few like lewandoski, even the coutinho u mentioned is a barca player who can't enter the team, but those guys know how to play as a team and attack and Barça are just that bad, it is just luck they have been using since. I don't want to blame their coach, but there is a serious problem with Barça from Messi to the management.

1 Like

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by BlackManta(m): 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:

Go on and win which match?

Steven Gerard captained Liverpool in 2005 final when they were 3 nil down at half time, he shouted, screamed and motivated his teammates like a true leader.

Ronaldo at Euro 16 final got injured but that didn't stop him from motivating his teammates, Ronaldo stood on the touchline like a coach and was giving orders until Portugal won.

Messi is nowhere close to these two legends when it comes to leadership.

Messi is too meek and soft for leadership position.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by AZeD1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

So teams that lose don't have true captains?

When Barca beat Madrid 5-1 why didn't Sergio Ramos inspire them to victory? Are you saying he isn't a true captain?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by Askay: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
No matter what, it is Barcelona for eternity unless ofcourse for obvious reasons.
That been said, Barcelona and Messi are imperfect beings not almighty. We mustn't always win.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Slammed For Lack Of Leadership During Defeat By Bayern Munich by obonujoker(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
oodua1stson:

How far guy, how many dribbles and pre assists yesterday from Messi? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Released From Prison And Placed Under House Arrest / Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team / Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.